Willamette Valley Moving Inc

Founded 2000 • With Angi since August 2005

3055 NW Yeon Ave

Portland, OR 97210

SUPER SERVICE AWARD WINNER 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013,2014, and 2015. When you enlist the services of Willamette Valley Moving, you are trusting a company that believes in the quality of its employees, the integrity of its services, and a commitment to its customers. We work diligently to provide the perfect moving experience at an affordable price. ODOT #007867...

12/01/2020

Debbra M.

Very good. Plan to hire these folks again in a few weeks.

Description of Work
Moved household goods from one location to another.

06/23/2020

Barbara C.

My first move was from a multi level townhouse to a first floor apartment. The team was polite efficient and professional.

Description of Work
I have used Willamette Valley movers twice. Outstanding in every way both times!

03/25/2020

Greg S.

Excellent ... no surprises (Your survey question “was money paid .....” doesn’t make any sense ... not a yes or no question?

Description of Work
Moving and packing

07/27/2019

Julie L.

Excellent, excellent, excellent service! We can not recommend this moving company enough... they moved a very large and heavy piece of furniture from storage to our home with ease, a second large piece from our garage into the main living area on the first floor and even moved a 4 drawer bed frame with mattress from one room to another. My father in law was present and said “these guys are professional”. Things that we really liked about this company: fast response time, They were early, they rolled floor protectors out, they got along and communicated with each other well. We had 3 gentleman for this move: Gordon, Francisco, and Michael. I would ask for this trio again in a heart beat. Thank you for your efficiency!!

Description of Work
Large 7” Bernhardt sideboard from storage to a home

02/01/2019

Kimberly H.

This is the sixth time I've used WVM and they have been OUTSTANDING each time. They are reliable, professional, careful, and super fast. We have a couple of things that are tricky to move due to age and fragility, and they spent time figuring best way to wrap and carry. They still finished in 4 hours, going 2 places (storage and the new house). I was very organized, which helps any mover, but the one time I was in total chaos, they still handled it with speed and care. Moving is the worst....but they take a lot of the tension out of the mix. Fantastic. The price quoted includes a generous tip.

Description of Work
Moved 3 BR, 2 BA, garage house to apt

01/07/2019

Joe W.

They were on-time and professional.

Description of Work
We only needed them to move some furniture, but they did a great job and were very careful with our stuff.

10/18/2018

R R.

This mover will only work in a very small area. They listed Lincoln City as one of the areas. When they called, they said there would be a travel charge. The estimate to unload a 15' truck was $3000. I found a local company, on my own, and the cost was $80, plus the $40 tip I gave the two local movers. Willamette Valley movers are after the big bucks moves, so if you have a small job, try All American Movers or a local company in the city you are moving to. RR

Description of Work
Unload u-haul truck in Lincoln City

Category moving companies

I would like to thank all Angie's list members for the trust you have put in our company over the past 12 years. This is the first F report we have ever received and feel it may be inaccurate. We service all of Oregon. We charge $125.00 per hour for two men truck and equipment with a two hour minimum. We do charge travel if you are moving out of the area. Lincoln City is approximately two hours one way, So there would be four hours of travel for about an hour unloading a 15 ft truck. That would be $625.00 total. I dont know of any company, moving or otherwise that wouldn't charge for travel time to drive to the Coast. Your report says we quoted you $3000.00 there are only three people that work or answer phones in our office including myself. No one here quoted you $3,000.00 to unload a 15 ft truck in Lincoln City. I think maybe someone else quoted you from a different company and you attributed this to us by mistake. To quote you $3,000.00 would be our rate of $125.00 per hour x 24 hours =$3,000.00. I am pretty sure we didn't quote you 24 hours to unload a truck in Lincoln City. Angie's list is a valuable tool for people to choose a good company. We have enjoyed working with Angie's list customers as they seem more educated and are willing to go the extra mile when trying to find an honest company for their move. We feel that this report is either extremely inaccurate or posted by a competitor as mentioned in the above report that didn't move them, but are obviously referring people to. I hope that Angie's list members will see this report for what is is and continue their continued service with us. Thank you Roger Campbell

08/22/2018

Robert C.

Crew was fast and professional. And I was charged less than quoted. Dry happy.

Description of Work
Small 75 mike move

07/25/2018

Lynn F.

We had 3 different local moves in the past 8 months---from storage to a condo, from one condo to another & from a condo to a house. The guys, David & Justin, were great & did exactly what was needed from setting up beds to putting together an entertainment center. Quality work & a fair price! The approximate cost is a total for 3 different local moves.

Description of Work
Three different local moves.

05/16/2018

JOAN L.

Victor and his team showed up on time. Somehow, they hadn't gotten the message that we wanted the crew to pack us as well as move us, so they quickly called for more people to help. They were very professional, friendly, and willing to move things around once we got to our new home. Our move was complicated as we had a few things going to our vacation home on the Coast. They handled everything well. Not one item was broken.

Description of Work
Packing and moving in town

01/22/2018

Suzanne F.

It went very smoothly and the movers were very solicitous and helpful. Nothing was broken or lost. Movers were Santos, Jose and Carlos.

Description of Work
Moved from a 3 story town home to 2 story town home across town. We boxed all our belongings and they loaded them and furniture on the moving truck, delivered to the new residence and unloaded truck & furniture placing them in the correct room.

01/15/2018

Mary Sheila C.

I had heard of Willamette Moving through my realtor and then I looked them up on Angie's list. I basically needed my furniture, 2 heavy mirrors and 2 large paintings moved . I was able to move all of my smaller items . I called them , the appointment was made , they arrived 15 minutes early , wrapped and protected everything and away we went ! At the house they placed everything perfectly ! They were very pleasant and professional. Yes, the reviews are right ! They are wonderful !

Description of Work
I moved from my Forest Grove condo to a house in Tigard .

11/10/2017

Louis K.

Excellent! They brought 3 movers. Everything was wrapped and labeled very carefully and without mishap. The loading was first rate and absolutely nothing shifted in the move. The team was courteous and efficient. I would not hesitate to use them again.

Description of Work
Needed help loading a uPack trailer for a move.

09/20/2017

BARBARA B.

It went great. They were really careful with everything and wrapped up the furniture in plastic wrap to prevent scratches and dings. Kept track of where everything was going in the new house and kept track of hardware that went with the furniture that came loose. They did everything we wanted them to and were very careful with everything. Besides wrapping the wooden or glass furniture, they put down runners to cover the carpet and floors. They were recommended by a friend and I would recommend them too.

Description of Work
Moved from one house to another in the area. Also, picked up a piano on the way to the first house and loaded it into the truck to be delivered with my other furniture. We had moved most of the boxes already, so they mostly moved the furniture. There were some things we were going to sell but not move and they moved them down to the garage as we requested.

Category moving companies,piano moving

09/17/2017

Nancy K.

From start to finish, this company was very professional. The movers arrived on time, were very courteous, and worked diligently to get the job of packing and moving completed without any problems. I've given several friends Willamette Valley Moving's contact information, and highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Move my household to another city.

09/12/2017

ROBERT D.

First, the moving team did a great job. They were efficient and careful. They completed the task in a timely and professional manned. That said, the management by the company left something to be desired. I was told the movers would be there at 11:00am. They arrived at 9:00am and showed me the scheduling ticket they had been given. Problem was I was across town at the time so ended up paying for a half hour of down time while movers waited for me to arrive. Secondly, management was to arrange for a parking permit (reserved area) in front of the business for loading the truck. Not done. Good news I saved $80 for this lapse in management abilities. Overall happy with the results, but Willamette could do better.

Description of Work
Move professional equipment, furniture, and pre-packed boxes from a second story business to a home garage.

09/08/2017

Mark R.

It was a good experience. There was no damage or anything to my items. Yes I will use them again.

Description of Work
They moved me to a different town.

08/20/2017

MARGO S.

Our move was fantastic! Three movers showed up to load up at our house in Beaverton; they were done in less than three hours. Two movers brought the truck down to Newport the next day; it took longer to unload because there were just two of them, and there were stairs. A lot of stairs. We haven't unpacked everything yet - we're still working on the odds and ends - but so far we haven't found a single item that was damaged. Big screen televisions? Check. Good china and crystal? Check. Cases of wine, in the original shipping boxes? Check. I do not have enough good things to say about this team. They worked very hard. They were way less picky about how things needed to be packed than the big mover we used last time, named B*****. And, the best part? They came in $300 less than the estimate.

Description of Work
Moving our household from Beaverton to Newport.

08/09/2017

B H.

Willamette Valley Movers were excellent. They were punctual, professional, and hard-working. They were gentle and respectful with the property. We were very pleased with their service. I will definitely be calling on them again for the next move!

Description of Work
Helped move from one apartment to another

07/17/2017

Sarah S.

I've moved internally and domestically with a number of different companies and Williamette Valley Moving is the best company I've ever used. They were on time (actually faster than the estimate), professional, careful with my goods, friendly, and came in under estimate. When they arrived in the morning and realized they needed another person to get the job done on time, they brought in another mover within an hour. I was very impressed and would recommend them wholeheartedly.

Description of Work
Packing and moving house

06/19/2017

Bradley F.

Excellent. The 4 man crew was great.

Description of Work
Moving household items to new home

06/14/2017

Gregg V.

It went phenomenal, Both Michael and Shannon moved all my stuff in a short period. It went much faster than I expected, and the fact that they had extra clothing boxes we were able to fill with random bags and small boxes that made the move 10 times faster. I would recommend anyone who is thinking of moving to use them as they are worth the money for the move. I would definitely use them again in the future. Thank you again Michael and Shannon. I hope you have a good rest after getting all my stuff from one place to the other so quickly.

Description of Work
I needed to have my apartment moved.

05/15/2017

Janet M.

I have used movers over 20 times during the past 40 years, in Oregon, California and Nevada. Willamette Moving was by far the best company I have ever dealt with. I have recommended them twice and both times they were used by that person/family. I would have saved a lot of grief had I known about them years ago.

Description of Work
Complicated move from 3000 sq ft house in mountain setting into a small condo AND storage unit.

Category moving companies,storage units

05/03/2017

Ericka H.

Guys arrived, were professional and did not dilly dally. They got to the task at hand and finished in a reasonable amount of time.

Description of Work
I needed a abandoned apartment packed up and moved to storage.

04/19/2017

Eric G.

They did a stellar job and it cost less than even I was anticipating.

Description of Work
I moved from Lake Oswego to Northwest Portland.