Terra-Sol Landscaping

Founded 1977 • With Angi since September 2005

Working Year Round serving the Greater Portland Metro area since 1977 in Landscape Design & Installation. We use only the finest materials & guarantee our work. Our crew will work with you to create the perfect Landscape for your location, size and budget. Customer satisfaction is our top priority. Our professional staff can handle just about any project. People truly enjoy working with David in creating their special garden spaces as David has an extensive plant knowledge....

A Service Provider's profile image

+23 more images

lawn & landscaping (125)hardscaping (66)stone & gravel (30)irrigation system (28)mulch delivering (24)Patios (14)fountains (9)lighting (6)decks & porches (4)lawn care (16)concrete repair (7)outdoor kitchens (2)

09/23/2022

Bill B.

We hired Dave and his team to install a full landscape design we'd commissioned. After interviewing several firms, it was clear Terra-Sol would do a great job at a fair price. We were impressed by Dave's professionalism and attention to detail as he made several site visits in the bidding stage. Dave discussed the layout details with me and came up with several areas where we could lower some costs, as well as adding input to the design that worked very well. Busy as his team is. It was a few months before we were able to fit into the schedule. Dave's crew worked efficiently and professionally and within 2 or 3 days, we had a new landscape. After the job, Dave and Rea always responded to calls, took care of any plant warranty issues promptly. Impressively, the following year Dave made some hardscaping shifts for us to be sure our property looked as good he wanted it to look. I'm pleased to recommend Terra-Sol!

Description of Work
Full landscaping and hardscaping

Category concrete repair, landscaping, irrigation systems, mulch, hardscaping

Work Completed On 09/23/2022

09/03/2021

Ann B.

The sidewalk and steps look even nicer than we anticipated. And, David and his crew were a delight to work with. The backyard has been transformed from a very unattractive space, to a beautiful outdoor area that we have been able to use and enjoy. I would not even consider another landscape company for any future work. They are professional, responsive, polite, and the work is impeccable.

Description of Work
We had Terra-Sol install a sidewalk along the side of our house and steps into the backyard. We also had them landscape a very challenging backyard.

Category landscaping, mulch, pavers, gravel, hardscaping

Work Completed On 09/02/2021

Review for Terra-Sol Landscaping - ........., Tualatin, OR - 39462830

Thank you. We are so happy you liked your job & enjoy your new space. We enjoy working with our customers & helping them enjoy their outdoor space. :-)

10/29/2020

William H.

We needed some trees removed, plants rearranged and new trees put in. Dave talked about our needs and made great suggestions. When the crew came out to do the work, we asked about an additional drainage issue in the backyard and they took care of it at the same time. They were experienced and professional.

Description of Work
Landscaping

Work Completed On 10/29/2020

Thanks, we are so glad everything worked out and please to work with you too Let us know if you need anything else.

09/21/2020

Trish A.

David spent as much time as needed up front to discuss and design a solution that best fit our yard and objectives. We had to wait a bit for installation due to their reputation earned backlog of work, but it was well worth the wait. The extremely hardworking, talented, and pleasant crew did an outstanding job building to the vision and we could not be more pleased with the result. We received a high-quality hardscape/landscape solution at a fair market price and we highly recommend Terra-Sol.

Description of Work
Replaced an old combination back yard paver and wood deck setup with new raised (one end) paver patio

Category mudjacking, patios

Work Completed On 09/21/2020

Thank you for the great response on your project. We love to hear our customers thoughts on their finished projects. We are so happy you love it. Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

05/28/2020

Steve C.

Dave was great to work with and was very communicative. He always made sure we knew what was happening each day. His crew worked quickly and were very experienced. The job was done very professionally.

Description of Work
We had Terra-Sol do a remodel of our back yard. The project included demo of an existing concrete slab and installation of a new patio with concrete pavers. It also included placement of large rocks, a pathway with stepping stones and plants.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

Work Completed On 05/11/2020

Thanks [Member Name Removed] for the great review. We are glad you are pleased with the project. Let us know if you need anything else.

04/08/2020

Susan J.

We have lived in our home for 30 years needed to have our established lawn and perennial garden redone to make it less water and labor intensive. We explained what we wanted to David and he drew up a plan that incorporated everything that we discussed. His team was exceptional. They were efficient and took the time to make sure that everything looked perfect. You can tell that they all take great pride in their work. We are thrilled with our new yard and have already begun to get compliments.

Description of Work
Front and side yard landscaping

Work Completed On 04/08/2020

Thanks, we are so glad that you love your yard now. It was great working with you also. Let us know if you need anything else. Rea

03/25/2020

Don Z.

The project went very well, Had no problems.

Description of Work
had ivy torn out and replace with ground cover and bark dust

Work Completed On 03/25/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. Let us know if you need anything else.

09/29/2019

Thomas B.

Terra-Sol was one of several bids we obtained. One bid was more than twice what we paid Terra-Sol. Communication with Terra-Sol was excellent - David was clear on when he would show up for the estimate, left clear ideas as to when to expect the estimate and was easy to work with when we changed a couple elements. We had good notice as to when they would show up for the work. The men doing the work were pleasant to work with, did what they said they would do and left the job site in good shape every day. We are very happy with the work they did and will highly recommend them to anyone needing their services.

Description of Work
We wanted to build a retaining wall to expand a patio area, build a retaining wall to create a two car parking area and place pavers on a slope.

Category hardscaping

Work Completed On 08/09/2019

Thank you for the great review. We also enjoyed working with you. Let us know if you need anything else.

03/19/2019

CHARLES K.

He came out promptly, and spent considerable time discussing my needs and the land. He helped convince me to change my idea: the cost would have been prohibitive, especially since a tractor would have to be craned in over our house, and my doing some planting and small walls would be much more in line with our needs. He talked himself out of trying to do the job, and gave us practical advice. I'd hire them if I had work that they could do for us.

Description of Work
Was looking into terracing and putting retaining walls on a steep hillside.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

Work Completed On 02/08/2019

We thank you for the honest review and wish you the best in your project.

02/05/2019

Quinn S.

David and his team are true experts. We have a very small backyard with a weird slope and they transformed the space into a relaxation and entertainment oasis. It really feels like we doubled our livable space. David is a real artist and his initial sketch nailed it. His vision was the main reason we ended up moving forward with them over the 3 other companies we met with. He was an excellent listener, incorporating our ideas but making sure to voice his expertise and not allow us to botch the job. His crew was very professional and worked hard. Each day they cleaned the entire area before leaving and all my neighbors appreciated this very much. I cannot express how thrilled we are with Terra-Sol, David, Rea, and the entire team. Thank you for making our house a home!!!

Description of Work
Excavation, pavers, tree and shrub planting, irrigation, lighting

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, lighting, mulch, pavers, gravel, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 02/05/2019

Review for Terra-Sol Landscaping - ........., Tualatin, OR - 37696910

Thank you, we are so glad that you love your back yard now.

12/12/2018

Dale K.

No one contacted me from Angie’s list

Description of Work
Brick repair

Work Completed On 12/12/2018

We're sorry, but we don't work in Gresham & we don't do Brick Repair so IF we did get a request to Bid, we would have said no.

09/24/2018

Nasser K.

I highly recommend Terra-Sol. David and the office were very responsive and came out for an estimate in 1-2 days. He developed a great plan with thoughtful suggestions to keep us within a reasonable budget. The work was performed earlier than promised and done on schedule. We are extremely happy with the finished product.

Description of Work
Complete redo of our front yard, including clearing, replanting, pathway with pavers

Work Completed On 09/24/2018

Thank you for the great review. We do our best to make our customers love their outdoor space.

09/17/2018

Maureen F.

This company was wonderful to work with from our first contact by email, throughout the entire process. David knows his business well and the entire crew worked so hard and efficiently. We love our new patio!

Description of Work
Flagstone patio

Work Completed On 09/17/2018

We are so glad you love your patio & that our crew worked well for you. Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

08/25/2018

Darolen S.

We decided to put the project off until November, so we let each of the businesses know that. I was very happy to learn how Angie's list works. It's impressive!

Description of Work
Plan irrigation system for flower beds.

Work Completed On 08/25/2018

06/26/2018

Richard R.

David of Terra Sol visited our home to look at our water feature. He offered advice and obviously knew about water features and pumps. We have decided not to pursue work at this time, but I would not hesitate to hire him in the future. I was impressed with his professionalism.

Description of Work
We have a water feature with a possible leak in the basin and we had issues concerning the pump.

Work Completed On 06/20/2018

Thanks, we hope you are able to get your water feature working as it should so you can enjoy it.

05/31/2018

Dave H.

Excellent, before during and after the project. This is an update to a review posted over a year ago. Original post (dated 02/03/2017 pasted below as reference). I though our experience was worth an update. We've had 1 1/2 years since our project and are so happy with it. Many many times we have said to each other that we are so happy we did the project and so happy that we hired Terra-Sol for it. We've had a couple of follow up items and they have been super responsive and helpful. I can't speak highly enough of our experience with Dave and Terra-Sol. Original review: 02/03/2017 Absolutely the best possible experience and outcome. If I could give a 6 star rating I would. We first contacted David and Terra-Sol over 2 years ago and were very impressed with the landscape design, which was right on target, and with the sense that we could trust Terra-sol with such an expensive and important investment. In October (the second wettest October on record) they started our project and worked nonstop for over a week, a crew of 3-4 (or more) with equipment and many truckloads of haul old and in with new soil and rock. The finished product is fabulous. We are very picky when spending this type of money and we were fearful that like many other contractors their objective would to cut corners - but we happily watched as this veteran crew totally remade our back yard, painstakingly and beautifully, and have we said dozens of time that we are so happy with selecting Terra-Sol. As expensive as it was, I view it as a bargain. Without exception, everyone has loved the finished product. Something less obvious to others was our drainage problems. Our back yard would literally flood. One day last year we can home to a duck floating on our standing water (no joke). I am so happy to report that last month when we had 9" of snow rapidly melt, coinciding with 3" of heavy rain, it all drained away perfectly. I would not hesitate to recommend this company to anyone. Our experience was exceptional. Best of luck with your project(s). I hope this review serves you well - and please have a chat with Terra-Sol, and no I am not related:-). Description of Work: Total back yard make over: new drainage, shaped yard and remaining walls, installed trellis, new sod, sprinklers, garden area, shed area, etc.

Description of Work
total back yard make over

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, mulch, pavers, gravel, fountains, hardscaping

Work Completed On 11/12/2016

Thank you so much for the great report. We strive to help make our customers happy with their Outdoors so we love hearing about it. We love working with you too.

04/11/2018

Don S.

Met with designer/owner (David Zimmerman) several times in design, plants/trees/rocks to be used, Agreed to design plan, removal of existing plantings and grass and installation of plants, trees, etc.. Signed an acceptable cost contract and agreed upon a tentative date of work. Prior to the start of work, Mr. Zimmerman was in contact several times describing acquisition of plantings agreed to, sizes available, and agreement to several changes we asked for. Crew started work on time, were very friendly and open to our suggestions regarding moving some plants, where to utilize some small gravel-rock for design and resetting several large rocks and their surrounding plants. At completion the front yard (two days time start to finish in rainy weather - remarkable!) Mr. Zimmerman agreed to purchase and have his crew install two additional in our backyard and spread bark-mulch over the entire back area for minimal cost to the initial contract. One tree that was planted was mistakenly the wrong size (too tall when mature). We talked with Mr. Zimmerman about the dwarf pine we had asked for, he located same, and within a week had his men remove and replace with a beautiful dwarf pine - no muss, no fuss! There's a reason that Tere-Sol is rated so highly on Angie's List - David Zimmerman and his staff are talented experts at landscape design and installation. We would recommend them to anyone who asked.

Description of Work
Hired to design and install new landscaping of the front yard.

Work Completed On 03/26/2018

Thank you for the lovely comments. We do our best to make sure our customers are absolutely satisfied & more with what we can do for them. Let us know if we can help in any other way.

03/05/2018

Diane Q.

Everyone at Terra-sol was great! I would give them a A+ if it was available. Both Dave and Rea were wonderful to work with and answered all my question in a timely manner. The guys who came out to do the job were careful not to damage my established plants any more than was necessary. The left the work area cleaner than it was to start with. The completed job was even better than I had imagined! When I have another landscaping job I will not hesitate to call them again.

Description of Work
Repair brick path and block wall

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 02/28/2018

Thank you so much. We want you to be totally happy with your entire yard, so let us know if there is anything else we can do for you. Keep in touch.

11/10/2017

Fara L.

Terra-Sol Landscaping did an excellent job. The workers were professional and meticulous in their work. I appreciated that they cleaned up after their work was done each day. The overall outcome came out better than I envisioned. I am excited that I can now enjoy and be proud of my backyard.

Description of Work
I had my whole back yard landscaped that included pavers and stonework

Category landscaping, pavers, gravel, hardscaping

Work Completed On 11/03/2017

11/04/2017

David B.

They showed up exactly when they said they would and they punched the whole job out in less than a week. They dug up more rocks than they expected so they finished the wall down the east side of the property, probably another 20ft of wall, hauled away a bunch of extra small rocks that we'd collected over the last five years and although this was all extra, above and beyond the quote, they didn't charge us extra for it. The only extra was for some additional pipework we asked them to do. I will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Because we live in Lake Oswego, in the old quarry near the lake, we had piles of large rock all over the front yard. Terra-Sol came in and shaped our front yard, using the existing rock to build a beautiful tiered wall with a paver walkway beside the driveway.

Category landscaping, pavers, gravel, hardscaping

Work Completed On 10/25/2017

Review for Terra-Sol Landscaping - ........., Tualatin, OR - 36522034

Thanks! We do our best to make sure our customers get exactly what they are looking for so they can truly enjoy their home, inside and out. We are so glad you are happy with the work finished. Remember that we offer a 1 year Warranty for all Materials and Labor. Please just ask for a copy of the letter for your records. Rea

08/14/2017

Fara L.

They were really responsive. They got back to me. They gave me actions. They came out and met with me. I am excited to get it done.

Description of Work
The bid was to have my whole backyard done.

08/03/2017

MICHAEL R.

He came out twice and looked at the place. He was very professional . He did a very good job. He sent me a very nice design. We just decided at the time not to do it. I would have used him if we were going to do it. For various different reasons we decided not to do it at that time. I may use him again in the future. He did a very, very professional job and a very nice design. I was extremely happy with him. I think that he is very honest. He is very professional. He does a good job and he's a good designer. I had to change the design once and he was very accommodating.

Description of Work
They did an estimate on some landscaping.

Work Completed On 04/10/2016