Truax Builders Supply Inc

Founded 1946 • With Angi since May 2005

Truax Builders Supply has been meeting the window and door needs of the Portland metro area since 1946! Our sales staff is very experienced and well trained. We are here to help both the professional contractor and the homeowner make informed choices for windows and doors. We don't use any high pressure; we just find out what you want and need, and suggest the best solutions. We also manufacture custom aluminum storm windows and doors, and custom wood windows, doors, storm doors and windows, and wood screen doors. See website for additional products and services....

Renewal by Andersen of Oregon & SW Washington

Renewal by Andersen offers a start-to-finish window and patio door replacement process, where you'll get custom-crafted, energy-efficient replacement windows and doors professionally installed for you. Simply request a free in-home window consultation and you’ll be on your way to enjoying your beautiful new windows and patio doors for years to come.

Window World of Portland Oregon

Window World of Portland is locally owned and operated by owners John Rouse and Bill Mallory. Always committed to bringing the finest exterior solutions to our customers, we have been providing our signature vinyl windows, siding, entry doors, patio doors, storm doors, garage doors, and more to the Portland community since our start in 2007. With a combined 47 years of construction expertise, John and Bill lead our team of estimators, installers, and office staff in our mission to offer remarkable service from the start to finish of every job. Having served over 3,000 homeowners in the region, our business philosophy is based largely on building relationships with customers. We take pride in the value we provide through our service, high-quality products, and years of construction experience.

Offers by Window World of Portland Oregon on Angi
Legit Exteriors

Legit Roofing Co., located in Vancouver, Washington, is a full service, experienced roofing company in the Portland, OR area. We have provided professional and reliable roofing services for both residential and commercial customers! We are committed to offering homeowners and businesses the best quality, service, and price for their roofing needs. Each Legit Roofing Co. project is custom-designed to meet our clients' individual needs, and all of our materials and products are of the highest quality. Our employees are all trained in a wide variety of roofing applications and safety standards. When you need roofing services, look no further than Legit Roofing Co. We are waiting for your business! Also serving Vancouver, Orchards, Hazel Dell, Salmon Creek, Cascade Park, Mill Plain, Battleground, Washougal, Camas, Ridgefield, & Washington.

10/01/2020

We purchased a wooden door through Truax and wound up with a $2000 DIY project. Much to our surprise, they installed an unfinished door and we are now spending a week applying the various coats of stains and finishing coats to make it ready for Portland weather. When we let them know the process wasn't clear to us and we hadn't expected this last phase in the process, they brushed off our feedback...

Description of Work
Purchased and installed front door

05/01/2020

I was doing the job for a elderly 81 year old man. I did a phone order for a window seal. Our small town does not have this type of seal. I expected the item in a sort time as it was a stock item. I paid in full. Now over 8 days and no delivery. I called and the gut said he would call back with information. He never did. I was totally dissatisfied with the service and follow through. Never again.

Description of Work
Install a window IGU unit

12/31/2019

We had a fantastic experience with Truax. Steve and Greg were easy to work with on the front end. We got four quotes and Truax's was competitive. Truax agreed to deliver the doors to us early so we could paint them ourselves ahead of the installation in order to keep costs down, which was not possible with the other contractors. Jason showed up on time to install the doors and was meticulous in hi...

Description of Work
We had two exterior doors replaced with ThermaTru smooth fiberglass doors. One was a 36-in full lite door and the other was a 30-in half lite door. We also had brick moulding replaced around an existing sliding door.

10/27/2015

Initially, Truax was very responsive to my inquiry about replacing a storm window, quickly giving me a quote. When I followed up to book an installation appointment, I got...nothing. Tried a second time...nothing. A third follow-up...crickets. This lack of communication was incredibly disappointing, especially since the Angie's List reviews seem quite positive overall in terms of their actual work...

Description of Work
Truax didn't perform any work because they never responded beyond the original exchange.

Category replacement windows,doors

I apologize for this error on our part. [Member Name Removed] was contacting us through Angie's List, and the message to us from Angie's List apparently went into our Junk folder. We pride ourselves on trying to always provide prompt and friendly customer service, and an error like this is not something we take lightly. We will do our best not to let it happen again.

10/24/2014

It is holding out very good. They build some of their own windows and they have good installers.

Description of Work
They did three sliding basement windows.

Category replacement windows

06/30/2014

I dropped off a window screen that was bent causing bugs to get in my house when the window was opened. They recommended replacing the entire screen which I did. I was surprised how reasonable the price was. My new screen keeps out every but now!

Description of Work
Replace a window screen for average sized window.

06/16/2014

Very happy with the quality of service i received.

Description of Work
Placed a new door for a crawl space under my house. The old door and trim had were very weathered and needed replacing. Truax provided a quote and recommended a new door and trim that would last much longer than the original.

05/09/2014

I thought they were great dealers. They were knowledgeable about the products.

Description of Work
I used Truax Builders Supply Inc. I ordered some windows from them.

Category replacement windows

03/14/2014

These guys have great customer service! Tami was very helpful in helping me choose the doors. She patiently answered my questions over multiple discussions until I made a decision. I was concerned we had dry rot as our back door had been leaking for a while. When Jason came over to install the doors he was very diligent about ensuring there was no dry rot, and installing a nice leak-proof back doo...

Description of Work
We bought a new front door and new back door from Truax. Both were installed, and old doors hauled away.

02/02/2014

Really good. We were very pleased with our new door. Truax employees were very responsive on getting quoted information and having the door completed in the timeline they said they would.

Description of Work
Made a wood storm door with an interchangeable screen / window panel. We installed it ourselves.

Category doors

Sales (quality installation is available) of doors, windows, screen & storm doors, glass installation, screens. We carry many brands including Milgard windows and doors, Marvin windows and doors, Jeld-wen windows, Certainteed windows, Simpson wood doors, Therma-tru doors, Masonite doors, Velux skylights, Thermolite skylights, Rogue Valley doors, Schlage locks, and Emtek locks.

We don't do remodeling, only window and door replacement.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover