LEHIGH RUG SERVICE

Founded 1958 • With Angi since October 2007

121 S Fulton St

Allentown, PA 18102

For over 60 years Lehigh Rug Service has been the area's leader in high quality carpet installation, repair and cleaning. Serving the Greater Lehigh Valley, our distinctive service is trusted by homeowners, designers, and businesses alike. When you hire Lehigh Rug, you can be assured that our workmanship will be done to the highest of standards, as we only hire the finest professionals . From your first phone call, through the completion of your job and beyond we are here to serve you! Your Satisfaction is always our highest priority! Honest, Kind and Dependable! Never a Hard Sell. Today, we are proud to offer over 100 years combined experience, award winning green carpet cleaning, and the finest oriental rug service....

07/06/2022

William M.

The quality of work and professionalism was excellent. Approximately 331 sq. ft. of wall-to-wall carpet was cleaned plus 4 steps. Also, a sofa and reclining chair and 3 pillows were cleaned. I would recommend this company and I would hire them again.

Description of Work
clean wall to wall carpet and sofa and reclining chair

11/08/2020

Ellen S.

The actual carpet cleaner did a great job but the owner stated a window time between 10-1. Furniture was moved into other rooms however he kept delaying the time. He called several times that day to delay than last call was to ask if I wanted to do it another day. I replied no, since furniture was moved. The carpet cleaner came late and the owner refused to give a discount stating I already received 1 for room deodorizer which would smell great. There carpet was clean but there was no "great" smell.

Description of Work
Carpet cleaning for dog mess

Category carpet cleaners

My Carpet cleaner was at a medical testing that ran late. I apologized profusely for the inconvenience. I was able to get another cleaner there late in the same day and as mentioned the job came out nicely. These rare occurrences do happen in business but we do our best to not let them happen

08/17/2019

Jane C.

I called them to request their services and they returned my call promptly. They were able to accommodate the date I was looking for, which was very much appreciated.. The person who came to clean the carpets was very professional. He explained what he would be doing and about how long he would be there. The carpets look brand new thanks to the great work of Jacob from Lehigh Rug Service. Thank you!

Description of Work
Carpet cleaning in living room and bedroom

Category carpet cleaners

[Member Name Removed] thank you for the kind words. We are so pleased that you were happy with the service. We are starting a loyalty program for people who write us a review like you just did here or on google or both and follow us on Facebook. If you would let us know when you follow us on Facebook we will put you in for $10 off all future services with our company. Another part of the loyalty program is an auto call back or email service where we can remind you when it is time to consider cleaning again. You set the window of when you would want this prompt or can opt out of it. Thank you again for using Lehigh Rug Service where your satisfaction is always our #1 priority!

09/24/2018

Norma C.

Excellent; prompt service, professional, detailed, very pleasant and polite tech.. very fair prices. I have booked them again for next month for rug cleaning upstairs. They cleaned my couches, bar stools and two rugs.

Description of Work
upholstery and rug cleaning

Category carpet cleaners, upholstery cleaning, oriental rug cleaning

thank you for the kind words. We are so pleased that you were happy with the service. We are making a big online push so i apologize we didn't respond earlier We are starting a loyalty program for people who write us a review like you just did here or on google or both and follow us on Facebook. If you would let us know when you follow us on Facebook we will put you in for $10 off all future services with our company. Another part of the loyalty program is an auto call back or email service where we can remind you when it is time to consider cleaning again. You set the window of when you would want this prompt or can opt out of it. Thank you again for using Lehigh Rug Service where your satisfaction is always our #1 priority!

03/05/2018

Colin M.

Excellent. Customer service was great.

Description of Work
Area rugs cleaned on site

10/26/2017

Barbara B.

Wish I had done this sooner. Lane lines were taken care of, and the stairs haven't looked so good in a long time. Further, when the wool wall-to-wall carpet dried, the wool became soft and fluffy. So nice. Efficient, respectful team went to work, got the job done right, answered questions, and left us with instructions. Professional. This is the way to go.

Description of Work
10 years' of build up--"lane lines," carpeted stairs (going upstairs and down to the basement) and hallways (upstairs and in basement), and master bedroom around large oriental rug, with periodic spot treatments by me, on my knees. I needed professional help for these large areas, plus entries into closets and office. You really need steam cleaning and professionals to do a proper job; it's just too big.

10/02/2017

Bip S.

Very professional. Removed carpets for external cleaning. Did upholstery onsite. Great with dogs.

Description of Work
Rug and upholstery cleaning. 2 area rugs, 3 couches, 1 arm chair and 1 ottoman.

08/26/2017

B. V.

Jacob called to verify I was ready for him at the pre-scheduled time. He arrived on time and did an extremely good job of getting spots and stains out of the carpeting. He even remembered the special instructions I had given him the previous year re: the braided rug! Great service.

Description of Work
Cleaning carpeting on stairs and landings. Cleaning one hand braided rug and one oriental style rug.

08/21/2017

Susan C.

Jacob did a nice job, was professional and fast.

Description of Work
Carpets Cleaned

07/06/2017

Kimberly J.

Wonderful. Punctual, professional and friendly service. Jacob was thorough and pleasant.

Description of Work
Whole house carpet cleaning, and I have a large home.

04/07/2017

Randall C.

Technician was professional & efficient and answered all questions

Description of Work
Entire house for house staging

Category carpet cleaners

Dear Valued Customer, Thanks for your honest feedback. It looks like you were only partially pleased with our service, and for that we apologize. You seemed very happy when we completed the job! Please call our office at 610-821-8221 so we can understand your dissatisfaction and hopefully rectify the issue. Sincerely, Matt Eckert

03/04/2017

Lori N.

Jacob was the ultimate professional. I called Friday and they came Monday. They did a fantastic job- I would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Rug/carpet cleaning- upstairs including stairs- hallway and 2 bedrooms.

Category carpet cleaners, oriental rug cleaning

Wow! Jacob says thank you for the compliment! He lit up when I told him.

03/03/2017

Patricia A R.

Communicated via email for upstairs & 1/2 basement & steps made appt; did excellent job. Decided to have he high come back for other 1/2 basement & 3 pieces of furniture. Again, excellent job. Tech also fried test cleaning of very dirty sofa. Sofa came out well enough that I will have he high come back to do sofa & a chair. Tech made effort to get difficult areas & spots come clean. Definitely, an outstanding company.

Description of Work
2-1-17-braidedrugs, upstairs carpeting, 1/2 of basement & basement steps. 1-15-17-2nd 1/2 basement, loveseat, chair & ottoman.

Category carpet cleaners, upholstery cleaning, oriental rug cleaning

Thank you so much for your positive words! It means a lot to us. Matt Eckert

03/01/2017

Kelly R.

excellant! Tom came out with samples and measured and got me a quote immediately after I picked out the carpet that we wanted. He gave us ideas and was a huge help. He was very responsive and got in touch with us very quickly and the service was then performed within the next week or so! The young man who came to install the carpeting was polite and very efficient! I had used Lehigh Rug Service to install carpeting in our basement when we finished it and they had great service then as well- that's why I went back! And I will use them again as needed. They also will be cleaning my carpeting for me this spring!!

Description of Work
installation of carpeting on stairs

Category carpet installation

We're glad we could help you with your project and even gladder to hear your enthusiasm. Thanks for taking some time out of your day to leave us a review =) Matt Eckert

02/25/2017

Larry E.

Lehigh Rug Service attempted several times to remove the stain, but could not clean the rug to their high standard for results. Because of this, they did not charge me anything for their work. The owner was very thorough in discussing the stain and the work they performed in trying to remove the stain, I was very pleased with their efforts and would definitely use their services again.

Description of Work
Oriental rug cleaning. A significant tomato sauce stain was on the rug.

Category oriental rug cleaning

Thank you. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to future services we can perform. -Tom Eckert

02/20/2017

Mish G.

best price for top quality carpets! From the choosing of carpet (so much to choose from!), to the date of installation, to the completion of the work - I would never go anywhere else. They've been THE chosen carpet sales and installer for decades!

Description of Work
Carpet installation for newly purchased condo -

We appreciate your patronage! Matt Eckert

03/08/2016

Lorry G.

Prior to cleaning, they spot-treated several nasty (chocolate milk, etc) stains. Second step was to "rake" the carpets to get the nap up. Finally steam cleaned. Carpets are clean, stains are gone, and it dried in a few hours. Smell was not unpleasant.

Description of Work
Cleaned all wall-to-wall carpets

Category carpet cleaners, carpet installation, flooring contractor

Glad we could get those carpets clean! Thanks for you review.

11/28/2014

Charles H.

We were very pleased - had a couple places in our wall-to-wall carpeting that had developed ripples. The technician arrived 5 minutes early for the appointment, introduced himself, evaluated the carpet and explained exactly what he would do. He also quoted the price at that time, and we had him proceed with the work. He was done in approximately an hour. Carpeting looks great and is no longer unsightly or a tripping hazard. Would definitely recommend this service to others.

Description of Work
Stretched ripples in wall-to-wall carpeting

Category carpet cleaners, carpet installation, flooring contractor

11/27/2014

Mary W.

They only pick up and return every 2 weeks, so with my busy schedule it was tough working out the timing of the pick upand return. But they are quick to get in and quick to get out and did work with me for the drop off. They did a great job, the rug look like new! The price was more reasonable than I anticipated which made me very happy :) $325.00 for cleaning, refringing and a new pad was a deal!

Description of Work
removed and cleaned a Karastan area rug, refringed the rug and added a new under pad.

11/21/2014

Claire A.

Great service. I have been using Lehigh Rug Service for more than 20 years. Was referred by a friend when disappointed by other rug services. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
300 sq ft of wall-to-wall carpeting cleaned plus an upholstered sofa cleaned and scotch guarded.

11/06/2014

Gary W.

When delivery was made, after completing the cleaning, price had gone up 35%......NO ONE ever called in advance to tell me rug size was bigger than they thought, and besides I had a WRITTEN estimate from guy who picked up the rug!!! I paid the higher price and wrote a note on the invoice for owner to call me and HE DID NOT !!! Very unprofessional all around !!! Rug cleaning was not too great either....

Description of Work
Did not honor WRITTEN price quote!!!

Category carpet cleaners, oriental rug cleaning

Dear Valued Customer, We are very sorry that you were not completely satisfied with your experience with us. We make it our goal to be prompt and professional in every aspect of our service. However, the original estimate that was given to you over email was for a rug that you said was 8x10. Upon pickup of the rug, it was made clear to you that if the rug was larger it would be more expensive. Even though you assured us that it was 8x10 the actual size was 8ft. 10in. by 11ft. 11in. We fairly charged the same amount per square foot that you were originally quoted. We are sorry if the total price was a surprise to you, and that it was not communicated to you in the way you expected. That was our oversight. In addition, we mentioned that the turn-around time could be longer than usual since you were over an hour away from us, but since you were concerned about getting it back in two weeks, we made a special after-hours trip to your location to get your rug back in time. If you had a problem with the quality of our cleaning, that should have been addressed outside of this review. All our rugs go through the same diligent cleaning process, and any stains, fading or discoloration that may remain is only due to wear, stain age or set in colors. Wool is a delicate fiber, requires special treatment, and cannot be dealt with as harshly as synthetic carpet. Once again, we apologize that our service was not up to your standards, we will take your review into consideration and try to communicate better with our customers.

07/08/2014

Anthony D.

I am a top rated contractor on Angie's List and know that this is no way to conduct business.

Description of Work
I called and left a message on their machine Thursday July 3rd to inquire about having carpets stretched and cleaned. Have not received a call back yet.

05/21/2014

Sandra M.

They were on time & very friendly. They did excellent work. They made my 17 yr. old rugs look like new. I would highly recommend them to anyone

Description of Work
Cleaned rugs in living room, family rom & hallway. They pretreated high volume areas & any stains.

04/07/2014

L C.

Very responsive and helpful. Received a quote via email, accepted it, dropped off the rug and it was ready within 2 weeks as promised. The rug was in pretty good shape overall but had one or two big spots which were completely gone after cleaning. Will use them again in the future.

Description of Work
clean wool rug

02/03/2014

Skip B.

I found the experience a bit unprofessional and will not use them or recommend them.

Description of Work
I made an appointment to have an estimate for restretching a carpet for our church. The owner told me that he had all day free. The owner told me to call him when I was leaving for the church and he would meet me there. He never showed up and never called to cancel. I called the company twice. The first time, an associate told me that the owner was not in and that he would contact me upon getting in touch with him. About an hour later I called the second time and the associate said that he still was not in contact with the boss. After having waited a couple of hours already, I canceled the appointment.

Category carpet cleaners

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced in respect to the missed appointment. At Lehigh Rug Service we take great pride in ensuing our customers satisfaction, unfortunately we broke that trust with you. As a testament to our strive for perfection, we will review your situation and make the necessary changes so that this will not happen again. Because of this serious oversight and in an effort to win back your trust, please reference this letter of apology and we will mail you a coupon in the amount of $100.00 to be used or gifted to a friend towards any of our services.

Bethlehem Gallery Of Floors

WE ONLY INSTALL FLOORING PURCHASED FROM US. Bethlehem Gallery of Floors is more than just a flooring specialty store. We are experts trained in flooring sales and design and will help you find the perfect floor for the way you live. We specialize in residential and commercial installation of carpet, ceramic tile, hardwood, cork, laminate, linoleum, and vinyl flooring. As part of America's leading flooring retail group, our 600-store nationwide buying power guarantees you low prices on thousands of carpet types and other flooring options backed by the most solid warranties in the floor covering industry. Bethlehem Gallery of Floors is the leading provider of residential and commercial floorcoverings in the Lehigh Valley. We are celebrating our 75th anniversary in 2020. We are a private, family owned business. Bob and JoAnne Young, along with their sons Thomas and Jordan oversee the daily operations, along with a well trained staff and a combined 220 years of experience and flooring expertise. Financing available. Additional DBA - FA Management Enterprises Inc

Property Cleaners

Property Cleaners provide services to Air bnb and residential properties. Property Cleaners are responsible for cleaning and sweeping/mopping in the bathroom. Changing linens in each room as requested. Responsible for cleaning the kitchen and dining room. Making sure all cleaning supplies are stored away properly. Exceptional written and verbal communication. Demonstrates integrity and time management skills.

A&C Johnson Cleaning Service

A&C Johnson Cleaning Service provides general Cleaning services in Allentown, PA and surrounding areas. Each house cleaning service we offer is unique, tailored to your needs. My experience will show in the pristine results we provide our wonderful clients. We would love to hear more about how we can clean your home, so call or click to schedule an estimate today!

MasterCard, Discover, Check, Visa

Carpet Cleaning and Repair, Restretching, Oriental Rug Cleaning, Repair, Binding, Fringing and Customization, Upholstery Cleaning, Tile and Grout Cleaning. New Carpet, Wood, Laminate and Vinyl Installation,

Fire, Smoke and Water Damage, Mold Remediation