PROGRAMECHANICS

Founded 1984 • With Angi since September 2008

757 E HIGHLAND ST

Allentown, PA 18109

George Adam, owner of PROGRAMECHANICS, a full service automotive repair and maintenance center, knows all of his customers and the cars they are driving!!! Over 35 years in the automotive industry, George has built PROGRAMECHANICS around you and your needs. A personalized auto repair and maintenance facility, we believe in educating you on your car. Just like we would go to the doctor or dentist to take care of ourselves, we also need to be aware of what the car needs. Is it time for an oil change? What is that noise I am hearing? The check engine light came on, what does that mean? I may buy a used car, is it satisfactory? Winter/Summer is approaching, what does my car need? I have a trip planned, is my car ready? If you have a question, George and his staff have the answer!!! We strive to help you maintain your vehicle before it breaks down! Oil and filter change, PA Inspection and Emission testing, alignments, transmission service, tune up, brake service, heating and air conditioning service, tire balance, rotation and new tires, electical and computer diagnostics are just some of the services we offer. PROGRAMECHANICS is a Bumper to Bumper Certified Service Center. Car Care One Credit is available with on the spot financing, 6 months interest free on any invoice over $299.00 available with approved credit. We also offer free of charge a nationwide warranty on all repairs for 1 year or 12,000 miles under our Confidence Plus plan. We invite you to stop by and visit our facility. We are located at 757 E. Highland Street. From Airport Rd/ Union Blvd intersection follow Union Blvd towards Allentown, turn right on N. Godfrey St. (At the Village Bake Shop.) proceed to the stop sign, we are on the opposite corner. You can drop your car off or wait in our waiting area complete with coffee, television, and free WIFI all in a non-smoking atmosphere. We can also offer transportation, ask for details. Join our family at PROGRAMECHANICS for all your maintenance and repair needs. To welcome you as a new customer, recieve $10.00 OFF your first service. Call for your appointment today. Thank You and have a great day, Your team at PROGRAMECHANICS....

11/29/2018

Jim F.

I was looking for something else on Angie's List and thought to see if Programechanics was on here. Coworkers recommended me to George and his shop 20 years ago now, and I have to say he is the most honest and fair person I've ever dealt with, in addition to doing great work on my cars over the years. He will NEVER try to upsell you, and on many occasions has done the opposite- tells me I don't really need a service I asked for, or knows I can do certain repairs myself and tells me to do that and save money, and provides any advice on doing those repairs. He also always takes the time to thoroughly explain the work needed or performed. I haven't worked near Programechanics for 15 years, but gladly go out of my way to have my cars serviced there. I've referred others to George and they are also extremely happy and surprised with the service and advice.

Description of Work
Tons of car service and repair over the years

Category muffler repair,auto repair,car inspections

04/28/2015

David E.

The facility is very clean, and the staff is very nice. I usually drop my car off, and then pick it up in the afternoon. They are very good and very honest.

Description of Work
I use Programechanics. I last took my car in for some work on the engine.

09/17/2013

william F.

The owner is honest, and a good mechanic, but.... if a simple item is missing for PA inspection, I expect them to allow me to bring them the simple part and not insist on charging for the part and install. Small bracket to hold down battery was missing. When he insisted on doing it his way, this was the last time I went to him for any work.

Description of Work
Auto inspection, found missing battery hold down bracket, and refused to allow me to buy one and install. Insisted that I buy the part from him (at a markup)

09/05/2013

christina T.

My appt was for 10a and i was waiting. Got there at 10a my car was in the shop 5mins later and looked over right away I did need new rotors for inspection which he did quote me a price but since my husband could do the work he didnt pressure me at all and have appt. to take car back next week. Very nice people and trustworthy. I will definetly be using them in the future. Was outta there within an hour and if I would've had the rotors done by them out within 1 1/2hrs.

Description of Work
state inspection and emissions

01/10/2013

Robert P.

I left car at 8:00 AM and it was finished by 11:00AM as promised. All services where done and the owner George Adams went over all the details to completely explain work done. Earlier this past year I had an engine oil leak that normaly requires the engine be pulled in order to repair. George was able to divise a method that the engine not be removed. This repair is now a year old and is holding up perfectly. He saved me $1500.00 by his inqenuity and special technigues. I am completely satisfied and highly reccomend this company

Description of Work
Complete bumper to bumper service. Inspection,emisions,oil,filters,transmission,etc.

Category auto repair

Thank You Member, we at Programechanics greatly appreciate your buisness and hope to continue to be able to assist you in any of your car maintenance or repair needs.

12/21/2012

John D.

They do a great job. I never had a mechanic sit me down, apologize and go through alternatives for a job that would be costly ($900). I trust that he will be fair with me. His prices are reasonable and work is good. They are also members of a national program that would fix any repair work that fails no matter where you are in the country.

Description of Work
Routine maintenance: oil change, tire rotation, brake and transmission fluid change.

Category auto repair,car inspections

Thank you for your positive review of our company, we at Programechanics appreciate your buisness and hope that we can assist you in all of your future car maintenance and repair needs.

03/29/2012

BILL B.

George always calls and tells you in detail what needs to be done, if you have any questions he's always ready to answer, and treats his customers like he knows them for years. I really like taking my vehicles there.

Description of Work
George adam does fine work, and the car was ready when he said it would be. I'd use his services anytime - he's real good, and very fair. He did an inspection and new wiper pump and hoses were installed.

01/09/2012

Kathy O.

George took the time to ask us detailed questions about the issue and the history of the car.

Description of Work
Had the car into another mechanic twice who couldn't find the problem. George found it and fixed it in a day.

Category auto repair

Thank you Customer for your positive review of our company, we at Programechanics appreciate your buisness and hope that we can assist you in all of your future car maintenance and repair needs.

11/28/2011

BILL B.

i told programechanics that i would drop the van off at 9 am, anything the vehicle needed george contacted me before replacing it, i know i'll use them in the future.

Description of Work
george adams is a real pro, with the time the vehicle was finished and the price, i had an oil change, flush, state inspection, and emissions, plus he changed two belts, and an air filter

Category auto repair,car inspections

Thank you Member for your positive review and continued loyalty to our company, we at Programechanics appreciate your buisness and hope that we can assist you in all of your future car maintenance and repair needs.

09/13/2011

Allen H.

I have only used them once and they were recommended by a friend. I will more than likely use them again and was satisfied with my visit there.

Description of Work
I used Programechanics for auto service.

Auto Service
    Auto Inspections
    Auto Mufflers
    Auto Alarms
    Auto Radiators
    Auto Tires
    Auto Radio Service
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available

PA State Inspection, PA Emissions Testing, Computer Diagnostics, Check engine light, Radiator, Heating and Air conditioning, Alternators, Clutch, Timing Belt, Engine Tuning, Exhaust/ Muffler Repair, Overheating, Electrical Systems, Starters, Water Pumps, Etc... All Vehicle Maintenance, Belts, fluid changes, Tires (balance, rotation, replacement), Wheel Alignment, filters, transmission/coolant services, shocks, struts, tune ups, etc...

NA