THE BLIND GUY - PORTLAND

Founded 1999 • With Angi since October 2005

Oregon
Oregon: Contractors
12/15/2022

Hours are not available for this pro right now. Please check back later.

13500 SW PACIFIC HWY PMB #143

Portland, OR 97223

SALES AND INSTALLATION OF NEW WINDOW COVERINGS...

window treatment (140)blind cleaning (6)home remodeling (3)awnings (3)

11/08/2020

Never received . Came out to the house and complained about not having both parties available. I explained to Rocky my Girlfriend makes the decision on this project. And he had a serious attitude that I was not there. And expressed this to him and he never gave us a quote we asked for. If this is how a business starts with a customer I’d give me business elsewhere .. very disappointed first time homeowner.

Description of Work
Asked for estimate

Category awnings

Work Completed On 11/08/2020

[Member Name Removed] had scheduled our appointment and then forgot about it. His girlfriend was surprised I was there and then very hesitant about being responsible for picking product/color etc. I emailed his product estimate. It may have been routed to his spam file.

08/29/2019

The Blind Guy is incredible! There aren't enough adjectives to describe how great he is. Rocky is professional, knowledgeable, efficient, courteous, and punctual. He listened to me, understood my needs, and had exactly what I wanted in his truck. It took less than three weeks for the custom blinds to arrive. He scheduled the installation for the day after he called to let me know that he had received them. He arrived 15 minutes before our scheduled appointment, which I appreciated. It took him less than 30 minutes to install the three blinds and demonstrate how to operate them. I only wish that I had hired him 6 years ago when I was shopping for other shades for my new home.

Description of Work
Remove and replace three window coverings in my kitchen.

Work Completed On 08/28/2019

06/25/2018

He did a fine job and completed it within my time limitations.

Description of Work
I had 2 blinds that needed restringing, a large one and a smaller one.

Work Completed On 05/21/2018

05/18/2018

Great! I took it to the shop after making an appointment and he fixed it while I waited

Description of Work
Repair broken shade

Work Completed On 05/18/2018

05/07/2018

Great job and very nice installers.

Description of Work
Skylight shades and bay window shades

Work Completed On 05/07/2018

05/05/2018

Contacted them after looking through their reviews on Angie's List. He was able to come out and gave me a quote on the spot. The price was pretty good for 2.5" faux wood blinds as well as vertical blinds on the slider. It was a little over 2 weeks before they were ordered/built/shipped/installed. Since this was new construction, I didn't have anything on my windows between now and then. He offered to put up temporary blinds in two of my bedrooms so I could sleep. That worked out perfect as I had guests staying over during that window (pun intended). He came arrived the day of install on time and was completed about 2 hours after arriving. I was going to tell him I noticed a few of the vertical slats on the slider had pin holes in them letting light through but he pointed it out to me first. It was nice knowing that he was inspecting as we he went and didn't try to hide anything. He said he would order replacements and they would be sent directly to my house in about a week. Again, they were on time and addressed the issue. Everything is looking/working great!

Description of Work
Installed 21 sets of blinds for all of my windows

Work Completed On 05/05/2018

12/11/2017

Excellent. Very responsive. This is the second time we have used their services and have been exceptionally pleased both times.

Description of Work
Repair blinds

Work Completed On 12/11/2017

10/10/2017

Excellent! Rocky responded quickly, was very professional and friendly, and gave us good advice. Then he followed through quickly and went the extra mile for us.

Description of Work
We needed a new honeycomb blind for a large bedroom window.

Work Completed On 09/26/2017

10/04/2017

Went great, without a hitch. Rocky was professional, prompt and on schedule. Also, offered to replace one set of blinds that was slightly tilted without being asked.

Description of Work
Purchased and had installed blinds and shades

Work Completed On 09/21/2017

10/02/2017

Second time using Rocky. Great service, great product, fair prices.

Description of Work
Blinds for the whole house

Work Completed On 09/27/2017

BLINDS, SHUTTERS, WINDOW COVERINGS, SILHOUETTE, LUMINETTE, WOOD,FAUX WOOD, VERTICAL & MINI BLINDS, DUETTE, HONEYCOMBS, BLINDS, SHADES, REBATES, EXTERIOR SHADES,SOLAR SCREENS, MOTORIZED, SKYLIGHT SHADES,CUSTOM SHADES, CORDLESS SHADES, CELLULAR BLINDS. FREE ESTIMATES. INSTALLATION

DRAPERIES. ON-SITE SERVICE REPAIRS, as we have no one on staff to perform. We however do repairs/restrings if customer can drop off and pick up.

Visa, MasterCard, Check