Jerry's Home Improvement Center

With Angi since August 2010

2525 Olympic St

Springfield, OR 97477

Jerry's, Eugene's original discount building material store, was founded in November of 1961 and has grown for 2 employees to hundreds. Jerry's offers a world class selection of products from lawn and garden to building materials, decor, kitchen and bath, lighting and with over 6,000 different in

12/23/2020

John S.

I have always appreciated how helpful Jerry's in-store employees are, so I had them arrange a quote for me for backsplash installation. I was surprised to see that the quote reflected an area of 31 sqft (and required 39 sqft of tile). I called Jerry's installation dept., spoke to Chris Ewan and sent him my measurements and calculations, showing an area of 21 sqft. Chris didn't respond to my email. A week later I followed up and he responded by email stating that "I have spoken with both my supervisor and with Joe the installer. We are comfortable that the measurements taken and quoted are accurate." This is ridiculous, since I know how to use a tape measure as well as anyone, and there's no question that, for example, one length was 37", not the 42" they showed. If he had gone on to acknowledge the measurement padding and explained why this was necessary, I would have at least felt that I had been treated with respect - but there was no explanation. I responded asking him to have his supervisor call me. I received no call. There's no way I was going to work with a company and individuals who couldn't even extend me a modicum of respect, so I moved on.

Description of Work
Backsplash Installation

Category carpet installation, home remodeling

07/18/2017

Donna M.

We like Jerry's and we trust them. They contracted out so I can't tell you the name of the actual service provider. They are a home improvement store and they contracted out. We bought the carpet from them and they contracted for the installation. I have no way to compare, we did not do home owners comparison shopping. Good quality. The experience overall was very positive.

Description of Work
Replaced carpet in whole house except kitchen and bathrooms.

Category carpet installation

05/21/2015

Sharon H.

02/04/2015

RANDALL E.

We love it. We're there a lot. They really, really train their employees. The people who are working in the paint department get updated training sessions on everything in their department. So if you're doing a special project which might be kind of a little offbeat or something, they know what product you need. They actually put a sticker with their name and phone number on it. When you've gotten home, if you've got a problem you call them and they can talk and walk you through it, whatever or decide that maybe its something else that you need and you can return things without a lot of ado. But every department, whether it's lighting or hardware or nuts and bolts, it doesn't matter. Those people are trained and you can find somebody to help you. It's a great place. They have the best commercials on the planet - they're absolutely hilarious.

Description of Work
We bought a specialty light bulb. My husband is building some cabinets. So, we also bought materials for that.

05/14/2014

Clarice B.

They're wonderful, helpful and they have a wide variety of stuff. My only complaint is quite away from my house but that's not their fault. I go there and I've never heard a bad word about him, I only heard wonderful things.

Description of Work
We've used the services of Jerry's Home Improvement Center.

Category flooring contractor, home remodeling

03/09/2014

Jeanette B.

Generally great experiences there. Helpful greeters. Karen is very helpful and nice (works cabinets/countertops area both stores) as well as Bob P. (Springfield). Generally I get help I need. Had good experience a few years ago ordering a custom door with side light and really loved the contractor they used for install (he's out of business now). Love this store, so does my family. Will always go back when i need something.

Description of Work
Custom new front door/side light, multiple project tips, helpful sales people

12/01/2013

Tom W.

N/A

11/19/2013

William L.

The installer was named Jake and he did a fabulous job of installing the tile. Very professional and curteous. My wife also worked with Rod to contract all the work. Great job. We are very, very happy with everything. Thank you!!!

Description of Work
Sold and installed ceramic tiles in three rooms.

Category flooring contractor

04/26/2013

Robert P.

It is a big local hardware store. They probably have just two stores; I have been to both. They are friendly and there are always people to talk to or ask questions. I usually do not have to search for people and they answer my questions. I have never had an issue with the price

Description of Work
I use Jerry's Home Improvement Center. I go there to buy stuff for my new home.

05/29/2012

Pegge F.

Seth Gilman at Jerry's Home Improvement Center was very helpful. He is in the bath and kitchen sales department.

Description of Work
I purchased toilets, faucets and tools at Jerry's Home Improvement Center.

Category home remodeling

A&E Pro Painting & Construction LLC

We are owner operated with many years of experience in general Remodeling. Hardwood Flooring, Hardwood Floor Refinish, siding, tile, Bathrooms remodels, interior and exterior painting, windows installation, Drywall repairs, porches, Decks and fences.

Award 2022
    JC Development & Construction LLC CCB 217528

Interior Painting and Exterior Painting! We paint everything. Our lead painter has been painting for 30 years and has literally painted everything from huge apartment buildings to a front door of a renovated mobile home. Our crew is small so we offer great prices and low overhead. We do free estimates of your project.

Affinity Painting LLC

Additional Contact name - Shelley L Nelson.

Decking, Fencing, Kitchens & Decor
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

FREE Kitchen Design Service. FREE Wheelbarrow and Barbecue Assembly. FREE Deck Design & Estimates on your Fence. We Install: Doors, Widows, Garage Doors, Garage Door Openers, Carpet, Laminate, Refinished Hardwood & Rolled Vinyl Flooring, Window Coverings, Kitchens, Countertops, Water Heaters. Window Blinds Cut While You Shop. Custom Paint Mixing & Matching, Bulk Wire by the Foot,