ALL AROUND SERVICES

2.4

PO BOX 163

Tualatin, OR 97062

LORI C.

It was going fine until Jeff became frustrated that my husband wasn't mowing the lawn in a timely manner for him. So he said he would then need to start mowing so that he could do the other lawn care. The increased fee went from $40 to $150. I checked another Angies List person who would have charged $140 for the same service. Jeff didn't seem willing to negotiate further, e.g., work with my husband more in regards to timing or just do lawn work for a price less than $150. With the offer I made, he counteredd with "find someone else who can do the work for that price" instead of explaining why it wouldn't work in that e-mail AND offering a price that was reasonable for him and less for us.

Description of Work
This service has been performed for about 4-5 years. The lawn was edged (we did the mowing), fertilized, aerated at least one time a year, and occasionally herbicide was used, When there was time, bushes were pruned and weeds removed. All of it depended on the time allotted and what needed to be done.

Category landscaping, lawn treatment, leaf removal, pressure washing

LORI C.

It went fine. I was excited to get new grass. Unfortunately, because the grass gets a lot of shade, the grass started to show bald spots. What was needed was fescue seeding to provide more strength to the grass. Unfortunately, Jeff and I discontinued workng together, so that was not done.

Description of Work
Jeff pulled old grass out, removed lava rocks and wooden bed separators, aligned the step stones, and put in new grass.

Category lawn service

LORI C.

See above. I'm disappointed.

Description of Work
The deck project was two-part. First, Jeff was going to bleach the deck to lighten it. Then he was going to fix one of the boards and seal it. Because we had problems with our regular maintenance agreement and discontinued working together, and because of the rain, the deck was never finished and won't be with Jeff.

Category deck cleaning

11/08/2009

MARNIE H.

I requested a quote for my entire yard since my neighbor was having work done. He said he was busy & didn't have time to give me a quote that day, but that he would return the next week and send it via email. I never heard from him. About a month later when he had started working on my neighbor's yard, I asked him what happened and he apologized for being busy. Since he was so busy, I asked him to just give me a quote to have the 2 small areas that are shared with my neighbor's yard weeded & barked and a branch removed from the arborvitae. He then proceeded to tell me to get some round up & spray the weeds, then use a weed whacker to cut them down and he could then bark a week or so later when he did the neighbors. I figured he didn't want to do the work and he never gave me a quote. I was surprised to see about a week later that he had sprayed & removed the branch. He still never gave me a quote. A few days later he spread mulch, not bark. He never spoke with me about the work. Given the problems my neighbor had with his work ? it took about a month for a week?s worth of work, he cut the water line, phone line, and gas line (we had quite a scare for about 3 hours while NW Natural crews repaired the leak) - I was no longer interested in getting a quote from him to do the rest of my yard. Two days after the mulch was spread, there were thousands of newly sprouted weeds! He never followed up on the work or the cost and then I received an invoice about 2 weeks later for $130 for ?Landscape Maintenance?. I waited for him to contact me about the work and the new weed issue in the mulch that he tried to pass off as ?bark? since he was following up on the neighbor, but I never heard from him. He has been to both of my neighbor?s houses several times in the last 2 months but has never called or knocked on my door. I just received a second invoice that now has a late fee. Incredibly poor business practices. There was no quote given, no contract signed, and no follow-up.

Description of Work
Sprayed weeds in section 20ftx2ft, spread bark, removed one branch of arborvitae, removed grass and barked 3ftx1.5ft section - all areas shared with a neighbor having their entire yard done.

Category landscaping

I completely misunderstood this member's intentions and directions. I understood she wanted the work we completed to be done and that she wanted it as inexpensive as possible as she is renting the property. We treated the area ourselves with Round up and cleaned up the area and install Hemlock Bark (not mulch but actually bark from Hemlock trees). We did cut down a large Arborvitae limb and haul it away... I have since returned and treated new weed growth multiple times (four) at no expense to her. The work we completed on her property had a cost to me in excess of $215 in materials and labor... I originally sent her an invoice for only $130 but have since credited her the full amount.

05/29/2006

Joan K.

They did a poor, poor job. I do not recommend this service to anyone! He was more concerned about where he had to go each day than the job he was suppose to be concentrating on! I gave him a plan for my yards. He ''sort-of'' followed it, except he tried to give me too many rocks! If I had wanted a rock garden I would have told him! The plants he put in were of poor quality (had to nurse a lot of them back to health! The Arborvitae (which he was pleased he got at a bargain price) began dying soon after they were put in. I found out (after he replace three of them) not from him, from a Nursery, that they were infected with Spider Mite! I got him out of the Services section of the Oregon Newspaper...never again! I am glad I found Angie's List for future services I can read reports on! Many have told me the price of the work he did was in the $4,000-$6,000 range! I never saw anyone cash the remaining check amount so fast! As soon as he left, he cashed it!!! I was thoroughly disgusted!

Description of Work
This company redid my front and back yards. They took out grass and put in landscaping!

Category landscaping

I AM SORRY THIS MEMBER CHOSE THIS METHOD TO EXPRESS HER DISSATISFACTION. JOB WAS COMPLETED MAY 2005. I BACK UP ALL WORK AND MATERIALS. I OFFERED TO COME BACK MULTIPLE TIMES AND CHANGE/REPAIR ANYTHING THAT IS OR WAS UNSATISFACTORY. SHE DID CALL MONTHS LATER REGARDING DYING ARBS, THERE WAS NO INSECT ACTIVITY, I DID FIND OIL RESIDUE IN THE SOIL. AT NO COST I REMOVED THE DYING ARBS, HAD THEM TESTED BY THE NURSERY, REMOVED SOIL, AND REPLANTED NEW ARBS. THE MEMBER WAS SO SATISFIED INITIALLY THAT SHE EMAILED PICTURES AND TOLD ME VIA EMAIL HOW MUCH SHE LIKED THE LANDSCAPING. I WOULD CHALLENGE ANYONE TELLING HER THAT I OVERCHARGED HER TO DO THE SAME JOB FOR LESS MONEY. I ACTUALLY SPENT DOUBLE WHAT I HAD ORIGINALLY BUDGETED ON PLANTS AS THE MEMBER "ADJUSTED" WHAT SHE WANTED... BOTTOM LINE IS THAT I WOULD STILL RETURN TO THE MEMBER'S AND "FIX/REPAIR" ANYTHING THAT WAS OR IS UNSATISFACTORY, SHE HAS REFUSED TO ALLOW US TO RETURN.

05/29/2006

Joan K.

Category hardscaping

Red Bark Inc

Red Bark Inc. can help with any of your bark dust blowing needs. We have 25 years of experience, dependable, licensed drivers, and top of the line bark blowers to ensure a job well done, every single time.

Crux Roof & Gutter Cleaning

Crux Roof & Gutter Cleaning is a local company specializing in roof moss and gutter cleaning services. Crux is dedicated to providing quality and professional cleaning services.

Greentree Pressure Washing

GreenTree L.L.C specializes in Pressure Washing, Moss Treatment, Christmas lights, Soft Washing and Gutter Cleaning We are known to provide some of the highest quality Pressure Washing Services. Wether you have a sidewalk full of gunk or a patio, we can make your home exterior look brand new

ASK FOR DETAILS

IRRIGATION, FERTILIZATION, WEED CONTROL, MOSS CONTROL, LIME, AERATION, THATCHING, RESEEDING, REJUVENATE OR REPLACE EXISTING LAWN, TRIMMING & PRUNING, INSECT, DISEASE & FUNGUS TREATMENTS, BARK DUST/MULCH INSTALLATION, PLANTING SHRUBS, COLOR, ANNUALS OR PERENNIALS, PRUNING & SHRUB SHAPING, PEST CONTROL, LEAF CLEAN UP, IRRIGATION REPAIR, GARBAGE/DEBRIS HAULING/DISPOSAL, POWER WASHING(DRIVEWAYS/DECKS/PATIOS), EXTERIOR HOUSE WASHING, CHRISTMAS LIGHT INSTALLATION/REMOVAL, & GUTTER CLEANING.