Oregon Chimney Repair & Cleaning Inc

Founded 1979 • With Angi since May 2005

1534 SE Holgate Blvd

Portland, OR 97202

Locally owned & operated since 1979, Oregon Chimney's competent and knowledgable Masons & Sweeps can handle any chimney repair job and chimney cleaning. We also do a variety of other services including chimney caps, linings , waterproofing, flashing, dampers, Real Estate inspections and firebox

11/24/2020

BRENDA T.

We had a very good experience with Oregon Chimney Repair & Cleaning. Jeff came to assess the problem, and he explained hid bid clearly and thoroughly. We got scheduled within a reasonable amount of time (considering our rainy weather), and when Joey came to do the work he was so respectful of our privacy that we didn't even know he was here! He replaced tiles, removed moss from the chimney and crown, applied waterproof cement to the crown, and ground out and regrouted damaged joints - even dyeing the mortar to match. He did a great job and left our place spotless. Jeff will return in a few days to apply sealant, and we're delighted to have a 5-year warranty on the work done. We appreciated the professional and friendly service, and they got the work done at a fair price. Total cost: $1300

Description of Work
Repair of a chimney that caused a slow leak into our ceiling.

Category masonry, chimney repair

08/29/2020

Doug M.

I was incredibly impressed by my experience with these guys. I needed work done quickly in order to sell my home. They managed to find a way to fit me in their schedule, they really bent over backwards to make it work, and they did great work. I'd heartily recommend them to anyone, they were awesome.

Description of Work
Repair chimney and do a chimney sweep

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair

Hello [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your review, we really appreciate your telling others about your experience with Oregon Chimney. We pride ourselves on making sure the homeowner is completely satisfied with our work. Sincerely Colleen M

04/30/2020

Josef K.

I was very happy with the job from beginning to end. I gathered bids from 3 different contractors and selected Oregon Chimney partly because of the price but more importantly Jeremy recommended only the work that was required rather than a significantly more expensive complete chimney rebuild. His intuitions proved correct as during the demolition process, the crew identified that the damage was the result of water intrusion/freezing and not a larger structural issue or damage to the clay flues. The crew members were professional and polite. They were cognizant about parking their equipment so as not to block the driveway. I especially appreciate that they were careful about not damaging the landscaping around the chimney and took precautions to minimize the impact to the house and surrounding yard. While operating aloft, the crew wore fall protection equipment which indicates the company's concern for its employees as well as OSHA compliance. The job was finished on time and for the estimated price and there was timely communication from the office staff. Upon completion, there was almost no evidence that the crew was here except for a well-repaired chimney! Thanks to Jeremy, Amber and the rest of the crew at Oregon Chimney Repair & Cleaning.

Description of Work
Extensive repair on large, 2 flue brick chimney

Category chimney caps, chimney repair

Good morning, Thank you so much for your very nice review. We really appreciate you having us do the work and then sharing your good experience on here. I will share this with the crew. Please do call us if we can help with anything else. Be safe and take care : ) Amber

11/01/2019

Beverly B.

We highly recommend Oregon Chimney Repair & Cleaning, Inc. We hired them for a chimney rebuild and chimney sweep. From job bid to completion, there was always excellent communication with this very professional and honest team. The work was completed in a timely manner and for a very fair price. We are extremely pleased with the excellent quality work. Thank you Jeff and team, Mike, and Amber!

Description of Work
Chimney rebuild and chimney sweep

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair

Good morning, You are very kind to share your experience. We really appreciate the review. Please call if you need us : )

05/13/2019

Ashley K.

They did an excellent job and were conscious of my budget.

Description of Work
Chimney repair

Category chimney repair

Thank you for taking the time to share. I am happy we were able to help you : )

04/28/2019

Jen B.

I contacted Oregon Chimney with a time sensitive chimney repair request. They responded quickly and sent someone out to do an estimate. The estimate came back quickly, but it took them over 24 hours to tell me when they could begin the work. When they finally got back to me, it was to tell me they could not do the work after all. Waste of time.

Description of Work
Chimney replacement

Category chimney repair

Hello, Unfortunately, due to the size of your job we could not fit it into our schedule in the time frame you requested. I had to check with all crews before letting you know if we could get it done for you or not. That took a day because all the guys were busy and it took time for them to figure out if they could do it or not. We try to help everyone in a timely manner but are instances that we cannot do a large rush job. Thank you, Amber

05/03/2018

Andrew B.

Their bid was best. They were able start work sonner than planned/committed. The supervisor and crew were friendly, polite, conscientious and communicated clearly. The work was done well and efficiently. The area was cleaned up.

Description of Work
One chimney rebuild. One chimney removal and roof rebuild.

Category masonry, roofing, chimney caps, chimney repair

Hello [Member Name Removed] Thank you for your review of Oregon Chimney. We are very happy that you were satisfied with our overall work and service. If you need any further help with your chimney were here to service your needs. Sincerely, Colleen Mitchel

12/04/2017

JULIANNA W.

The work was done very well. However, they missed their first appointment (the estimator was at another job and couldn't get away). That was frustrating because both my tenant and I took time off to meet them. They did show up a few days later as promised and gave us a thorough estimate. They were so busy we had to book one onth out

Description of Work
After our pellet stove was removed our chimney needed some minor repairs. Oregon Chimney came out in October and gave us a great estimate, and returned as scheduled and made the repairs. They were done in four hours, were very professional and cleaned up very well after themselves.

Category chimney sweep, masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces

We appreciate your feedback and that you were patient with us while we caught up. Please call shall you need anything else.

09/07/2017

Ronald H.

It turned out very good. I would use them again. They were responsive and their price was good. I was just happy with the quality of their work.

Category chimney repair

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. It was a pleasure working for you. Pleas don't hesitate to call if you need anything else.

07/06/2017

Guy G.

Steve and crew did a superb job. Very professional. The new chimney looks excellent. They returned one month afterwards and applied water sealant to the cured mortar and bricks. Would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Remove and Rebuild existing brick chimney from roof line up. Installed new flashing and stainless rain cap.

Category chimney repair

Thank you, Sir! We truly appreciate your feedback.

06/26/2017

STEVE G.

They arrived at the appointment on time with a team of workers and immediately got busy. They did a great job and thoroughly cleaned up the work site when finished.

Description of Work
Chimney repair: Replace flue tile, install new flashing, cut out and replace about 5 damaged bricks,

Category chimney repair

Thank you, Mr. [Member Name Removed]. We appreciate your great review. Please call if you need anything else.

04/28/2017

SUNIL R.

Mark came out for an estimate, took one look, and fixed the damper--apparently sometimes you have to slam them up with a lot of force to get them to stay up. It wasn't broken, it just needed to be pushed back up with a lot of force. I am extremely impressed with the level of integrity he displayed, and would highly recommend this company. An untrustworthy company might allow or encourage their people to take advantage of people who don't know any better, I'm very impressed with the high level of honesty.

Description of Work
Our damper was not closing, and we thought we would need a complete replacement. We expected we would need to pay $300 - $500 to replace the damper.

Category chimney repair

Hello, Thank you for sharing your experience. I am happy to hear that there wasn't a problem and that you did not have to pay for an unnecessary repair. Take care! Amber

04/18/2017

Robert(Bob) H.

Great! They showed me where the problems were and what it woule take to remedy them. I was put on the schedule for about a month out, but they called with a cancellation and were able to do the job early. Excellent work and IT DOESN't leak!!

Description of Work
Chimney was leaking

Category chimney repair

Thank you so much for writing this review. We appreciate your business and for you taking the time to share your experience. Take care, Amber

02/22/2017

Mary Anne F.

They did a good job. We had leakage problems before and we have not had any leakage problems after.

Description of Work
We had our chimney repaired and we used Oregon Chimney. They repaired the flashing around the chimney.

Category chimney repair

So pleased to hear that your leak stopped. Please call should you need anything else. Thank you for your review.

12/09/2016

Jennie S.

Very professional crew, cleaned up, explained & showed me what was done. Waiting for dry weather to finish waterproofing.

Description of Work
Repair a chimney crack, install clean out door, tuck point & mortaring, install new flashing

Category masonry, chimney repair

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Thank you for choosing Oregon Chimney.

11/24/2016

JEFFREY L.

While the company was responsive, the technician who did the work was disengaged and seemed primarily interested in doing the minimal amount of work. The work was done adequately but I have no confidence that it is what it could have been.

Description of Work
Chimney cleaning

Category chimney sweep

Thank you for your review. I am displeased to hear that your experience was not ideal and will speak to the tech. Thank you again for your feedback.

11/03/2016

Gabriela D.

The gentleman came out quickly for an estimate, no charge. After looking at the inside where the leak was, he then went onto the roof to look at the chimney. I was told that leak was due to wood rot and not a chimney problem. I so appreciate the honesty, the quick response, and the pleasantness of the person that came out as well as the office staff. I would definitely call this company again if I had a chimney problem. Thanks again!!

Description of Work
I called this company because I thought I had a leak due to a chimney problem.

Category chimney repair

Thank you for your review. We hope that you found the source of the leak and that it was fixed for you.

10/14/2016

Jeffery T.

Excellent! On time, very good quality and friendly crew

Description of Work
Chimney cap and repair of all Mortor above roofline

Category chimney repair

Thank you for your awesome review. We greatly appreciate the feedback.

10/10/2016

Ellen U.

The repair person showed up timely and did the work. He took care to explain what he did and how it was responsive to our needs. He also told us how to determine whether any additional work would need to be done.

Description of Work
Repair of the rim of the chimney and addition of caps

Category chimney caps, chimney repair

Thank you for your great review. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that you are a satisfied customer.

10/05/2016

Manning W.

It went well. A great deal of scaffolding was necessary and it went up the day prior to the work. The supervisor visited several times to inspect the work. Very professional work all the way through the job.

Description of Work
They rebuilt about a dozen courses of brick and installed a cap over the fire flue. They refashioned the top courses to allow rainwater to drip away from the chimney. Coated the interior of the chimney with mortar as far down as they could reach.. Tuck-pointed the south side of the chimney where it intersected with the roof and repaired the flashing. They will coat the entire chimney with waterproofing after the mortar has cured (at least 30 days; more if the weather is wet).

Category fireplaces

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is important and much appreciated.

09/12/2016

Christine H.

Great. They were fast and very reasonable. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Chimney repair.

Category masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair

Thank you so much for your review. We are pleased to hear that your experience went well.

06/17/2016

Jeffrey H.

Excellent work, very clean and professional service!

Description of Work
Chimney Inspection & Sweep

Category chimney sweep

Thank you so much for your review. Please call shall you need anything else.

11/11/2015

Rick L.

Spoke with Amber on the phone and she provided an estimate. The crew was in the area nd completed the work before I arrived home on the same day! Price was competitive. They also provided a fair estimate for tuck pointing and sealing which I will do in the dry weather.

Description of Work
Replace Chimney Cap

Category chimney caps, chimney repair

Awesome! Thank you for your nice review. Always appreciated.

11/05/2015

Sandra B.

They arrived on time, began work immediately, and finished as scheduled. They noticed and pointed out other homeowner issues of which I should be aware. They were courteous, professional and thorough.

Description of Work
Completed tuck pointing chimney and other mortar. Re-attached chimney cap.

Category masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a nice review for us. We do appreciate it. Glad the experience was great. Thank you!

09/23/2015

Aaron O.

I have a large chimney with three flues that were supposedly cleaned when we bought the house last May. I called OR Chimney and asked if they would be willing to please come and check it for me as I wasn't sure if it needed to be cleaned again or not. It turns out that when it was cleaned last May, they only did the main fireplace and there was 10 YEARS of creosote built up in the other two. Dan did a very thorough job with this helper Stefan and they left my house super clean, which was impressive for all of the soot they hauled out of my house. I am so happy I called them and know my chimney is much safer for the winter. I would definitely recommend calling them!

Description of Work
Cleaned and swept three chimney flues.

Category chimney repair

Thank you so much for taking the time to write an awesome review for us. We truly appreciate your business.

JT Landscape

Professionals creating new landscapes for over 10 years. Services ranging from landscape maintenance to Landscape Installations. CALL US TODAY!

Terra-Sol Landscaping

Working Year Round serving the Greater Portland Metro area since 1977 in Landscape Design & Installation. We use only the finest materials & guarantee our work. Our crew will work with you to create the perfect Landscape for your location, size and budget. Customer satisfaction is our top priority. Our professional staff can handle just about any project. People truly enjoy working with David in creating their special garden spaces as David has an extensive plant knowledge.

Paradise Hardscapes & Construction LLC

Complete landscaping services including hardscaping/pavers, patios, irrigation services, sod installation, complete lawn/yard remodels, pressure washing, fencing, lawn maintenance, yard clean-ups. We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

Oregon
    Oregon: Contractors
    08/12/2022
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Chimney cleaning and repair work, mailboxes, pavers and driveways, tuck-pointing, waterproofing, relining, raincaps & windcaps.

We don't do duct and dryer vent cleaning but we work with several wonderful local companies if you need a referral. Give us a call and we'd be happy to pass their information on to you.