THE BLIND GUY - PORTLAND

Founded 1999 • With Angi since October 2005

SALES AND INSTALLATION OF NEW WINDOW COVERINGS

window treatment (140)blind cleaning (6)home remodeling (3)awnings (3)

11/08/2020

Bradley L.

Never received . Came out to the house and complained about not having both parties available. I explained to Rocky my Girlfriend makes the decision on this project. And he had a serious attitude that I was not there. And expressed this to him and he never gave us a quote we asked for. If this is how a business starts with a customer I’d give me business elsewhere .. very disappointed first time homeowner.

Description of Work
Asked for estimate

Category awnings

Work Completed On 11/08/2020

[Member Name Removed] had scheduled our appointment and then forgot about it. His girlfriend was surprised I was there and then very hesitant about being responsible for picking product/color etc. I emailed his product estimate. It may have been routed to his spam file.

08/29/2019

BONNIE C.

The Blind Guy is incredible! There aren't enough adjectives to describe how great he is. Rocky is professional, knowledgeable, efficient, courteous, and punctual. He listened to me, understood my needs, and had exactly what I wanted in his truck. It took less than three weeks for the custom blinds to arrive. He scheduled the installation for the day after he called to let me know that he had received them. He arrived 15 minutes before our scheduled appointment, which I appreciated. It took him less than 30 minutes to install the three blinds and demonstrate how to operate them. I only wish that I had hired him 6 years ago when I was shopping for other shades for my new home.

Description of Work
Remove and replace three window coverings in my kitchen.

Work Completed On 08/28/2019

06/25/2018

Judy P.

He did a fine job and completed it within my time limitations.

Description of Work
I had 2 blinds that needed restringing, a large one and a smaller one.

Work Completed On 05/21/2018

05/18/2018

Bonnie W.

Great! I took it to the shop after making an appointment and he fixed it while I waited

Description of Work
Repair broken shade

Work Completed On 05/18/2018

05/07/2018

Dave O.

Great job and very nice installers.

Description of Work
Skylight shades and bay window shades

Work Completed On 05/07/2018

05/05/2018

Paul D.

Contacted them after looking through their reviews on Angie's List. He was able to come out and gave me a quote on the spot. The price was pretty good for 2.5" faux wood blinds as well as vertical blinds on the slider. It was a little over 2 weeks before they were ordered/built/shipped/installed. Since this was new construction, I didn't have anything on my windows between now and then. He offered to put up temporary blinds in two of my bedrooms so I could sleep. That worked out perfect as I had guests staying over during that window (pun intended). He came arrived the day of install on time and was completed about 2 hours after arriving. I was going to tell him I noticed a few of the vertical slats on the slider had pin holes in them letting light through but he pointed it out to me first. It was nice knowing that he was inspecting as we he went and didn't try to hide anything. He said he would order replacements and they would be sent directly to my house in about a week. Again, they were on time and addressed the issue. Everything is looking/working great!

Description of Work
Installed 21 sets of blinds for all of my windows

Work Completed On 05/05/2018

12/11/2017

Diane J.

Excellent. Very responsive. This is the second time we have used their services and have been exceptionally pleased both times.

Description of Work
Repair blinds

Work Completed On 12/11/2017

10/10/2017

Jim P.

Excellent! Rocky responded quickly, was very professional and friendly, and gave us good advice. Then he followed through quickly and went the extra mile for us.

Description of Work
We needed a new honeycomb blind for a large bedroom window.

Work Completed On 09/26/2017

10/04/2017

Jim G.

Went great, without a hitch. Rocky was professional, prompt and on schedule. Also, offered to replace one set of blinds that was slightly tilted without being asked.

Description of Work
Purchased and had installed blinds and shades

Work Completed On 09/21/2017

10/02/2017

Sudeep T.

Second time using Rocky. Great service, great product, fair prices.

Description of Work
Blinds for the whole house

Work Completed On 09/27/2017

09/15/2017

JOHN W.

It went really well, he was on time and worked very fast. He also removed to old blinds that I had taken off the windows.

Description of Work
Rocky replaced the blinds on a dozen windows and the new ones are a major improvement. The whole project lasted 10 days from estimate to installation.

Work Completed On 09/15/2017

09/13/2017

Kristine G.

He did a very good job. He worked very well within my schedule, I liked that. The pricing was more than I wanted, but it was reasonable for what we got. The quality was wonderful. It was wonderful. It was probably an hour for the initial estimate and consolation and maybe 2 hours for the install. The end result is perfect.

Description of Work
I had blinds put in all my windows. He measured and we discussed what type of blinds would work best for the purpose. I wanted some heat resistant but also not be in a cave. So he came up with nice customized ones and then he came out and pulled the old ones off and put the new ones on and took everything away.

Category blind cleaning

Work Completed On 05/20/2017

09/08/2017

KEVIN B.

3300 sq ft new construction home needed new blinds. Rocky was great, walked me through options at the initial on-site visit, took all the measurements and even made adjustments via email when requested. Installation was smooth and easy.

Description of Work
Blinds for new house

Work Completed On 09/08/2017

07/19/2017

Mike M.

Rocky Hulm, one of the principals, showed up as scheduled for a free estimate. He was recommended to us by our son and daughter-in-law after doing all the blinds in their new home. After meeting with him and getting great advice on the best solution for replacing blinds with wood shutters, we arrived at an estimate that we felt was fair and gave him a 50% deposit to move forward. He estimated an approximate date for when the shutters would arrive. He suggested we should paint our windows and molding before shutter installations so the new shutters and woodwork would match. The shutters arrived as he estimated. Our painting was completed by then and we set a day and time for installation. He arrived about 20 minutes early, he and his assistant jumped right on the job by moving all the materials into our house. I was impressed with them. They had all the shutters marked already for respective locations and the assistant delivered them to the window locations where they would be installed. Rocky performed installation using professional tools while his assistant worked ahead of him by unpacking the impressive bubble wrap and prepping the shutter mounting units with screws so that Rocky could easily and quickly put them up and screw them into the window casings. We had 13 windows done with shutters. That was a lot of plastic wrapping and bubble wrapping. While shutters were being installed the assistant was cleaning up and moving those materials out of the house into their work van. When they arrived, I asked how long he estimated it would take, which was three hours and it took exactly that amount of time. Rocky and his team were all about getting the job done, doing it right, delivering a quality product and getting it done without any talking on the phone or standing around talking. We appreciated their professionalism and attitude. We are extremely happy with our new shutters. The look from the inside compared to old dated blinds is night and day difference. The appearance from the outside is stunning and it really updated the look of our timeless colonial home. We recommend The Blind Guy of Tigard to anyone looking for window treatments in their new or old home.

Description of Work
We replaced the old blinds we had for 25 years on our colonial style home with wide slat shutters on all our inside front windows and three side and back windows.

Work Completed On 07/17/2017

06/21/2017

Vicki B.

Job very well done. Before hiring a company, I searched for as many reviews as possible. Without fail, Rocky, the Blind Guy was given high reviews. After working with him, I can add mine. Responsive, professional, friendly, knowledgeable, AND quick, Rocky has exactly the kind of business with whom I like to work. I recommend Rocky and the products he sells/installs without hesitation.

Description of Work
I needed all my window coverings replaced.

Work Completed On 05/31/2017

05/17/2017

Robert L.

Done right and for the right price.

Description of Work
Re-string damaged blind.

Work Completed On 05/03/2017

05/02/2017

Jim G.

Very well. On time for both the estimate visit and installation visit and very helpful with picking the types of shades for each location.

Description of Work
Had one vertical honeycomb blackout shade installed on large sliding door in master bedroom and three cordless horizontal honeycomb shades installed in a bay window in the living room.

Work Completed On 04/20/2017

05/01/2017

Steve C.

It went great! I highly recommend The Blind Guy for window treatments in Portland. Great customer service and excellent pricing.

Description of Work
We replace the blinds in our living and dining rooms. There were a total of 5 blinds involved.

Work Completed On 05/01/2017

03/09/2017

Robert G.

They did a really good job. I have to get him a picture so he can see because apparently the end cap of the blind came off in his truck. We were able to get the blind up, but it has an opening on the end. He'll take care of it if it's not the one that was in his truck. He did a very good job. He's responsive and inexpensive. He knows what he's doing. He's done much more elaborate stuff where you have to measure and cut. This was a simple thing.

Description of Work
Blind repair

Work Completed On 12/06/2016

03/02/2017

patrick S.

Excellent. On time, went over options with pros and cons, easy to work with, great result.

Description of Work
Replace multiple blinds.

Work Completed On 03/02/2017

02/16/2017

BERNIE S.

Just one person came out and it took less than an hour. It was fast. He was punctual, fast, and efficient. He gave me some good ideas because I wasn't sure what kind of treatment I wanted. He just nailed it as far as the look that I wanted. I thought his advice was great. He looked around the house and sized up what I had. He gave me a great recommendation. His overall professionalism, the speed of his work, and punctuality were some of the major factors in giving him an A.

Description of Work
They replaced blinds in 4 windows.

Category blind cleaning

Work Completed On 12/01/2016

11/12/2016

CAROL F.

I have had excellent results with him. Their price was very reasonable. he is a small operator he is not a big shop at all. I think it is just his wife and him and they do it all. They come out and measure, then five or six weeks later they come out and install a blind. They are just really good people.

Description of Work
I used The Blind Guy.

Work Completed On 11/07/2014

11/07/2016

Nancy F.

Great service. Gave helpful advise. Will order more window treatments next year.

Description of Work
Mini blinds