EXPRESS REMODELING INC

Founded 1994 • With Angi since March 2007

3.5

8755 SW Citizens Dr 205

Willsonville, OR 97070

Renovating their own Oregon home initially inspired Andrey and Valentina Brichuk to found Express Remodeling Inc. The business began in 1994, one house at a time. As Express Remodeling created showplace after showplace out of what had previously been a disaster in structure or design, other Oregon

10/01/2017

Kay S.

Not to well. I had made my down payment in Feb. I heard nothing from them until I called them in April to see what was going on. They finally scheduled me. Then had to cancel because of the rain, which I could understand, but they were not good about staying in touch. I had to stay in touch with them and find out what was going on. I was told that they never had to "hold someone's hand" as much as they did mine. Maybe that was true, but I don't know. I do want to know what is going on and when. It was a huge project for me and I wanted to make sure that it got done as promised. The crew were great people, but did not pick up after themselves until I said something to the person in charge. After that they did clean up after themselves. They covered up my door bell connection and said that they would be back to fix it. That was in August and it still has not been corrected. The paint job looks great from the distance, but close up you can see the flaws. I was supposed to put blue tape in the areas that needed to be addressed. Unfortunately there are areas that I did not see at the time, but that is my fault for not catching the areas that needed attention.

Description of Work
I had the aluminum siding removed from my home and had it taken back to the original siding. My home was built in 1912 and the siding was in great condition. Then I had it painted.

Category siding, house painters

08/03/2015

Troy R.

They arrived on schedule and did the work as expected. when we identified issues they came out promptly to resolve.

Description of Work
Replaced my entire roof including underlayment

09/22/2014

FRANCIS O.

Description of Work
Company stated roof pitch too great would not honor big deal.

08/04/2014

Carol R.

See above

Description of Work
A representative of Express Remodeling came out to inspect my roof. However, because of the height/pitch of the roof, he determined that they were not able to perform the services. He was very helpful in offering to help me secure a refund from Angie's List.

Category remodeling, roofing

06/30/2014

Shanker N.

06/23/2014

Bill N.

Description of Work
Just quote and information meeting .

05/19/2014

Leslie S.

Since nothing got done, it is hard to give details, but courtesy was given throughout, and quick handling of the oops.

Description of Work
Roof maintenance package purchased: provider came out but was unable to perform the package (because of slope of roof). Refund was given.

05/15/2014

JULIE G.

Description of Work
A two-man team came to inspect the roof and make minor repairs to flashing cracks, etc. There was no problem with the work as far as I could tell, but it appeared that the main reason for offering the special was to try to sell me a roof replacement. I acknowledge that the roof will need replacing in the next 2 or 3 years, but the price quoted for the recommended option was quite high. They were pleasant, but I felt a little oversold. I may have been naive in expecting a straightforward report on the condition of the roof without the sales job.

05/08/2014

Sandra H.

First off, I will say that they were very accommodating when I rescheduled the visit a few times because of rainy weather. I wanted the site to dry if possible. Mark was very nice on the phone and willingly rescheduled the visit. When the tech, Jim, arrived, he was nice and cordial throughout the visit. The entire time on the roof was probably a half hour to 40 minutes. During that time he inspected the roof and caulked areas where a shingle was missing. I told him I had a couple shingles if he would nail them on. He said he wasn't prepared to do any work on the visit. He stated this type of visit was for inspection and to do some minor caulking. That's not what the purchase adverstising stated. He wouldn't do any minor repairs. However, i happened to have on hand some moss treatment and he said he' d be glad to do so and sprinkled that over areas on the roof; where I do not know. I received four pictures of the same broken shingle and that is all. I had to directly ask him to send it to my email address. There were other minor areas where he could have easily brushed off moss patches, take more pictures, look at flashing. He did no minor repairs as the deal advertises. I then got a sales pitch for another half hour for a new roof for $13-14,000 or a moss treatment for a mere $1,500. So I paid $99 for some caulking and a sales pitch. And THIS is what the big deal says is normally $499. Really.? These guys may be nice, but frankly, so what? It was a complete waste of my money. I would not call them back to do anything because I don't like paying for a slick sales pitch.

Description of Work
I bought a big deal for $99 that was supposed to cover inspection, minor roof repairs, caulking exposed nail heads on flashing, resealing around any unsealed pipe collars, exhaust fans, vents and chimney flashing up to four penetrations and other general maintenance and checking for interior leaks which may not be noticeable from the exterior of the house, and provide photos.

Category handyman service, plumbing, roofing

05/08/2014

Susanne P.

They didn?t contact me in the time I had laid out that I would be available. I called them and they gave me excuses as to why they didn?t call. I noted in the original message that the work would be done at my father?s house and yet they showed up at my house first. They sent one person that came out, the sales manager, but he wore sandals and was super heavy. The neighbors came over and were checking on him. He actually got in an argument with them. After my neighbor walked away, he said to me that I obviously ?wasn?t interested in keeping the value of the home up but rather make a quick fix just to sell it?. He was insulting. I had a leak that needed to be looked at in our attic, but he physically couldn?t get in there. He said he would send someone else to come over. He left and didn?t put the hatch back on the attic door. A week later, I still have not received an estimate and he brought up my neighbors and then gave me a huge sales pitch. I got a 25 minute dissertation about moss on roofs and I told him that he could just send me a report, but I never got it. I feel that they are using this coupon as a way in. I told him I didn?t have time for it, so I told him just to send us an estimate. They wanted $1500 to clean the roof alone for a 1,000 sq ft ranch. I have no idea if they actually did anything for the roof maintenance as no one witnessed it. They were not trust worthy as far as I am concerned. I feel like I've wasted my money.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal for $99 Roof Maintenance Package.

Hello [member name removed], Our apologies for how your appointment was handled. The notes on file did mention your request that the appointment be at your fathers house, unfortunately is was automatically set with primary contact information recorded as your address. Normally we have a final confirmation step to verify such appointment information, and we are still not certain how such a huge detail went undocumented on the appointment. We would also like to offer you our sincere apologies for the extremely unprofessional behavior for our sales representative. Our sales representatives are never allowed to wear sandals when they are on the job, and a measure of respect should should always be maintained. We try to approach our inspections from an informational and educational perspective, and to assist in anything that is within our ability. Our mission is to be a quality resource for all homeowners, which certainly does not sound like the experience provided by that representative. We have reprimanded that representative, and shown him this review. With respect to his behavior on the job, he seems to be regretful and apologetic. However, this was not the first of such instances, thus we could no longer continue to employ him. Hopefully this will be a lesson for him to reflect on in the hopes that may become more professional in his future career elsewhere. We expect all of our representatives to conduct themselves with pride, honor, and respect; for our customers, the community, and themselves. This situation will be used as an example of how important is is for our reps to remain professional and respectful. Again our sincerest apologies how this played out. We will try to contact you about the possibility of righting our wrong however we can, and please do hesitate to contact us whenever convenient for you. Thank you for your understanding.

04/30/2014

monica M.

I saw the note about steep pitch roofs being extra so I sent a picture of our roof when I emailed to schedule appointment. I got the impression that they weren't too anxious to do my roof and did not get response when I tried to schedule an estimate. The emails I did receive were very pleasant but did not fulfill my inquiry in a timely fashion.

Category remodeling

04/22/2014

debra T.

Category remodeling, roofing

11/06/2013

Janet B.

It was wonderful. They did a very good job. They repaired 4 window wells in my basement foundation. They did a real good job doing with the roof as well and treated it for moss. They also did some exterior painting. I had some bubbling and pealing of the paint and they were able to repair that. They took the sample so that the paint matched perfectly. It took them 1.5 days to do all this work. A crew of 4 guys came out to do this work.

Description of Work
They repaired some window wells, a roofing moss treatment and some exterior painting.

Category roofing, replacement windows, house painters, basement remodeling

11/06/2013

Maureen G.

Andrey has done all kinds of things for me. He does a great job at it took. It has been a couple of years, but the last thing that he did was he fixed a leak in the roof; he put on new roofing. Him and his boys remodeled my bathrooms and installed some new cabinets in the family room and kitchen, so that the new granite countertops could be installed. They are very polite too! They do immaculate finish work. A young man who works for him also did the tile work on the bathrooms and it was just immaculate. George did the tile work in the kitchen and that was very immaculate too. I was really impressed with the detail that this company provides. They also installed a lot of florescent lights in my garage and lights it up like daylight. They also put in 2 skylights for me.

Description of Work
He does and has been doing all types of work for me.

Category ceramic tile, lighting, remodeling, roofing, skylights, woodworking, home remodeling

10/15/2013

Thomas K.

Overall, this was the first of 5 bids we got for redoing our roof, and was by far the highest. They also used certain sales tactics to try and get us to go ahead with the project quickly without doing any other research. They also noted that they were on AngiesList, but I had a hard time finding their contact there, and when I did (if this is in fact the right one), it only had one review, despite their having been in business for many years. Lots of red flags here. I don't know for a fact that this company is dirty or crooked, but I'd recommend getting references and competitive bids, despite how many discounts they may offer you. They had guys going door to door in our neighborhood offering roofing bids. We scheduled a bid for the next day. The contractor showed up on time and was very friendly, a guy named Rich. He talked through a lot of details about different times of shingles, different coatings, vent options, etc. He spent a couple of hours at our house talking through everything. Again, very nice guy, and gave us some good info, which I appreciated. So after looking at our roof and talking for a while, he wrote up a bid for the work. To redo our roof (we have a 4 bed, 1 bath 2-story house with a fairly steep roof, but not a huge job) with Malarky shingles, which is what we wanted, the initial bid was $21,000. To put this in perspective, we ended up getting the roof redone by Giron, a well-reviewed AngiesList roofer, for $5,000. So...yeah. That's pretty steep (pun intended). Over the course of the next hour or so, he started making calls to his manager to see if they could give us a better deal (typical sales routine, like you'd expect at a car dealer). Through various permutations, they came down to $18,900, then $17,000. This seemed like the deal was getting better, but in reality it was only becoming slightly less outrageous. I'm focusing on the roofing part of the bid here, but they also bid out some siding replacement and house painting during the same appointment, and offered further discounts if we did both at once. I have only gotten one other estimate on that part of the work so far, and it looks like the price was actually competitive (they ended up at $7500 for one wall of hardie plank siding and painting the rest of the house and the garage). But the way the roof bid played out, I wouldn't trust this company enough to hire them for anything, regardless of price. Then they offered to knock the price down to $14,600 if we'd agree to let them post pictures of our house at trade shows and in a certain industry publication that comes out quarterly. This was the lowest the bid got, but it also carried a stipulation - we had to decide by the following Tuesday (this was on a Friday, giving us 2 business days to decide, or lose the "special" pricing). That's when major alarms went off for me. We had already told him that we didn't know much about roofing, and that this was the first bid we had gotten. I feel they proceeded to try and take advantage of this, whereas most other roofers we talked to (all recommended on AngiesList) basically encouraged us to do our homework and get other bids. I told them we were going to get other bids before deciding - I figured if they really wanted our business then they'd honor the price even if it took me a few days longer to decide. After a few questions about what else they could do to convince me to pull the trigger that day, we finally ended the appointment. That was the last I heard from or spoke to anyone at the company. So...needless to say, I think these guys are relying on their door-to-door approach yielding some customers who don't know enough to do their homework, and will pay 3 or 4 times the price they should for roofing work. They gave us addresses of a couple of other houses in our neighborhood they were working on, so apparently they do get business. My recommendation to anyone reading this is to stay away. I can't speak to the quality of their work, but their sales tactics and pricing are questionable at best, and clearly you can get a better price from a much more reputable company using AngiesList recommendations. Note: a few details to make sure this is the same company, they seem to have a few different contacts on AngiesList. The website on their business cards is www.expressremodelingoregon.com. On that website, the address is listed as: 1098 Clearview Ave NE, Keizer, OR, 97303.

Description of Work
A couple of guys (one named Aleksy who left his card) were going door to door in our neighborhood offering bids on roof work. We were looking to get a new roof and some siding/paint work, so we scheduled an appointment. Contractor met us the next day and gave an estimate for roof and siding work. We did not hire this roofer to perform any work.

Category remodeling, roofing, siding, house painters

09/03/2013

Scott N.

Express Remodeling Inc. put a new roof on my house and met all promises made to me. They were able to start work a day earlier than I was told which worked out great. The quality of materials used is superb and the time it took was just 3 days. Express Remodeling Inc. gave me a bid which worked with my budget and they did not go over the quote. I would not hesitate using Express Remodeling Inc. again for other projects I may have coming up. Thanks for a job done well.

Description of Work
Removed existing roofing layers and installed new 40 yr roof

04/16/2012

Maureen G.

He did a fantastic job. I rate him highly. He is on tab to do my patio for me and I will continue to use him in the future if needed.

Description of Work
I use Express Remodeling Inc for kitchen and bathroom remodeling. The last time I used him was to repair the hole in my roof during the rainy season.

Category remodeling, roofing, home remodeling

03/25/2007

MOLLY S.

I bought this little house "as-is" and was really overwhelmed when the bathroom proved to be much more extensive than the inspector realized. Because of the age of the house (early 40's), and the shoddy home-job the previous owners had done, and the fact that continued use of shower and toilet over years with known leaks - everything was a mess. Three layers of flooring, big moldy window with rotting tile falling out - I mean this was bad. Out of the three bids I got, two didn't want to do the job and gave huge bids. When Sergie came in, he seemed confident and willing and his bid was reasonable. I was worried about having strangers in my home while I was at work, but after meeting his employees I was good with it. My Dad would show up occasionally to inspect and was always impressed with their focus on work. I only have this one bathroom, so the fact that the work was done by the estimated time frame (about two weeks) was great. Absolutely beautiful tile work. Cleaned up too.

Description of Work
Complete bathroom remodel - I mean this was a nasty little bathroom. 3 layers of flooring removed; sink, cabinet; toilet, ceramic tile and drywall; large old dry rot window replaced. Dryrot was removed, new wood and insulation installed, cement board on walls around the tub and new ceramic (beautiful job) installed around tub. Removed old medical cabinet and wall heater. Repaired walls; installed new sink; toilet; ceiling fan; shower door; light bar; faucets, tub drains and smaller sliding 1x3 window tiled into shower about 6' up. Installed new cedar siding on exterior where old window was. Besides this bathroom work, they removed an old wood stove pipe where a stove had been in the living room; fixed the roof and mudded the living room ceiling; replaced kitchen exhaust fan-installed 3" pipe to air vent in attic.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, flooring contractor, insulation, plumbing, siding, ceiling fans, home remodeling

MG Exterior Contracting LLC

Family owned & operated. Professional Deck Builder. Certified Trex pro installer. Certified Wolf pro installer. Let’s bring your vision to life!

MCS Exterior Cleaning

Exterior cleaning, restoration and repair is all we do and are trained to the highest standards. We are true professionals preforming only the highest quality work and safety standards providing you with only the best exterior cleaning in the industry. We have over 20 years experience in commercial and residential chemical cleaning and pressure washing. We are commercial industry and union trained in chemical cleaning and pressure washing. We are trusted cleaners for major commercial contractors, universities, high schools, public buildings and strip malls. We also clean any type of residential work including roofs, decks, fences, homes and sheds, chemical soft wash, pressure washing, sidewalks, driveways and patios Our experience comes from years in the chemical cleaning industry and union masonry field. We are fairly new to the PNW but we built a very solid reputation in the Midwest (Chicagoland area). We are Licensed, Bonded and Insured contractor for commercial and residential work in Oregon. CCB#243366. We also offer masonry restoration, tuckpointing and masonry repair. We offer free estimates (971) 240-1066 email- mcs.masonrycleaning@gmail.com www.mcsmasonrycleaning.com

Pressure Power

Call Pressure Power for affordable residential flat surface pressure washing. Driveway Special is $80 for 500 square feet. That's an 18' x 28' driveway! Additional driveway or public sidewalk is just 18 cents per square foot. I’m Jim Boucher, the owner. I stand apart from the rest because PRESSURE WASHING IS ALL I DO! It isn’t an ‘add-on’ service. I won’t mow your lawn, paint your house, clean your gutters or wash your windows. I focus on the 'HARDSCAPES at your home. So, I will clean your DRIVEWAY, SIDEWALK, CURB, ENTRYWAY, LANDING, PATIO, DECK, RV PAD, SPORT COURT, or POOL AREA. You get the idea. Please NOTE. Pressure Power does NOT clean roofs, gutters, siding, structures or buildings. With 11 years experience, the right tools, two of everything, and a passion for pressure washing, Pressure Power gets it right the first time. If you are not satisfied, I’ll make it right. I stand by my work because I love what I do. I DO every job and I look forward to EVERY job. Call, text or email any time (till 10 PM) and please visit my website to see my work and learn more about my business. With Pressure Power estimates are always free and there are no hidden fees or set-up fees. Pressure Power is a properly insured ($1,000,000) and registered business in Washington County, Oregon. Thanks for your time. Jim Boucher Owner, Pressure Power LLC

James Hardie Elite