Resound NW A Place to Sing

Founded 2009 • With Angi since September 2014

1836 NW Overton St.

Portland, OR 97209

Providing some of the finest musical instruction in the Pacific Northwest, Resound NW is a place to express yourself and find your artistic voice. Located in downtown Portland, Oregon, Resound NW is a music studio specializing in voice lessons. Students can enroll in private lessons or group classes in voice, piano, or guitar. In addition to providing guidance and support for experienced singers, Resound NW holds firmly to the belief that EVERYONE can sing. It is a place for each person to find "the singer within." No experience is necessary to enroll in voice lessons, only a willingness and desire to learn. There is a Chinese proverb that states: "A bird does not sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." If you have a song to sing, Resound NW is the place to let it out!...

03/26/2015

john S.

Description of Work
Private lessons. Daniel Buchanan is an outstanding teacher.

11/22/2014

Ida Y.

I am a trained singer with a degree in vocal performance. I have been out of the private voice lesson world for over 10 years now. So,taking lessons again is something that is a long time coming for me. I am not able to take lessons from my long time last teacher and mentor, so I had to find someone new who I could trust to lead my voice in the right direction. I know now that I've met the right person to help me to get back to the stage with a healthy instrument.

Description of Work
Vocal Lesson

11/15/2014

Natasha K.

Resound NW is an amazing place! I recently met with Nicole Berke for a private singing lesson and also decided to check out the group classes. After a long, stress filled day at work, I dragged myself into the Song Studio Group Class. I literally walked out recharged, joyful and smiling from ear to ear! Everyone in the class, and especially Daniel Buchanan, the instructor, made me feel welcomed. The community that Resound NW has built is phenomenal and a true testament to the owner. Every person in the class was filled with joy and authentically supportive of one another! The class began with light stretching and vocal warm ups. Then each member had an opportunity to perform a solo or duo for the group. It was inspiring to see such passion and delight emanating from every student and even from Daniel. Honestly, I expected the class to be intimidating, but it was far from that. It was warm, heartwarming, and again, deeply inspiring! I even got teary eyed by some of the performances; the singing was that touching. I also learned some excellent tips on how to improve your posture and sustain your voice while public speaking or singing. I will be back! I never knew that singing could bring so much joy! I am so impressed by Resound NW and if you check it out, I am certain you will be too!

Description of Work
Conducted a group singing class.

10/20/2014

Nancy L.

“I attended the SoulSinging group class for the first time last week. I’m happy to report that this class was even better than I had hoped it would be. The instructor, Daniel, made me feel very welcome from the minute I walked in the door and the sense of community was very apparent as everyone seemed genuinely glad to have me there. I loved the warm up and the round of singing games that were played at the beginning of class. Everyone participated and it was a blast. Something that really stood out to me was that everyone gets a chance to do a solo at some point, which is really great practice for any singer and it’s not based on how well you can sing. Daniel has a talent for picking the correct song for your voice so you actually feel comfortable singing your solo and the entire group is extra warm and supportive so that anyone, no matter what level they are at with their voice, will feel successful. All in all, I think this class is superb and Daniel is a complete delight as a teacher. Highly recommend!”

Description of Work
Attended SoulSinging group class

10/20/2014

Lori R.

Daniel primarily provides voice lessons, but agreed to help me as I was looking for assistance on improving my presentation and delivery as well as how to relax in front of a large audience. Daniel watched me give a mock presentation and provided great suggestions including my posture and voice inflections. I used what I learned at the next speaking engagement and I was complimented multiple times by the attendees.

Description of Work
Daniel Buchanan provided public speaking lessons as I am asked to speak periodically at events.

Music Instruction
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

Voice Lesson, Vocal Coach, Piano Lessons, Singing Lessons, Guitar Lessons, Ukulele Lessons. Private lessons and group classes.