We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched

Paul Cottle Construction LLC

Founded 1994 • With Angi since April 2011

4420 NE 54th Ave # 2

Portland, OR 97218

*Proud Super Service Award Winner 2011 - 2019 With over 30 years experience in all phases of residential and small commercial construction, including design and architectural services. We are a small, high quality residential and small commercial remodeling and home improvement company based in

06/11/2022

Tami B.

Paul is a very good communicator, giving me updates and explaining the work as he went. I am very happy with the results.

Description of Work
Replaced an exterior door, replaced a window, replaced a number of window screens, added a door to the back of the garage.

Category electrician, replacement windows, doors

04/29/2021

Andrea K.

Paul and Mark spent a few months with us to make our master bath and kitchen remodels reality. Each room was its own project. We had a few setbacks due to materials availability and weather but nothing that would keep Paul and his crew from returning and finishing our projects. Paul Cottle runs an honest business, is a very trustworthy person, and only employs the most hardworking and honest tradespeople I have ever meant. We could relax and work with them working in the house and not be concerned. Paul took all of our concerns very seriously and made sure we were happy every step of the way. We were always told about issues they found and how they would be fixed and when we could expect the electrical and plumbing subs to come. Paul told us what decisions we would need to make at the beginning of the projects and when finishing materials were needed along the way. With the exception of paint, lighting, hardware, and woodwork, we sourced out the finishes, cabinetry, and fixtures ourselves with Mark and Paul's guidance. Per our request, Mark was able to save our existing kitchen solid surface countertops and sink. The worksite was kept very clean. Even though walls and celings came down, we never had much in the way of dust. If we determined we wanted additional changes or had other small jobs done in other areas of the house, Paul's charges for all of those "extras" were very reasonable and his crew very accommodating. The bathroom was completely finished before the kitchen was started which we really appreciated. Nothing was left half done nor incomplete. We looked forward to the subs coming to do the finish work because that meant we were almost done with each room! We entrusted our home with Paul's construction company and now our master bath is a beautiful space and we have the most wonderful kichen we thought we would ever have.

Description of Work
We had a master bath remodel and kitchen remodel. Both rooms were taken down to the studs.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, picture framing, insulation, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

01/17/2021

Neil C.

Paul’s crew did an excellent job remodeling our kitchen. This included removing the soffit, upgrading the electrical service, installing new cabinets, and installing some new appliances. We stayed with a similar layout for the kitchen. His main crew person, Mark, did 95 percent of the work and was highly skilled. This included demolition, preparing the space for the new kitchen, installing the cabinets, and putting in duct work for the new hood. He even unpacked all the cabinets after delivery. His attention to detail was impressive in all areas like ceiling texture, painting, backsplash tile, and trim/molding pieces. Mark will be able to figure out and resolve any issue your old house might present. New appliances were on our own to provide, and the contract clearly stated “owner supplied.” New cabinets were also on our own, and here Paul included an allowance. This allowance is an amount he will subtract from the final amount you owe. That’s nice when you get to the end of the project. Your cabinet estimate will come from the cabinet supplier/design company you go with. To give you an idea, in our small kitchen we spent $10,000 on cabinets from Parr. Paul coordinated the main construction, electricians, plumbers, and countertop installation. He even communicated with the cabinet supplier we ordered from. The project took a tad over 6 weeks which was about right for the work involved. Each day there was noticeable progress.

Description of Work
Remodel of kitchen in a 40-year-old house.

Category ceramic tile, electrician, home remodeling, interior painters

12/12/2020

Geoffrey N.

Paul and Marc (his lead team member on the job) were professional, responsive, detail oriented and polite. The job was to replace all of the windows (21) and exterior doors (3). Paul was managing a few jobs in addition to mine, but did the entire job, but for the front door, by himself. Given that this is construction, one has to be flexible, patient, expect plans to change and sometimes take longer than originally estimated. For me, my primary focus was getting the house buttoned up before the winter rains started which happened in the nick of time thanks to Paul / Marc’s focus. Marc did the finish work on the inside windows and doors. He was nothing short of meticulous in his work.

Description of Work
Replace 21 windows and 3 exterior doors

Category electrician, replacement windows, doors

09/24/2020

Jeffrey H.

Paul Cottle did our front door installation. He was responsive, transparent and most importantly, he and his team did quality work. I will definitely use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Front Door Installation

08/21/2020

Tozer B.

In a word, my experience with Paul Cottle Construction was "perfect." Paul is clearly very experienced and knows his work. Quoted a fair price, was responsive, true to his word. Set a date and got the job done. He was personally on site to make sure the door fit perfectly. His crew (Ralph and Jack) were awesome. Outstanding workmanship in all respects. Could not be happier. Thank you!

Description of Work
Replace patio door.

05/20/2020

P G.

Paul was responsive to my call and arrived in a timely manner to the appointment. He was knowledgeable, upfront regarding costs, clear about expectations and professional in his demeanor. We scheduled a time for the project to begin, and although there were some unforeseen setbacks due to unexpected circumstances, everything steadily moved forward once it got started. The project was challenging due to pandemic obstacles that occurred one week into the renovation, but precautions were taken into consideration and a lot of patience exhibited. Jose was our assigned installer and he was excellent with quality workmanship, timeliness, good communication and a friendly attitude. Actually, everyone Paul had working for him were top notch professionals. The project turned out beautifully and we couldn’t be more pleased. Also, we appreciate that Paul came by to inspect the work being done regularly and kept in touch every step of the way. There were no surprises and that shows a commitment to excellence!

Description of Work
1979 era master bedroom (walk-in closet added) and master bath complete renovation with two walls removed.

Category custom cabinets, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, glass repair, insulation, remodeling, woodworking, doors

04/06/2020

Pat J.

It went very smoothly. There were no real surprises. Paul is an excellent communicator and a considerate person. The shower now looks and works great.

Description of Work
Remodel a shower, removing the fiberglass surround and installing tile and redoing the plumbing. Also changing the shower door.

Category home remodeling

01/13/2020

Owen K.

We hired Paul to replace 15 windows in our home and we are very happy with the results. Paul was easy to work with and highly communicative from the bidding process through the project completion. The work that he did with his colleague Mark is outstanding. They were able to match the window and trim stains to the original windows we left in place. Furthermore, we feel confident that everything was done correctly and will withstand the elements for years to come.

Description of Work
Window Replacement

08/23/2019

Leah K.

We are a repeat customer of Paul’s and as in the past, Paul is great to work with and his team does a quality job.

Description of Work
new front doors

08/18/2019

APARNA C.

Paul with his team, Mark and Aubrey worked on a leak from the drywall around our window downstairs. They replaced siding (and painted) added flash and trim around the downstairs window. However, the leak continued and they returned to discover that the culprit was a crack in the siding around the upstairs window. Mark and Aubrey replaced the siding, flash and trimmed the upstairs window as well.

Description of Work
Repairing a tricky window leak

Category egress windows, siding, replacement windows

07/01/2019

Patty D.

It went very well. Paul communicated the progress of the project from estimate to completion punctually. The four windows were replace in less than a day; the crew was on time, professional and cleaned up nicely. We would consider using the company on future projects.

Description of Work
Replacement of the basement windows

06/20/2019

Peter E.

I'd had Paul do some work last year, and was very pleased with people/performance. So, in March I approached him to see if he could handle everything I needed done, so I'd only have to deal with one person. He gave me an original estimate of $29,000, and a 2 - 3 month timeline. The fun started in April: Fence - gorgeous, 'good neighbor' style; New Roof (even allowing for removal / replacement of a solar hot water heater); Gorgeous exterior paint job; Awesome bathroom, with grab bars, new tub enclosure, fixtures, toilet and shower glass; new gutters, completed today. The solitary exception is shower glass door - needing to be rescheduled due to traffic (NOT Paul's issue). Final price? About $33,000, primarily due to choices I made along the way. HIGHEST commendation and kudos to Paul, Mark and Audrey - as well as his other players (all of whose names momentarily escape me, of course). Everyone was courteous, punctual, responsive (even to my indoor cat and the outdoor squirrels!) and pleasant. I'll miss those folk!

Description of Work
Fence, Roof, Exterior painting, Bathroom Remodel, Misc Repairs

Category electrician, fencing, flooring contractor, gutter repair, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, replacement windows, deck cleaning, woodworking, home remodeling, house painters

05/20/2019

Randy S.

arrived on time on the date promised. completed removing t-111 siding and replacing with same and with cedar shingles. completed in a timely fashion and cleaned up afterwards. no issues with quality of work. will be using again.

Description of Work
siding replacement

Category siding

05/15/2019

Michael P.

We have used Paul Cottle in the past to replace all our windows and this time, we needed new doors. We could not have been happier with their work. Paul, Mark and Audrey came back to replace our front, side, and sliding door and everything went great! As usual, super easy to communicate with Paul and plan things out. Paul gets all the pricing, explains things really well, and then has Mark and Audrey to help collaborate and do great work. There were absolutely no problems and the doors came out great. The team even dealt with some quirky catches with ease and a storm door that seemed quite difficult to get on. A pleasure working with Paul and company!

Description of Work
Replaced a front, side, and sliding glass door

03/28/2019

Christian K.

Very well! Paul was recommended to me by Truax Building Supply, and I can see why. He is extraordinarily professional, a great communicator, and does impeccable work. He dealt with the fact that NOTHING in my house is square, which presented a slight issue when installing the door - but you can't tell at all when you look at the door! His work is great, and he is great to work with. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
I needed the opening to my crawl space measure, and an appropriate size door ordered and installed.

02/07/2019

FAY G.

You need to stop and read this review. You are going to read some amazing things about this man, his crew and the work he performed. I got several bids and chose Paul. He wasn't the highest or lowest, but the one I felt most comfortable with. I tried to be prepared with architect drawings, structural engineering reports, fixtures picked out, etc. I thought I was on top of it. Paul started the work and everything was going fine until the world came crashing down. My kidneys quit working. I was in a coma for five days, in the hospital for a month and in recovery for almost three months. This happened shortly after Paul started work on my project. Now I do believe many contractors would have walked away or at least asked to put the work on hold until a later date. Not Paul. He went on with the work as if nothing at all was wrong. If you have ever done a remodel, you know there are a cazillion items that need to be discussed and dealt with and so many decisions to be made. Paul was trying to figure this out with me barely able to assist him at all. It was a most difficult ordeal for him to try and work and get information from me as to what I wanted. He was always checking to see how I was doing health wise while also trying to make sure my remodel would be as perfect and as beautiful as I was hoping it would be. Paul and his crew were so kind, so patient and took it upon themselves to make sure that the work they did was something they would be proud to have in their own homes. The few times I was able to stop by my house to see how the work was going, his crew would stop what they were doing to help me get into the house, set up place for me sit as they showed me what they had done or what the were working on or to ask questions as to how I wanted something to look or where I wanted it placed. In the end, thanks to Paul and his crew, my place looks great, better then great. Paul said after I was feeling better, he was going to take some photos and place them on his website. I hope he does so you can all see the beautiful work that they accomplished--especially my bathroom, which is a work of art. There are many great contractors here in Portland, but not all that many that have the kind of compassion, caring and heart of Paul Cottle and his crew.

Description of Work
Turned three small bedrooms and a bathroom into two bedrooms with master bath.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, hardwood floor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, ceiling fans, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

12/18/2018

Helen S.

As a new home owner, I ran into problems with the first contractor I hired. I ended up with windows for the entire house but no one to install them. I'm glad I found Paul. It was a stressful and somewhat time sensitive problem. He called me back right away and came to give me a quote within a few days. He was hesitant to take on the job because he likes to measure his own windows so there are no problems. We ended up finding that one of the windows had in fact been measured incorrectly during the process and needed to be reordered. Paul was able to install the windows within my timeline. Paul and his crew were polite and on time and cleaned up after themselves. Paul always followed up with me when he said he would which I appreciated. They did a great job installing the windows in our older bungalow home. I wasn't able to find another installer for a quote in regards to cost. Paul's price was quite a bit more than what I was going to pay the first contractor but still seemed reasonable for the job. And you get what you pay for.

Description of Work
installation of windows and one door

Category replacement windows, doors

10/06/2018

Jonathan E.

The door was in a very damp location and Paul was very mindful of this when suggesting materials and performing the installation. The work was done a faster then estimated and the installation and finish was high quality.

Description of Work
Replaced exterior door

08/23/2018

Jennifer J.

On budget, ahead of schedule and looks beautiful! I called Paul Cottle Construction a couple of years ago for a small remodel, and didn’t hesitate to call again to do some more updates to my home. There was some dry-rot in the siding on the south side of the house. I had the siding replaced, had a sliding door removed and replaced with a standard window and had a small deck removed. Jesus and Antonio did the work on the house. They worked in the sun, through 90+ degree days, and they worked hard. They were polite and professional, kept me informed during the process and finished the project earlier than initially projected. I so appreciate Paul and his team. I am very pleased with the work that they did. The exterior and interior look great. Changing out the sliding door to a standard window has made a large difference to the temperature in that room. They cleaned up well and left my house in great condition. I would definitely call Paul for other projects in the future and recommend him to friends and family.

Description of Work
Replaced siding, removed a sliding door and replaced with a window, and removed a deck.

Category drywall, egress windows, picture framing, insulation, remodeling, siding, replacement windows, house painters

08/14/2018

Jonathan G.

Paul came out to look at the water damage on the south side of our house. He gave us a visual diagnosis that the water could be coming from anywhere and would not be able to determine damage and source until the walls were opened up. Since the house had the original cedar shingles from the 1950's and south side gets a beating from the sun, he proposed that we replace it with a durable fiber-cement siding material, correct flashing and trim that were installed improperly, among other things. He was punctual, responsive, thorough, and communicated clearly. His company was highly rated as a strong, dependable service provider. He provided us with a reasonable proposal and we felt we could trust the project in Paul's hands.

Description of Work
Siding, windows and doors; repair water damage

Category egress windows, siding, water damage restoration, replacement windows

We strive to do every project as if we were working on our own homes. Jon & Elma decided to replace all the exterior siding on their residence and their cash budget was not sufficient to cover the cost. Since we do not offer financing (we do however accept all major credit cards) they decided to move forward with another company that was able to offer financing. I sincerely appreciate the kind review and I wish Jon & Elma the best on their residing project. Paul Cottle-Owner

07/25/2018

Tamara G.

Paul was a great choice for our window replacement project in our rental. he was very communicative of all the steps, kept us updated when windows would be delivered, and followed up after the job to retrieve the old windows for disposal as promised. We would recommend Paul as a window contractor if you need new windows!

Description of Work
New window installation in older home

06/17/2018

Danielle D.

We had a leaking window and learned that this was a consequence of some fairly major siding issues - due to age and weather from southern exposure. We also had some blown windows and a back door that leads to the garage that could no longer open due to water damage (that needed to be completely replaced, jamb and all). The job was fairly extensive and Paul's team, Audrey and Mark, completed everything in about 4-5 days. They are precise, efficient and they plan carefully. On top of this, they are professional and friendly...we missed them once they were gone! Luckily our home is 20 years old which should enable us to have them back about once a year for a few years! Overall, Paul is straightforward, clear and fair and we recommend them highly for any work that you may need done. They are the best around!

Description of Work
Window and siding issues

Category siding, replacement windows, woodworking, house painters, doors

04/05/2018

James P.

My project consisted of replacing a large sliding glass door and 2, second story windows. From start-to-finish, Paul and his crew did an excellent job! Paul kept in constant contact with me from the time the windows were purchased until we were able to schedule the install. Once the install began, he and his crew were very punctual and professional. The installation went very smoothly and I'm very happy with the end result. I would definitely recommend and hire Paul and his crew in the future. If you're looking for someone who is professional, punctual, knowledgeable and takes pride in his work, Paul is your man!

Description of Work
Sliding glass door & 2 window replacement

Category siding, replacement windows, house painters

03/21/2018

Alison H.

Paul came out and saw the likely cause of the issue. He was able to explain his plan of attack on how to address it. He had availability to come and address the problem quickly which was great. He was carefully able to remove some cedar siding in order to tape, caulk and flash the windows properly. We have had no issues with the windows that Paul fixed up for us. He and his crew were clean and curtious.

Description of Work
Address Leaking windows

Landon Robert Jenkinson Painting

I provide quality interior and exterior painting and restoration services. Licensed, bonded, insured and lead safe certified. I communicate clearly and coordinate with my customers to ensure the work is done to their standard and within budget and time constraints. I specialize in fine finish interior painting.

Muir Painting

Hello, I would like to introduce myself. I'm Dan Muir, born and raised in Portland Oregon. I went to Centennial High School and have a five year degree from Multnomah University. I began painting in 1973 to work my way through college and continued after graduation. I began on old Portland homes and soon perfected the preperation necessary to produce long lasting, quality paint jobs. I make an effort to be prompt and timely, to insist on quality, and employ people who are well versed in comunicating with customers who may have questions or concerns. I have been quite successful in painting largely due to my overall dedication to good preparation, the use of quality materials and the knowledge of the many dynamics in this particular industry. Good paint jobs do not happen by accident. It takes an organized effort with people that know the business. I hope you will trust me with your home or your commercial property and I promise I will do all I can to make the painting experience a pleasant one. Our license number is 47305 and everyone that works for me is on payroll and fully insured. You can contact me directly at 503 810 6105. You can also look us up at www.muirpainting.com. Award winning. Additional phone - (503) 291-7011.

Award 2022
    NEIL W LIVINGSTON BULLIER

I specialize in the interior repainting of residential property prior to sale or occupancy. Walls, ceilings, doors, trim and cabinetry, if this sounds like you give me a call. I look forward to the opportunity to be of service. License Number: 127041.

195661
    Oregon
    Oregon: Contractors
    12/21/2023

Replacement Windows & Doors, Siding, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Basement & Attic Remodeling, Decks, Flooring, Tile, Plumbing, & Water Damage Repairs.

Excavation, Electrical, Foundations & Concrete.