Structure Landscapes NW

Founded 2010 • With Angi since February 2010

4147 SE 25th Ave

Portland, OR 97202

Structure Landscapes NW is dedicated to providing our clients with the highest level of service to create unique outdoor living spaces for all seasons. We are a Design/Build firm. Our comprehensive sense of design, knowledgeable approach, and diversity of skills ensure consistent quality throughout

09/06/2017

Marlene B.

Structure Landscape NW (David) were so professional. Answered all my questions. They were here on time always. He's got a fabulous crew. If you need this company for any of your landscape among other things don't hesitate to call. They are exceptional, they go above and beyond. Money well spent.

Description of Work
Cedar fence and removal of old one. Proper drainage system. Architectual slabs placed. Raised garden bed and soil.

Category concrete repair, decks, excavators, fencing, pavers, gravel, drain pipe, hardscaping

Thanks so much for the opportunity to work with you to transform your space into an outdoor room with a place to BBQ and hang out!

07/14/2016

PETER G.

They did fantastic work. The retaining walls required huge amounts of gravel and other fill, and was logistically challenging given the poor access to the back of the house. Everything came out beautifully, and it transformed the backyard. Over the winter, one corner of the retaining wall slumped—those epic rains in the fall and winter no doubt pushed the drainage system to the limit. When everything was dry in June, David and his crew came out and rebuilt the wall in that corner, adding additional structural elements to shore it up. They did this without charge. We were extremely appreciative of their response on this point.

Description of Work
David Dang and his crew did a large landscaping/hardscaping project in our back yard. Our house, which is on a slope above Tryon Creek, had a small gravel patio on top of a retaining wall. We wanted to extend the wall and landscape in the back; David noted that our present retaining wall was bowing out, so it needed complete reconstruction. In the end they built a double retaining wall, which kept the heights of the wall relatively low and also allowed for a planting bed between the walls. They also built concrete pads on the newly expanded patio, added plantings all around, relocated our path to the back of the house so that it went down to a new pad for chairs and a fire pit.

Category decks, landscaping, lawn service, hardscaping

Thanks so much! This was an equally challenging and fun project to work on. You're great to work with as well and I hope you enjoy your new space for many years to come!

12/17/2015

Kristin S.

The end result is beautiful and we are very happy with it. David's customer service is wonderful and he is great at checking back to make adjustments or give advice or plantings as needed.

Description of Work
David and his crew built a brick patio and walkway and re-landscaped our front and back yards. They also added rock to the two sides.

Category landscaping, masonry, hardscaping, patios

Thanks so much [removed member name]! It was a fun space to transform and you are equally fantastic to work with!

08/25/2015

Steve A.

They installed the garden and sprinkler system for the previous owner. I had to make repeated calls before getting a call back, only to be told he wouldn't deal with us even though he had set up the garden and the sprinkers. Apparently he's making more money with bigger jobs. While this is arguably understandable, the long delay in getting back to us smells of "you're not worth it" and we deemed it unprofessional. We would not use his services in the future.

Description of Work
No work was actually done.

Category hardscaping

Hello {Member's name}, thank you for contacting me and I hope you were able to get your irrigation system running for this Season. To clarify, at the time you contacted me you were transitioning to a new phone number as a result of moving to this new home. You provided two phone numbers and I stated I would get back to you later in the week as I was in the beginning stages of a large project in the opposite side of town [over an hour away from your home] and did not have a complete grasp of my schedule. I did get back to you and after some phone tag we were able to connect. Do to the status of my current project and its location on the opposite side of town, my concern was that I would not be able to get to your irrigation system in a timely manner since we were at the beginning of a record breaking temperatures for the Summer. I provided you with a referral of another contractor that I have worked with in the past who specializes in irrigation systems. I also said that I would be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding your irrigation system and that I would even be happy to speak with the technician once he arrived onsite to walk him through any details. Perhaps most importantly, my company did not install your irrigation system. Many years ago I had worked as a crew member for the company that installed your irrigation system so I am familiar with it. I have since (January of 2010) started my own company. Nonetheless, my former offer still stands and I'm happy to answer any questions you or an irrigation tech may have regarding your irrigation system. Thanks again for contacting me and I sincerely hope all has gone well with the move to your new home.

08/11/2015

MANUEL G.

David and his crew set the standard for professional and effective landscape companies. Although we had some specific requests that we wanted included in the design for our new Japanese garden, the rest of the vision we articulated to him was general and maybe a little vague! David listened carefully to our ideas, likes, and dislikes, carefully observed the existing gardens around the rest of the house, and interpreted it all to arrive at a beautiful result. In addition to being an excellent manager of our project, David has good taste and a solid design aesthetic. He also is a conscientious communicator, keeping us frequently informed by phone and email of project status. Also, he's a hands-on business owner, often working with his crew in doing a lot of the dirty work. His crew is polite, friendly, and professional. They showed up when they said they would and worked long hours to get the job done and keep the project moving. They always left the worksite tidy. The boulders and stone steps they installed had to be done without machinery because of the location of the garden. I wasn't here when they put them into place, but it was nothing short of miraculous that they accomplished it! We are very pleased with our beautiful and serene new garden space.

Description of Work
Created a mortared bluestone walkway and installed huge bluestone steps down to a new mortared bluestone patio. Placed boulders around new patio, ground cover and other plantings, including trees. Installed drip irrigation.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, masonry, pavers, gravel, tree service, hardscaping, patios

Thank you so much for taking the time to put together this detailed review. There were definitely some challenges, but it was a lot of fun to work with the existing garden and create a seamless transition to the new patio and garden space. Also, you both are fantastic to work with and I appreciate your responsiveness and commitment to the design/build process. Thanks so much!

10/28/2014

Linda T.

David's crew arrived as scheduled and completed the job as promised. They were not able to use the chimney bricks that I had on site since they were not consistent in length. The brick paving used blends well with the landscape. Debris was removed and the areas were left clear. The crew also had time to trim a hedge and worked efficiently. David planted new shrubs on a time-and-material basis soon after the contracted work was completed.

Description of Work
-Hardscaping: Brick Paving and Steel Edging…………………........................................$1,850.00 ·Furnish and install brick paving along driveway and in parking strip (South) per our discussions. Brick will be approximately 100 square feet in total and will be retained by the adjacent driveway and steel edging. Steel edging will be approximately 35 lineal feet. ·Existing brick staged onsite will be used as allowable; however, we will bring in new bricks as necessary. New brick will match existing style. ·Installation includes all excavation, prep work, and grading. All excavated material will be taken off-site to a recycler. ·All brick will be secured on +4” compacted gravel base and sand set on ½” of sand. ·Gravel base will be secured on landscaping fabric for additional tensile strength and to inhibit weed growth. We guarantee all our installations from settling. All brick to be installed per manufacture’s specifications. ·Steel edging will be welded onsite to ½” rebar stakes secured into the ground. ·Top of steel edging will be approximately ½” above final grade of gravel. Plant Removal and Pruning...............................................................................................$1,100.00 ·Remove large butterfly bush in NE corner of backyard and remove hinoki cypress in front yard per our discussions. Removal includes stump grinding as necessary. ·Prune camellias in front yard per our discussions. Camellias will be pruned away from the house and thinned by 30% to 40%. ·All debris will be taken off-site to a recycler.

Category hardscaping

Thanks so much [member name removed]! This was a fun little project and I'm happy that we got to work with you again earlier this year [2015].

08/06/2014

Courtney G.

Working with David and his crew could not have been easier from start to finish. They were pleasant, efficient, timely, and easy to communicate with throughout the process. This was a large project that we decided to take on after seeing some photos of David's work. We came to David with only very rough ideas of what we wanted to achieve with our side/backyard makeover, and he was able to take our suggestions, offer feedback, and design a lovely new patio and stairway for us. Whenever the unexpected happened (like we needed our downspout and French drain re-routed to a new dry well to accommodate our new pathway) David and his crew were able to handle it effectively without having to call in another contractor and with minimal change to the overall scope of the project. David was on-site every day to oversee the progression of things and answer any questions we had as the sketches and suggestions came to fruition. If there was ever anything that we wanted tweaked to meet our exacting specifications, David and the crew were happy to oblige, and the process felt truly collaborative throughout. David is an artist with an eye for detail and great customer service. We expanded the size of our project so that it maxed out our budget on hardscaping, although we still needed to fill our newly designed planting beds. David took the time at our final walk-through to go over each area and offer some landscaping suggestions so that we could finish things up in DIY fashion to cut some costs. Even after he received final payment, he came out to correct just a few minor things we noticed so that everything turned out absolutely perfect. Highly professional and courteous throughout.

Description of Work
Complete design and build including: pour-in-place large concrete and decomposed granite patio with steel edging(approximately 20' x 24'), excavation of existing lava rock steps and replacement with concrete, with pour-in-place concrete pathway and steel-edged decomposed granite landing.

Category concrete repair, excavators, pavers, gravel, drain pipe, hardscaping, patios

Thanks so much for the review! This was a really fun project and I look forward to seeing the plantings fill in to soften the hardscaping and add interest to the space. Have a great rest of the Summer and Fall in your new outdoor room!

06/30/2014

Chalin H.

He was on vacation and called back when he got in town. We did not have a site visit becasue his schedule was booked out so far we could not wait. I have since found a design build team that fits my taste and will be my go to choice.

Description of Work
Just discussed design build process and what the rough costs were.

Category hardscaping

Hello [member name removed], I hope you're having a great Summer and thanks for your interest in my company. You did contact me this past Winter while I was on vacation and I did respond to your inquiry while I was away. I scheduled a design consultation with you shortly after I returned. Per you request, I did keep you up-to-date regarding my installation schedule for the remainder of the Spring and Summer. You wanted your project completed sooner than my installation schedule would allow so our consultation was cancelled. As you stated, we never meet in-person, I did not complete a site visit, and I did not submit a proposal for your project. I do appreciate your interest in my company and I'm glad you were able to move forward with your project. Thanks again for your interest and take care, David Dang - CLP, Principal Designer : Builder

06/23/2014

Patti K.

David and his wonderful crew were efficient, timely, hardworking and very skilled. We were very impressed with everyone's professionalism, courtesy and care that they took working around our existing landscape. We are VERY happy with our new patio. This is a top notch company, I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Installed a flagstone patio in our back yard.

Category landscaping, masonry, hardscaping, patios

Thanks so much for the opportunity to work with you. It was [literally] tons of fun! -David

01/28/2014

Steve G.

gave me a quote, was beat out by another provider, but they were fairly close

Description of Work
gave me a quote, was beat out by another provider, but they were fairly close

Category hardscaping

Hello [member name removed], thanks so much for contacting me and for your interest in my company. As a point of clarification: I did provide a rough ballpark estimate for your project over the phone per your request; however, I did not meet with you in-person, complete a site visit, or submit a formal proposal. Perhaps I could have been a little more competitive or even comparable if I met with you on-site for a complete consultation. Nonetheless, I do appreciate your interest and hope you have a happy and healthy 2014!

10/31/2013

Nancy C.

Choosing David for our landscape project should have been more challenging because all of our Angie's List bidders were professional, competent and came well recommended. However, it was apparent that David had a very special design sense and product knowledge. He knew right away what we were trying to achieve with the design of our path. We had a limited budget and thought we had researched all materials available to us, but David came up with some brilliant suggestions about product and design which we never would have known about without him. Our path is beautiful and beyond what we ever thought was possible with our budget and site limitations. Our experience was the same as other reviewers. He is an excellent communicator with a wonderful positive attitude. His bid was competitive yet we felt we were getting the services of a landscape architect and talented designer at a price we could afford. He worked at the site with his crew all of whom had the same work ethic and professionalism. If you are getting bids, do yourself a big favor and be sure you include Structure Landscapes NW.

Description of Work
David and his crew installed a 4' x 27' entry walkway to our home and removed and recycled a pre-existing cement walkway.

10/24/2013

Alan B.

This work was arranged by phone and text and email as I do not live in the area where my rental property is. The communications were precise and the contractor was meticulous in doing exactly what he said he would do, when he said he would do it. The result fully met my expectations.

Description of Work
Installed patio on side yard of property

Category patios

10/02/2013

SUSAN T.

We ended up doing it ourselves. We didn't use him or any of the providers. The guy knows his stuff in and out and obviously very meticulous about his stuff. He is very degreed and had all the right accreditation. I think he thought he needed to do a lot more than what we initially just wanted to do to see if it worked, in putting a French drain in. We had pursued probably fixing a lot of the other things in the yard that would have helped the French drain to work to its potential. His was 3 times as much as the other one. I probably would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I got an estimate from Structure Landscapes NW for a French drain.

Category drain pipe

04/22/2013

Debra B.

David is an excellent communicator; from the intial estimate process till the end, he made sure I knew what the plan was and when each step would occur. He was generally right on schedule with everything, but was meticulous about letting me know if anything was even slightly off schedule. He was on site for at least part of every day and he made sure I knew when he would be on site and where he was at all times. He even kept me posted if his appearance on site was going to vary from his estimate. Although I know he had a business and other projects to run, I felt like my project got his full attention. The overall project was completed in two weeks, just as he estimated. For the estimate process, I gave each contractor a fairly specific and prioritized list of wants that exceeded my very tight budget, so that I could guage not only their price, but their creativity and sensitivity to budget. We planned to do $10,000 worth of hardscape this year, and do the planting ourselves later, to reduce and spread out the cost. David really listened and engaged in the estimate process, I felt like it was a real discussion and collaboration rather than just clarifying my list of wants so that he could price them. He had good initial ideas in his estimate, and followed up with a couple more ideas in e-mails after the estimate. It gave me the impression that he was thinking carefully about our project, rather than just quickly sending numbers and moving on. I got four estimates, so I had lots to compare to and he was a cut above. He told me in our first meeting that he wouldn't be the cheapest, but honestly, I don't think he was really more expensive given the higher quality of his plan and proposed methods and materials. He absolutely did not press us to spend more, but after seeing all of the estimates we decided to add to the scope of work and raised the budget to $15,000. David managed to carve out $800 for plants out of this amount. We subsequently decided to go ahead and have him do all the planting, which added another $1000 to the total. He never pressured us to add to the budget, and he came in exactly on budget, except for scope changes we initiated. The start date for our project was contingent on completion of another project. David kept me posted on the timing and started when he said he would. His crew worked four 10-hour days each week, ending at 5:00PM each day. The start time varies based on what they have to prep/pickup in the morning, but they were usually on site and well into work by 8:00AM. The crew is efficient, quiet and very neat. They cleaned up the site and stowed all of their tools and equipement every single day. When I chatted with crew members they were consistently friendly, knowledgeable and proud of their work. They took a lot of pride in making sure the work would exceed my expectations and paid attention to every detail. It was a source of reassurance to me, that every time I looked in on the project (which was about every 15 minutes, it was cool to watch) somebody had a square, a level, or a tape measure in their hands checking their work. On the last day, David was doing the final checks and and quot;tweaking,and quot; and he saw a paver that didn't align perfectly with the metal frame. He ended up tearing out about 8 2X2 pavers around it and redoing everything. I joked, and quot;Hey David, that looks like more than a little tweaking,and quot; and he replied, and quot;It has to be perfect.and quot; That sums up his crrew's work pretty well. I had some prettty firm ideas about the hardscape, and David executed them really well, adding lots of cool touches. At the same time, I had zero inspiration for the plantings. I asked David what he would do and he explained that the neighborhood and the architecture of our home and quot;readand quot; both contemporary and Japanese and he would like to carry the Japanese influence into the plantings. Other than telling him and quot;no pagodasand quot; I gave him free rein. I'm really glad I did; the garden looks amazing. It is still contemporary like I wanted, but it's balanced, natural, and really interesting. Although there isn't a lot of obvious color from flowers, every plant has a few tricks up its sleeve--fragrance, interesting foliage, staggered flowering, fruit to attract birds, etc. When the project started, it was winter and I couldn't see any particular thread in the dormant trees and shrubs in our neighborhood. Now that everything's come alive, I can see what David saw and he absolutely nailed it. Our yard is now a logical extension of our home's design, and it fits the wonderful look and vibe of our neighborhood. My advice is to hire David, give him some rough ideas, and let him run. You will be thrilled.

Description of Work
David and his 3-man crew removed all shrubs and sod, built a cedar deck, installed a paver/rock patio and path which included a welded metal frame and several inches of gravel base, tilled and ammended the beds, and selected/installed plantings. The project took two weeks.

Category decks, landscaping, mulch, rototilling, pavers, gravel, hardscaping, patios

Thanks so much [Member Name Removed]! I really appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

04/11/2013

sarah N.

It went very well. David and his crew showed up on time (he had a large crew with him). They completed the work very quickly. It looks fantastic! We are already thinking of our next project for them.

Description of Work
We had them install a wide path in our right-of-way with crushed gravel and install stone steps from the sidewalk to our upper yard (in the front yard). In the path, they also created a metal cutout for an existing tree.

Category pavers, gravel, hardscaping

03/31/2013

Marc H.

I was very happy with the work. David is great to work with and his crew was very friendly and professional. The work performed was of high quality and David was very helpful in talking through the options. His original quote included several other areas of work that I hope to do. As I can make the upgrades I plan to use his services again.

Description of Work
David and his crew installed a bluestone flagstone path, prepped my entire back yard for planting and installed a small lawn using a flowering lawn seed mix. The path was installed on an appropriate base substrate and then swept with amended soil so that the planting junctions could be filled with scotch moss. Prepping the yard included excavation, bringing in compost and rototilling. David included some metal edging and decomposed granite between my planting beds due to the fact he had the extra material.

10/10/2012

Marcus L.

My large city lot, just less than half a city block, was overgrown and in violation of city ordinance. David responded immediately. His crew brought me into compliance that week, and he is maintaining the lot regularly. I had one small complaint about his initial crew's work, and David took care of it the next day. I am very pleased with his quality of work and customer response. Please note that the property is vacant. The address provided is an estimate for a lot without address in the assessor file, and the year built is fictional, but these items are required by Angie's List.

Description of Work
Yard maintenance.

Category lawn service

10/07/2012

REBECCA B.

WONDERFUL experience...great work ethic...no surprises...no problems..

Description of Work
Really loved this company's work...David came up with a creative design and his team works hard. My 2 tiered front yard was set up for a garden and was an eyesore. David removed a truckload of dirt, installed boulders, reinstalled my plants and added a couple to fill in the holes. Many comments by passers-by....Easy to maintain. Would use him again in a heartbeat

Category excavators, hardscaping

08/06/2012

James H.

I hired the company three years ago to install large pavers at the end of my deck. Because of the great job they did on the pavers, I contacted the owner, David Dang, to give me a bid on a greatly overdue revamping of my yard. We met several times in the late Winter of 2012 to discuss my needs and design options that My wife and I wanted. David worked with us suggesting solutions to our problem of a caving embankment that needed support and inadequate drainage in our back yard. We came up with a final plan and he began working in June, through some of the rainiest weather. His company works 4 day 10 hour weeks. They work the full 10 hours each day but his crew (and his clients) get three day weekend. David has selected a great crew (we had 4 - 5 crew members each day) and David works much of the time with his crew doing all jobs. Between David and his foreman, I was kept advised of progress and allowed to make small decisions on the plan. I also took a number of pictures showing the work in progress and the spectacular results. It was a pleasure to work with a true caring professional who is proud of his workers and and dedicated to quality work. My wife is already talking about other yard projects (although much smaller in scale) for next year.

Description of Work
Built two level retaining wall with drainage, installed French drain, connected drains to two gutter downspouts, re-sodded entire lawn added a short sidewalk, added a small paver path and planted groundcover.

07/26/2012

Kristin S.

I have been extremely happy with the entire crew and their work. They were extremely professional and pleasant and everything went as planned, in terms of schedule and budget. I was impressed with the quality of their work on the hardscaping and the end result looks great. David did a nice job selecting trees and plants that would work with the space, in addition to accommodating my desire for low-maintenance native plants that would be super easy to care for, given my lack of a and quot;green thumband quot;! The landscaping looks great. My neighbors all commented on what a nice bunch of guys are in this crew and how easy it was to have them around. (I live in an area where the houses are quite close together, so any work we do on our houses affects those on all three sides of us.) Because they had to lay gravel underneath the stone path and cut the flagstone, this could have been a somewhat intrusive project, but several neighbors told me that they couldn't believe how low impact it was. Finally, David also followed up with me at my request to draw a diagram of the plants they used and to give me their names and information about their care. At that time, he noticed that some of the mulch was a little thin in places and sent his crew back to add additional mulch at no extra charge. I am also planning to have Structure Landscapes NW back several times a year to help make sure the plants are growing well and the garden is working as planned. I would highly recommend them for both hardscaping and landscaping projects. (I will post a review about the maintenance work once I reach that stage.)

Description of Work
David and his crew took existing flagstones from our backyard and used them, along with additional stones, to lay a stone path and patio, sealed with mortar. They also edged three sides of the house with fabric weed barriers and gravel. In addition, they completed the landscaping by amending the soil, planting shrubs, trees, and plants, and adding in some boulders to create a Japanese-style shade garden.

07/26/2012

CHERYL F.

He's a little more expensive than others, but the man and his crew are really unqice and they were worth every penny. He's very up front about the estimate, and explained that cost could go over and it was very clear in his contract. He was spot on about the price. The crew was all hard working and very polite. It was easy to have them in my yard for a week. I can't express how easy it was to work with them. He believes in doing a good job the first time around because it makes everyone involved happy. This is one of the few people a local well know nursery will recommend.

Description of Work
He did spring spruce up midsummer for my property. He also checked and repaired my irrigation system, and he installed a patio.

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, patios

07/09/2012

E BAIRD S.

We selected Structure Landscapes from 5 bids. They submitted the most complete and thought-through proposal. They arrived on time on the day they told us they would. Dave got the crew digging up the old gravel and they got further than they thought they would on the first day. The crew was hard working and very pleasant. By the end of the third day, they had laid all the pavers and the path and stairs looked beautiful. Dave came back in a couple of days to work out a solution to a drain that had been placed in an odd location by the original landscapers and couldn't be moved because of it's connection to a swale overflow trough. He came up with a good solution to the problem. They were easy to work with and took pride in the work that they did.

Description of Work
They replaced a gravel walkway and steps with permeable pavers

04/27/2012

Dan D.

Everything David Dang said he and his crew would do was done well and when he said it would be done. It was important to me that he followed through so I didn't need to worry. I don't know if he's the least expensive, but he is probably the best. We had a permeable paver system installed on the majority of our driveway. The main reason we decided to replace the original drive was to install irrigation pipe underneath for our automatic watering system, but the original driveway was severely cracked. David provided a written estimate/contract and with a deposit was able to schedule our job within a couple of weeks. They started this job on Monday of this week and were done (except for picking up tools and final clean-up) by the end of Wednesday. They worked professionally using ear protection when appropriate during the original driveway's removal process, and there was a Schultzy on site even for a 3-day job. There was no area at the sides of the drive in which to work due to my plantings, so all of their supplies and concrete/dirt removal vehicles had to come in from the street. They set out cones to assure drivers could see to avoid anything that projected into the street itself. They used some kind of small equipment (Bobcat?) to work efficiently, carefully maneuvering it in the limited space. The dig was carefully done by hand at the edges and in that process they discovered a sagging, broken drainpipe along the front of our garage that had been pouring water under the old driveway for years which, combined with the thinness of the original concrete driveway, probably contributed to the severe cracking problem of the surface. David's crew fixed the pipe adding the cost to the original contract's amount, and still got the job done well within the time specified in the contract. David's crew was respectful of the existing plantings bordering the drive, digging up the small ones that were too close the edge of the driveway. I'll replant them today. They worked until 5:30 pm each day, so the neighbors were not at all bothered in the evenings. Overall, the noise wasn't nearly as loud as I'd expected. They were also aware of the need to not block the mailbox and garbage pick-up with their vehicles. The crew members were all friendly and polite to me and seemed to get along well with each other. The finished product looks great. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Replacement of the majority a 30-year-old, cracked concrete driveway with a permeable paver system, and installing a sleeve with specified pipe sizes within to facilitate an alternate water source for our front yard's automatic watering system. The job took 3 days plus minor clean-up.

Category concrete driveways, hardscaping

09/26/2011

EMILY P.

The work began as scheduled and was completed in 4 days. David's crew worked hard and was conscientious about keeping the neighborhood clean during the project. The driveway looks great and the grade is much less steep. I would have preferred more of a change to the grade, but doing so would have required completely rebuilding the retaining walls. The angle is still steep, but most cars should be able to get up it with no problem. I appreciate that David understood the complexity of the job and was able to significantly improve the driveway while keeping the scope of the job manageable and within my budget.

Description of Work
The job was a regrade and repave of my driveway. The driveway was very steep and most cars could not get up it without scraping the driveway. Details include: Demolition and Prep: Remove existing concrete driveway to prep for excavation. All concrete and excavated material to be taken off-site to a recycling center. Concrete Ramp; Furnish and install impervious concrete ramp to replace existing sloped concrete. Concrete ramp will be 7’ wide and approximately 35 lineal feet. Installation includes re-grading existing slope to accommodate car traffic. Driveway will consist of (at least) 4000 PSI concrete mix at +4” thick and will be secured on a compacted gravel base +4” thick. Includes installation of expansion joints. Concrete will be reinforced with 6x6 welded wire secured together with ties. Concrete will have proper finish to provide traction for tires.

Category concrete driveways

07/22/2011

Jean F.

David is easy to work with and has an excellent crew of workers. A little slow to start because they were finishing up on a previous project. Once everyone was here on task, the project was completed quickly.

Description of Work
Removed an old retaining wall and excavated to provide base for new retaining wall. Put down landscape fabric and 4 inches of compacted gravel for new base of wall. Installed a drainage system for the wall. Built new wall with Mutual Materials Cornerstone F100 blocks. Rebuilt fence that was next to retaining wall.

Category concrete repair, excavators, fencing, hardscaping