Rose City Heating & Air

Founded 1995 • With Angi since October 2007

8946 SW Barbur Blvd

Portland, OR 97219

We have been a family owned business since 1995, we are proud to provide service to our customers, providing complete sales, service and installation of high quality heating and air conditioning systems in both homes and businesses. We enjoy what we do and it shows. We take pride in each and every

03/01/2022

Erin S.

"We did everything right." You can be the judge of that. Here's the story: After my heat was out for five days in early January, Columbia Heating came and fixed the pilot light. Three days later, an estimator from Rose City Heating came to give my landlord a quote. When he left, the pilot light (which had been recently fixed) was no longer working. I had no luck fixing it myself. A Rose City Heating repair person (named Paul) came that night and didn't look at the pilot light. He came to give me a space heater. I was then without heat for another several days of winter, and I was told to block out 8-11am plus 4-6 hours for installation of a new unit. That was rescheduled, I believe it was the same day, to closer to noon. When they arrived, I asked: can you first check to see if you can fix the pilot light? Repairperson Paul (who was doing the installation) said "that's not what the landlord authorized." Even though, when I spoke to the Landlord the next day, he said "did they even try to fix the pilot light, first?" No they didn't...not during the night Paul came over, nor the day he came back for install. **On installation day, it took barely 2-3 hours to 'complete' the installation job. That should've been the first hint of something being wrong. Sorry I can't attached the pictures, look on YELP or Google -bottom door of the unit wasn't able to close because Repairperson Paul said we would need to cut the floor (not true) -shows the cover on top of the unit, which was about to fall off The pilot light was making noises several times an hour (7-9 click click click click click click 'light') and I asked Repairperson Paul about this. He said it was going to happen now since I don't have a constant pilot light any more. I asked if he could make it happen less, and he said no. Over the course of the next five days, the heater made hundreds of loud noises at all hours. EVERY 18 minutes, the following noises ensued: (Sample Timeframe) 10:33 pilot light clicks on (this is a series of 7-8 clicks before it lights) 10:37 “wahh” noise 10:39 ‘whirring’ noise 20 seconds 10:41 ‘whirring’ noise for 15 seconds 10:43 ‘whirring’ noise for20 seconds 10:43 – 10:46 “clanking and whirring noise’ 10:52 pilot light clicks on (7-8 series of clicks) Whole cycle repeats 11:10 Pilot light clicks on (7-8 clicks) Whole cycle repeats And on and on. This is hundreds of noises per day, emanating from the middle of my apartment, there is no escaping. The unit looks very similar to the previous unit, which only made noise while heating the air. It did not make any other noises. These noises were extraordinarily disruptive from a brand new unit. Rose City Heating then wisely sent Repair & Installation person Pat over and he spent 3.5 hours fixing the job that his colleague had done on the install (Note: The electric is still very messy, they said that would take a month to fix) Pat even adjusted the thermostat so that the pilot light only clicks on less than a dozen times per day, instead of 3-5x an hour (96+ times per day) HOWEVER, as soon as Pat left, the heating unit no longer worked and I was without heat another 1/2 day and night. Turns out, Pat had accidentally flicked the switch to "off" when re-caulking the left side of the unit. He fixed it and said "wasn't this great customer service?" True, he and Paul are super nice guys. But the best customer service would be to not have lost heat again after hours and hours (and days) were spent on this unit by your team. My landlord and I have had to cancel countless commitments to be available for huge time windows and noise in my home. The reason he opted for the new unit was to avoid the headache that dealing with the old unit may have caused. Due to the installation procedures, significantly more headaches and hours of time investment have been incurred by us both. ***No discount was given, in fact, the 'accidentally' added a cost they hadn't mentioned during the original quote. I do not recommend Rose City Heating.

Description of Work
My pilot light went out and they sold my landlord on replacing the entire heater

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

06/26/2018

Gregory S.

Have used Rose City several times at different properties. Always on time, priced right, great job!

Description of Work
Did service on heater and AC

11/01/2017

Janice C.

I have been quite happy with the AC

Description of Work
Air conditioner installation

10/18/2017

Aaron C.

Perfect - quick diagnosis which was correct, parts ordered an replaced within a week.

Description of Work
Troubleshoot and repair 3 zone HVAC systems

09/08/2017

Edward S.

Great. He actually performed more service than I felt I had paid for, and he was a most pleasant fellow to deal with.

Description of Work
Diagnostic AC inspection

09/01/2017

Ray W.

It's been working fine its with a boiler system.

Description of Work
They did a maintenance.

Category heating oil companies

08/09/2017

Scott C.

Rose City always communicated with me clearly and promptly. At the initial visit to my place, the estimator provided good answers to questions I had and explained several options for the installation. The installers were efficient and professional and friendly and left the workplace clean.

Description of Work
Added AC to my house.

07/31/2017

Shea H.

It went well from start to finish, very professional and friendly. Would recommend to anyone in the Portland area.

Description of Work
Our AC unit wasn't blowing air, or even kicking on so we had Rose City out to diagnose the problem. Turned out to be a mouse or rat that had chewed through the wires and shorted the system. Our tech found the problem and was able to rewire and get the system back up and running in the matter of a couple hours.

07/28/2017

Karina B.

The technician was knowledgeable and gave me lots of information about my system. The part that was a bit clunky was scheduling the service and identifying exactly what the specific service components were.

Description of Work
Check my heat pump and central air conditioning unit for functionality and efficiency.

07/13/2017

Pavel S.

Did a good work in estimating and installing my AC Unit. However, response to an issue took more time to resolve; could have been much better.

Description of Work
Estimating and installing my AC Unit.

07/05/2017

Marianne R.

Excellent! Showed up on time, did the work efficiently and everything works! Glad to have a heating/cooling system that works!

Description of Work
Motherboard in furnace replaced

07/03/2017

Virginia S.

It's usually before spring. They're very good. They're reliable. They seem to fix what's wrong. If not, they just look everything over and say it's okay. They're punctual. They give me a time and they are there.

Description of Work
They came out and checked the furnace.

06/27/2017

Chester N.

Everything went very well. Dave and Chris were on time, they were professional, friendly, and efficient. The work was done with minimal disruption of our schedules and they cleaned up after themselves. The only evidence we had of their being in our home was a new, and well functioning air conditioner, which was really appreciated during a recent heat wave.

Description of Work
New central air conditioner. Our existing air conditioner had developed a coolant leak. The coolant is no longer manufactured. They were able to send someone to estimate the cost of a replacement unit. They gave us estimates for a cheaper and a more expensive (American made) unit. They answered questions about both units with pluses and negatives for both. We chose the American made unit.

05/31/2017

francis S.

Prompt service very competent technician

Description of Work
Furnace repair.

05/02/2017

Whitney A.

I can't say enough how impressed I've been with Rose City Heating & Air. Everyone that I dealt with was friendly and professional, and they were very easy to work with. Dave, who did the work at my house, was so nice and pleasant. He was even really good with my dog (who's pretty big and tends to scare people - not Dave, he was amazing!) I really loved that Dave walked us through lighting the pilot light on the water heater so we know how to do it if it ever goes out. The work was done quickly, and it looks like they did a great job. He really went above and beyond. I would highly recommend Rose City to anyone looking for HVAC work.

Description of Work
Replaced furnace, water heater, thermostat, added new A/C unit and gas line to kitchen

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

04/05/2017

PATRICK M.

It was excellent, we're very happy with the equipment, the install and the professionalism of the whole team at Rose City.

Description of Work
We had central AC installed and our furnace tuned up.

04/01/2017

Theresa R.

Very friendly, professional and prompt. Everything was explained to me and they cleaned up after themselves. Would hire again for any HVAC issues in the future.

Description of Work
Ductwork repairs

03/01/2017

Linda K.

Great! Dave was very knowledgable and professional.

Description of Work
The gas fire place didn't work. Also looked at furnace.

02/15/2017

Julia P.

They were reasonable for the unusual circumstance. Eventually, they quit doing the evaluations because the owner said that they had a big project and they could not continue to do the evaluations. For being HVAC they were professional. They were not particularly literate but I guess you cant expect to much. I wanted them to write a report and when I saw how ungrammatical their first attempt were, I just told them to tell me and I will write it down but that is not what a HVAC person is trained to do or paid to do.

Description of Work
They came out and inspected work done by another company.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

02/10/2017

Andreas G.

Company is not reliable at all regarding communication.

Description of Work
I requested an inspection of my gas furnace and repair work to furnace and water heater. Rose City promised a call back for scheduling but even after 2 weeks and two calls from my side I never received any feedback. At that time I stopped trying to work with Rose City Heating.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hi [Member Name Removed], Our records indicate we returned your calls and were waiting for you to return ours. Sorry for the inconvenience.

01/10/2017

Peter E.

I was told that an estimate would be $99. Dave and his daughter/apprentice arrived on time, took a look at things... and next thing I knew, they were finished, the stove worked beautifully, and ... they only charged me $149! THAT was customer service, since they could have left an estimate, went through the whole process of scheduling another appointment.... Both were very polite, and open about explaining what the issues had been. I would definitely recommend this company!

Description of Work
Gas fireplace was nonfunctional, having been disused for 6-7 years, while the house was rented - which I will never do again....

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, gas logs

12/14/2016

Marleen W.

I did not choose Rose City Heating and Air to perform the service. The estimator was very professional.

Description of Work
Install a furnace and air conditioner

12/05/2016

Lindsey R.

Very well. Professional, helpful, and straightforward.

Description of Work
Furnace diagnosis

10/31/2016

Keith B.

Quickly determined the problem and fixed it, with out using any new parts, or suggesting an expensive repair.

Description of Work
Trouble shoot furnace.

10/25/2016

Rebecca O.

The representative was clear, and patient. He followed through. He gave specific advice on the type of filter to use in the future, how to keep the ducts cleaned going forward, cleaned the blockages from the dryer and animal hair, and came twice to ensure all was working properly.

Description of Work
The air conditioner did not work - the cause turned out to be that the dryer vent (previous owner) was directly pointed at the air conditioner. Who knew? In addition, there are two dogs and a cat in the house, so you can imagine.

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

Aire Serv of the Willamette

Aire Serv Heating and Air Conditioning, serving the Greater Portland Metro, including the Greater Salem, Albany, and Corvallis areas, never charges overtime, we offer financing for general repairs up to new heating and cooling products. We have won Angie's List's Super Service Award 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, & 2016. Our technicians are well trained on everything from the latest technology to old school products. We have same day service available and same & next day installation of central heating and cooling systems at no additional cost. We will not charge you the diagnostic or trip charge to come out to your home or office with any repair. Please ask when you call or one of our technicians how to get 15% off your service call. Award winning. Additional DBA - A Team Heating & Cooling LLC. OR Lic#188791

Offers Coupon

Cloud 9 Professional Cleaning Services

Cloud 9 provides professional carpet and upholstery cleaning services, window washing services, and house cleaning and housekeeping services. We have been an Better Business Bureau A+ Accredited company and have maintained our Angie's List Super Service Awards.

Euro Masonry LLC

Euro Masonry LLC is a company backed by 10+ years experience. We offer competitive rates and have very excellent references with very satisfied customers. Free estimates. Our work is always high quality, clean, and done in a timely manner. Additional contact name - Kiana Karlovic. Award winning. Additional phone number - (503) 333-0133.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Heating & AC Installation, Maintenance & Repair, Gas Fireplaces, Duct Work, Gas Lines, Venting, Chimney Liners, Water Heates, Energy Recovery, Dehumidifiers, Thermostats, Heat Pumps.

Oil furnaces.