American Gutter Service Inc

With Angi since July 2005

2091 S 1st St

Saint Helens, OR 97051

Here at American Gutter Service Inc. we are specialists in new construction and replacements of gutters and downspouts. We offer a wide variety of colors and all are installed and fabricated on the job for the right fit. We have 10 year labor warranty on installation and 40 year paint warranties. We offer the following: • Continuous rain gutters • Leaf protection systems • Affordable prices • Gutter cleaning and repair Call us today for your free estimate, we look forward to talking with you....

06/29/2020

Lynn N.

I never received a call back, tried to call and voicemail box was full so could not even leave a message. I went elsewhere

Description of Work
get a quote for replacing existing gutters

08/13/2015

Mary R.

It didn't...........

Description of Work
This company does not follow up with customers when they call. I called several times to get them here. I did get one estimate which was a fair price, but they failed to take into the consideration that I have caps on my gutters. I believe they just did a drive by to get the estimate, either I wasn't home (which I usually am) or no one came to the door so I never got to explain to them about the caps. The last time I contacted them they told me they would certainly be by in a couple of days to give me another estimate on what they could do, that was two weeks ago and I still haven't heard from them. I realize that this is a busy season but it is disrespectful not contact someone with at least an explanation. They have left me hanging far too many times.

09/10/2013

Sunni L.

They did an excellent job! They were professional and very thorough in what they have done. The actual owner of the company came out and gave a bid and knew exactly what he was talking about if there were some difficult areas and there was no question as to what was being done or what needs to be done and how to take care of it. I got three bids. It was $100 under the high bid and $20 over the low bid. So the price was very fair.

Description of Work
American Gutter Service replaced our gutters.

06/10/2013

Valerie M.

They did a very nice job. They recommended a couple other companies for other work. They worked very hard into twilight. It looks very nice. They installed very nice gutter guards as well.

Description of Work
I called them out to install new aluminum gutters on my home

10/27/2011

Phurithat K.

On time, and clean up well. Would like a note when completed though, the crew just left after working on the roof, so I assume it is completed.

Description of Work
install gutter guard to prevent future clogging. Vendor also offered to repair gutter and clean up where necessary.

02/09/2011

RICHARD P.

American Gutter was hired at the recommendation of our trusted roofer, and we were not disappointed. The quality of the installation seems quite good and the price fair.

Description of Work
Installed 200 feet of 5" K Gutter, 100 feet of downspouts and related hardware.

09/30/2009

Carol P.

Work went well even though installers discovered that the roofing company I hired had nailed the flashing to the old gutters causing more work for the installers.

Description of Work
Replaced gutters and added two additional downspouts. Also installed metal screen covers.

09/23/2009

Beeman S.

It didn't.

Description of Work
Called to get an estimate, they said they'd get back to me with one in a week and never did.

Category gutter cleaning

06/04/2009

James C.

The gutters came down when the snow came off the roof. I did my research on Angie's list and found that several other people found American Gutter Service to be reasonably priced and performed good work. They came out promptly for the estimate but took several weeks to perform the work since lots of other homeowners probably had similar problems. Once they arrived, they did a great job as well as removing the old gutters. The final bill was spot on with the estimate.

Description of Work
Replaced about 160 ft. of gutters with downspouts. Needed some prep work that they don't do, but supplied a very qualified reference who also did an excellent job.

01/26/2009

DAVE D.

They did a reasonably good job, but the final price ended up being more than the initial estimate.

Description of Work
They replaced a gutter that is tied to some bricks.

10/15/2008

Mark L.

American Gutters Service sent me a quote within a week via US Mail. They were the lowest bid. I called to schedule service with them and was told that they were booked a month out. They started work on the date they said, however, they didn't finish the job. I called and was told that they ran out of materials and they would return a few days later to complete the job. The job was completed about a week later. Overall I'm happy with the job -- more so by the fact that I saved some money. Other bids were as high as $700.

Description of Work
Replace five gutters all around my house.

10/11/2008

Chris S.

The job was done with the utmost of care. The installers were neat, friendly and they knew what they were doing. The end product works perfectly and is beautiful!

Description of Work
They installed 156' of new gutters and downspouts.

06/17/2008

HARLEY J.

I was quite pleased that the installation was done while I was not home, and done quickly. The estimate and then the service was done promptly and without bother... I appreciated the quality of the work.

Description of Work
Installed a new gutter, showing a color choice chart which for a modest additional cost eliminated the need to paint to match trim. Excellent installation, and color match was so close I didn't even realize it had been installed until I got the bill. Nice enough to bring them back to do a fine job on my backyard shed, where the gutters and twin downspouts were installed perfectly.

08/07/2007

FRED P.

American Gutter was easily the low bidder; the two other companies contacted were obviously looking for suckers with their high bids of $250-300. Don't get gouged. This was an easy drive-up job that didn't take more than an hour. The crew of three were on time and courteous. I'm very pleased with most aspects of the work. The only thing that I would fault is that the old gutter had a slope away from downspout that caused it to retain water and thus eventually rusted. The new one was initially also installed with the same bad slope, but the crew boss and I spotted that before they left, so they corrected it, no problem.

Description of Work
Replaced a rusted-out 15' section of rain gutter at my residence.

06/07/2007

BRANDY B.

I got 5 bids for new gutters. American Gutter Service was the only company to guarantee their labor for 10 years,and the paint for 50 years. The guys came out on time as scheduled, reviewed the house with me, then removed the old gutters. I was a little worried about my plants around the house, but after I told the guys about my concerns, they were careful about where they put their ladders. The new gutters went up without a hitch, and they put the new downspouts where I wanted them. When they were finished, they asked me to look at everything to make sure it was how I wanted it. They hauled away the old gutters. The new gutters look and work great.

Description of Work
Removed old gutters, installed new seamless gutters and downspouts.

05/05/2007

Justin W.

Their bid came in at half the price of the other bidder, and they were generally speaking quite responsive, so we went with them. They did a nice job, but it wasn't complete - forgot a downspout and left another one unattached. We had to call them and they finished things up two days later. Except for those oversights, American Gutter did a good job.

Description of Work
Complete gutter & downspout replacement.

10/28/2006

SYLVIA A.

We were happy with the work. It was done on time and done well. They had to do the job in two stages because we needed to replace the fascia boards in between, and they were very flexible and accommodating about that.

Description of Work
Replaced the gutters on our house.

08/04/2006

WAYNE R H.

They did a good job.

Description of Work
They put new gutters on our home.

11/14/2005

MARK M.

AFTER CALLING 6 DIFFERENT COMPANIES FOR ESTIMATES, THEY RESPONDED QUICKLY WITH THE LOWEST PRICE ESTIMATE. AMERICAN GUTTER SERVICES HAD THE LOWEST BID, FAR BELOW THE OTHER ESTIMATES. ARRIVED ON TIME, PERFORMED WORK QUICKLY, CLEAN UP AND REMOVED OLD GUTTERS. GOOD PRICE, GOOD WORK, WOULD RECOMMEND AND USE THEIR SERVICES AGAIN.

Description of Work
REPLACED ALL THE GUTTERS ON MY TWO STORY HOME USING MY EXISTING DOWNSPOUTS. STANDARD METAL CONTINUOUS GUTTERS WITH END CAPS WERE INSTALLED.

07/27/2005

IT WAS ADEQUATE. THEY COME OUT AND DID THE WORK. THEY BILL ME WHICH IS THE BIGGEST DEAL BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE TO BE PLACES OR GO OUTSIDE OF THE BUILDING.

Description of Work
THEY CLEANED ALL THE GUTTERS AND DOWN SPOUTS.

Category gutter cleaning