We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

Able Heating & Cooling LLC

Founded 1992 • With Angi since June 2005

16285 SW 85th Ave Ste 105

Tigard, OR 97224

Here at Able Heating & Cooling, we have a firm focus on providing quality air conditioning and heating solutions for our current and prospective clients. We've been in the business since 1992, and strive to get every heating and cooling job done right. Our customers can count on us to maintain and

09/15/2022

Rod & Doris D.

Mike and Kevin accomplished the work quickly, explained what they were doing, commented on the condition pf the units and left the work areas neat. I have always been pleased with Able’s work over the years.

Description of Work
Yearly AC and furnace service

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

05/11/2022

Marty B.

Ken was a great service tech knew what was going on took care of the checking the furnace and changing out the filter it needed a new one was the problem and explained the thermostat a little more than the book and thank you the receptionist she was kind and helpful got me in the next day thank you very much

Description of Work
Furnace thermostat filter

03/03/2022

Jack S.

When Tom came out to give us a bid, he was very thorough and personable. He gave us numerous options with recommendations he felt would get us the best performance. The day of the install went went well, although there was some issue created by the installers that needed to be corrected the following day. We were supplied with space heaters to use that evening. The following day the issue was resolved and the install complete. We like this system and expect it to be high performing for many years to come. The strongest accolade I can give is that they're very responsive to any issue or question we've had. Mike spent a lot of time going through a tutorial for performance and maintenance. I would recommend them for you next system.

Description of Work
Install heating and cooling system

Category electrician

10/19/2021

Nancy D.

Perfect! Jake and James were the dynamic duo that did the work. They were skilled, efficient, informative, and just pleasant people. We not enjoyed getting our new furnace and A/C, but also having them do the work. Great people and service.

Description of Work
New furnace and air conditioner

09/20/2021

Kent H.

Five star service from their whole team. Punctual, knowledgeable and down right professional and polite. I would recommend any one who need help with Heating and Cooling to give them a call.

Description of Work
Replaced air conditioning unit and repaired heating unit.

08/03/2021

John S.

Perfect. They were on time, professional and corteous.

Description of Work
AC Heating system check up.

05/25/2021

Debra G.

Ken, the tech was very personable, knowledgable and thorough. I can't say enough positive things about Kelly, the owner of Able Heating & Cooling.

Description of Work
Amnual Trane Heat Pump service

03/11/2021

Danita H.

I called this company because this was who I purchased the furnace through 8 years prior, through a property company that was managing my house. The technician showed up the first day 2 hours early, the second day a half hour late. He told me there was a recall on a part that would have been covered in the first 5 years, but wasn't now that caused the furnace to stop working. He quoted me $850 to replace the part and the motor. The second day, he told me that the ignitor was out and so the bill would be $1100. But when he got done, the bill total was $1250. I called to ask about the pricing on the parts and they don't detail out what parts they are using from where. I was told that they only guarantee their work for 30 days and the parts manufacturers are 'maybe' up to a year. Very disappointing. Thankful my furnace is working, but an expensive lesson about getting better quotes and upfront costs. Will use another HVAC company next time.

Description of Work
Furnace Repair

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

03/08/2021

Ray N.

I left a phone call recorded message late on Sunday night. Early Monday morning I got a call telling me that Kim would be sent out between 9 AM and 11 am. Ken arrived before 10 AM quickly diagnosed the problem, reestablished our heat, and told me what to watch for in the future. Everything went smoothly. All was done within the cost of a service call.

Description of Work
We had no heat. A sensor have been tripped that shut off the heat.

09/01/2020

micheal t R.

Went very well. Contacted them in early morning. They showed before noon and hade job completed within an hour

Description of Work
Air conditioning repair

08/05/2020

Daniel N.

Scott was great, clearly one of the best. He explained everything and diagnosed a faulty capacitor and leaky refrigerant. Detail oriented and very transparent, I felt they want my business.

Description of Work
A/C Tuneup

06/04/2020

Joe R.

I had a great experience with Able Heating and Cooling. Tom quoted me 3 different Trane products. The base model Trane unit is more quiet (68db) than low and mid level Carrier units. Trane also offered 5 year labor warranty on the base model unit where Carrier was 1 year. The choice was easy. Install guys came and replaced my AC unit in 1 day. They neatly removed and reinstalled my old furnace during upgrade. They even improved the chimney routing for my hot water heater at the same time! Would recommend these guys to all my friends.

Description of Work
Replace AC unit.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

[Member Name Removed], thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience; our staff will be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again.

06/01/2020

Lynsey F.

Wonderful as usual! Technician is always on time, friendly, efficient and explains things in a way I can understand them without knowing how A/C units work. I really like this company. From their receptionist to all the techs I’ve met, they are all great!

Description of Work
Annual A/C tune-up

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you so much for your kind words, [Member Name Removed]. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. We count ourselves lucky for customers like you. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

05/08/2020

Joann C.

Nick is always professional , polite, and thorough

Description of Work
In depth annual check and clean

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review.

04/29/2020

MATT R.

Ken phoned before arrival, parked his van, rang doorbell, asked a few questions about the system and then got right to work. Very pleased with the overall end result and always appreciate the professional courtesy and attitude of their company. Will hire again in future!

Description of Work
Seasonal tune up on my Daikin mini split ductless heat pump system

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

Thanks for the awesome review, [Member Name Removed]! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

02/25/2020

nancy H.

It was an urgent problem so I didn't get a chance to compare other companies' prices for service or product. From asking some people I know involved in building it seemed reasonable to presume my existing furnace had reached its "life expectancy" and that needing a whole new one was a reasonable suggestion. From checking out prices, on line, for furnaces the recommended one seemed reasonable priced. I talked with several employees and they all were very good at explaining some complex differences in furnace options. The first contract I was provided with only listed the total coast; after asking for one showing individual costs for certain things I was given that.

Description of Work
furnace fixed or replaced

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed], we are so glad that we could assist you in replacing your furnace; especially considering how chilly it was and how long you had been without heat! Research is very important, and we realize that furnaces are a large investment that should be considered carefully. We were happy to answer each of your questions, and in the end you chose a wonderful Trane furnace - we know it's going to keep you comfortable for years to come. Thank you so much for the kind review, and thank you trusting us with your HVAC needs :)

02/03/2020

Betty P.

Super from start to finish. From mm meeting with the rep, to the guys doing the work, to the office it was a great experience. And Kelly (the owner) came out himself after completion to answer any questions I may have had. A super company!

Description of Work
New furnace and air conditioning added.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed], thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thank you for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again.

02/03/2020

Susan C.

It was very good. They came out quickly, did the inspection, and did a good job.

Description of Work
They did an inspection of the furnace and air conditioning.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review

10/03/2019

Mary M.

Great. I learned some things about care and use of our HVAC system. Able installed this system two years ago and we couldn’t be happier. No hard sell on maintenance contract. Thanks!

Description of Work
Annual maintenance

08/02/2019

Lloyd & Glenda H.

Technician called early and arrived on schedule. Work was done thoroughly and efficiently. I was pleased. I wanted to report that there is a scammer that hits our neighborhood each year claiming to be our regular HVAC maintenance company calling to schedule our annual maintenance. We have to be very careful to assure that we are talking to the real Able Heating when we want to schedule maintenance.

Description of Work
HVAC annual maintenance.

06/26/2019

Brian M.

Called Able Heating & Cooling in the morning to check out our heat pump that was making screeching noise. They came out that afternoon and fixed the problem. Nick was on time and professional. He quickly diagnosed and fixed the problem. I will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Heat pump repair

06/15/2019

Gregory B.

Able had earned this review. I've used them several times now and have always been impressed with their customer service, the responsiveness of their crew, and the business integrity that they bring to every customer. Their techs are on time, honest, and get it right. Could not recommend more. I will be a loyal customer for life!

Description of Work
Furance service/replacement

06/11/2019

Scott R.

On a very hot day they were able to get someone to fix my air conditioner in under two hours. The tech that showed up was very courteous and professional. He clearly explained what was wrong and my options. He was then able to quickly fix the unit. I would Definitely use Able Heating and Cooling again.

Description of Work
Fixed my air conditioner

06/10/2019

Lynsey F.

Great! Punctual and professional. Explained things so I could understand them. Very friendly tech. Affordable preventative maintenance. I also have my furnace serviced by them in the Fall. I definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
Annual A/C maintenance

06/03/2019

Glenn R.

I have used Able heating and cooling for all of my HVAC needs. They are very customer service oriented and also very prompt. I have never had any issues with this company and would recommend them to all of my family and friends. Thanks Able for being such a great company and offering some of the greatest service around!

Description of Work
AC/Furnace tune up

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Able Heating and Cooling always strives to provide the best customer service and an outstanding quality of work. Thank you for recommending our services to your family and friends we greatly appreciate it.

Cloud 9 Professional Cleaning Services

Cloud 9 provides professional carpet and upholstery cleaning services, window washing services, and house cleaning and housekeeping services. We have been an Better Business Bureau A+ Accredited company and have maintained our Angie's List Super Service Awards.

Better Air Northwest

Better Air Northwest has been proudly serving the greater Portland and Vancouver areas since 2009. We provide air duct cleaning services for industrial, commercial and residential heating, cooling and other air duct systems. We also provide respirable dust testing, dryer vent cleaning and anti-microbial sanitation services. We are a family owned and operated business with a focus on quality service and customer satisfaction. Our professional technicians are friendly and knowledgeable. This is the finest air duct cleaning service on the planet!

Cornel's Plumbing

Call to schedule today! At Cornel's Plumbing, we take pride in being locally owned and operated. With over 30+ years of plumbing experience under our belts, we have extensive knowledge & experience of both Plumbing and sewer replacement and service! We get the job done right the first time, and strive to bring our customers only the best service. We are always on time, always leave the location cleaner than we found it, and will find a solution for any plumbing need!

Oregon
    Oregon: Contractors
    10/24/2024
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Financing Available

We provide maintenance, repairs, servicing and installations on residential and light commercial products, including: gas furnaces, electric furnaces, air handlers, heat pumps, air conditioners, ductless heat pumps, package units & oil furnaces. We also install and maintain indoor air quality products (UV products, Electronic Air Cleaners, Media Filtration, etc.) & thermostats.