Wolcott Services

Founded 1978 • With Angi since May 2005

4.2

1075 W Historic Columbia River Hwy

Troutdale, OR 97060

Wolcott offers expert plumbing, electrical, and heating & cooling services to Portland residents. After nearly four decades as a family-owned plumbing company, we added HVAC technicians and electricians to our workforce. Think of us as your three-in-one supplier of home service solutions....

05/24/2022

TERESA C.

Came out provided an estimate on water heater, then apparently charged us for diagnostic tests. The water heater was leaking, didn’t need it diagnosed it was obvious. They said they sent a bill to us via email but we never received until it was sent to collections. I have an 800+ credit score so obviously I pay my bills on time. They NEVER sent us a bill and honestly we didn’t think they’d charge to provide an estimate which took less than 15 mins for them to determine. Watch out for them!!

Description of Work
Estimate on water heater

08/10/2021

Lauri C.

Your man came and unclothed it. He had to come into my apartment to try it from there. He was SO polite and professional. He was an absolute delight to deal. He finally said he would have to go outside to unplug it. As a tenant who has seen same issue come up.many times Zach was first one to actually fix it. Big thumbs up for him.

Description of Work
Drain outside apartments clogged

03/21/2021

NANCY G.

I first tried my local plumber who does small jobs. He came and resealed the toilet. That didn’t work so he suggested I call someone with leak detection capability. Wolcott Plumbing plumbed my home originally so I called them. Specifically told them that my toilet had already been pulled and resealed, that I needed someone who could find leak in drain and give me options on how to fix. I called the day before the appointment to make sure I was getting leak detection capability. Yes, yes, they said. Plumber arrived, proceeded to pull and resealed the toilet. “In case the previous guy did it wrong”. Said he didn’t have leak detection capability. Charged me $233 for something already done with no further agreement on how to proceed. It is over in Wolcotts mind apparently. But I still have my original problem of toilet leaking thru ceiling into the kitchen. So it went terribly.

Description of Work
Detect a water leak coming from the toilet and dripping into kitchen

Category plumbing

10/26/2020

Jason B.

I asked for an estimate on a water heater replacement. Towards the very end of giving her all my information she informed me it would cost $90.00 simply to get an estimate for a replacement. The time spent estimating would be approximately 15 minutes. 90.00$ for 15 minutes of work you may not even do? Complete Scam. There are plenty of other companies willing to give me free estimates. Wolcott won't be getting my business now or ever in the future.

Description of Work
Water Heater Replacement

08/29/2020

Tony S.

I wanted emergency work done on our trane ductless air conditioning

Description of Work
Bad. Our air conditioner was leaking water inside our house down the wall and on our carpets. Angie’s list provided only 4 companies to choose from. I had to call this company twice and each time they said they are working on getting a technician to our house but they never called back. I didn’t call back a third time. This happened on Thursday night. Friday I found the company that installed our air conditioner and made an appointment for them to come Monday. They, unfortunately do not come out for emergencies so we will roast in our house till then, but they were reachable and I have a time they will come. This company on the other that was auto-selected by Angie’s List for 24 hour service did not at all deliver. I am greatly we are not an elderly couple living in Phoenix Arizona or somewhere else in the Southeast or we’d be up a creek without a paddle! Come on Angie’s List, you can do better than this for picking air conditioning companies in my area that offer 24 hour emergency services. I expected better for a membership like yours I have to pay for !

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

08/09/2020

William B.

The best and worst parts of America in 24 hours through the lens of plumbing... (preview Wollcot represents the worst part) With the exception of the initial interaction by our sales guy who was very helpful and is a sincerely nice person, we've spent the majority of our experience with Wollcot Plumbing, angry, frustrated and honestly scared by a lazy, self-entitled, COVID denying, POS plumber who completely screwed up a job and refused to take responsibility while pushing the timeline out weeks, cutting corners and blaming his inadequacies on anyone but himself... not to mention he had a terrible attitude and my wife was uncomfortable having him in the house. We were able to solve our problem within 24 hours by hiring someone not associated with Wollcot to finish parts of the job that they said would take weeks and cost thousands of unquoted additional dollars... Today I'm STOKED and inspired by the entrepreneurial spirit of a 1st generation immigrant, completely fired up about his business (not associated with Wollcot whatsoever) His optimism and contagious enthusiasm were incredible. He cleaned up the majority of the stuff Wollcot messed up and fixed additional problems along the way that Wollcot didn't communicate of offer solutions for. Couldn't be further from the Wollcot service we received. Honestly this experience for at something deeper for me, what American ideals should be about.. the land of opportunity and possibilities where hard work, collaboration, and genuine enthusiasm stand for something. NOT the Land of conspiracies, blame, entitlement, misplaced patriotism, and what-aboutism. (That is what we got from Wollcot plumbing) Our experience suggests working with anyone other than Wollcot.

Description of Work
Access and Replacement of basement plumbing

Category electrician,plumbing,drain cleaning

12/21/2019

John M.

The process from estimate to completion was excellent. The work was completed on schedule and the furnace and hot water heater are working just fine.

Description of Work
Install a new furnace, water heater and air conditioning.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

11/25/2019

Blake V.

Same day service, should up on time, called when on their way. Very prompt, very professional and I'd highly recommend.

Description of Work
had 2 clogged bathroom sinks

Category drain cleaning

09/06/2019

Andrew P.

I was asking for bids for a company to repair our AC. Wolcott came out, under the pretense of looking over things, and then charged me $97 for the service call. I paid for the service, since the technician did some work. At the end, he gave me a run down of the problems and said he would come back with his supervisor to bid out the rest of the work. I never heard from them again and my AC continues to not work properly. Won't be hiring them again.

Description of Work
Air conditioning repair

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,drain cleaning

08/01/2019

Jennifer V.

Tech was on time, professional, clean & fast!

Description of Work
Uncog bathtub drain

Category drain cleaning

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are happy the Mike was able to assist with your clogged drain. Please keep us in mind for any of your future drain or HVAC needs.

Jaramillos HVAC INC

Jaramillos hvac offer home comfort solutions specializing in Furnaces Repair and Maintenance AC Repair and Maintenance HVAC System Replacement Fan coil Maintenance Mini-split Installation You can rely on us to conduct business with honesty and integrity.

Pyramid Heating & Cooling

Whether you just need a simple boiler repair or a complete AC replacement, Pyramid Heating & Cooling is ready to help. With over 15 years of experience, Pyramid Heating and Cooling is Portland’s premier source for all things HVAC. As a Carrier factory authorized dealer, Pyramid offers a broad range of services and systems. The company’s team is made up of NATE certified and highly skilled technicians. They are the experts when it comes to repairing, installing, and maintaining any heating or cooling systems including furnaces, boilers, radiant heating, central air conditioning, heat pumps, ductless units, and even geothermal system. Additionally, the company offers proven and innovative indoor air quality solutions such as air purifiers and humidifiers. Call now to experience your best comfort at home. Pyramid Heating & Cooling is also on-call 24/7 for emergency heating and cooling services in Portland. Free estimates and financing options are available.

Mountain Air Heating & Cooling

We specialize in all of your heating and cooling needs! We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -- or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!

CCB: #112220