JMT Awnings

08/08/2021

Abington

Abington, PA 19001

www.jmtawnings.com

With over 25 years of experience JMT Awnings LLC is your fabric awning expert. We specialize in Perfecta retractable awnings but also can provide fabric commercial awnings for businesses, traditional fabric stationary awnings and re-cover most existing fabric awnings. Please visit our website www.jmtawnings.com for additional information about Perfecta retractrable awning and view photo galleries. Our service area includes Montgomery, Bucks, Chester and Delaware counties in PA as well as Northeast Philadelphia. Feel free to contact us 215-659-2539 or rcaskey@jmtawnings.com with any questions or to schedule a free estimate appointment. ...

awnings (65)woodworking (2)

03/13/2021

Porter B.

From initial contact to choosing models and design then to installation everything was a pleasure dealing with Richard. Add to that a real quality project completed! I would absolutely positively recommend this company!

Description of Work
Installed retractable awning over deck

Work Completed On 03/13/2021

12/08/2020

Pati C.

This company was top notch! Rich was very though, explained everything. I was very pleased with his work and his workers!

Description of Work
An awning replaced

Work Completed On 12/08/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed], you were a pleasure to work with. Glad we could be of service.

07/24/2019

Margaret H.

They responded very quickly to check on the problem and then had to get the motor. They returned a few days later and replaced the motor - very quick and very reasonably priced (as compared to the awning manufacturer's recommended professional). They were friendly and very helpful! I would highly recommend them!!!!

Description of Work
Retractable awning over our deck needed a new motor

Work Completed On 07/08/2019

06/25/2018

Mike A.

Great On time looks and works great. A lot of compliments

Description of Work
Retractable awning

Work Completed On 06/25/2018

06/11/2018

Chuck W.

Sales call to get estimate and choose awning fabric/options - on-time, quickly took measurements and reviewed options and provided cost. Best experience compared to competitors. Same no-nonsense approach for installation. These guys were on-time, efficient and neat - total clean-up. I wish all contractors were so good.

Description of Work
Installed awning over deck

Work Completed On 05/25/2018

01/17/2018

Jennifer P.

Excellent customer service and responsiveness.

Description of Work
Electronic lanai

Category awnings,woodworking

Work Completed On 12/11/2017

10/15/2017

William G.

The old awning was relatively low and tended to trap heat. Rich suggested raising it and extending the coverage over the patio door. Excellent ideas, both. Rich and his crew removed the old frame, carefully saving the parts that would work with the new installation. The new frame is comfortably higher and very sturdy. The new fabric looks wonderful.

Description of Work
Our old awning was leaky and the hardware was old and rusty. We had Rich Caskey of JMT Awnings come over for an estimate. He so impressed us with his excellent suggestions and design advice that we gave him a deposit on the spot.

Work Completed On 08/09/2017

Review for JMT Awnings - Abington, Abington, PA - 36416298

08/02/2017

Sidney K.

Rich Caskey, the owner, provided a very smooth and professional experience. He arrived promptly for both the planning and installation appointments and clearly explained the nature of his products, and their installation and operation. Once we settled the design and specifications, the awning was ready for installation on my chosen date, and was quickly and efficiently installed by Rich and his team. I have no hesitation in recommending this company.

Description of Work
Installation of an awning over a deck

Work Completed On 07/10/2017

07/26/2017

David Z.

Everything went smoothly. They arrived when they said they would. Everything went without a hitch. The workers were all great. They cleaned the frame before putting the new awning on.

Description of Work
We have a retractable awning that needed the awning replaced. JMT was great to deal with. Reasonable price and responsive service. They also did not try to sell me a whole new system.

Work Completed On 06/26/2017

07/19/2017

Jack D.

It was great. Turned out better than expected and done on time with no problems.

Description of Work
New awning supplied and installed.

Work Completed On 07/18/2017

06/03/2017

Bonnie F.

Excellent. Very prompt, courteous and high quality product and service

Description of Work
Replace retractable awning

Work Completed On 06/03/2017

Thank you [Member Name Removed], loved the fabric. Hope the observatory is back online soon! Rich Caskey

08/12/2016

Maura C.

From the first phone call talking to Marie through to the installation by Rich and his crew we were very impressed by their company. The awning was installed from start to finish in just 5 days. Marie was so pleasant on that first phone call and Rich and his crew could not has been more able and professional. We are extremely pleased with our experience with JTM Awning and would not hesitate to recommend them. The awning is great! And

Description of Work
We called this past Monday to have Rich come out and give us an estimate for an awning to cover our patio.

Work Completed On 08/12/2016

06/03/2016

Aaron M.

I contacted four vendors and told all they were in competition. One vendor failed to send a quote. One vendor was eliminated because of poor reviews concerning communications and follow-through. The highest priced quote was $2,600 over the JMT quote. JMT offered the best price, shortest lead-time, robust equipment and long experience. The installation was scheduled and the appointment kept. Install time was about three hours. Four men arrived and each man on the team worked efficiently and tended to many details, including touching up a few tiny dings to the paint work on the frame, insuring a clean concealed electrical connection and a quality clean-up after the work was completed. We were happy with our choices of size, colors and JMT. JMT are pros and based on our experience we are happy to recommend them to family and friends.

Description of Work
JMT installed a Perfecta Toga, roof mounted, motorized, retractable awning (15 feet wide by 13 feet extension) with wind sensor to retract awning automatically in strong wind.

Work Completed On 06/02/2016

03/08/2016

Marie R.

From the very first contact JMT Awnings was very responsive. I sent pictures of my deck when I requested the quote so Rich was able to give me an estimate over the phone. A couple of days after the first contact Rich was in our home with samples and brochures. He answered all our questions. Very soft sell - no pressure. We purchased the awning and it was installed within a couple of weeks. It looks great! I would definitely recommend JMT Awnings.

Description of Work
We purchased a retractable awning.

Work Completed On 03/08/2016

02/18/2016

F D C.

JMT couldn't help my sick awning this time, but I was so impressed by his professionalism and courtesy and willingness to refer me to someone that could help me. I will definitely keep this company at the top of my list for my next awning upgrade. During this time of rude, unresponsive and unprofessional contractors JMT was a breath of fresh air and stands out above other service companies. Thank you!!

Description of Work
The storm damaged my older stationary aluminum awning. JMT was not able to assist with this style and material of awning; however, he was extremely helpful and provided information and tips. He also readily provided the name and phone number of someone who does work and repair with my older style of awnings.

Work Completed On 02/18/2016

Thank you for your kind words. I hope everything turned out well for you.

09/24/2015

Lorraine H.

They were very responsive and knowledgeable. Was able to give me some information over the phone from pictures I sent; then scheduled an appointment for him to come to house the same day. He came prepared with the estimate and I was able to sit down with him that same day to pick out the awning and style of fabric. He had three different books I could look at and pictures as well. He was patient and answered all my questions. Once the material came in I was contacted and the work was performed that same week. The finished product looked absolutely great. I would definitely use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Removed damaged awning and replaced with a new one.

Work Completed On 09/16/2015

07/25/2015

joanne Y.

JMT Awnings was simply one of the best businesses I've worked with in years. We contacted them on a Saturday and they were willing to come out that day to discuss our project. The owner (Rich) was professional, not pushy, very knowledgeable and informative. He was also very patient and understanding with a time crunch we were under the day he visited us. Within 10 days they were here to install the awning. Showed up exactly at the time they promised and completed the installation in the time frame they indicated. The installation team was courteous and exceptional and the owner was with them. Anyone considering purchasing an awning should use this vendor - they were outstanding and delivered EXCEPTIONAL customer service!!! This was my first experience using Angie's List and I'm sold - i won't hire another contractor for work unless i use this website.

Description of Work
installed an retraceable awning over our deck

Work Completed On 07/23/2015

07/20/2015

Jeannette W.

Rich was very professional. He explained everything we needed to know and gave us some suggestions when we picked out our awning. He and his crew installed our awning in record time. They were all polite, professional and personable. I would definitely recommend JMT Awnings to anyone. They did a great job!

Description of Work
Installed a retractable awning

Work Completed On 07/03/2015

04/29/2015

Cyndi D.

There is one word to describe our experience with JMT Awnings , outstanding! Rich came out to give us a quote within a few days after calling him. Approximately 2 weeks later he came back to replace the fabric and the best part was we didn't have to be home which was convenient for us since we both work. The workmanship was impeccable. Not only did he replace the fabric but he cleaned the mechanism and tightened the springs, it almost looks like a new awning even though it is about 15 yrs. old. He called the same evening after completing the work to make sure we were happy with the end result and to answer any questions we had.

Description of Work
Replaced the fabric on a retractable awning.

Work Completed On 04/29/2015

03/06/2015

Ramsey R.

Rich was fantastic to work with. I called him at 8 AM on Sunday 3/1 and he was at my house by 10 AM, and completed work by 11 AM. Could not ask for better service than that! He was a complete professional and extremely knowledgeable when it comes to awnings. If you ever require any awning repair/installation JMT Awnings is the obvious solution.

Description of Work
Replaced a motor in my awning

Work Completed On 03/01/2015

12/02/2014

Laurie K.

Process went great from the first call to schedule an appointment for the estimate all the way through to the end. Arrived on time, brought samples, discussed the association regulations and answered all my questions upfront. Informed me how long it would take for the awning to come in and did there best to get back here and have the awning up for July 4th. They were professional, cleaned up after themselves and thoroughly explained the proper use and maintenance of the awning.

Description of Work
Installed a motorized awning over my deck

Work Completed On 07/01/2014

09/03/2014

Brandon M.

This is the kind of company where the owner answers the phone and is present on most jobs. They recovered an existing awning. The work was done for a reasonable cost and to a high degree of quality. Then, when we had our roofed redone from the hail storm, and the awning came unseated from the brackets (never trust a roofer with an awning), we called JMT and the owner and his crew came out 3 days later, re-attached the awning to the roof (the right way), and charged a reasonable fee to do so. These guys are terrific. Give them your business!

Description of Work
Awning recover, and awning repair

Work Completed On 08/27/2014

05/30/2014

KEITH D.

On the sales visit Rick explained the entire process and had abundant samples of patterns to select from for the awning material. He did his measurements and provided an estimate with a couple of options to add if we chose to. We were somewhat surprised at the price, but realized after speaking to other vendors that he was right in the ballpark for a quality product. He had told us it would take three weeks from the time we placed out deposit to his receipt of the order for installation. We had waited a few weeks to make our decision while we looked at alternatives, but once we had made our decision and paid the deposit the order arrived three weeks later. He scheduled an installation appointment with us and arrived with two others to help with the installation. They were organized, professional and quick. Once completed, he provided all of the warranty paperwork and explained how everything worked. The awning is beautiful and I'm very pleased with the product and the whole process. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Installed a 19x12 ft motorized awning.

Work Completed On 05/30/2014