John's Waterproofing

Founded 1974 • With Angi since October 2005

John's keeping basements and crawl spaces dry and healthy since 1974. Cost is determined by the job. CCB#15830 Additional phone numbers: (800)810-5883, (503) 873-5650, (503) 233-0825 & (503) 364-3978. Additional e-mail: education@johnswaterproofing.com. In house licensed plumber.

Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español

Upgrading a Homes CrawlSpace Insulation and Waterproofing, Salem OR.

basement waterproofing

202197317
This home had fiberglass insulation and a simple 6 Mil vapor barrier. However these did not address the bigger threat to the home: water moisture and high humidity. These issues led to water weight in the insulation causing it to fall and mold spots and rot to take hold. To fix this space we added in a drainage system, encapsulated it with our CleanSpace vapor barrier, added a SaniDry Sedona dehumidifier, and replaced rotten wood posts with our SmartJacks.
View project

4.2

basement waterproofing (222)well & water pump repair (50)drain pipe installation (28)plumbers (17)foundation repair (5)mold removal (4)insulation (3)HVAC Companies (3)basement remodeling (2)

10/15/2022

Kathy B.

Cory and David were awesome. From beginning to finish, they were hard working, precise and excellent. I would absolutely have them work for me gizn.

Description of Work
bathroom, kitchen

Category plumbing

Work Completed On 10/14/2022

Thank you for the great review, we are so proud of our Plumbing department. Thank you for letting us help you out!

10/13/2020

Brian W.

I researched 4 companies to fully encapsulate a crawlspace damaged by flooding and rats. I also did a lot of research into possibly doing it myself so i knew what to look for. John's was the most expensive, but they were all in the same general ballpark. I was put off by some of the competitors marking insulation as "extra" and not including in their initial estimate. Insulation is required! John's costs a bit more but you get more too: John's insulated the entire floor with wrapped foam pads, dug a drain trench around the entire perimeter, jacked up every concrete pier to slide vapor barrier underneath the posts, and used proper mechanical fasteners on all of the wall insulation boards. Every nook and cranny was sealed with spray foam. The workers were amazing. They did not cut any corners. They nipped and tucked every tight little spot and never complained or made excuses. They built a plastic clean-tunnel every day and took it down down every afternoon. They did not leave behind trash. My crawlspace is clean enough to literally eat off the floor now. I would recommend John's if you want your job done correctly.

Description of Work
Crawlspace Encapsulation

Work Completed On 10/01/2020

09/29/2020

Amanda H.

John's Waterproofing has taken care of our basement waterproofing services for well over a decade. They are friendly, professional, timely, accommodating and we've never had any problems with the system they maintain over all these years. We really trust and rely on John's Waterproofing and are happy to continue to be customers. We will call on them year after year to take care of our sump pump and French drain system.

Description of Work
French Drain and Sump Pump Maintenance

Category basement waterproofing, wells

Work Completed On 09/28/2020

Thank you so much for the amazing review [Member Name Removed]! Make sure you also take advantage of our 50$ visa reward program for referring us to others. We just love great customers like you and know that the best way to get them is by working with amazing folks like you who know the value of our service!

08/22/2020

marilyn E.

From the first visit to my home from Sean for an estimate, to the crew that arrived to do the project I was impressed. Everyone was extremely professional. The crew arrived on time, the crew leader introduced me to the rest of the crew and explained how they would proceed with the project. They protected the work spaces with plastic from my garage to the crawl space opening in side my closet. They went to work and kept me informed about the progress. The whole crew worked very efficiently and got the project done in one day. They left work area spotless when they were done. I would highly recommend this company for any waterproofing project!!

Description of Work
Waterproofing of my crawl space and placement of a new sump pump

Work Completed On 08/21/2020

Thank you for the great review!

05/06/2020

Robin C.

Lupe and his crew were incredibly professional courteous clean and went over and Beyond to take care of my property.

Description of Work
Craw space excavated and Foundation supports

Work Completed On 05/06/2020

We love great reviews, thank you!

04/19/2020

Virginia R.

I was glad John's Waterproofing was recommended to me to resolve the serious water problem in my large crawl space. With Jake's Design and Jeremy's remarkable crew, who were able to efficiently perform the many tasks needed to fix the problem, I now have a dry, clean and healthier crawl space under my home. Thanks to John's superb 5 star Company! Virginia Rossman

Description of Work
crawl space waterproofing

Work Completed On 03/31/2020

Thanks for the amazing review!

03/24/2020

Ron S.

The entire John's Waterproofing team was exceptional. Very high level of customer service, professionalism, and expertise. We highly recommend John's Waterproofing Company.

Description of Work
crawlspace waterproofing

Work Completed On 03/24/2020

Thanks for the awesome review!

02/03/2020

GARY W.

It was great every part was real good very knowledgeable

Description of Work
Faucets, Fixtures and Pipes - Repair or Replace|plastic pipe shut off valve seizing and needs replaced|

Category

Work Completed On 01/29/2020

Thanks for the great review!

07/05/2019

Geoff P.

The estimator, Jacob, was very professional and provided several options. His bid was competitive. After negotiating a price, the work was scheduled for a few weeks later. The three-person crew arrived on time and got right to work. They did a good job keeping the interior of our home clean. However, some of their work was substandard. They failed to secure the new vapor barrier adequately in several locations and they disposed of a broken concrete (they had to remove it from our driveway for the discharge pipe and drain) by scattering it beneath some trees in our landscaped beds. When I discovered those issues the next day, I called John's and they had someone fix the problem with the vapor barrier and remove the concrete a few weeks later.

Description of Work
John's installed a gravity-based interior french drain around the perimeter of our crawlspace to mitigate minor pooling of water beneath the vapor barrier. John's also removed and replaced the vapor barrier.

Work Completed On 03/01/2019

06/27/2019

robert M.

I accepted their recommendation of a solution that would fix the moisture problem in the crawl space, 16 months ago. I paid $7,000 for a sump pump, drainage lines and a 6 mil vapor barrier. Their representative just came out and said. "you have high humidity in the crawl space and mold is starting. We recommend taking out the 6 mil barrier and doing a full encapsulation and foam installation for an additional $13,000. If what their rep is now saying is accurate, their original recommendation and work was worthless. Additionally, the original work took four workers ... working six hours... so 24 person-hours of work for about $6,000 ... with about $1,000 for the sump pump and the liner.... Sure it's tough work... but $250 per person hour?

Description of Work
water proofing my crawl space

Work Completed On 02/08/2018

06/27/2019

Nicole K.

Lupe and his crew were AMAZING. He took the time to review our project in detail prior to starting any work to be sure we got what we wanted. He was incredibly professional and helpful in making decisions. He and his crew were outstanding and we are so thankful they completed our job. Our only regret was that we didn't call sooner. Thank you so much Lupe! Keep up the hard work and we hope you are well rewarded for your awesome work as you represent John's Waterproofing very well. Note: the response regarding responsiveness is due to the delay in getting a response to our request for a proposal and does not reflect Lupe or his team.

Description of Work
Drainage needed to be directed into a system away from the house.

Work Completed On 06/15/2019

05/24/2019

Matthew C.

We are finishing our basement so I needed them to come and install the thermal dry wall which they did well; a few weeks later, another technician installed the dehumidifier. However, they told me it wasn't the appropriate one for my space and what I needed. I had explained to the salesman exactly what we were doing and he had recommended this specific dehumidifier. Once we were ready to put up the walls, another technician came to patch some of the thermal dry wall and informed me that the salesman that had worked with me was not longer part of the company because it seemed he had sold the wrong items to other customers. He called his supervisor who told him they would take the dehumidifier we had bought and used for only a few weeks but that we needed to pay an additional $2,000 to get the new one and the installations done. I called him to discuss; the price difference between the two dehumidifiers was only $350 and we felt that the company should compromise with us seeing that it was one of their people who sold us the wrong item. Colton, the supervisor, agreed to talk to the technician who had seen our space and that he would call me back. After 3 days, I called him and left a message. It's been over 3 weeks and I haven't heard from him...I am very disappointed with the service of this company, the workers that came to do the job at my house were punctual, polite and seemed knowledgeable, but the management is terrible! They don’t take responsibility for their mistakes and obviously don’t care about their customers.

Description of Work
Install a Thermal Dry Basement Wall barrier, a pump and a dehumidifier.

Category insulation, basement waterproofing, wells, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 05/06/2019

05/07/2019

Nick B.

John's worker group was always punctual during the time work was being done, five days time altogether. No issues as logistics and possible issues were worked out ahead of time. There was unbelievable junk left behind by past repairman and construction crews. It was all hauled away and after John's was finished we had a completely defined, insulated and encapsulated area. Our heating bill was way lower for the Winter-early Spring time period. I inspected after the work was done and the area was clean and professionally completed. It has been since October, 2018 and everything works as it should. Thumbs up to the working crew and to the company (John's Waterproofing) that hires them.

Description of Work
Mold Removal and Crawl Space Encapsulation

Work Completed On 10/15/2018

02/27/2019

Rick G.

Luis and his crew arrived on time. Luis went over with me all of the items that needed to be done, and kept me informed throughout the process which took 5-6 hours. We had not planned to have the debris (large rocks) and furnace removed, but Luis offered it and we gladly paid for the extra time - well worth it! Luis and his two crew members were very friendly and did an excellent job. I would not hesitate for second to have John's Waterproofing do work for me in the future.

Description of Work
New vapor barrier in crawlspace, concrete pier pads added, insulation tacked up and bare spots replaced, debris including old nonfunctional furnace removed.

Category insulation, basement waterproofing, foundation repair

Work Completed On 02/18/2019

01/28/2019

Elizabeth G.

I had someone come out and review my basement for a quote. They never followed up. Their customer service department asked me to rate the experience and I let them know I had not received a bid - they responded it would come within a day. I never heard back.

Description of Work
basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 01/28/2019

01/09/2019

Ralph A.

Spot on! Wife was extremely happy that the crew came in and performed all work in the time estimate given. Very clean and professional. Expensive, but I had insulation that needed replacement, prior rodent infestation, and drainage issues. All now clean!

Description of Work
Had crawl space completely sealed.

Work Completed On 09/08/2018

08/23/2018

Jean S.

Carolann was informative and knowledgeable and helped us to decide what worked best for our situation and budget. The work was scheduled in mid-June and was done on time. The crew worked very hard, in hot temperatures. They cleaned up after themselves and the crew leader was available to answer questions and explain what was being done. We will see once the rain returns, how the pumps work, but I am not anticipating problems. If there are any issues they say that they stand behind their work and that is what I have heard from others.

Description of Work
They put in 2 sump pumps, dug trenches and put in pipe, covered in a sleeve, gravel on top and a 10ml vapor barrier.

Category basement waterproofing, wells

Work Completed On 06/18/2018

thank you for the great review I will get it over to your team :)

06/30/2018

Kathleen A.

It went great. They were there on time. Lupe Alvarado, the foreman, kept me informed as to what they were doing, gave me a suggestion or two on what we could do, and got the job done efficiently & completely. Although they had allowed the entire day, it took only around 5 hours. They cleaned everything up perfectly.

Description of Work
Replace vapor barrier in crawl space & replace drainage pipe on side of house

Work Completed On 06/29/2018

Thank you so much for this amazing review I will get it to Lupe and his team!

05/23/2018

Bruce M.

Excellent service. I would highly recommend. Spent an hour explaining problem areas, knowing that his company could not do the work. Travis was an exceptional representative.

Description of Work
Fixing leak in crawlspace

Work Completed On 05/21/2018

Thank you so much for the great review, I will get it over to our team!

04/17/2018

Elaine B.

Excellent customer service throughout from initial contact through completion of work. The professional crew came up with some creative ideas for my complicated exterior water drainage problem from malfunctioning gutters, and they cleaned out my crawlspace and added a new vapor barrier. Top notch work, they did a great job of cleaning everything up, much better than I expected. I especially enjoyed not being up-sold on work I didn't need, such as a sump pump and trenching for water that wasn't there, as another company recommended.

Description of Work
Crawlspace cleaning and new vapor barrier, and reworking gutter drainage

Category basement waterproofing, drain pipe

Work Completed On 04/06/2018

01/07/2018

David B.

They showed up on the day the work was to be done and inspected the work area. They noticed that the water appeared to be coming from the ceiling and not the floor. They had the integrity to be honest, let me know I might be resolving a symptom and not the cause, and refunded me my deposit when it became clear I had a leaking pipe in the ceiling and not groundwater coming up from the floor.

Description of Work
We thought we had water leaking up through a crack in the basement floor. John's was going to install a sump pump and a leech line.

Category foundation repair

Work Completed On 12/28/2017

Thank you so much for the great review, I will pass it on to them!

10/16/2017

julie T.

other than some small pieces of styrofoam in my yard it wen very well

Description of Work
Crawl space sealing and repair