Rose City Maintenance & Remodeling

Founded 1994 • With Angi since November 2011

1104 SE 148th Ave

Portland, OR 97233

Rose City Maintenance and Remodeling has been providing remodeling and construction services to the Great Portland Area since 1994, with 40 years combined experience. Rose City Maintenance and Remodeling is family owned business that is licensed, bonded and insured. A high value is placed on

03/02/2020

Teufelin T.

A neighbor spoke very highly of Rose City Maintenance & Remodeling so we called Tony for an estimate on our extensive bathroom remodel. Within a week Tony and his brother, Russel provided a very reasonable estimate and we were fortunate that they had a gap in their schedule to work on our 2 bathrooms over the winter break. Throughout the remodel we were impressed by their professionalism, punctuality, attention to detail, and price. The subcontractors they used (plumber, electrician, tiler) also worked very well with Tony to ensure we got exactly what we wanted with the remodel. As the project encountered unexpected surprises (like a wall that could not be moved, 2 vents that needed redirecting, a faucet that needed to be placed differently), Tony and his team figured out how to subtly change the plans yet maintain the integrity of the original design. During the remodel we discovered a squirrel had made its home in our garage so we asked Tony about the hole in the side of the garage and by the next day the hole was patched and the squirrel noises were gone. The original estimate closely matched the final result in both cost and time so there were no surprises. I enjoyed working with Tony, Russel, and Carl and would very highly recommend Rose City Maintenance & Remodeling. I am hoping to do another big project next year or the year after and Rose City will definitely get the job. For particulars - here is everything that was done; - Completely gutted 2 bathrooms - Replaced a window to approved zoning regulations - Installed 1 tub, 2 showers, 2 sinks - Tiled floor and walls - Built & installed a custom-designed pull-out cabinet, vanity, and laundry chute - Installed a pocket door - Drywalling and painting - Rewired electrical outlets and added light switches - Rerouted plumbing to an opposite wall - Installed bathroom hardware and shelving units - Patched a hole in the garage

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category countertops, drywall, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, siding, replacement windows, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors

10/26/2018

Sarah .

Russell and Tony were very helpful and communicative! They really seemed to have my best interests in mind throughout the project and were very honest and transparent. It was kind of a weird pain-in-the-butt install, but they were willing to take it on and we couldn't be happier with the result. Their plumbing and electrical help were also delightful and efficient folks. The work was done cleanly and effectively by all. I hope to use this team for future projects on my fixer upper.

Description of Work
Kitchen in an old house needed a dishwasher installed for the first time.

10/22/2018

Rick R.

I (customer) supplied the materials. Rose City did the demolition, repaired walls to prep for paint, painted walls/ceiling and trim (3 colors) and tiled the floor. Installed and connected new vanity with marble top, large mirror, 6-light light fixture and new toilet. Communication was great, work was done in a timely order. The estimate was very detailed, accurate and the price quoted was correct. I just contacted Tony to put our name on their schedule to start out Master Bathroom redesign. I considered the price charged for labor to be a good value. My wife is very pleased.

Description of Work
Remodel of 1978 original bathroom

Category ceramic tile, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

09/20/2018

Ann D.

Tony, Russell, and Carl (three brothers) do excellent work at reasonable prices. We had them put in a basement egress window, fir out walls, install electrical, and cover up a ceiling. They were a pleasure to work with throughout the process. They responded to every inquiry quickly and handled minor adjustments with ease. Their subcontractors were all also very respectful, kind, and professional. This is a family-run business so they handle everything personally and it does not feel like a corporate behemoth. The work is very well done and the basement is now safe as living space. I would definitely recommend working with them. They worked with our budget and were willing to make informed suggestions for the work that we are trying to do ourselves. We had to wait a while after the bid for the work to start since we are clearly not the only ones who realize that they are a great group to work with. But it was worth the wait and we are glad that we worked with them.

Description of Work
Basement remodel

Category drywall, egress windows, remodeling, basement remodeling

08/13/2018

Rebecca H.

Things went fine. They broke one of the tiles on the bathtub surround (which was 50 year old tile and irreplaceable. We came to a mutual agreement about the repair/replace/ solution by cutting the tile and extending the baseboard to the tub on both sides. Rose City took responsibility for breaking the tile and were willing to pay for replacement of the tile. We declined the offer in favor of a quicker finish of the project.

Description of Work
Water damage remediation/asbestos abatement for two bathrooms due to toilet flange and pipe failure.

03/22/2018

Debra M.

I liked working with them. They were nice guys and cleaned up after themselves and the price was reasonable.

Description of Work
They installed a new window and siding around the window.

12/12/2017

Sandy B.

Everything went Smoothly

Description of Work
Made two bedrooms into a large master bedroom and a walk in closet .

08/14/2017

J H.

They were good. One thing they could have done and this is getting into detail is put the shower door the way it should have been put in. They got it backward. It was not their fault that they got it backward. They just did not ask which way would you like it to open. They were on time. They were very easy to work with. They were flexible. They did some of our requests.

Description of Work
They did the remodel on the bathroom.

04/06/2017

Sarah F.

I got a call several weeks later asking about my response to their bid. A bid was never sent. I called and he said he wanted my email again to resend. I texted my email address and texted again and again to check in to see where the bid was. ZERO response.

Description of Work
Two gentleman came to review a small remodel in my home. They were thorough in reviewing all the details and promised to send a bid.

06/14/2016

gregory R.

i don't have enough good things to say about my experience with Tony and Russell. They agreed to finish my kitchen remodel that another contractor had began and disappeared when it was half complete. Almost every other contractor I contacted before Rose City wouldn't even come out to bid. Rose City did a lot work themselves, but also had several trades (electrical, plumbing, HVAC, Tile, etc.). I met most of the subs and they were also professional and punctual. The bid that Tony gave me was very fair. All of the major items were itemized and came in at or below budget on every one. I also gave them lots of small tasks, many of which I'm sure they would have rather not done, and they say 'no' to any and completed at a reasonable rate. Im hoping to start my bathroom project early next year and they will be the first ones I call.

Description of Work
completed kitchen remodel

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, plumbing, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

09/20/2015

Kyle P.

We contacted Rose City Maintenance and Remodeling upon the recommendation of a co-worker. Tony and his team were polite and responsive throughout. The bid was written up quickly and work was completed as described. Once the project got started it moved along fairly quickly and we appreciated frequent check-ins. The majority of work was completed while we were outside the home. However, Tony's attention to detail ensured that none of our requests were forgotten. As is typical with any home project there were several changes made along the way. Tony and his team were always accomodating. Changes to the project were added to the bid and emailed to us promptly to ensure there were no surprises. We were able to meet with several of the subcontractors and each one appeared to possess the same attention to detail as Rose City. We appreciated several suggestions which helped to improve the livability of the space and make future improvements to the home easier. I would not hesitate to recommend Rose City Maintenance and Remodeling and they will certainly be my first call on any future projects needed.

Description of Work
Added second bathroom and finished laundry room to basement.

Category remodeling, home remodeling, basement remodeling

05/01/2015

Ryan B.

Tony, Russell and crew were great to work with throughout the project. Very honest and straightforward regarding the project and flexible enough to adapt to our constant changes. Quality of work was fantastic. I enjoyed working with these guys and would hire again.

Description of Work
Master bath remodel: moved closet entry, installed double vanity, new lights and hardwood floors. Required drywall, electrical & plumbing work.

Category countertops, drywall, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

(removed member name), Thank you it was a pleasure doing the job, Tony Rose City Maintenance &Remodeling

03/05/2015

Barbara S.

The plumber they brought by doesn't actually do what I need done (a burst-pipe job - not a dig-up-the-whole-yard job). The electrician they recommended provided a grossly inflated estimate two weeks after showing up. The attic-insulation estimate and the other repairs estimates never materialized. The furnace guy they sent has a $95. inspection fee that they didn't bother warning me about. At this point, I won't work with them even if the estimates actually materialize - they don't care about their clients enough to listen (they could have not wasted my time with the plumber who doesn't do what is needed, for example), and if an estimate takes this long to materialize, how long is the actual work going to take? Years, presumably. Incidentally, they left one of the windows that they measured for replacement unlocked. It happened to be one of the windows that was not alarmed, and someone broke in and stole some things - personal items, because i'm blessed with a stalker. Now the window is a bit loose (it is now alarmed though). I'm not sure whether they damaged it in the measuring, or if my stalker damaged it while he was raiding my house, but it's kind of a moot point. W** are they thinking leaving windows unlocked in the home of a lady who lives alone?

Description of Work
No work was done. I requested estimates for various things I need done around the house, including replacing most of the windows, insulating the attic, some electrical work, replacing the main sewer line and connecting the drain in the basement to the main line, checking over the furnace installation, and repairing my damaged porch.

Category decks, insulation, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows

We chose not to do this job based on time constraints and other obligations to other jobs going on, we appreciated the opportunity to take a look at the job. Tony Rose City Maintenance & Remodeling

01/21/2015

Doug M.

Tony and Russ were responsive to any of our concerns. There were problems with the new cabinets we installed (with the cabinet maker rather than Rose City) but in the end everything was resolved. Overall they a good company to work with and were conscientious.

Description of Work
Tony and Russ helped in a kitchen remodel. We removed part of a wall, moved one refrigerator cabinet, installed two new cabinets and changed a door into a pocket door.

Category remodeling, home remodeling, doors

09/08/2014

Lorelei Y.

These are two brothers that are in business together. They both arrived together the same day we called, for an estimate. It took a week for them to get back to us then sent a quote through email. They were not the cheapest but not the highest either. We wanted to find someone local (in our neighborhood) who also had a good track record. They provided three referrals, we phoned one. It was a business with several buildings so we trusted their good reference. It took longer than expected for the special size soaker tub to arrive so they couldn't schedule our week until the supplies were in. Then we were in the Spring busy season for them. However, once it arrived they had everyone lined up and coordinated to do the removal, permits and new work. All of the workers were very professional and came and went without any disruption to our work. We work out of our home so we were here all of the time they were. The clean up was good, they took everything away. The work was difficult due to our choice of large tiles for a small bathroom but they made them fit in a very modern and seamless way. There were no redos or errors so when they were finished it was a job well done. Phone calls and communication was clear and quick. We had picked out the tile and flooring ourselves so they were not part of that process. The costs came out much lower than if we purchased those stand alone tub shower units that have a custom look. We are happy with our choice.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel: Removed shower bath unit, installed a soaker tub, shower and large tile planks from tub to ceiling, installed floor panels. Project involved permits, plumber, tile and floor installers and contractors that also did some of the work.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

07/15/2014

Mark D.

The Fork Brothers were honest and some of the nicest contractors that I've met. I felt bad not choosing them simply because we had a gut feeling about going ahead with another contractor for our basement remodel. With the exception of one very high bid, their's was in-line with many others we received, which was about 5 total, and they basically were runner up in our interviewing contractors. We were referred to them by a potential drafter/designer for our building plans. Even though we didn't have plans drawn up yet, they were able to get a rough sketch done themselves and get their subs out for a site visit and provide an initial estimate. Once we got plans done, and continued changing our minds, they rolled with it and continued to update their numbers and plans for construction. I understand that spending hours and hours providing info to potential clients is part of the job, but they really seemed to go above and beyond in that department. The least I can do is provide this review and point out that communication/responsiveness is certainly one of their strong points.

Description of Work
Provide bid for complete basement conversion. Brought subs by, updated the bid multiple times, emails, phone calls answering questions etc..

Category remodeling, basement remodeling

07/02/2014

Laurel R.

Tony and his brother Russell were great and easy to deal with through the bidding project. They took the time to get a lot of information from us as to what we wanted with the remodel and were very honest as to price and feasibility. Tony returned phone calls and emails. I contacted their references and all were extremely positive as to the quality of their work. In the end, we went with another bid because of start time availability but I would not hesitate to use Rose City Maintenance for another project.

Description of Work
Tony submitted a bid for a major addition project that we are putting on our home. He came out to our home on multiple occasions to speak with us on the project and to coordinate with subcontractors as to price.

03/15/2014

Kaity W.

This is the second time I've worked with Tony and his brothers and, again, they've done a remarkable job. I am totally satisfied and trust them completely. They had a very busy winter season which is why the previous person may have not gotten a timely response from them; I hardly think that warrants an "F" grade, especially when they didn't even do the work for them. This is why I like working with these guys: every morning, on the days they said they'd be there, Tony or Russell would show up and make sure whatever subcontractor they had scheduled that day showed up and did the work. They inspected every step of the process and did a lot of the work themselves. They know their stuff. I asked for permits and they got all the paperwork and blueprints and got the permits. Everything was completed above board; nothing shady about these guys unlike other contractors I've had the misfortune of having done business with! We are absolutely satisfied with the end result of their work. Our basement is now the comfiest space in our house. We will be happily spending many summer days on our back porch now that it's covered. If we need more work done on the house, Rose City Maintenance and Remodeling will be our go to guys in the future, and we will surely be referring them to all our friends. Thanks Tony, Russell and the rest of the Fork brothers (I have lost count of how many there are!).

Description of Work
Added a basement bathroom with all the proper permits pulled, installed various doors upstairs and in the basement, constructed a cover for our back deck.

Category decks, remodeling, doors, basement remodeling

02/17/2014

FAY G.

I'm going to be doing a HUGE remodel. Garage addition, bedroom/master bath remodel and dig out/remodel and addition of bedroom in basement. Called this company as was one that was recommended to me. The guy came out in early December and came back a day later was a couple of sub-contractors. He said he would have an estimate for me right after the Christmas holiday. Never heard back from him so I called him again in mid to late January. He told me he had gotten busy and would have something for me in about a week. Never heard back from him again. What a waste of my time. Maybe I'm lucky to have learned about his lack of professionalism before I hired him. I have two other contractors that I'm working with and I'm sure either will do a great job.

Description of Work
Came out to give an estimate.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

01/20/2014

Doug M.

Tony Forks and his brother worked with us on a bid for a remodel we wanted to do. They were professional, detailed and specific. Their bid was the best price of three we requested. They worked with diligently and creatively with us to try and get to a price point that we were willing to spend. Unfortunately, through no fault of their own, the extent and design of the plans made it impossible to get to the price we needed. We were really looking forward to working with them but we just couldn't at this time. We are looking at other options for a smaller remodel. We will definitely be giving them a call to work on a cut down plan.

Description of Work
The Forks brothers gave us a bid on a remodel we wanted to do.

07/08/2013

KATHRYN S.

It was good. We appreciated the work that they did. I thought that they were easy to work with and they understood the nature of the project we had in mind. They were helpful. They are experienced and capable. The structure that was associated with the project was we thought, appropriate. The quality of the work was high and completely satisfactory.

Description of Work
We used the services of Rose City Maintenance & Remodeling for general remodeling.

07/08/2013

Claude L.

Rose City Maintenance & Remodeling did great. They did what they said they would do, they followed through, they were timely. We had a minor issue with, they tried to save money on some siding so we had them come back and replace the siding, but that was a communication issue and I am as much to blame as they are so I can't fault them.

Description of Work
Rose City Maintenance & Remodeling was doing remediation for our bathroom that had a leak in the wall, they had to take up siding and flooring and going to the sub floor and it was fairly extensive but not large.

Category flooring contractor, siding, home remodeling

05/22/2013

Kaity W.

I can honestly say that working with Rose City Maintenance and Remodeling has been the best general contractor experience I've had since becoming a homeowner. Tony, his brother Russell and the rest of the crew were excellent. They were prompt, friendly, professional and efficient. Their estimate was competitive and the whole project was completed exactly according to schedule and finished on time. The subcontractors they hired were excellent, as well; it was grueling work and the worker would often stay until 7pm at night to finish the job - that's how dedicated they were to getting it done. I would not hesitate to work with Rose City in the future and definitely plan on calling them up for any future work. We will absolutely be referring them to everyone we know. Bravo and thank you, guys!

Description of Work
Brought our previously unpermitted retaining wall work in the basement up to code.

Category remodeling, foundation repair, basement remodeling