Sharper Service Solutions

Founded 1984 • With Angi since August 2005

3.7

20345 SW Pacific Hwy Ste. 200

Sherwood, OR 97140

Additional contact name - David Manning. Additional email - davidm@sharpervideo.net & service@sharpervideo.net. Cost is determined by the job. Additional DBA - Sharper Service Solutions, Sharper Video Consumer Electronics....

07/26/2022

Tami S.

This had to be one of the most unnerving experiences I've had with a service technician. Not only was the technician rude, he didn't listen - dismissed my comments, and didn't properly diagnose the issue...but was certain to take the diagnostic fee even though the issue with my washer was unresolved. First, the tech assigned was rude and quick to dismiss what I was telling him: the washer was unbalanced in the spin/rinse cycle. Regardless, of whether I washed towels, delicates, bed linens, regular normal clothes, the machine would shake violently. The tech said it's normal and should dissipate. I explained that after several loads Sunday, the noise never did dissipate. The tech rain one drain/spin cycle, looked at the back, and front, and then said there was nothing wrong with the machine. I asked, no implored, him to run a full cycle to fully evaluate the issue. I started the cycle, he didn't pay any attention - quick to try to get the card to receive the diagnostic fee. The washer was displaying the same unbalanced issue I described when he hurried down the stairs and left my house. He indicated in his notes that there wasn't an issue, but refused to let the full cycle finish to be certain. Sure enough, the machine was unbalanced and began to emanate a smell like something was burning. He didn't check the bearings or anything else that could have been causing the issue. When I called to discuss the issue, thinking Sharper had some way to validate their tech's work, I was told they only have one tech so what he says goes. This is outrageous!!! What kind of quality control is that? So, the tech doesn't do his job and no one from Sharper is willing to confirm that he did his job correctly. The only thing they tell you is to call another company instead of trying to handle the matter with professionalism. You can't get the diagnostic fee back even though the service was terrible and have no recourse from the company to try to write the wrong. And the so-called service people on the phone actually say "There's nothing I can do for you." There's no other tech in my area so this one's word stands even if the issue persists, yet the tech doesn't want to finish the cycle to complete a more thorough diagnosis. I am so disappointed that the manufacturer recommended I call this company as their trusted servicer, because this tech's work is not a good representation of quality, ethical work. I would never recommend this company to anyone. I see positive reviews, and I am thinking the encounter could have been handled differently. An additional, 10 minutes (I believe was on the counter) to confirm that there wasn't an issue...when the issue re-surfaced during the rinse/spin cycle. Terrible, terrible, terrible service.

Description of Work
Washing Machine Repair

03/17/2022

Travis B.

Short version: Over the span of two and a half months they rescheduled appointments 4 times each the day of the appointment, made several attempts to fix an issue without ever fixing the issue, left a brand new pump behind (which was the part the tech claimed to replaced), hit me with a no-call no-show for one appointment, and after each attempt the tech said everything worked when the machine showed the same error code and symptom every time. I eventually talked to a receptionist that transferred me over to a manager/owner’s voicemail and I never heard back, which isn’t surprising. I have never dealt with such a level of incompetence and poor customer service with any company in my life. They never completed the repair. A new company came out and showed that all the parts they claimed to replace were never in fact replaced and they were able to repair the machine that day. Almost 3 months of being lied to by this company and another place was able to fix it within a couple hours. Don’t let them waste your time like they did mine. There are a myriad of other places that are far better, because I can’t imagine any of them could possibly be worse.

Description of Work
attempted dishwasher repair

12/14/2020

Kim H.

Horrible customer service Forced to use them because they are the only option for Samsung warranty. Oven controller went out. Called them Nov 16 soonest out Nov 30th. No oven for thanksgiving. Come out Nov 30 here for ten minutes need to order part. Parts arrive two days later and they won’t be out until Dec 16th. 33 days without oven during holidays. Asked to be on cancel list and made myself available at any time. They did not care. Will never recommend as they really don’t seem to be trying even when you call. I guess I’m not paying for it as it is a warranty. But I will never use them or recommend them for any work.

Description of Work
Warranty repair Samsung

11/17/2020

Marco V.

I had a very bad experience with Sharper Service Solutions for my Samsung washer - I ended up posting a formal complain to Samsung and requested a different company to fix it. They have bad manners, no communication skills and they laid to me. This is what happened: - 10/29 a brand new Samsung washer broke down. I called Samsung and opened a ticket; one/two business days later Shaper called me to set an appointment for 11/14. I requested sooner but didn't have any availability (two weeks just for a visit! - no comment). - 10/31 Sharper technician came over to my place to replace the door of my Samsung dryer (that was previous issue - there was a scratch on it and I requested a replacement). He also checked the washer and confirmed it was broken. He told me he had to order a spare part (new main board) and he would do that on Monday. - time goes by, no communication from Sharper or spare part received. I texted the technician few times to remind him to order the spare part - no answer. Then I called Sharper on 11/12 to get an update - they told me no spare part was ordered. That was the first surprise - I asked clarifications why and they told me they need to come over before ordering a spare part. I tried to explain Sharper technician already did. The front-desk person was not listening and kept repeating the same sentence. I asked confirmation for the appointment on Saturday 11/14 and he confirmed it. - 11/14 waited all day long at home - no call, no technician came over. Called the technician three times, left a voice message, texted him, called Sharper and left a message. No one called me back. I also called Samsung for an escalation. It's not acceptable no one showed up and no communication received the day of the appointment. - 11/16 I called Sharper and they told me they are waiting for Samsung to approve the replacement part. I asked when the request to authorize the order was posted and he told me some time ago. That a lie - on 11/14 I talked to Samsung and they didn't receive any spare part authorization request. Sharper also mentioned on 11/12 no order was posted. Then he changed version and he said the spare part would be ordered today. The tone of the Sharper representative on the call was bad - instead of apologizing since they didn't come over and provide any update, he was rude and at one point hung up the phone, while I was sharing the impact on my family due to the poor service I was getting. I called Samsung again to complain - requested a new service company and posted a formal complaint. This is the first and last time I do any business with Sharper Service Solutions.

Description of Work
Samsung washer fix

09/04/2020

Jamie P.

Tech showed up once and ordered parts. Tech show up a second time to put parts in. The tech started a test run and left. 30 minutes later my kitchen was flooded. I called in and was told the tech would not come back out until late the next morning. I was told to pull the dishwasher out to see if I could tell where the leaking was coming from. The next day the tech showed up and told me she couldn’t find a leak and ordered more parts. If that time she left my dishwasher in the middle of my kitchen unhooked and tore apart and told me should be back when the parts came in. Three days later I was called and told the parts were on back order from world pool and they had no control. As I was re-installing my dishwasher I realized my brand new hardwood floors are buckling from water damage. I have called and emailed the company three times and Paul the supervisor has yet to return my phone calls or emails.

Description of Work
New dishwasher not pumping water to wash.

10/01/2018

Lety D.

Lowe’s Home Improvement sent this horrible company to check on a leaking brand-new top of the line LG washing machine that was still under warranty. The inexperience technician tied the main drain water hose with a loose zip tie to the water lines. After a few weeks of use the motion of the washing machine shimmied the loosely placed zip tie getting that water drain hose off the wall and draining on the floor. This water made it downstairs through our kitchen lights!! We foolishly trusted that they knew what they were doing and didn’t see the horrible way they set the washing mashing back after working on the warranty. Now this warranty inspection has cause us so much damage. We just finish building our new home and now we must deal with this water damage because they done even have the decency to come and see what their incompetence has caused us. HORRIBLE - Horrible company and appalling customer service!!! STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!

Description of Work
LG washing machine under warranty.

08/18/2018

Merlin M.

Needed a service repair (ice maker) on an out of warranty Samsung refrigerator. The two local companies that service the Tacoma, WA area did not respond to the email request. I attempted to make an appointment with some other local companies, but they did not service Samsung. It took three calls to the Samsung company to find a service repair. The first wouldn't be able to come out for a month to look at the appliance. The second wanted to charge $100 for the diagnostics, and that amount was not applied to any service or parts. Although Sharper Service Solutions is based in the Portland, OR area, they do provide service to the Tacoma, WA area. They were able to come to my house the next day, had the necessary parts on hand, and fixed the refrigerator in about 90 minutes. Although it seems that repairs are always more than what we want to pay, it was a fair price. The technician also provided information about possible other problems to watch out for based on his service experience. I highly recommend.

Description of Work
Refrigerator repair

01/12/2018

Kathleen H.

He was very knowledgeable and helpful.

Description of Work
Our washing machine was not filling with hot water when selected. Roy checked over the entire machine & advised us which cycle would actually result in hot water & explained why other cycles result in warm water even when hot is chosen.

11/25/2017

David H.

Great. Roy checked over machine and explained how to get hot water to fill machine..

Description of Work
Washing machine did not fill with hot water, only cold or warm.

07/26/2017

Florence R.

Excellently. The repairman arrived on time, was courteous and fully competent. He did a thorough check of the dryer's functioning,cleaned the vent from the inside, listened to my concerns and did a good job of explaining things to me. This was a service provided within a maintenance agreement I had purchased at the time of buying the dryer so there was no additional charge at this time.

Description of Work
Annual clothes dryer check up.

06/22/2017

Julia H.

The worker was great and very friendly. The work took maybe a half hour and he left the area clean.

Description of Work
They came out to fix the start button on my washer.

12/27/2016

MARCIA T.

Sharper Service was contacted by the company holding my extended warranty to repair a problem with my refrigerator. The icemaker door dispenser was not closing properly, letting cold air escape and warm air enter the freezer. A previous attempt to repair the issue by another service company did not resolve the issue. When Brian first assessed the situation, he immediately knew which parts were needed for the icemaker. Additionally, he noted the bottom hinges on the doors needed to be replaced. Sharper Service ordered the parts and Brian returned to repair both issues. Not only am I impressed with Brian’s knowledge, integrity, and skill, I am also impressed with Sharper Service as a company. All communication from the office staff was prompt, pleasant and professional. When a snow and ice storm was predicted for the day Brian was scheduled to return, the office called and rescheduled the service call to the following week. This is a company that puts its employees’ safety ahead of company profit.

Description of Work
Refrigerator under warranty: icemaker door dispenser and hinges at bottom of doors.

08/19/2016

Randy M.

I was impressed with how easy it was to schedule an appointment and was excited to see they would be able to provide Service the next day after making the appointment. I received a follow up email from Sharper Service Solution stating I would receive a call from the technician by 9am the day of your appointment to provide you with a 2 hour window for his arrival. I received a call from the technician at 9:30 and he said he would be out between 12:30 and 2. I stated perfect and we hung up the phone. At 2:42 i tried calling the technician back to see if i could get an update on the status of the repair. He answered and hung up as soon as i said my name. I tried again a few minutes later thinking we might have been disconnected and got the same result. I had another Service person out to the house for a different repair so I hung around until after 4:00 and never received a phone call or did anyone ever show up. I understand that things sometimes take longer than planned but I never even received a phone call. If thats how they handle their new customers I'm glad i found out before paying for any work.

Description of Work
Repair of a LG Dryer

08/21/2015

ANN M.

This is the perfect case of why you should always check Angie's List before calling a company. Had I done so, I would have seen the 30% "F" review ratio. I called Sharper Service to repair the ice maker in my Samsung refrigerator. On the scheduled day, I waited for the call from the tech to give me a two-hour window in which to expect him. He arrived and told me an ice cube was jammed in the maker preventing the lever from moving which caused the ice making process to stop. He removed the cube, and told me I should have ice in about 20 minutes. I thought it odd he did not wait to make sure it was indeed functioning and even mentioned that I would be calling if it still did not work. The invoice was for $79.95. Approximately 4 hours later, I left a message on their answering machine saying it still was not making ice. I expected to receive a call first thing in the morning (they open at 8:30) to let me know they would be returning that day; I didn't. Having stayed home all the previous day, I wanted to know exactly when to expect them, so I called at 9:00 am. The person who answered said the tech's schedule was full, but he could offer me an appointment the following Wednesday (five days later)! I told him I expected to be put on the priority list as they were supposed to have fixed it yesterday. He told me he could not bump another customer for me, which I found unbelievable because he was fine bumping me, a customer who had already paid for service which was not performed. He said he would call the tech to find out if he could make it today. I called back later asking if he had any news, and he said he had to leave a message for the tech. I again restated that an existing customer should have priority and wanted him to call me back in 45 minutes to give me an update. He said he would see what he could do and get back to me. After more than three hours of not hearing from him, I gave up and called another company. To be fair, the tech was perfectly nice and seemed knowledgeable, but should have been trained to make sure his work was complete prior to leaving. The words "customer service" have no meaning to Sharper.

Description of Work
Ice-maker repair in Samsung refrigerator.

06/22/2015

James S.

Made appointment through Lowe's for repair of my Samsung Ice Maker. Sharper contacted me to set up first appointment for 16 June, I explained issue with ice maker. He said he would need to order parts, but still wanted to make visit. I asked if he knows he needs part why not just order them. Scheduler was adamant that they had to come out. We set the date of the appointment, was told they would call with two hour window. At around 10:00 I called Sharper's offices to find out if they were still coming out. I got a call short time later they would be out between 1:00 and 3:00. The technician did not show until 4:40. Sure enough, he said he needed to order parts. Second appointment, Sharper called the following day to set appointment. Gave me a date of 19 June, I told the gentleman I needed to check my calender and I would him right back. About five minutes later I called Sharper's offices, and the gentleman said appointment was not longer available. I asked him what the deal was, and said there was a mistake when they originally called, but they would fit me in. The day of the 19th was the same service from the 16th. I called the office around 10:00. Andrew, claimed his guy was running behind but would be out between 4:00 and 6:00, and the technician would call at 3:00. I asked him if he was sure, since it was Friday that seemed kind of late. At 4:30 I called again, I got the same answer. At 6:00 I got the answering machine. Worst experience I've ever had with a Lowe's Third Party Contractor .

Description of Work
Showed up two hours late for first appointment. Did not show up for second appointment.

03/02/2015

Tom A.

The repairman quickly diagnosed the problem as some sort of blockage that prevented the drum from turning. He had the panels off of the dryer in about 10 minutes and found a sock wedged against the fan, which prevented it from turning and, in turn, stopped the drum. Removal of the sock got everything going again. While he had the panels off, he also cleaned out a buildup of lint in the exhaust. Very professional, efficient and friendly.

Description of Work
Repaired our Samsung dryer that was not working. When the start button was pushed, the dryer would hum, but the drum would not rotate.

12/17/2014

Tracy S.

The service tech documented the faulty parts on the fridge, and then advocated to the warranty people to cover the parts. He was so knowledgeable about the parts and why they needed to be replaced by warranty that he was able to get them to pay for the parts!! He made sure the entire fridge was operational before leaving. He arrived on time, leaving a neat work area, explained the work and products thoroughly. He informed us about other services they could provide in the future.

Description of Work
replaced faulty door shelves in fridge.

08/11/2014

doug J.

We called through the warranty service, and they were out the next day. They were prompt and did the service we expected, we hadn't given much thought to the service because the warranty service paid for everything.

Description of Work
They fixed a dishwasher for us that was still under warranty.

07/16/2014

Patricia V.

The tech arrived on time, coordinating his arrival so I could leave work in time to meet him. He explained that the small box covered the pipe that is connected to the ice maker- except I don't have that feature. The screw that held the box together had been stripped (it was always kind of loose). I felt rather silly for calling (the service call was covered under warranty), but the tech was kind and thoroughly explained how my refrigerator works better than the original installers had done. In all, the tech was professional, punctual, and very kind. I would definitely call this service (they are based in Portland but have techs in the Seattle area) if I needed help with a large appliance repair.

Description of Work
A small box in the freezer compartment of my 2-year old refrigerator came loose and the freezer made a clunking sound-- and I wasn't sure if it had damaged the cooling system. The service tech came to inspect the problem and fix it if needed under my extended warranty.

02/21/2014

ROBERT R.

Sharper was able to schedule a service call in 2 days and I was called ahead of time with a 2 hour window followed by another call when on the way. The repairman identified the problem as a defective pump. By chance, he had a replacement on the truck and did a change out. The first time we did a load of wash, we noted that at the end of the cycle, we had several quarts of water on the floor. Made an immediate phone call and the office was very responsive and able to schedule a return call for the next day. The repairman determined that the replacement pump seal was defective. They had a pump at the shop (my guess is that the pump goes out a lot) and they returned the next day to replace. All is now working properly. I have rated quality as a B because I think the repairman should have checked the first new pump to insure that is was appropriately sealed. At the same time, this may have been an unusual event, so I am understanding that you cannot always get everything 100% right. The office and repairman were very responsive to our plight and I would use/recommend Sharper, should I have a need in the future (I hope I do not have the need).

Description of Work
Three year old out of warranty LG washer began showing error codes indicating a water level problem and would not complete a wash cycle. I assumed that washers had become so complex that it was best to get someone familiar with the brand. Sharper is the only LG official service available in Portland. As we did no price comparison, I am not able to evaluate. Price was more than I wanted it to be - but I have no basis for comparison.

01/28/2014

ELAINE M.

.So, a week later, Monday Jan 27th I called the office and asked that someone please call me. I spoke with David and he was filled in and said either he or the general manager, Paul, would call me back that day! No phone call on Monday! Today, Tuesday I called and left a message and finally got a call back from Paul. He told me Sony no longer carried the lenses for TVs, and hadn't for a couple of years! So, I am left with no Sony TV and 2 months down the hole. I asked if they had a direct line to someone at Sony I could speak with about my TV and was told he could not give me a phone number So, here I am almost 2 months to the day and in the exact situation I was in from day one. DO NOT do business with Sharper Service Solutions. Save yourselves a massive headache and tons of wasted time! Customer Service is totally lacking as well as general respect for a client. I learned the hard way!

Description of Work
Referred by Sony to take a look at as they are Sony representatives. Placed call 11/29/13 and Chris came out and said he needed to order a part and we had to see if Sony would cover the costs. Sony said they would pay and Chris from Sharper Video said it would take about a month to get the part in. I had to initiate the call the first week of Jan and was told they would have Chris out to install it. He shows up and says it isn't the part that is needed. He orders another part shows up and doesn't have the part with him! He goes back to the shop and come over and says that this wasn't the right fix either. It looks like it may need a new lens and he would call to check to see if Sony would pay for the lens.

Category tv repair

10/26/2013

Jois B.

In August Sharper Appliance Repair came to my house to fix the freezer (bottom of fridge) in my Samsung refrigerator. The whole bottom of the fridge had a layer of ice on it and the vege bins each had an inch of water. When the technician first came out to diagnose, he told me the problem and said he would need to order 2 parts. He said when the parts came in, they would call. After 2 weeks, no call. When I called, they said the parts weren't available. They didn't call to tell me that. I had to call them. I called Samsung to see what I should do. They contacted Sharper and it turns out it had been a misunderstanding. They did have the parts. So they came out and worked on the unit. The technician who came out was punctual, helpful, and polite. Fast forward 2 months...the top drawer of the freezer is completely iced over. Ice cubes are a solid block of ice. All of the food in the drawer has a thick layer of frost. I call Sharper to arrange for them to come out and take a look. I wanted them to look at it because I was fairly certain that the part they put in isn't working. When I called to make the appointment, I made it very clear to the person I spoke with that I am a teacher and I could not be home until 3:00. She assured me she would try her best to have them come out after 3, but there were no guarantees. They day the are suppose to come I get a call saying they will be there between 11 and 1. To me this showed a great deal of disregard for the customer. I understand if it didn't work out to come in the late afternoon, but there was no indication given that the time I was available was even taken into consideration. If the message had been, and quot;We are sorry we won't be able to be there at 3:00. We know you won't be home until then. We will need to reschedule,and quot; I would have been satisfied. But there was no acknowledgement of that at all. When I called and spoke with the scheduler, he did not see any reason for me to be upset. He kept saying, and quot;We can't guarantee anything.and quot; I patiently explained that by totally ignoring my time request, the impression they are giving is they don't care enough about the customer to acknowledge her request even if they can't satisfy the request. When they called for me to reschedule, I had the same conversation with him again. There is not way they are going to be there when I need them to unless it is convenient for them. He was completely inflexible. and quot;The customer is always rightand quot; is definitely NOT a part of their employee training. I'm not really sure how that is good business.

Description of Work
The provider was suppose to come to my house and look at the freezer that they "fixed" in August.

07/23/2013

tye S.

I don't know if there is enough room to tell my story I am a 63 year old nurse that bought a $2000.00 refrigerator at Best Buy less than a year ago. I bought the extended warranty. I noticed that although the lights were on inside the refrigerator it was no longer cold. I had some leaking underneath the refrigerator. I called LG who set up an appointment with Sharper Service Solutions (SSS). That appointment was for Wednesday.7-10-13 SSS called me an noted that they will not be able to come out till Friday morning. I said well I was told you would first come Wednesday and then Thursday and now Friday morning. I said my food is spoiling and refrigerator is not working and now you can come till Friday morning. They did not care about my problems. Friday morning SSS called and said they would not not be here till Friday afternoon. So on Friday 2 men in an unmarked pickup come intro my garage. They have no ID and do not identify themselves as repair men. I finally say are you sub contractors for LG and one fella says yes. I find out later his name is and quot;J.......and quot; He says he is here to fix the leak. I say I don't have a leak I have a refrigerator that is not working. He says again he was told to come fix a leak and I say again my refrigerator is not working. He has no idea about the controls on the front of my refrigerator. he pushes buttons. I want to tell him I read the 52 page warranty manual and its not the buttons. he asks me no questions and gets on the phone. he talks to someone I have no idea who. J says that person thinks it is the control panel. I say well are you telling me you cant fix the refrigerator today? MY food is rotting. He doesn't care. J says the guy on the phone says a part will need to be ordered. It is now to late too order the part and it wont come till next week cause now it is Friday afternoon. He is not sure if this will fix the problem. J wants me so sign his (ipad) authorizing something? I say well you haven't done anything I don't know what you want me to sign. I learned long ago to not sign what you cant read. I ask him for a business card and he gives me one and walks out the door with his friend. I am at a loss as what to do now. J had no more understanding of what was wrong with the frig than I did. I called his supervisor/David who was mean and nasty and condescending till I said I would write a Angies review and then he became sweet. He didn't care that all my food was spoiled. David didn't care that if they would have come out on time that maybe my food would not have spoiled. David calls me back and says that they cant order a part with out the certificate I say I presented it to J but he didn't want it. Now Dave says well he cant order a part without the certificate. I then say well I have bee n talking to LG and another service company will come out but now cant come till I get back. Now one week later all food is spoiled.. Probably about $750.00. So today a professional company came out to look at the refrigerator and do some stuff behind the frig and believe that the fan and maybe the control panel are at fault. If I would have waited for SSS they would have still had to come out several more times after ordering a control panel and then finding out it need a fan also.. It was terrible. Sharper Service Solutions if J the repairman is their minimum standard employee it is a company with very poor quality employees both professionally, personally. My goodness a 2 year old could have done what J did. this ;was just a terrible experience. I have also mentioned it to LG because they sent sharper service solutions out. Still on my 3rd week of no working refrigerator. Living out of a cooler :)

Description of Work
Came out to hopefully repair my 1 year old expensive refrigerator. LG referred this company to me

03/15/2013

Katelin T.

The most recent issue with my dryer was frustrating for me because it was no longer under warranty and it was the second time we had issues with this under 3 year old LG dryer. I had a very difficult time trying to get my work schedule to be flexible enough to have a Sharper technician come out. They were so great in trying to work with my schedule. They called when they said they would and were always very nice on the phone. It took 3 attempts but I was able to find a time that worked for both of us. I only had a short window of time and the technician came out in that time, fixed the problem and was on his way. I was very happy they were so accommodating and had the knowledge and experience. The technician turned on the dryer, heard the noise, diagnosed the problem, and gave me a quote within 2 minutes of walking in the door. He made sure he was done in the time frame I needed and was very nice. I wish I hadn't had to pay for it, but that wasn't their fault. I would feel confident hiring them again when I need another appliance serviced.

Description of Work
We bought our LG dryer new in April of 2010 and it started making a high pitched noise in January of 2011. LG set us up with Sharper and they came out and fixed the problem. Then in March of 2013 it started making a ratting sound. I called LG and they once again set us up with Sharper who came out and fixed it again.

05/23/2012

Donna S.

I got excellent service from Sharper. The telephone response was very cordial and appropriate. The technician got there the next day and diagnosed the problem, and we are now waiting on parts. I have had the unit serviced by two other companies, and Sharper is the best. When the parts come in, they are going to service the unit right here at my home. They won't have to take it away and disappear with it. They haven't finished yet, but I feel very confident. The magnetron has a ten year warranty, so that will cover all of the parts and labor. The tech made that possible.

Description of Work
They gave me an estimate for replacing the magnetron in my microwave oven.