Mountain View Tree Service

Founded 2007 • With Angi since March 2011

2485 Silverton Rd

Salem, OR 97301

Welcome to Mountain View Tree Service! Mountain View Tree Service provides tree care to Portland, OR. As a locally owned and operated tree service, we provide friendly, dependable care to those seeking something extra. We have our own boom lift and crane, respond promptly in emergencies, perform

09/20/2022

Kurt W.

We live in a suburb of Portland and had this company remove a couple of trees and were very pleased with the job that they did. Not only were they the best value, but they did a great job and cleaned everything up afterwards. Then our next door neighbors used them and then their neighbors on the other side used Mountain View also. It's a blessing to have a professional company that one doesn't have to fight with to get things done. We won't hesitate to call them again if we have another storm that damages our trees.

Description of Work
2 trees were removed

Category landscaping, tree service

10/05/2021

Cynthia T.

They did a great job with the tree removal and cleanup.

Description of Work
Tree removal

04/07/2021

Anusha D.

Mountain View Tree Service is an excellent company we will certainly use again for our future arborist and tree cutting work. After an initial misunderstanding about the services requested, the office and management quickly cleared up the issue, and completed all requested work. They were punctual, responsive, professional, and provided high quality work. Can't ask for anything more!

Description of Work
Take down standing Oak over garage, take fallen oak off of barn, cut up for firewood, and chip remaining branches.

02/14/2021

gwen S.

This is my first, and probably only review, I will ever write. Yet, I am so impressed and grateful for their service I feel indebted to share my experience. Even though a company employee said that they received over 400 calls between 0100-0400 during the recent ice storm, they were able to get to my home, which had HUGE branches (trunk size) dangling above and UPON my roof. I was fearful of roof damage. Plus there was a huge, think Goliath size, 8-10"-diameter, car-length-long branch hanging up in the middle of the tree, straight down, which below was the street. That "abor-dagger" was a horrible accident waiting to happen. Around 17:30 they arrived, and within two hours it was all cleaned up and the massive oak and cedar trees trimmed and safe for another day. I am so thankful for their service, their FRIENDLINESS, and their timeliness. From the very first person I spoke with to the end they all listened and offered their best service. THANK YOU!!! I don't know what this service cost, I offered to pay last night but they said they will bill me. (I think more work and sleep were higher priorities)

Description of Work
emergency tree work after ice storm

02/18/2020

Lowell C.

I don't normally review work that was done but Mt. View Tree service was exceptional . Originally when they came out to do the work I noticed afterwards that the Hawthorne wasn't done to what I expected. I called and Jamos came out and agreed that things needed to be redone. He came with his crew. John, I think that was his name, did the work in the tree. Jamos directed and it was done absolutely to perfection. I can't recommend them enough. Not only is their intergrity unmatchable but they are an incredibly friendly and skilled group of workers. Their price was also very reasonable to other tree services I contacted beforehand. Truly a great group doing superb work. I recommend them highly. Thanks.

Description of Work
I needed an arbor vitae removed, a fir and Hawthorne pruned back from the house.

Category tree service

We're happy to know that you're pleased with the final result. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

09/06/2019

carey L.

Mountain View Tree Service was prompt and professional.

Description of Work
Tree trimming and removal

Category tree service

It was great working with you [Member Name Removed]!

03/06/2019

KATHLEEN W.

The arborist examined all my trees and took notes on each one. Pruning of four and cabling/bracing of one were recommended. The crew did a great job of thinning the trees of dead and crossing branches. They all look better now! The arborist inserted two cables into a double-trunked maple to prevent splitting.

Description of Work
Examination of my trees, pruning recommendation, pruning and cabling

Category tree service

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback! We're very glad to hear that you're pleased with the final result and that our team continues to provide excellent service. Have a blessed day!

11/19/2018

Susan H.

Came out to appraise job. Showed up on time for bid as well as scheduled job. Very capable crew got after this big job. Were patient with me while I suggested this or that branch removal. Cleaned up. Gone in under three hours. Excellent service.

Description of Work
Pruned, shaped, repaired ten mature trees

09/08/2018

Richard H.

After having the estimate done, appointment was set up for the work to be done. After the appointment was set, the company had an opening a week earlier and we moved the job to then. Both the three birch trees and the two hawthornes were trimmed perfectly. On a side note, one of my neighbors had several piles of tree branches from when they did their own tree work and the crew was good enough to get them as well.

Description of Work
Birch & Hawthorne tree trimming

05/04/2018

Larry C.

Very jmpressive across the board. Showed up punctually, got right to work, took down three threes and left us a pile of wood chips and a pile of firewood as requested. An hour and a half after arrival, they had cleaned up and were done. Very pleased with this crew and Mountain View will get more business from me.

Description of Work
Removal of three dead trees near driveway

03/23/2018

Ellen C.

Mountain View Tree Service pruned a very large and overgrown variety of cherry tree and topped an arborvitum. They were respectful of our neighbor's yard where a number of branches were hanging and cleaned up very well. They asked how we wanted the tree pruned and made suggestions before starting to make sure that we were on the same page. The tree looks fantastic and they were extremely professional during the job.

Description of Work
Tree pruned

03/15/2018

Claudia R.

They were good. Gave me a good price. They paid attention how the tree would look after the service..They helped me set up a landscaping which I didn't asked them to do.

Description of Work
They trimmed the parts of the tree that was hanging over the roof.

03/07/2018

Gina W.

It went wonderfully. The office staff were polite, knowledgable, informative; treated me as a person and not just a customer to gouge pricing on. The pricing was very reasonable. The crew was great as well; friendly, safe awareness, quick; they did a great job of cleaning up too. Very satisfied customer.

Description of Work
A large Boxelder tred cut down in front yard, it was too close to our home.

06/15/2017

GREG O.

Mountain View's Portland crew showed up as scheduled and did a great job, being sure not to let the limb damage anything when it came off. They were friendly and professional. They cleaned up the mess made from sawing and sectioning the limb. In fact, they left my yard cleaner than they found it -- they blew all the spruce needles off the roof of my shed that had been collecting for a year. I have had other tree services do things in the past and was never happy, but I can't say enough good things about Mountain View. I will definitely be using them for any future tree services.

Description of Work
A storm broke a massive limb on a spruce tree, causing it to dangle precariously over our back yard. Too big and too high to cut it off myself.

Category tree service

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are pleased to have had the opportunity to provide you with our services and look forward to working with you in the future!

05/18/2017

Linn H.

Great job project on time and budget

Description of Work
Cut down remove and grind out stump and roots of two trees.

Category tree service

We're always pleased to hear that we're providing the best possible service at affordable prices. Thank you for your review! We look forward to working with you again.

04/11/2017

Cynthia W.

It went well. The appointment was scheduled quickly within a couple of weeks and the crew showed up on time. They were very knowledgeable and professional.

Description of Work
Massive silver maple needed pruning

Category tree service

Thank you for your feedback, we're pleased to hear that you received the best possible service we can provide. We look forward to working with you again and exceeding your expectations.

03/31/2017

Liz D.

Excellent! Very professional and knowledgeable team.

Description of Work
Tree pruning, hedge row height and width reduction, orchard pruned for fruit, tree removal. They also have the right equipment necessary for their work. Their 4 person team was also incredibly fast! We would definitely hire them again!

Category tree service

Thank you very much for the review, you were a wonderful customer to provide services too and we look forward to working with you again!

03/28/2017

Stanley K.

I only received a bid and went with a lost price service.

Description of Work
I had one large oak tree removed from the backyard.

Category tree service

[Member Name Removed], We were glad to have met you to go over your tree service needs and look forward to another opportunity to provide you with an estimate and possibly do your work. Kind regards, Laureen Mt. [Member Information Removed] Tree Service

01/12/2017

Lori L.

He was very good. They got back to me right away. They did an excellent job. They were just wonderful.

Description of Work
They took care some trees. The gave me some quotes and advice on how I might handle a situation where i have too many trees, but I'm worried about what it's going to look like after I take them out. They did some tree work for me, they took out the roots, they did some stump work and trimming.

Category tree service

[Member Name Removed], It was a pleasure doing tree work for you! Thank you for trusting us with your property and trees. We look forward to working with you again in the future. Kind regards, Laureen Mt. View Tree Service LLC

12/19/2016

Kevin G.

The work is beyond excellent, I'm very happy with them. They are easy to work with, they are very thorough and accommodating.

Description of Work
Tree removal for VERY large trees

Category tree service

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for choosing us to do your work! We're always glad to hear that there is another satisfied customer who has received our services and hope to work with you again in the future. Kind regards, Laureen Mt. View Tree Service LLC

05/12/2016

Jan D.

Great job...crew was prompt, speedy & thorough...took extra time to clarify instructions & ensure their efforts were satisfactory...

Description of Work
Cut down small tree, reduced size of laurel shrub by 10' +/-, removed small branches from other trees

Category landscaping

Thank you for the review, we look forward to working with you again!

02/15/2016

David M.

These guys have done several jobs for us over the past few years and we keep calling them back. They show up on time and get the job done. They always do a good job of cleaning up the mess when they are finished, and are respectful of neighbors, traffic and parking. The arborists have always done a good job when pruning back or removing tall trees or hedges. I have never had them prune small ornamentals or fruit trees so I can't comment on that. I am always nervous about letting someone loose with a chainsaw on my trees and shrubs, but these guys always do nice work.

Description of Work
Cut a laurel hedge back to half height and completely removed another small laurel hedge. Ground out stumps for that hedge and for a couple of other trees and shrubs.

Category tree service

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for giving us the opportunity to continue to serve you. We're glad to hear you're pleased once again!

03/03/2015

Duane & Catherine A.

I had a large fruit tree cut down. I am pretty satisfied with the tree cutting, we were not initially happy with the hedge trimming. We received a call from the manager in reference to the first review we submitted. He came out to look at our hedge. He brought us a check for the amount that we paid to have the hedging done. Our situation had changed and we were then looking to remove the hedge as our neighbors were installing a fence. He sent over a crew at no charge to remove the hedge. He really stood behind his work.

Description of Work
They cut down a huge tree and did some hedging.

Category tree service

[Member name removed], we deeply apologize for your disappointment. The crew member that came out to do your hedge July 17, 2014 is no longer with us and the owner will be contacting you today to make it right.

06/27/2014

Glenda B.

Everything was performed just as we talked about and all of the workers were very professional and I thought the price was good for everything that was trimmed. Also the cleanup was done well when they were done.

Description of Work
Trimmed up several trees and overhanging limbs on the property line.

05/20/2014

Maya W.

They did an amazing job. Their equipment is like new and obviously well maintained. They all worked diligently and seemed to sense what was needed from each other to do this precision removal. Even my neighbor shared that she watched and was amazed. The guy working in the high air lift is a unique individual (it would be easy to judge him on his looks) so one needs to watch him work and see that he understands trees and how they are going to come down to appreciate the unique artistry he brings to the job. Not everyone can do this work. It was a long day but they kept at it. They cleaned up after themselves as they went along. Very professional and competent crew. I would hire them again.

Description of Work
Removed a very large Big leaf Maple Tree next to our home. It required strategic removal of branch and trunk sections. They cut the wood into 16" lengths for firewood.