David Campbell Plumbing & Heating

Apollo, PA 15613

2 - Plumber...

06/13/2021

Lisa F.

Showed up early. Did the job and cleaned up. I am really happy with their work.

Description of Work
Air condition Installation

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

04/29/2021

Dale M.

I had a few no-shows from other professionals, but Dave Campbell Plumbing uses an instant messaging service to confirm the appointment and tell you when the plumber is en route. Overall, very satisfied with the service and price.

Description of Work
Shower valve body replacement

05/03/2020

r K.

Excellent. Dave was highly recommended and I also would highly recommend Dave Campbell plumbing and heating. I was contacted promptly, estimate provided with recommended work to fix the excessive water problems from running down hill behind the house. The water was also entering the septic system and needed replacement of existing leach field. Dave also recommended to install a sump pump in the basement to ensure the basement remains dry. Dave was able to start the project the next week and completed the project timely. He was very professional and performed a quality job that exceeded my expectations at a extremely reasonable price. The backyard is now dry and draining properly, the sump pump is running alot during this rainy spring weather and the new leach field is operating efficiently. Dave also regraded the yard which looks amazing. Again, I can not thank Dave Campbell plumbing enough for the excellent work and I highly recommend his quality work.

Description of Work
Waterproofing, sump pump, drain fields to redirect water and replace leach field for septic system

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, basement waterproofing

01/27/2020

Mary M.

Service was prompt. Cost was reasonable. Would definitely recommend this business.

Description of Work
Pipe needed replaced.

06/20/2019

Jill L.

Very good and outstanding.

Description of Work
He did some plumbing work. Fixed some pluming leaks.

06/18/2019

Philip K.

Dave displayed excellent communication skills, used texting and kept me well informed through out the project. He promptly replies to every text, normally within minutes. The work went well despite a PA 1 Call problem with marking the underground utilities. This was not attributed to anything that Dave's team did. Dave was very helpful in recovering from this setback and worked an extra day on the weekend to recover from a problem that he did not create. I was pleased with the workmanship of the plumbing and the effort with smoothing out the backfilled construction trench.

Description of Work
Installation of a main water line.

02/12/2019

Jess W.

We needed our plumbing replaced. Our toilet and kitchen sink would always backup. Hiring them was a wonderful experience! David is extremely personable and explained what needed done and why during the estimate. He would call me when he was leaving his shop so I would know when he would arrive. Went over the plan with me before they started the job. Ended up being lower price than the estimate! Our plumbing has never worked better. I would absolutely hire again!

Description of Work
Kitchen and bathroom pipes replaced

04/04/2018

Kimberly C.

Is there a great better than an A? If so, I would definitely give it to David Campbell, and his team of hard working guys. They were the hardest working, most respectful, excellent craftsmen, trustworthy, punctual men I have ever have the pleasure of working with especially in a stressful situation such as water flooding the basement of a newly purchased house. David has fair pricing, and doesn't try to oversell on what you don't need. Campbell plumbing goes over and beyond every single time, and never ceases to make a happy customer out of me. I have recommended them to anyone and everyone I know, and don't think they will disappoint. They stand behind their word and work even after the job is done. They even took the fact that I had cats into consideration, and made sure not to let them out of the house! I cannot speak highly enough as to David & his guys work ethic, diligence, and standards. Truly a gem, and I wish I could replicate them into other service providers!

Description of Work
Hot water heater expansion tank added with regulator. French drains and sump pump installed. Constantly running toilet FIXED!

Category plumbing, water heater repair

01/13/2018

Christopher B.

Very knowledgeable and gave me good parts and good installation. Free consultation. Had an employee come to assist on installation to cut down a little cost. Great price for all of the work done. Extremely friendly and very courteous. Very busy but makes time for everyone. Will be using again!

Description of Work
Replace 2 outside faucets with shut offs, kitchen sink work, other miscellaneous work.

03/24/2016

JAMES D.

Description of Work
Repaired Master Bath leak at our home in Allegheny Township. Installed shut off valves. Removed existing faucets and installed customer's new tub and shower faucet and shower head. Dave was prompt, professional and trustworthy.

10/07/2015

Susan M.

Dave solved the issue in less than an hour. I have not had any problems since!

Description of Work
My kitchen sink was totally blocked. I had used a variety of chemicals and a snake without any luck. Dave previously installed my water heater, and I was very pleased, so I called him again. He had another call in my neighborhood the next day and stopped by afterwards. He was able to fix my issue in a very short period of time. A few important things to know about Dave: 1. He is easy to communicate with--He will answer his phone and talk to you. He will call you back. He will be clear about the plan for when he is coming and what he will be doing. 2. He will not oversell you--Whether it was my water heater or my kitchen sink, Dave walked through my options and the pros and cons of each to help me make my best selection. 3. He has good interpersonal skills--Regardless of your knowledge about the issue you are having, you will feel perfectly comfortable with Dave. He will greet you with a smile, introduce himself, and take the time to understand your needs and preferences. 4. His prices are fair--Because Dave was already a few houses down from me for another job, he gave me a break on the cost for the house call, because he did not need to make a trip specifically for my job.

07/14/2015

Jill L.

Everything worked fine. Top notch work.

Description of Work
Installed new shower faucet, disconnected, removed an old water filter under the kitchen sink. All the work was completed in a timely manner and left neat and clean. They were prompt, professional and courteous. I will certainly recommend Dave Campbell to all my friends.

03/02/2015

Elizabeth R.

I needed an emergency repair, and he did a good job. He took a couple of hours, but he had to replace everything. He was prompt, and he did a good job.

Description of Work
I used Dave Campbell. He had to replace my faucet in the bathroom, for the bathtub.

12/18/2014

Mark C.

Description of Work
HE WAS CALLED IN BY HOME WARRANTY CO. AND WAS EXCELLENT FOUND AND FIXED THE PROBLEM. HE IS DIFFENTLY A QUALIFIED PLUMBER!

12/12/2014

Suzanne H.

This man was an absolute angel. He came out the same day I called to give me a free estimate. We set up a time and date for him to come and complete his repairs. Dave's price actually came in two hundred dollars under his original estimate and he asked me if that was an ok price. So professional, prompt and very personable. I would recommend this man to anyone.

Description of Work
Installed a new pressure regulator and check valve, new shut off and repaired a few leaks. He also cut off a 4 foot by 4" cast iron pipe that was leaking and replaced that with a new one.

08/19/2014

Sue W.

03/15/2014

Cory H.

David was a professional, despite the fact that he was in our bathroom elbow deep in cold water on a Friday night. He fixed every problem we had, wrote a detailed bill and gave a business card for us to call with any problems. Whenever we're ready to start on our preventive maintenance, David will get our business.

Description of Work
We completed the walkthrough of our new home at 11 a.m. and closed at noon. We returned at 2 p.m. and immediately noticed a leak. The upstairs toilet shutoff valve was broken and had leaked all the way down into the first floor. Our home warranty company called David and he was out the same evening. He also was able to inexpensively repair two nonfunctional faucets which our warranty did not cover. He even went to the hardware store to ensure he had parts that matched our existing plumbing, and recommended future maintenance to avoid costly long-term repairs.

11/05/2013

Elizabeth R.

Dave was very helpful and didn't overcharge us. He told us how to fix things ourselves to help save money.

Description of Work
He fixed the faucet in my bathtub.

09/01/2013

Randy H.

Dave was great! We called him at 4 PM on a Saturday because we had a sewage back-up that flooded our basement. He said he would be out at 9 AM Sunday morning. He showed up at 9, even though he was coming from Apollo (about an hour away). And we think $200 for a plumber that responds immediately on a week-end is a bargain! He only took an hour to fix our issue and he was VERY professional!

Description of Work
Snaked a drain on a Sunday morning

06/12/2012

Brandy B.

Things went very well overall! He was straightforward ~ which I admire in a person. I'm very glad he wasn't one of those people that sugar coated things or hem-hawed around because I'm a woman, or because he thought I wouldn't understand! He was there when He said he would be, if there was any sort of delay or if he was so much as 15 minutes behind, he was courteous enough to pick up a phone and let us know... I couldn't have asked for better! If I ever need help again, he will definitely be my first call!

Description of Work
Our hot water tank literally blew up... spouting hot water every where. So knowing we were without water he made us a priority appointment! He came and diagnosed the problem with the tank ~ nope couldn't be fixed, and because the last people that owned the house had it installed improperly... HOME WARRANTY was worthless! He was willing to work with us anyway though!He gave us options about other hot water tanks, offered suggestions on different sizes, and then he turned us on the one we now have and love. Because my mother lives in the basement where the (gas) water heater is, he suggested we go with a power vented tank that exhausts OUTSIDE !!! It's great because it takes away all risk of carbon monoxide poisoning which was so so important to us! The vent is run by electric and had to be routed outside of course! He had to go through my cement foundation and then up through the ground outside to hook up all the vent pipes. I was so worried it would look awful, but it doesn't. My furnace vents the exact same way, and it's really not so bad! He was very sure to seal every crack and crevice that was opened up to put the pipe work through, and I think he even sealed around the furnace vent ~ where I didn't know was drafty! Also since we are new to this area, he made us aware that we need some sort of water filter before the tank because even though it's city water here... there's a LOT of sediment that gets in, and then instructed us on the proper way to flush a tank ~ turned out we were doing it wrong.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

04/04/2012

Sarah T.

He seems pretty good. I am calling him back because he didn’t really put my dish washer correctly. He is a nice guy and he seems to do pretty well. Other people recommended him to me. He didn’t cheat me like some guys have. I think his price was fair. I think I will use him in the future. I am still iffy about how he did my dish washer, I am calling him back right now. He didn’t put it in right.

Description of Work
I used David Campbell Plumbing and Heating for plumbing. He installed my dish washer, sink, and garbage disposal. He has also looked at some faucets and bathroom plumbing.

03/09/2012

Dean D.

I've used D. Campbell Plumbing once before and was quite happy then so I used him again to help with my situation. I'm trying to sell the house and I had failed my Dye Test which is required in order to sell. I explained what had failed to Mr. Campbell over the phone and he assured me that, given that information, it shouldn't be too hard to fix. Mr. Campbell showed up on time after calling to confirm the appointment. He is very courteous and friendly. It took him only moments to see the problem and he gave me several options on how to go about fixing it. I have two sump pumps (one in garage and one in basement) and he checked to make sure that the 2nd sump pump was draining properly and would pass the dye test as well to save me from having a 2nd visit for the same problem. Once we decided on the fix I preferred he went to work. First thing he did was to plot out the course of the pipes that would run from my basement sump pump to the exterior drain that the garage sump pump was tied into. He cleanly and concisely ran the pipes along the interior walls of my garage and through a cinder block wall, along my basement workshop wall and down into the sump pump. He attempted to use the piping I had attached to the pump originally so as to make it easier in the future for me (or whoever) to swap out or repair the pump if there were ever an issue but, unfortunately, my piping wasn't up to par. It was weak and taped up by the previous owner of my house as a cheap repair I guess. Regardless, he tried to make it easier on me for the future. He tested everything to make sure it worked and sealed up the extra space around the pipe leading through my block wall. Aside from that, he also inspected and informed me of how to solve another problem I had with a venting pipe for an exterior drain that also would not pass the dye test. The vent pipe was flush level with the concrete and needed to be raised up a certain amount so that water could not just run down and drain into it. He gave me several option there as well. I will be having him repair that soon. Overall, he was courteous, friendly, and efficient. He took his time to do it right which is a big 'thumbs up' in my book. Too often do you see contractors 'half a**' something because it's quicker and easier. Do it right the first time and you won't have any issues. Mr. Campbell obviously agrees with and works like that. Thanks D. Campbell Plumbing! I hope I never need to see you again but if it comes down to it, you'll be the ones I call!

Description of Work
I needed my sump pump rerouted to drain properly. It was previously draining into the main sewer line which is not up to code in the county. Mr. Campbell connected the pump to some piping that he installed and ran to an exterior drain that existed in my garage. He verified the working order of both my sump pumps, connected them to the same drain, and verified that they were both up to code.

Category plumbing, wells

02/18/2012

Susan M.

Service and price were great. I have used D Campbell Plumbing in the past and been very pleased.

Description of Work
I had my 40 gallon water heater replaced with one that was nearly 80 gallons.

Category water heater repair

05/19/2011

Susan M.

Mr. Campbell was well-informed regarding the products on the market, their pros and cons, and the necessary changes I would need to make to my home in order to accomodate each one. He was very personable, and easy to talk to regarding the pros and cons of the different units and the long-term economic benefit of each. Mr. Campbell had previously come to my home to fix my current water heater. I was very pleased with that interaction as well which is why I had chosen to contact him again now that I want to upgrade to a bigger unit. I am now working with Mr. Campbell to schedule when in the future I would like him to install the water heater.

Description of Work
Mr. Campbell came to my home in order to provide me with an estimate to upgrade my current 40 gallon water heater to a 50 gallon, 80 gallon, or possibly a tankless water heater. He came into my home evaluated the current status of my system and discussed my options.

Category water heater repair

Haefner Drilling LLC

For all of your water pump and well drilling needs, place your trust in the experienced team at Haefner Drilling LLC. For over 50 years, our family has helped keep your water flow consistent.

Kad Heating and Cooling

Specializing in HEATING AND A/C SERVIES! We always guarantee your satisfaction and won’t leave until the job is done right. We take pride in ourselves and on the quality work we provide, while always delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered, then call --or-- click to schedule a free estimate today! Residential Heating and A/C Services Owner operated Family Owned Quick response and turn around time

Everdry Basement Waterproofing

EverDry Basement Waterproofing is western PA's solution for foundation repair and basement waterproofing. Serving the greater Pittsburgh area, we have what it takes to fix the symptoms and the source of your wet basement problems. Everdry specializes in basement waterproofing and foundation repair. Our patented, safe and 100% effective waterproofing method can be used on foundations consisting of poured concrete, block, brick, stone, red clay tile plus crawl spaces and slabs. We have been in business for more than 35 years and have over 90,000 satisfied customers. Everdry Professionals take a personal one on one approach in helping homeowners to understand their options for creating a safe, dry and livable space in their basements. Everdry Waterproofing repairs all causes of basement seepage, including seepage through foundation wall cracks, window wells, porous concrete and masonry walls. We address floor leaks, whether water is coming upward through floor cracks and/or the cove joint.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Financing Available