Fast Local Garage Door Services

Founded 2012 • With Angi since May 2015

4.3

1301 Easton Rd

Abington, PA 19001

Proudly serving Philadelphia, Bucks, Chester and Delaware Counties. Here at Fast Local Garage Door we make sure customer satisfaction is the top priority for us. Fast local is an owner-operated local business with a 4 technician crew and 4 service vehicles out on the road. The owner is always

07/02/2022

Tracey B.

Rip off. Tried to charge me $495 to fix my garage door. I was able to get it fixed with a $10 part and it works perfect fine now. Didn’t have them repair the door since they we’re trying to over charge me. Requested my $45 service call fee back and they refused to give it back to me. Do not recommend their service.

Description of Work
Garage door repair

06/19/2021

Charlie C.

Company response was immediate....literally within 15 minutes after posting request I got a call. Amjay was out the next day as promised. In addition to the requested work, I asked for some re-engineering of the original cabling. Amjay gave me a quote on the spot and immediately got to work. He did a great job completing the project and everything works very smoothly now. Pricing was on par with another quote I had received.

Description of Work
Replace springs and rollers on two garage doors

06/12/2020

Rebecca T.

Fast Local Garage Door Services came out the same day I called (6/12/2020). I did not get the employee's name, a younger man, but he was friendly, courteous, efficient. He did more than add the cables -- our door runs super smoothly now, better than it has in 12 years we have lived here. I would definitely recommend them and call them again. Three thumbs up!

Description of Work
They added safety cables and serviced the door.

Category garage doors, doors

09/14/2019

Jim T.

MJ solved the problem over the phone in 2 minutes, and would not accept money. I trust him for his expertise and also that he will charge a fair price, whenever in the future we need actual maintenance or repair work done.

Description of Work
The electric garage door would not open or close the door

Category garage doors

Thank you we will be more then happy to help you in the future...

07/15/2019

Andrea G.

I hired them to replace an old garage door opener with a new one I had previously bought. They showed up the same day (on a Sunday) and completed the job in less than an hour. The service was great, very efficient. I would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
replaced garage door opener

Category garage doors

Thank you for your business....

08/30/2018

Lynsey W.

Great from start to finish! Requested and estimate to install a new garage door opener and received a call back to schedule and estimate the same day. Tech came out, was willing to negotiate on price and completed the job the same day! Very satisfied with the quality of work, price and responsiveness.

Description of Work
Garage door opener w/ wifi installed

05/20/2018

Eldwin G.

The best part was seeing a professional at work. I had been having problems with my garage door for about 2 months. I researched, I read, I watched YouTube, Checked DIY websites. I learned the ins and outs of a garage door opener. So after 2 months, I decided that I REALLY needed a professional. I called and MJ came THE VERY SAME DAY! Everything he told me I had already read about, so I was able to follow his explanations fairly easily. Garage door opener needed to be replaced (that had been my original conclusion), and then he showed me some other potential (future) problems. If I had NOT done my homework, I would have thought that they were trying to upsale me on parts - but they weren't. The entire job came out to double what the opener job was originally gong to be. BUT I probably saved an extra $1,000 on labor if I had not done it then. I inspected the parts after they were replaced and they were ready to go. The job was done over a month ago. Everything has worked smoothly and as an added bounus, it is about 75% quieter.

Description of Work
Garage Door System inoperable

04/22/2018

Nate W.

The installations went better than I expected. MJ does excellent work. He arrived early and stayed late to complete the jobs neatly all while maintaining a friendly attitude. I've already recommended him to my neighbors.

Description of Work
Installation of 2 garage doors

Category garage doors

Thank you [Member Name Removed] . we look forward to work with you in the future

04/12/2018

Paul R.

Threw their advertising sticker on my wall, the garage door and the door opener. Charged 3x the price from what it should have been. Said I could not pay with credit card and had to pay cash or check. This company does not want you to cancel the credit card order when the job is not done correctly. Website indicates that credit cards are accepted. Did not give me receipt. I called the office for a receipt and said the receipt would be sent. No receipt ever sent. I had to call another company to fix their work. Set the spring too tight and broke the door a month later. Do not use this company. Tried to up-sell to replace rollers for $150. I did the job myself for $15 after second company came to fix this company's work. Do not use this company.

Description of Work
Replaced Garage door spring

Category garage doors

Hello [Member Name Removed] This is very bad review!!!!! we never treat our clients like that and we know for a fact your not one of our clients our clients we never left them hanging they called us we show the first or the second day that’s how we do at Fast LOcal GArage Door service And our clients well know that for a fact

04/10/2018

Benjamin B.

The door at my rental property broke and MJ came out right away. They did a great job and the customer service he offered was excellent.

Description of Work
Garage door repair

01/09/2018

James R.

I called fast local garage door to replace my door amjay came out give me his price, he's price was the best out of the company that came out already to give me in estimate I will Higley recommend this company for your garage door needed ask for amjay he's the man you wanna deal with Thank you amjay for your good work

Description of Work
I need to replace my garage door

01/03/2018

Kenneth S.

All the Service person was interested in was an upsell to a brand new garage door opener at $500 . Telling us the garage door opener was old, etc etc etc. Not the type of company I trust and would never contact them again. The purpose of the visit was a repair, NOT a brand new $500 garage door opener.

Description of Work
Our electric garage door opener was failing to open. Needed the problem repaired.

Category garage doors

Hello [Member Name Removed] The tech offer you to repair the opener and the broken spring you have Also he recommended you to replace the opener because it’s old opener 25 Years old it’s not worth it to repair it If that’s how you feel abut Honest recommendation.... he offer you to replace 2 spring and repair the opener for $225

12/30/2017

Carmen T.

The springs we received from Jaydor broke twice....this company came out and promptly put springs on that are guaranteed and should last 9 yrs, we are so glad to find a reliable and quick garage repair company!

Description of Work
Garage door springs replaced

11/14/2017

Xiaolong X.

It went well. The technicians came in a little late because of the rain. All works completed professional. Happy with the new lifter and installation.

Description of Work
Lifter replacement

10/27/2017

Ann Linda M.

It went very well. He was very nice. He explained and showed me what else I needed done so the door would operate smoothly. It is lots better. The door is old and this was an improvement.

Description of Work
I got a garage door tune up/ maintenance

10/25/2017

Christopher W.

All they wanted was to upsell and did nothing for my $30

Description of Work
Garage Door tune up

Category garage doors

Hello [Member Name Removed] $30 garage door tune up only , Zhou sorry that we couldn't fix or replace the garage door opener for you ...

10/16/2017

Jeffrey C.

Excellent job; very effective seal.

Description of Work
New weather stripping on garage doors (2)

10/04/2017

Mrs Mary B R.

This gentleman was fabulous! He did exactly what was necessary and DID NOT try to sell me any unnecessary work/product. He was prompt, courteous, knowledgeable and quick. I admire integrity, and this company seems to have it.

Description of Work
Replace garage door strip

09/30/2017

John M.

He did not finish what he was supposed to do.

Description of Work
I was suppose to have all six rollers replaced. Only three rollers were replaced.

Category garage doors

Hello Mr [Member Name Removed] We did speak to the tech abut you complain he said he explained to you that you have very old wood door that if we take them out your door well fall a part and you agree with him to replace what can come out Thank you

09/16/2017

robert S.

We've been here for about eleven years, and his advice was once every ten years the roller should be replaced, so I'm gonna replace them. He showed up on time, he called me about 15 minutes before he came so I'd know he was on his way, he was professional, and did a good job.

Description of Work
This was an Angie's List Big Deal for garage door service for $29.95. They came to service my garage door and also recommended replacing the rollers.

09/04/2017

Edward K.

Excellent! Serviceman (MJ) arrived on time, quickly diagnosed what work was needed, and proceeded to perform it in a timely fashion. Tuneup took approximately one-half hour, yes!!!

Description of Work
All (8) garage door rollers required replacing.

08/30/2017

MICHAEL S.

It was good. This was a $341 Angie's List big deal purchase. The only issue I had was the contractor said that they wanted it in cash because Angie's List wasn't paying them so they couldn't do the job unless I paid them in cash. They originally were going to charge me more but when I told them about the deal I purchased and they said to pay them in cash and ask Angie's List for a refund because they weren't getting paid from Angie's List. The work was fine, it was just the hassle of fiuguring out the payment part, having to get the refund and get cash, which I didn't have at the moment. They were a little late. The way he was speaking wasn't very good.

Description of Work
I used Fast Local Garage Door Services for a garage door opener installation.

08/30/2017

Jack C.

Terrible - classic bait and switch routine!

Description of Work
Classic bait and switch scheme. He said that mine was a one in one hundred garage door that would not work with this deal. In that case, the ad should have said that exclusions do apply based on the type of door. I had to pay an additional $98 for him to install a "special" bracket in order to replace the bottom weather stripping. I had also asked him about replacing the side and top weather stripping with black stripping rather than white and he said that it would cost a total of $225 for all jobs. He showed up with the white even though he wrote the black specification and tried to talk me into the white despite our previous agreement. He also changed the payment to $98 for the special bracket and an additional $225 for the side and top stripping. I refused - BAD DEAL!! Don't hire this guy and take him off your recommended user list!

08/29/2017

Marc F.

Excellent, went above and beyond and provided tip on preventative maintenance

Description of Work
Balance and Fix Garage Door

08/25/2017

Tom B.

The one I signed up for was for $69 to replace the 2 rubber strips on the bottom of the 2 garage doors, but when all was said and done, it cost me $700. They did a good job. Their prices are very, very high. They are the highest of all the vendors in that category. I think the quality of the work is good. The pricing I would have to give a D. It was just way out of line. I think the quality was good, I'd give it an A. Responsiveness was pretty high, he was all over me. He was relentless. I didn't appreciate that. He wanted the work and he was working whatever he could to get the work. I think at some point it was a bit over bearing. I would not use the provider again - unless it was under warranty.

Description of Work
Strips to be replaced on my garage doors. They adjusted the doors. They had to replace some springs.

J & R Garage Door Company Inc

J & R Garage Door Company, Inc. is a locally owned and operated company in Bensalem, Pennsylvania, is the area's premier destination for garage door services, including installation, maintenance, & repair. We look forward to hearing from you!

Guida Door & Window

Guida Door & Window is a family-owned and operated home improvement company with an established reputation for providing quality products, superior service, and expert installations since 1950.

Main Line Garage Door, LLC

Over 30 years of experience installing, repairing and servicing garage doors and automatic operators. Family owned and operated, veteran owned and operated with a focus on building relationships with our clients to provide them with the best products and service. Serving Chester, Delaware and Montgomery counties as well as Philadelphia and northern Delaware.

"Fast Local Garage Door Services" is your expert garage door installation and repair specialists. We promise you not only the highest quality service, but also the assurance of the highest level of security for your homes, throughout the New Jersey, Pennsylvania area.