R & D INSTALLATIONS INC

Founded 1980 • With Angi since May 2005

5246 SE 62ND AVE

Portland, OR 97206

We install wood, gas and pellet stoves & inserts. We also do chinmey sweeps....

02/06/2022

Victoria H.

Terribly. Extremely disappointed with this business and their customer service. Liasics recommended them, I had R&D come out to give me a bid to install two gas units for $2500 in January 2021. Due to supply chain issues it took several months to get the stoves. I called and scheduled with R&D in December of 2021 - once the stoves arrived- they told me I needed an electrician before they would install. I then spent a month trying to find an electrician, when I finally did I was told an electrician was not needed for this job. I then followed up again with R&D, Monica indicated she would send another technician out prior to the install to review the job again -- which was pushed out several weeks due to their scheduling. This installer came and increased the original bid by $1100 to $3750. I contacted R&D asking why the job went up 50%, Dan's response was "obviously prices have gone up in a year" and they are doing different venting —with no further explanation of why the substantial increase. What is equally frustrating is part of the delay was on them, their unavailability and the wild goose chase they sent me on to hire an electrician that was not needed. I explained to Dan that I had a tight budget and couldn't afford this, I cancelled them, and complained to Liasics who could care less. I was flexible throughout this entire process, accommodating delays and their schedules, but when they tried to scam me out of $1100 I had enough. Avoid the headache of these people and their inflated prices, Monica also lacks people skills.

Description of Work
Bid to install gas stove

11/15/2020

Michelle W.

Contacted them to schedule an appointment, they promised they would be out on a Monday. I called them at 6pm to see why they didn't show up. Very unprofessional receptionist, she said they would come out first thing Saturday morning, but didn't show up again, Most unprofessional company. Good luck if you use them.

Description of Work
We needed fireplace installed

01/21/2015

Paul P.

Called for a Pellet stove install. Very unprofessional receptionist. Said they would call me back No call backs Quite Rude

Description of Work
Pellet Stove install

04/25/2014

Nancy C.

We have a woodstove that needs to be installed and the store we got it from recommended this company. I called and got a lady (seemed like I got someone at home??? but she said it was the right place). I started to explain what I needed done and mid sentence she said, Ok, I'll call you back....What?....She said, and quot;I'll call you back in one hourand quot;. That was it, never heard back. I'm not going to bother to try again, she was quick and rude. I want to find someone that wants the business!

Description of Work
Was rude and did not return phone call

02/09/2014

Kathleen H.

Mr. Noble was very prompt and informative regarding my interest in adding a gas insert. Explained why gas was not suitable for my project. Not only was the cost high for what I wanted but not really practical for my particular fireplace and suggested other options that may work better. However, I also needed a new chimney cap which has blown off with the latest wind storm and he came back and installed one and with little cost to me. He had a cap which if it fitted only cost me $20 instead the $130 dollar one he first thought I needed. I was very impressed with the service I had. It was a small job but the experience was enjoyable.

Description of Work
I called for information and possible installation of a gas insert in my the fireplace.

09/08/2013

mark S.

very fast, clean and extremely professional

Description of Work
chimney cleaning

Category chimney sweep

07/22/2013

DIANNE D.

Lisac's Fireplace referred Rand D to install our newly purchased gas insert. Dan came out promptly and did a perfect job coordinating the permits and installing the insert. However, the gas insert was way too small for my fireplace, which I do not think was explained sufficiently by Lisac's. So we exchanged the insert for a larger one (which means it will produce a great deal of heat, needed or not because the smaller unit has a really tiny face) and Rand D were called again. Once again he did a fabulous job. He felt bad charging us again for installing a new unit, and I think he gave us a break on the installation price. Dan is extremely polite, funny and personable. A lot of the time he spent with my 84 year old mother, and he was very respectful. A pet peeve of mine is when contractors speak and look at me when my mother asking a question. I always tell them to answer my mother. He addressed her and was very nice to her. He came right on time and used the time he was here prudently. I highly recommend Rand D installation. Ask for Dan.

Description of Work
Installed and then re-installed a gas insert.

01/11/2013

Jacqueline E.

R and D Installation recommended. Dan installed our Avalon Olympic stove in a timely manner. He is a skilled professional that has experience needed for difficult installs. I would recommend him highly if you like the truth. with no holds barred and no candy coating. He is quick ,clean, and tells the truth. We have called him three times and if there is any issue with our stove, we only want him to come by. We trust no one else.

Description of Work
Highly Recommended

01/08/2013

David S.

They arrived on time used drop clothes thruout house. The work was done very professionally. They left some stove paint and special glass cleaner so I could keep the stove looking as new.

Description of Work
I have a Lopi Endevour WOODSTOVE. It needed sig. repairs from misuse by previous homeowner. They did all repairs to stove (replaced burner bars, brick supports, door gasket. They also removed all stove pipe in house and cleaned them. They then went on the roof and did a cleaning of all stove pipes.

10/23/2012

CHERYL A.

DAN PICKED UP OUR NEW GAS FIREPLACE STOVE AT LISAC'S. HE DELIVERED, INSTALLED THE GAS LINE AND STOVE ADN WAS DONE WITH EXCELLENT PROFICIENCY AND QUALITY OF WORK. WE WOULD USE HIM AGAIN IN A HEARTBEAT! HE HAS A GREAT KNOWLEDGE OF HIS BUSINESS. VERY HELPFUL

Description of Work
install of gas line and gas fireplace.!

04/25/2012

Brian H.

Dan picked up the Lopi Berkshire gas stove from Lisac's, the supplier and arrived promptly as scheduled. He brought the new gas supply up from the basement and through the hole in the platform. He then assembled the new stove and installed the concentric air-inlet/exhaust piping in the existing chimney. He fired up the stove and, after the burn-out smoke had cleared and the fire alarms had stopped beeping, he demonstrated how to use the remote controller. He relit the pilot lights in the other stoves in the house ... and the job was done. Less than two hour and expertly done ... no mess or hassle. I am very pleased with the outcome.

Description of Work
I planned to remove a wood stove and build a tiled platform for a free-standing gas stove to be purchased from Lisac's Fireplaces and Stoves in Milwaukie, Oregon. Dan Noble of R&D Installations had installed a similar gas stove for us some years ago and did a good job, so I asked him to bid on this job. He came out promptly and evaluated the task. I decided to go ahead with the project and I removed the wood stove and the tiled surrounds. I had the hardwood floor extended into the area of the stove, I wanted to make sure where to bring the gas supply through the floor and the planned new platform. Dan came out again and drilled the hole in the optimum place. I then built the new platform.

12/06/2010

Dorothy C.

Have wanted a wood burning insert into our fireplace for a long time. Called multiple installers, various problems, our house is old and our chimney is 2 stories tall and there was a bar going through the chimney that made installing the stainless steel insert difficult. One installer did not have time, two other ones did not think they could do it, another installer was going to charge $1500 for it. Finally we got Dan, who came over promptly, felt confident that he could install the stove, if he failed there would be no cost to us. He came over promptly, did it quickly, and everything worked great. The only problem was that he said the inspector would accept a picture of the stove pipe when he did the inspection, but when the inspector came over we had to take off the stove surround because he would not accept the picture. Dan offered to come over on his day off and reinstall the surround, but it was easy to take off and put back into place. My only caveat would be for future installations, he should to leave the stove surround off so that the inspection can be done. Dan has over 30 yrs experience in installing stoves and it shows in his work.

Description of Work
installed a wood burning insert into fireplace

10/28/2009

Dave W.

I was impressed with the thoroughness of his quoting process. I felt he really listened to me, and gave me what I asked for. He also discovered what we were wanting really wanting, and gave me a quote for that as well. The work was completed very quickly and Dan kept everything very clean. I was very pleased with the end result of the work and how it was done.

Description of Work
Dan came out and gave us a quote. He took many measurements to make sure the new insert we wanted would fit. He also gave us his recommendation of another insert that he thought would be better for the look and functions we were looking for. He removed our old wood burning insert. When we were ready, he installed a new wood burning insert. We went with the one he recommended.

01/22/2007

JOANNE K.

Excellent! Dan and Robert were very professional neat and clean. They even moved furniture to place the gas stove where I wanted it. They arrived on time and completed the job when promised.

Description of Work
Remove old wood stove & chimney. Install Lopi Berkshire gas stove & hook to gas supply.

05/13/2006

D T.

Russ was pleasant to work with. Gas fireplaces were installed and worked well when finished.

Description of Work
Installation of gas line/gas fireplaces.

05/18/2005

Teri D.

Rand D INSTALLATIONS INSTALLED THE GAS FIREPLACE IN OUR HOME. THEY HAD TO CUT A HOLE IN OUR WALL AND RUN CHIMNEY PIPE. THEY WERE VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE IN THE BUSINESS AND WOULD USE THEM AGAIN.

Description of Work
THIS COMPANY WAS SENT BY THE FIREPLACE STORE TO INSTALL OUR NEW FREE STANDING GAS FIREPLACE.

All Fuel Installation & Service

Owner operated. Family business. Over 40 years of combined installation experience. Permits are always provided. Award winning.

Refiners Fire Services

Refiners Fire Services is owned and operated by Kevin Ryan, who has been servicing and installing fireplaces for over 20 years.. I service and install gas, propane, wood and electric fireplace, inserts and stoves (sorry I can no longer provide service to pellet units). I can also run gas line to outside BBQs and fire pits. I do are best to make sure your unit operates effectively and efficiently. Our motto is "if we don't fix it, you don't pay" and you never pay a "trip charge". My office manager, Margaret will do her best to provide you with top-notched customer service, keeping your project on time and within budget. Give her a call and get your appointment today!

Offers by Refiners Fire Services on Angi
    Bridgetown Chimney and Masonry LLC

Were a small family owned company with over 30 years experience. Will take the time to share the knowledge we have learned through out the years. We do everything from total rebuilds to minor repairs and sweeps. Anything brick or stone we can help design a project with our free estimates. We also do gas inserts and wood stove installation. A warm fire can set the mood and keep you warm when the power is out. Please call or email to set up a free consultation.

INSTALLATION OF WOOD, GAS & PELLET STOVES