SOS Plumbing Inc

Founded 2008 • With Angi since November 2012

8565 SW 80th Avenue

Portland, OR 97223

If it’s plumbing, we can do it. Emergency service, open weekends. We call you and let you know when we’ll arrive so you don’t have to wait at home for us to arrive. When you make SOS Plumbing Inc your choice, you can be sure your plumbing troubles are behind you! We employ only the very best and

02/23/2020

Brendan P.

We needed a leaking in-wall washing machine hot water feed valve replaced. Jeff was on time, the work was completed quickly, cleanly and with no problems due to his skill and expertise. You would have great difficulty finding that any of the wall had been removed, the wall repair is of a quality that impressed me and we now have our new washing machine up and running. I will be using SoS Plumbing for any of the plumbing work we will need in the future.

Description of Work
Replacement of a faulty in-wall washing machine hot water valve and new machine hook-up

Category plumbing

Thank you for the kind words. I have two companies SOS Plumbing and Highfill Construction. Between the two we can fix almost anything in your home. that's why we're able to both repair the plumbing and patch the wall.

01/13/2020

SHARLET G.

Great. When I called for an appointment they were able to come out that day. The plumber Jeff was personable and professional. I would use this company again and would recommend them to friends. I wouuld ask for the same plumber, I liked him and the work that he did.

Description of Work
REPLACE 4 FAUCETS

Category plumbing

HI Since your review for replacing faucets I see you also called us back to replace a garbage disposal. Thank you for the work. We really appreciate it. I have two companies SOS Plumbing and Highfill Construction. Between the two we can fix almost anything in your home.

11/13/2019

Doug W.

We had set appointment for a Monday and then my wife called me Friday saying that they were there. She first saw them coming around to the back of the house to turn spigot on to see if theyre water turn off out front worked. I called owner and he was apologetic and said that his guy had some extra time that Friday and decided to come out. He did not knock on the door to announce his arrival. When I brought this issue to the owner he contacted his guy. The guy later came to the front door to apologize saying that his boss told him no one was home. All that aside, they did excellent work.

Description of Work
fixed irrigation pipe

Category plumbing

Yes my technician was very sorry (embarrassed) for that Faux Pas. We should always, always, always call before arriving and knock before entering the property. That is our procedure and he didn't follow best practices in contacting you. We came early because your broken water service main pipe was leaking into the yard and deserved immediate attention. Not like replacing a faucet. The cost was a bit higher than normal because there were multiple joints that had to be reconfigured in order to make the repair. PVC joints that are glued together in a tight configuration often don't leave enough pipe to make repairs without changes to the alignment. That takes time.

08/28/2019

Arkady G.

I had a rusty leaking bathtub drain that I couldn't remove myself. The cross bars broke and I tried multiple tools to remove it to no avail. Joe came out the same day and it was fixed within an hour! This is a 3rd time I call this company and they always do a great job for a very good price.

Description of Work
Replace a rusty leaking bathtub drain

Category plumbing

Thank you, It was a tough little drain to remove. The internal wrench just broke the trim off and I ended up cutting it out. Call us back and we can repair the hole the water caused in your ceiling. We are two companies, SOS Plumbing and Highfill Construction and between the two we fix almost anything in your home.

08/22/2019

Deepak M.

Joe is amazing! Great example of customer obsession. He reached out to me over phone, understood the problem and suggested possible causes and solutions. I was able to fix the issue myself based on his suggestion. He saved me both time and money! A all the way!

Description of Work
We had a leak under our kitchen sink

08/15/2019

JANINE S.

Beware this plumber refuses honor the 5% Angie's List discount. He didn't have the tools he needed to get the job done and he tried to do the snake thing several times but it didn't work. Then he went under the house to cut a pipe in order to clear it and he said it would be quick if he had the materials as he didn't have it in his truck nor the connecter of the pipe so he had drove to HomeDepot to buy the parts. The job took 4 hours and charged me extra. From the initial quote of $115, it went to $662. I calculated the total amount with a 5% Angie's List discount and wrote him a check. He declined my check as he said he did not put that coupon, it was Angie's List. He also refused to leave unless I wiill wrote him the full amount. I was very insulted on how he talked to me as he was soaking wet because the water pipes went down to him and had to change clothes. For 14 years that I have been with Angie's List, this is the second time that I posted a negative review, all of my reviews are positive.

Description of Work
They unplugged a kitchen sink clogged drain.

Category plumbing

When I left your home, I was covered head to toe in sewerage that also contained a half gallon of caustic cleaners you had applied the previous day. Not your fault and certainly not my intention. After spending two hours trying to clear your drain from under the sink, it was necessary to go under the house and open the pipe to loosen the clog. The tool we use to do this is a spinning snake and it can produce a lot of spray, not to mention that the pipe was over my head. I did wear eye and skin protection. I had other jobs to do that day and there was no way I could continue to work without clean clothes a shower and cleaning the equipment. Unfortunately, there is an extra charge for those difficult conditions. You clearly had no regard for the situation. I did not refuse to leave pending payment, as a mater of fact you said you were writing a check and I said I'll wait outside. I left the house to avoid your comments. Glad I could be of service but we won't do that again. Your level of anxiety was pretty overwhelming, and certainly made me uncomfortable. You twice implied that I'd taken a toilet plunger that you had left on the counter and an old used bucket from Lowes. Both of which I pointed out to you were there, exactly where you'd left them. You have a beautiful home, a three car garage and exquisite furniture. And thanks to me a kitchen drain that works again.

07/26/2019

Jeanne M.

Personable and did a good job. Good price.

Description of Work
2 toilets repaired

07/18/2019

Kathy N.

We needed help fast! They were wonderful! Explained everything to us, professional and respectful! They are our hero’s!

Description of Work
Water main pipe broke in our back yard.

07/11/2019

Kerry V.

The guys of SOS Plumbing were absolutely great. We had a mess in our crawl space from a cracked cutoff valve that started leaking 2 gallons/minute sometime during our 2-week summer vacation. They were able to come out right away, quickly diagnose the problem and fix it so we had our water on again in just a couple hours. Well done guys and I will definitely plan to call you again if we ever have a plumbing problem (or need your handyman service)

Description of Work
Emergency fix of a cracked cutoff valve in the crawl space.

03/02/2019

Lisa C.

Joe and Jeffrey have been really great to work with. We had some difficulties with our sump pump system, resulting in indoor/outdoor water issues. We have had them come out on three occasions now. They are responsive, polite, and professional. We would definitely recommend them to others!

Description of Work
Sump pump repair

Category plumbing

Thank you, Yes we helped with two different sump pumps and a gutter drain issue over a period of a few very wet weeks.. I'm glad it's all cleared up. Remember I have two companies on Angie's List Highfill Construction and SOS Plumbing and between the two we fix almost everything in your home.

02/28/2019

Sanika A.

Joe was prompt to respond to our service request. He emailed the very next morning and gave us all the information we needed. He called up @9am in the morning and walked us through diagnosing the problem to make sure we dont waste our money in replacing the insinkerator. He walked me through the diagnosis and sure enough I was able to fix the problem myself. Having worked with many many contractors before, I have never seen another contractor be so honest. Most would just want to come over to make a 100$+ service fee. But Joe was kind and honest enough to not just come over for the sake of the "diagnosis fee". I will definitely be calling upon Joe to do any further plumbing or cobtracting worm for us.

Description of Work
Insinkerator was not working.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Hi, We know how expensive it is to get things repaired (we repair almost everything in a home), and we try to help homeowners in the diagnostic process before we come out. We want to be in a position to help on arrival and find that customers often don't understand the nature of the issue. We've fixed so many things that we can usually ask questions and narrow the problem down, so we know what we'll need to do when we arrive. We have two companies Highfill Construction Inc. and SOS Plumbing Inc and we can help with almost any project in a home or small business.

01/22/2019

Pam J.

They were on time and completed the work in a professional manner

Description of Work
Removal of a garbage disposal, install faucet and rework the pipes under the sink

09/25/2018

Todd J.

SOS was great - they came out the same day I called and fixed the leak right away. It was in a difficult spot next to our cable & irrigation lines, but they handled it with care & no hassle. I'm still waiting for the 2 other plumber companies i called to call back.

Description of Work
Fixed a wine line leak next to our sidewalk

07/23/2018

Diane A.

Everything was great: responsiveness, trustworthiness, price and follow-up. Joe and Jeff are very personable and easy to work with. They replaced the leaky pipe with no damage to my yard and responded immediately to any concerns I had.

Description of Work
Replace pipes from water meter to house

Category plumbing

Thank you, Were grateful to have Angie's List supporting us. I have two companies on Angies list, SOS Plumbing and Highfill Construction. Between the two we can fix almost anything in your home. Joe

07/10/2018

Jim L.

Jeff did a great job! I particularly appreciated the fact that he always answered his phone when I needed to talk to him, and that he always showed up when he said he would.

Description of Work
Re-plumb the entire kitchen plumbing system.

07/06/2018

Donna L.

Great service, and great job. Got here right on time, was able to complete the job very efficiently. I asked if they could also install a sink stopper, and they did that too.

Description of Work
A new valve on a shower.

06/26/2018

Rita S.

They came promptly, but the repair took a long time. I had to pay for overtime even though the work was completed in eight hours.

Description of Work
The water from the main was running down my driveway!

Category plumbing

Hi [Member Name Removed], yes the water main to your home was broken and we came out about 12' pm and left at 7 pm. after we restored service to you home. We are required by law to pay overtime wages to our staff and pass these on to our customers. Often a water main repair takes only 4 or 5 hours, your situation was unusually difficult. We thank you for the work. Joe

06/06/2018

Pat S.

Excellent. I use SOS plumbing for my home and my rental. He is responsive and does an excellent job. He came to my house during the last snow storm to clamp a broken water pipe so we could have water to our home, fantastic.

Description of Work
Broken water pipe, leaking toilet, water break in the kitchen.

05/02/2018

Brendan S.

Jeff was awesome. Friendly, efficient and he cleaned up well after himself. Super fast too. I called yesterday and he came out today and was all done faster than I thought. Very good value for the money. I will use them again.

Description of Work
Snaking one toilet and installing another

04/07/2018

James M.

Very well. Some of the faucet handles were difficult to remove but the plumber kep a it until he got it done.

Description of Work
faucet repair and pressure valve replacement

02/04/2018

Caroline G.

Went very well. Problem fixed and some other recommendations given.

Description of Work
Joe came out on a Saturday, after normal hours, the day before a big event to fix our hot water heater that had gone out that afternoon. I was not expecting anyone to be available, but he made time and was professional and very reasonable rate for a weekend call.

01/30/2018

JOHN R.

Exactly how you would want it to go.

Description of Work
Install 2 toilets

01/19/2018

STEVE T.

SAME DAY CALL & REPAIR COMPLETED IN TWO HOURS FROM TIME OF CALL TO COMPLETION. JOE HIGHFALL TOOK THE CALL, ASSESSED ISSUE AND MADE THE REPAIRS. WE HAD, UNKNOWN TO US, A LONG-TIME VERY SLOW LEAK IN A TUB DRAIN WHICH JUST RECENTLY APPEARED IN CEILING AND WALLS IN THE ROOM BELOW TUB. WE'VE LIVED IN THE HOME FOR 30 YEARS! BY THE AMOUNT OF MOLD AND STAINING OF RAFTER IT WAS A VERY LONG-TIME IN THE MAKING. THANKS, JOE!

Description of Work
TUB/SHOWER WATER LEAK INSPECTION & REPAIR

12/25/2017

Harry T.

Arrived at the agreed upon time and did a quality job on the install. Very satisfied with work performed.

Description of Work
Installed 2 new toilets and hauled the old ones away.

Category plumbing

Thank you, A positive review is always appreciated; that you took the time to do it on Christmas day makes it even more special.

12/11/2017

Regis R.

The drain was repaired very professionally and quickly. The repairman was courteous and even offered to fill our backyard birdfeeders for us.

Description of Work
The drain from the sink to the sewer line was leaking.

McInnis Construction & Custom Carpentry

We're McInnis Construction & Custom Carpentry, and we install hard surfaces & finish trim. We are located in Hillsboro, OR, and have been serving it & surrounding areas since 2013. We have done work for the big corporations installing floors for them. After seeing how they do business, we prefer to work for ourselves where we are able to provide costumers with personal attention and service at a reasonable price. Our goal is simple: we want happy customers. We aim to provide exceptional service and a beautiful anesthetic to our customer's homes. We are passionate about what we do and about leaving homeowners satisfied with the final product. We are always responsive when issues arise, even after the installation. Our work has won awards; our installers are talented, trustworthy, and have an eye for detail. We specialize in installing hard flooring such as LVP, engineered hardwood, laminate, hardwood, and tile as well as countertops, shower surrounds, and tile backsplash. Need assistance picking out a product? We have a great eye and can assist in choosing the perfect fit for your home. McInnis Construction and Custom Carpentry is a recent change; we have plans for business expansion in the near future. After developing carpentry skills for years, we will be branching out into producing custom carpentry projects. Some projects include shutters, floating shelves, mudroom/entryway benches, fireplaces, and adding stone tile to the exterior of the home. Stay tuned for examples in our photo gallery, and please contact us if you are interested in a custom-made product for your home. McInnis Construction, LLC was started by Nolan Deloff in 2013. It is currently run by himself and his fiance Nichole. We grew up in Hillsboro and still live near where Nolan went to Hillsboro High School. Nolan went to college on a baseball scholarship in California & ultimately graduated from Portland State University with a Batchelors Degree. Needing to work, Nolan took a position installing wood & tile flooring. After learning the trade & discovering a talent for it, he started McInnis Construction, LLC in 2013. The company is named for his grandfather, whom Nolan was especially close to growing up.

OSO PLUMBING SERVICES LLC

OSO PLUMBING SERVICES LLC

Innovation Drywall, LLC

With over 15 years of drywall experience, we are here to offer services in drywall. Contact us today to talk about your project. We look forward to speaking with you.

Check Available, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

We service and install kitchen plumbing components like faucets, sinks, garbage disposals, water filtration systems and bath fixtures like tubs, showers and toilets. Special training in barrier-free bathroom installations for the elderly and disabled. Everyone can enjoy the ease of access to shower or navigate the home.

Ask for details.