Doug Zimmerman Piano Service

12/25/2015

Leslie W.

05/26/2015

Gwen R.

Great! I bought a piano off of craigslist so it was very badly out of tune. Doug work for an hour and a half on the piano and did not charge us any extra. He was very professional and actually stayed gave us some tips and information about our piano.

Description of Work
Tuned my piano

05/07/2015

Patricia B.

Description of Work
He was very professional and did a good job tuning the piano.

02/24/2014

Patricia B.

He came on time and got right to work. He repaired the key and tuned the piano. He was very professional and did a good job.

Description of Work
Tuned a piano and fixed a key that would not sound.

09/28/2013

Dorothy S.

Called for service, got answer machine; left message; returned call next day; scheduled promptly; arrived on time; good job and reasonable price.

Description of Work
Tuned piano

06/10/2013

Elaine M.

We have used Mr. Zimmerman to tune our pianos regularly since the day we bought them. He was recommended by the piano store we bought the piano. Great services, and the piano sounded much better after each tuning. Highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Tuning 2 pianos

05/13/2013

Patricia B.

Don't call last minute - he is very busy and even though he tries to fit everyone in when they want, the more notice you can give him the better.

Description of Work
He was prompt and did a great job of tuning the piano. There were no delays and he got right to the job at hand.

12/21/2011

Christina Lee K.

Instead of coming out to check it and charging me, he explained that I could easily check it myself. He gave a detailed description of a couple simple problems would make the piano not worth moving. He offered to come out and check it if I still wanted him to. He even gave a recommendation for a very professional mover that would protect the piano and my 100-year-old house during the move. Then he told me when he'd be available to tune the piano after the holidays. The unusual things he did, which I really appreciated, were giving recommendation for someone else, and telling me "If these small things are broken it won't cost you much at all." Most people will not do these things for you (over the phone if at all) because of liability. This tells me that he is an experienced professional who is confident in the services he provides, and is willing to go out on a limb to make sure you get good service. He spent several minutes on the phone with me, even though his schedule is full and I may not even buy the piano. He seems like a great guy, and I will definitely hire him when we finally have a piano moved in.

Description of Work
I called Doug to ask for an inspection of a piano I might buy from a neighbor, to make sure it was worth it before paying for it to be moved.

09/10/2010

Axel V.

Professional attitude and excellent quality. At least I have to think so as my son no longer complains the piano is out of tune! (I am NOT the musician in the family.) I didn't hear him at the door right away and so I was a bit late in answering his ring. This did not put him off at all and he went about the tuning with professionalism.

Description of Work
He tuned our upright piano and examined work I did to repair a pedal linkage.

03/06/2004

MARK E.

DOUG DID AN EXCELLENT JOB EXPLAINING THE BASIC MECHANICS OF WHAT MAKES A SOUND PIANO. HE PROVIDED QUITE A BIT OF TELEPHONE ASSISTANCE PRIOR TO THE VISIT - NONE OF WHICH HE CHARGED FOR. IN THE END, WE DID NOT PURCHASE THE PIANO SINCE DOUG DISCOVERED SOME MAJOR REPAIR WORK WHICH WOULD HAVE BEEN REQUIRED. WE WERE EXCEEDINGLY PLEASED TO BE ABLE TO GET HIS PROFESSIONAL OPINION AND ASSISTANCE AND AVOID MAKING A MAJOR MISTAKE.

Description of Work
WE HIRED DOUG TO EVALUATE A BABY GRAND PIANO WE WERE CONSIDERING PURCHASING. WE DISCUSSED WHAT TO LOOK FOR ON THE PHONE, AND DOUG MADE A VISIT TO THE HOUSE TO CHECK OUT THE QUALITY OF THE PIANO.

03/01/2004

DOUG IS COURTEOUS AND EXCELLENT. HIS PRICE IS FAIR. OUR PIANO IS AN OLD UPRIGHT AND HE FAITHFULLY REPAIRS KEYS AT A REASONABLE COST.

Description of Work
TUNING AND GENERAL MAINTENANCE AND REPAIR.

Piano Tuning
    Musical Instrument Repair

Piano tuning & maintenance.