Precision Door Service

Construction Contractors Board
05/08/2021

PO Box 231268

Portland, OR 97281

Local family owned business since 2003. 18 employees- no subcontractors used. Award winning. Additional contact names - Stanley Prosser, Kimberly Prosser. SK Services Inc dba Precision Door Service. Award wining....

4.4

garage doors (472)door installation (27)electrician (4)

01/18/2022

Wayne S.

They came out the same day I called them, they provided a fair price , very professional and timely service.

Description of Work
They replaced the broken spring on my door.

Category doors

Work Completed On 01/18/2019

06/14/2020

Ed L.

Luke Dial from Precision Door answered my call for a door repair tech. Luke called 20 minutes beforehand to let us know he would be on the way. He was careful to ensure all COVID virus PPE was on and went to work doing an evaluation. Turns out it was the spring. Luke's professionalism without a doubt was why I'll always use Precision doors for all my door needs. In and out, less than an hour. Thanks Luke, and thank you Precision Doors. Y'all rock!!!

Description of Work
Tensioning Spring

Category electrician,garage doors,doors

Work Completed On 06/14/2020

05/24/2020

Byron W.

The service went really well. I called on an early Saturday afternoon, and my assigned tech arrived just a few hours later. Talk about fast service! Hunter confirmed that indeed one of my springs had broken. He did a thorough check on all aspects of my garage door, and he gave me a list of three possible avenues for repair--no pressure. An hour or so later, he had replaced my spring and it was up in working order. I had also asked him about fixing the seal on the bottom of my garage door. I know from experience that some garage people don't do this kind of work. A guy from another company had said, "It's really easy...you just pull it out and slide the new one in...but we don't do that." I had tried to fix it myself years ago to no avail, kicking myself for not being able to do this "easy" repair. It turned out that it wasn't so easy. Hunter looked at it and said, "I could pull this out and replace it, but it wouldn't hold." Precision had to order a new metal seal holder since my door is a bit older. I got a call on Monday telling me that their supplier was four weeks out with the Covid pandemic, but that they could do it. So I told them to go ahead. I am really happy to finally get this fixed, and I look forward to working with Precision again in a couple more weeks!

Description of Work
I needed my garage door springs replaced.

Work Completed On 05/09/2020

04/14/2020

Richard S.

Precision received our telephone inquiry and request for service courteously. The job was dispatched promptly to a technician, on a Saturday, who arrived right on time in the service window we were given. He did a careful safety and functionality assessment of the door system, presenting three options. More old parts needed to be replaced, in addition to the failed spring. We accepted one proposal. The work then proceeded quickly and efficiently. The technician was highly professional, pleasant, and worked safely - this was in the midst of the COVID-19 emergency. The door is much improved, and we are pleased. Only reservation is that we did not get competing bids, so do not have a clear sense of the fairness of the price. We are not complaining, and gladly paid the agreed amount.

Description of Work
One of the coil springs on our garage door (with opener) broke suddenly, and the door was inoperable.

Work Completed On 04/04/2020

01/21/2020

ANTHONY J.

Hunter was fabulous. He was arrived on-time. He was professional and got right to work. We had to come up with a solution and he was great at explaining my options and also listening to my needs. Overall, just a great experience. I wold highly recommend Precision Door Service!

Description of Work
Repaired Garage Door

Work Completed On 01/18/2020

12/26/2019

James J.

Determined no lock could further secure my garage door and would not be money well spent. Determined future garage door options down the road and tuned my garage door during visit. I would hire them again and appreciate their honesty for not selling me a $200 lock which would not have any appreciable impact on our current configuration.

Description of Work
Investigated options for further securing my garage door.

Work Completed On 12/26/2019

10/15/2019

Cronin T.

Professional, Excellent service. The team was knowledgeable and proficient, and the service was above and beyond expected.

Description of Work
removed broken garage door

Work Completed On 10/01/2019

10/06/2019

Nancy W.

They were fast and professional. They came to my house, gave me a bid and set up an installation appointment before others called me back! Did not try to upsell my basic door for my basic garage. Very congenial office staff (Connie)

Description of Work
New garage door and installation of door opener

Work Completed On 10/03/2019

09/01/2019

Kevin & Angela F.

Paul came out from precision garage door service to give us an estimate. He was very knowledgeable, friendly and answered all of our questions. The quote he gave us was less than what we had budgeted so we happily hired their company. On the install day we received a call from Gary saying he'd be here in 45 minutes. He was on time, professional explained in detail what he was going to do. He told us it would take 2 to 3 hours to complete. He was done in 2.5 hours. Left no mess, and we are very happy with our new garage door. Would definitely reccomend them.

Description of Work
Garage door replacement

Work Completed On 10/05/2019

Review for Precision Door Service - PO Box 231268, Portland, OR - 38153825

08/08/2019

jeff S.

Prompt and excellent service. This company is outstanding. A +++

Description of Work
fixed garage door lock

Work Completed On 08/08/2019

Residential Garage & Overhead Door sales and repair; Automatic garage door operator sales and repair