Alliance Chimney & Energy Inc

Founded 2005 • With Angi since January 2012

Alliance Chimney and Energy is a full service chimney company offering such services as sales and installations of wood and gas stoves and inserts and vented gas log sets. We also offer cleanings, chimney liners both masonry and stainless steel,masonry applications, and everything relative to the

chimney sweep (128)chimney repair (74)chimney cap repair (30)fireplace services (29)masonry (10)gas fireplace repair (5)electrician (2)lighting (1)lawn & landscaping (1)

04/27/2021

Barbara P.

We love the fireplace. The guys were professional and quick, and when the fireplace needed service they were responsive and got everything back up and running great.

Description of Work
Fireplace installed and serviced.

Category electrician, fireplaces

Work Completed On 03/30/2021

03/10/2021

Benjamin M.

These guys are awesome. They are professional, knowledgeable, punctual, and personable. I’m always happy to welcome them into my home. They make sure it’s always done right. For instance, I had a poor little bat sneak into my chimney. Suffice it to say, it didn’t survive my first burn of Autumn 2020. They promptly sent out their guy (I think it was Mike) to thoroughly inspect and seal the chimney cap. He found the smallest opening and took care of it. As far as installation goes, they work quickly, cleanly, and courteously. Get on board with these guys! They’ll be there for you when you need them.

Description of Work
Stove insert installation and routine maintenance

Work Completed On 03/10/2021

Review for Alliance Chimney & Energy Inc - 73 Rittenhouse Pl, Ardmore, PA - 39240412

12/22/2020

Steven M.

Twice no-showed for appointments. Never cancelled or contacted. Waste of time.

Description of Work
Chimney Sweep & Inspection

Work Completed On 12/21/2020

09/03/2020

Darlene M.

Have work scheduled. Not competed yet

Description of Work
insert chimney liner and chimney cap

Work Completed On 09/03/2020

03/29/2020

Vicky E.

They came out and gave me a free estimate. At the time of the work, they showed up on time and performed the work satisfactorily time me and the insurance company and I was roused a homeowners policy thanks to them

Description of Work
I needed to have my roof repaired before I could get coverage for homeowners insurance

Work Completed On 03/29/2016

01/11/2020

Cassandra L.

I wad pleased with the work done . Mike and his crew were professional and they cleaned up after the job . was done. Irecommend Alliance to someone else needing there service.i was having a heater installed so i needed the work done asap and they were willing to accommodate me.

Description of Work
Chimney liner and cap

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, chimney repair

Work Completed On 01/08/2020

12/04/2019

John L.

No problems. I had Alliance out several years ago to install a liner on our furnace chimney with no issues. I believe Joe was the person performing the service and informed me that the chimney was already pretty clean and he would just charge for coming out. We're having a gas insert installed in this fireplace and I said I was supposed to get the chimney cleaned so I had him do the cleaning anyway. He was here about an hour and seemed very knowledgeable and friendly. I had a 10% off coupon from Angie's list that he wasn't aware of but gave the 10% off any way. The service was a little pricey compared to some other companies but I felt comfortable with this company. Total cost was $212 with 10% off was $190..

Description of Work
chimney cleaned

Work Completed On 12/04/2019

11/19/2019

Robert D.

We needed our chimney cleaned, since it hadn't been cleaned in the year and a half since we moved into the house. Alliance gave us a reasonable price, and were friendly and professional when they arrived. Though the chimney had supposedly been cleaned before we moved in, they said it looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years. So I believe they did a thorough inspection and trust that they cleaned it out as needed. We plan on continuing to use Alliance for our chimney cleaning.

Description of Work
Chimney Cleaning

Work Completed On 12/10/2019

04/18/2019

patti S.

This is a company that all others should emulate. Extremely professional, conscientious, honest, diligent, fair and all around nice guys that provide quality work at a fair and reasonable price. I highly recommend Alliance Chimney and will definitely use them again. Chuck runs a highly reputable business. Dave and Mike performed miracles on our old, unlined, leaking chimney. We only wish we found these great guys before we wasted time and money on other, less scrupulous companies. You will not be disappointed with Alliance on your side!

Description of Work
Chimney repair

Category chimney sweep, masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair

Work Completed On 04/10/2019

10/23/2018

Erin F.

Prompt service. Completed in a timely manner by polite and professional employees. Will definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Chimney cleaning

Work Completed On 10/23/2018

08/20/2018

Katya H.

Chuck responded fast to my message. He was one of the most honest people I met on Angies. Unlike other chimney sweeps, he said that my chimney is in a good shape and cleaning was no necessary.

Description of Work
Chimney cleaning/relining

Work Completed On 02/17/2018

05/25/2018

Phyllis K.

Chuck responded quickly to the email that I sent through Angie's list and visited the same day to provide an estimate. He looked at the basement where everything connects and went up on the roof to look at the exterior of the chimney. He provided an estimate on the spot and provide some recommendations. He was responsive to text and phone calls which was great. His team arrived within 30 minutes of the original time, but due to the rain couldn't finish the job. The came back that week and finished the job. They were polite, professional, clean, the even took off their shoes when walking through our house to access the basement. When all was complete there were no additional charges.

Description of Work
Installed a stainless steel liner with caps and repaired the exterior chimney.

Work Completed On 05/25/2018

02/20/2018

Katarzyna B.

We are very happy with all the work they have done. They had to demolish original brick fireplace and rebuild it into more modern style as per design we chose. After that they installed wood burning insert. We have been using the fireplace all winter and it is working and looks great. Chuck is very professional and very organize. We will definitely hire Alliance Chimney again in the future as we have one more fireplace to update.

Description of Work
Brick fireplace remodel & installation of a wood burning insert

Category masonry, fireplaces

Work Completed On 07/20/2017

01/21/2018

Michael H.

Very professional, very courteous. Would do business again and would recommend.

Description of Work
Chimney sweep/fireplace inspection

Category chimney sweep, fireplaces

Work Completed On 01/12/2018

12/12/2017

Erin F.

Professional and courtesy staff. Would hire again.

Description of Work
Chimney inspection and cleaning

Work Completed On 12/12/2017

06/16/2017

Rich G.

We just moved into the house so we wanted to make sure we could safely use the chimneys. The examination was thorough and we were given peace of mind by Alliance.

Description of Work
Inspect and clean two chimneys. Install chimney cap.

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps

Work Completed On 11/10/2016

06/06/2017

Judith C.

Prompt, courteous service. Nick, the lead technician, took the time to answer all of my questions, and provided very clear explanations.

Description of Work
Chimney cleaning, inspection

Work Completed On 06/06/2017

05/01/2017

Ashley M.

I had another company come out prior to Alliance. It was not a good experience. So when Alliance came in, got right down to what needed to be done (no exaggerations or upselling), wrote up a quote.. I hired them. I think the work was done well? I wouldn't know unless there is a problem in future, and we have not had one yet :)

Description of Work
Installed chimney liner for Oil filtration.

Category chimney repair

Work Completed On 02/11/2017

01/10/2017

Suzanne G.

I purchased a big deal after 2 years of going without chimney cleaning. After easily scheduling an appointment, Alliance Chimney promptly arrived at appointment time, evaluated my chimneys and told me I don't need a cleaning at this point. He would clean them if I wanted him to but that I could easily go another year. I had already paid for the deal and they could have easily done a "cleaning" but he chose to be honest and reputable. I will use them again next year and would highly recommend them based on this first impression.

Description of Work
Chimney cleaning.

Work Completed On 01/10/2017

12/18/2016

Steve R.

Nick the service technician arrived on time and was very professional. He removed shoes when in the house and did an outstanding job cleaning the chimney. He was very thorough and removed. cleaned and reinstalled the damper to ensure that it was fully operational.

Description of Work
Fireplace chimney cleaning & inspection.

Work Completed On 12/16/2016

11/08/2016

Ruth J.

It went great - Chuck was running early - called to see if he could head on over. He did - he evaluated the situation and gave me a reasonable quote. He said I didn't really NEED to get anything done until spring - but I wanted to just make sure it was clean. It needs a chimney cap and there was a small gap within the chimney he is going to seal up. We scheduled for him to come back in December. He was flexible with dates because I could only do weekends. He was very nice, clean, professional and I've already referred him to a close friend.

Description of Work
Having recently moved into a house that the previous home owners seemed to have neglected, I just needed an evaluation and quote on whether or not my fireplace/chimney were in working order.

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces

Work Completed On 11/05/2016

10/11/2016

Janice W.

Great company! Excellent work. On time, tidy and good prices. I used them twice-once on my rental and once on my house. I would recommend them highly.

Description of Work
Chimney liner on 2 properties

Category chimney sweep, masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair

Work Completed On 06/08/2016

09/26/2016

Paul D.

I cannot recommend these guys enough. We are beyond thrilled with the work that we had done. We had an old inefficient log set taken out and replaced. When the old set was removed it was revealed that the original measurements were off a bit and that we were going to need to remove some of the brick. They put together a dust tent in my living room to encase of the masonry dust, with nothing getting out into the actual living room. Once all that was taken care of, the unit went in and fit perfectly. They ran me through all of the controls, functions, and fundamentals of my new insert. They stayed until everything was confirmed to be working properly and I was satisfied with my questions. They were punctual, they were pleasant, and they were professional. Overall, a great experience.

Description of Work
Installation of a gas fireplace insert.

Category chimney sweep, fireplaces, gas logs