HOMEMASTERS Portland SW

Founded 2001 • With Angi since September 2008

4.3

Local company who is dedicated to service. We have teamed with 1st Security bank for financing and look forward to helping homeowners care for their biggest investment, their home....

PNW Handyman

Vics Window Cleaning

A local business with over 10 years of experience. We are trusted, customer-oriented, and reliable. Quality and completing perfect work is our first priority no matter how big or small the project is. Having your windows clean improves the style of the house and gives the rich look to it, especially when selling your house, preparing for a party or holiday, or a clear view to your backyard.

Superior Xterior Pressure Washing

Hello my name is Alex Malamura and I am your guy for power washing. I can power wash anything concrete such as driveways, sidewalks, patios, and a lot more. I have been in this side business for over 4 years and have the proper equipment to get the job done. I give the option to wash with a wand where all other companies only use surface washers. Let me know if you are interested. Be blessed.

Offers by Superior Xterior Pressure Washing	 on Angi

06/30/2020

Workers were courteous however there were various issues. First there was a mistake in the bid and I was informed as they were tearing off my old roof that the price was actually going to be $1500 more. After the work was done I discovered that two roof vents were omitted. A crew was sent out to repair this mistake but the install was incorrect and another crew had to be sent out a week later to c...

Description of Work
New roof and miscellaneous follow up work

Category bathtub refinishing,roofing

09/15/2019

Process was easy from estimate to installation. Work was done as promised and when they realized we also ordered gutter screens they had to come back to install them. They came back same day. Only complaint was they left the debrit from our old gutters all over our walk way, flower beds and yard.

Description of Work
Gutter replacement

Category gutter repair

09/08/2017

I had a neighbors tree that fell over and wiped out my neighbors house and one of the branches side swiped the side of my roof and damaged the gutters. And they came out and reattached the gutter and made it to that the water wasn't pouring off my 2nd story. So it was a roof repair or gutter repair actually.It was an emergency repair. I am sure it wasn't cheap, I can guarentee it wasn't cheap. It ...

Description of Work
Gutter Repair.

Category gutter repair

07/05/2017

Great - the roof was done in 4 days, gutters took longer due to special needs.

Description of Work
Complete re-roof and new gutters

Category gutter repair,roofing

We're so glad you are happy with your new roof and gutters. We appreciate your business. Should any of your neighbor look a little envious of the new look, please feel free to give them our info.

03/03/2017

It went very well. They did a quality job and were very nice workers. After removal of the old roofing material, it was apparent that some of the plywood needed replacing. The workers kept us informed as issues or questions came up. They did a very good job. The nicest part of this work is that the shingles are guaranteed for 30 years and the labor is guaranteed for 20 years. Warranty is transfera...

Description of Work
We needed to have our roof replaced.

Category gutter cleaning,roofing,roof cleaning

We're so happy to hear that you are happy with your new roof. We appreciate your business and hope to have the opportunity to help you again in the future.

12/27/2016

It went well. We will call them again.

Description of Work
Roof cleaning

Category gutter cleaning service","roof cleaner

11/26/2016

They did very good work. It took forever to get them out there. It kind of went on and on, but I stuck with them, and when they did come out they did a good job.

Description of Work
They fixed some damaged gutters.

Category gutter repair contractor

11/02/2016

I purchased new gutters for the house, they took the down payment and said they would be by in a couple of weeks to install. After 3 wks I had to go down to there office to check on where they were because I could not get through to anyone by phone who could tell me anything. After going down to their office I find out I was not even on the schedule and they could not find my paperwork. After about 20mins. they found the paperwork that confirmed I had paid the down payment, they put me on the schedule for the following wk. they came to install the gutters in august, every thing seemed fine and I paid the price they requested. When the October rains came I had a downspout that leaked very badly. I called to ask them to come take a look at it and was told that if they send someone out and determine that it was not an installation problem that they would charge me $75 weather I had them fix it or not. I asked them what guarantee would I have that someone would not just come out and say it was not a warranty issue just to collect the $75. I was told that they would not do that they are very honest. Then they said again that if I wanted to someone to come out to look at it and it was not warranted work it would cost $75 for the visit and whatever cost they determine to fix the problem. When I told them that that is not the right way to stand behind your work they said that, it was my choice and hung up the phone on me. If you have to tell people that you are honest....... If I could give them lower than one star I would. You definitely do not want to hire this company.

Description of Work
Install new gutters

Category gutter cleaning service","gutter repair contractor

08/31/2016

Possibly the worst home project experience I have had in 25 years. This bungled job took 14 months to completely resolve, not to my satisfaction, even though it involved a relatively trivial job. The initial work was performed in October. The heavy rains did not come until late December. In January I noticed that after the rain stopped, water dripped continuously from the corner of new gutter for days, damaging the area below. Homemasters sent someone to "seal" the corner. "Is that really a permanent solution?" I asked. He assured me it was. A couple of weeks later it was dripping again. Over the next several months I made at least 20 phone calls to them. During multiple visits by their personnel (they tried the "sealing" route again), the following factscame out: (1) When they originally installed the gutter, the fascia board was too rotten to hold screws... Why did they not inform me of this at the time, instead of slapping up a gutter covering a real problem? Incompetence, or just complete lack of professionalism? (2) ...so they just laid the gutter on the ledge from which the previous gutter had been hung. My home was built in 1898 and has settled. The corner of the ledge is now its lowest point, so water collected in the corner of the gutter and did not drain after a rain. 'Nothing we can do about a crooked house.' ******** -- the previous gutter was installed with adjustable hangers that made setting of the correct angle for drainage possible. They tried to avoid re-doing the job correctly by using the quickest, cheapest fix possible (allow the water to accumulate, just "seal" the corner so it wouldn't drip out). Possibly, this was not a swindle: the personnel they sent out to do the job may truly have just been totally incompetent, and lacking proper training/ supervision. I started calling daily. They sent somebody with some experience who took a look and understood the gutters needed hangers. As long as they were going to be pulling them off to correct the problem, I asked that the rotten fascia board be replaced. Correcting the installation of the gutters was their problem, but I was willing to pay for the board. I was surprised when I received a bid for $550 ($50 more than the original gutter installation!) to provide a new board, paint it with paint supplied by me, and install it. I was told it was because the job would entail two crews (handyman and gutter), and that they would be tied up much of the day due to painting the board and allowing it to dry before installation. Just wanting to get this resolved, I agreed. On the scheduled day, no handyman crew arrived. The gutter crew left, saying they could not do their part until the handyman had done the fascia board. My wife contacted me at work, and I called Homemasters, rather irate by now, and was promised the work would be completed that day, as scheduled. When I got home, I found: (1) The gutter crew was sent back to do the job on their own (no handymen ever came). (2) They had no paint brushes. It appears they put the board up first, then attached the gutter to it, then sloppily coated the exposed lower edge (only) of the board using a plastic bag to apply the paint. The paint can was still full. (3) And they attached the gutter to the fascia board - they did not use hangers as agreed. (4) Including the re-installation of the gutter, they were gone in under 2 hours. I did not see how this was worth $550 (since getting the gutter to drain correctly was their problem). But the gutter was no longer on the ledge, at an angle that seemed to allow proper drainage, and I did not want to see them again. When the bill arrived I just sent it back with a description of my grievances, asking that it be adjusted accordingly. For 5 months I heard nothing. Then an accountant called me asking when I was going to pay the bill. I explained that I had sent a letter, was waiting for answer to it, and when I received it I would pay. I was contacted several more times by phone and email before they could successfully communicate among themselves and understand the situation. I finally received the bill again. There was no response to my grievances, but they lowered the asking amount by $50. Nowhere near enough. Given Homemasters' incompetence, lack of professionalism, and shoddy work (on a simple job!), I would highly recommend you look elsewhere for the services they offer, especially if you own an older house.

Description of Work
I asked them to replace a short L-shaped section of gutter in an extremely accessible place.

Category gutter repair contractor

01/27/2016

When you get an estimate for work from Homemasters, you?ll be tempted to go with them. They will likely be cheaper than the other estimates you received. You might even have one of their slick, glossy coupons that makes the price seem even better. Resist this temptation. Why? Because Homemasters does shoddy work that they refuse to stand behind. I wish I had. I didn?t,and I ended up regretting it. I asked them to stop the leaks in my roof. They told me how much it would cost. I paid them to do so. It seemed cut and dry, but my assumptions were way off base. For example, I expected them to use shingles. Initially, the roofer assigned to my job told me that it might take longer than a day so he could find shingles that matched the ones on my roof. He still managed to get the work done that day. I was happy with the speed and expected they did a good job. A few days later, water was pouring into my living room again. Why? Because Homemasters does shoddy work that they refuse to stand behind. I called Homemasters to alert them to the issue. Before addressing my concern they wanted to do some research. They didn?t come to my house to inspect the work of their employees. Their research was finding an excuse. In this case, they called back to tell me that ?leaks can migrate, and they don?t guarantee them.? Also, the particulars of my roof were such that the leaks were particularly likely to migrate. That?s important information to have. Unfortunately, it was the first time I had heard it. Had Homemasters shared this information with me when they came out the first time, I could have weighed those risks against the other estimates I received. The other estimates I had in hand didn?t mention it, but they were planning to use new shingles. Homemasters either withheld that information at the time of service or were negligent in remembering to share it with me. Both are inexcusable. I patiently pleaded for Homemasters to come out and complete the job they had been paid to do once already. They offered to come take a look but only if I paid an emergency trip fee. That would have been the third trip fee. They charged me two for two visits about an hour apart the last time, something I reluctantly went along with. When I told them that I didn?t think that paying for another visit was fair, they offered to waive the emergency fee and only charge me their regular service fee. They even offered to apply roof repairs toward a brand new roof. I don?t want to downplay this last point. That?s a meaningful concession but it?s also one where I am locked in to spend thousands of dollars with them to recoup the costs I already paid for once. I turned them down. At this point there was no way I was going to spend more money with them. Why? You guessed it: Because Homemasters does shoddy work they refuse to stand behind. I?ll never let them be responsible for a whole roof and neither should you. When a new roofing company came out, they were aghast at the quality of the work Homemasters performed. Apparently, Homemasters caulked the roof instead of replacing the shingles. This explained why they got the work done so fast. I guess I should have known. I don?t like giving negative reviews. I assume some people have good days and some have bad days. It?s one thing if you have someone in your employ that is new and learning and makes mistakes. I even expect a company to occasionally have someone on staff who is incompetent that is on their way out. That?s part of every company. But you have to stand behind your values and fix the mistakes of these people. I can?t encourage Angie?s List customers strongly enough to avoid Homemasters. I hope this review and my subsequent report to the Better Business Bureau will help you avoid the mistake I made.

Description of Work
Installed flapper vents "Repaired" roof leaks

Category gutter cleaning service","handyman service","plumber","roofer

Roof and Gutter Cleaning/Repair/Maintenance, Roof Replacement, Gutter Replacement, Moss Removal, Window Replacement, Siding Replacement (including installation of James Hardie products), Home Remodeling, Plumbing & Electrical.

ask for detail