Johnson Home Improvement

Founded 1946 • With Angi since September 2005

Johnson Home Improvement is a third generation, family-owned local company established in 1946. Our focus has always been on exceptional customer service, quality products and the highest standard of workmanship that distinguishes us from all others. We specialize only in Milgard residential window replacement and are designated as a Certified Milgard Window Replacement Specialist. Each of our installers are true craftsmen with over 20 years of experience. The quality of our workmanship is unmatched....

Window World of Portland Oregon

Window World of Portland is locally owned and operated by owners John Rouse and Bill Mallory. Always committed to bringing the finest exterior solutions to our customers, we have been providing our signature vinyl windows, siding, entry doors, patio doors, storm doors, garage doors, and more to the Portland community since our start in 2007. With a combined 47 years of construction expertise, John and Bill lead our team of estimators, installers, and office staff in our mission to offer remarkable service from the start to finish of every job. Having served over 3,000 homeowners in the region, our business philosophy is based largely on building relationships with customers. We take pride in the value we provide through our service, high-quality products, and years of construction experience.

Offers by Window World of Portland Oregon on Angi
Renewal by Andersen of Oregon & SW Washington

Renewal by Andersen offers a start-to-finish window and patio door replacement process, where you'll get custom-crafted, energy-efficient replacement windows and doors professionally installed for you. Simply request a free in-home window consultation and you’ll be on your way to enjoying your beautiful new windows and patio doors for years to come.

Zen Windows Portland

I know the confusion and frustration homeowners can experience while working with some home improvement companies. I also know the high pressure sales tactics employed by many companies to sell you a product only to fall flat when it comes time for customer service. Working with Zen Windows means no pressure, no hassles and no payment until you are 100% satisfied with your windows and the installation. I respect your intelligence and understand that your time is valuable. We provide online quotes and quick responses to your questions along with the information you need to make an educated decision. No Deposits or Upfront Payments is your security that we will follow through with our promise of the best quality products and installation. Cheers! -Mike

09/16/2021

We have used Johnson Home Improvement for almost all of our new windows in our house. We have been able to do smaller batches and larger batches and each time are very happy with the quality and installation process. That is why we continue to come back to Johnson Home Improvement each time. We will be completing the rest of the windows at the house over the next 12 months. About 22 windows in all.

Description of Work
New windows for multiple phases

Category egress windows,replacement windows

12/03/2020

My wife and I just had Johnson Home Improvement replace all 25 of the windows in our home with Milgard. We shopped around quite a bit before deciding on Johnson Home Improvement. We chose them because there price was very competitive, their reviews were great, and the owner Glenn did a great job of explaining to me how their installation process worked. I could tell right off the bat that he takes a ton of pride in the work that their company does. The project went smoother than we ever could have hoped. The crew was fantastic. They showed up on time, cleaned up at the end of every day and were extremely friendly. The windows look amazing, and I think they did a superb job. We even had a different contractor working on a separate project in our home comment on the high quality of their work. Thank you Johnson Home Improvement!!!

Description of Work
Window Replacement

10/29/2020

Outstanding! They responded to my request quickly, no pressure quote, and very communicative on timing to install. I would definitely highly recommend Johnson Home Improvement.

Description of Work
new windowa

10/29/2020

Excellent in every way. The initial consultation was thorough, and the work and cost were clearly explained. The day of installation, the crew were exactly on time, were friendly and professional, and worked steadily until the job was done. Every step of the job was well done - removal of old material was done carefully, with no debris left behind; installation of the doors and the trim inside and out was perfect; care was taken to touch up paint as needed; and instructions on door use and care was clear. This is the kind of company everyone wishes they could find for any job, and I cannot recommend them highly enough. Both for skill and integrity, they are great.

Description of Work
Remove old doors and surrounding wood trim. Replace with new sliding doors and new wood trim.

10/27/2020

I was VERY impressed with Johnson Home Improvement. The entire process from bid to completion was so much easier than I anticipated. The owners truly care about giving the best possible customer experience. Because Milgard makes such a high end window I was bracing for a very high bid to do the job. That was not the case... it was very affordable and was less expensive than their competitors bids who I am confident would not have given us the final result that we now have. Our installer who did the job was AMAZING. He was so courteous to our needs all week he was here. He was on time every day and ready to go! He always let us know what was happening and where he would be working for the day. The windows look great because Milgard produces a very high end window but the finish work after installation from our installer can only come with years and years of experience. Now I can't wait to experience the energy savings from my new windows this winter! :) I highly recommend Johnson Home Improvement if you are in need of new windows for your home.

Description of Work
New Milgard windows installed in my home

Category egress windows,glass repair,replacement windows,doors

10/24/2020

Excellent! Informational and professional bid followed by timely and quality work. Great communication throughout and follow up from office staff.

Description of Work
Two new sliding doors

10/24/2020

Most excellent. The installer and estimator were impeccable. All work was completed in an orderly and timely manner. There was NO mess to clean up. We now have windows that open easily and have screens. Johnson Home Improvement is a class act from start to finish. I found out about Johnson Home and Improvement through Angie's List and we followed up by seeing their presentation at Milgard Windows.

Description of Work
9 wood windows replaced.

10/24/2020

Peter and Joe were great! They kept areas clean, executed the job with systematic precision and were flexible working around us with our having to work from home (during Covid). We’ve done a lot of remodel things and this was, by far, the most painless. The windows look great, we’re priced right and we were so very happy with the results! Don’t hesitate, hire these people! It’s also a huge plus to have the owner come out and measure, discuss, consult and inspect the work during the process. No salesman in the middle - huge plus.

Description of Work
All windows replaced

Category replacement windows,doors

09/04/2020

I highly recommend Johnson Home Improvement (JHI) if you want to have Milgard windows and/or patio doors installed in your home. Glenn Johnson, the owner, is a straight shooter. He’s honest, cordial, helpful, patient and very knowledgeable. I knew I wanted fiberglass frames (Milgard Ultra), but wasn’t sure which R-value and STC (quietness) to choose. Glenn helped me decide by providing useful comparative data. I thought I wanted some “picture over awning” windows, but he told me that there was something better looking – “fixed awning over awning” windows (no additional cost). Glenn was also helpful in choosing window types (“simpler is better”) and in keeping costs down. The quality of the installation was nothing short of outstanding. Peter (Glenn’s brother) and Joe did the work. The windows and doors all look and work great. The exterior trim work, including the painting, was meticulous. (I did not have them do the interior trim, but that’s a hard-to-find option that JHI offers.) Peter and Joe were quiet (no loud music) and great to have around. They also respected my request to wear masks when inside the house due to COVID-19. Glenn came by periodically to make sure that the job was progressing well. I researched several brands of fiberglass windows – Cascadia, Marvin (Infinity) and Milgard. They are all solid products, each with their own pros and cons. Cascadia has the best specs (but no sliders), Marvin the best finish and Milgard the best warranty. Whereas Cascadia and Marvin have only one dealer in Portland, Milgard has many, giving you choice with regard to price and who you’d like to work with. In the end, Milgard’s lifetime warranty was the deciding factor for me. I know a lot of people who have Milgard windows and they are very happy with the warranty support they have received over many years. Of course, if you buy Milgard for this reason, you are betting that this excellent support will continue. Let’s hope so. In summary, I highly recommend Johnson Home Improvement if you want to have Milgard windows and/or patio doors installed in your home. Glenn Johnson’s dedication to seeing that the job is done right flows throughout his company. My home now has new windows and patio doors throughout. It looks great, is quieter and has a smaller carbon footprint. Well done, JHI.

Description of Work
Replace all windows and patio doors in house with Milgard Ultra.

Category replacement windows,doors

08/20/2020

The project went extremely smoothly. The team was prompt, professional and extremely thorough. They kept everything very clean and spotless. The Owner came by at the end of each day to check on progress. I highly recommend this company!

Description of Work
Replacement of all windows

Category doors

Milgard Certified Window Replacement Specialist. AAMA Certified Installation Masters. We install replacement windows, patio doors and french doors. Customer satisfaction guarantee.

Skylights.