Nichols Plumbing

Founded 1998 • With Angi since January 2006

PO Box 68551

Portland, OR 97267

Residental plumbing service. 25 years experience. We have serviced Angie's List customers for 11 years. We have won the super service award each and every year! Owner is on EVERY single job. Specialize in plumbing repair, repipes, water heaters, gas lines, main water lines, and remodels.

05/04/2020

Sherilyn V.

Very good. He was here promptly. We had a re occurrence of the leak the following day and he was out here immediately. He fixed it without further charge.

Description of Work
We had a leak under our sink and he came over and fixed it

02/06/2020

Kathleen B.

Once again Bob saved the day and saved me money! I've used Nichols several times and its always a great experience. All of my jobs have been small but Bob deals with these quickly and professionally. I'll always use Nichols

Description of Work
Faucet causing awful leak fixed

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

01/28/2019

Tomas G.

I have used Bob before. He is one of the most professional and responsive contractors I have ever worked with. I had a water heater die on me right before Thanksgiving and Bob and his colleague were out super fast to replace it. The new water heater had a manufacturer defect in the pilot light (definitely not Bob's fault) and Bob was out at 9 pm on Thanksgiving night (!) to come take a look. I was very impressed. He replaced the part the following day. And it has worked great since then. I wish I Angie's List allowed us to rate contractors with A+s, as Bob Nichols Plumbing has earned that across the board. I would hire again in a heart beat.

Description of Work
Replace water heater

10/19/2018

Sara W.

Bob and his team are great to work with. We discovered a leak and Bob came out that day and gave us a bid. Because of how our house was originally plumbed, it turned out to be a large and expensive job, but Bob's quote was more than fair (I got a couple of other estimates for comparison) and he made room on his schedule to get us taken care of quickly. Bob and his team were very professional, very clean, and the work they did is great. I would not hesitate to recommend them and I will use them again in the future if we need it.

Description of Work
install new main line and repipe garage

08/07/2018

Greg & Sommer D.

Went above and beyond. Showed up on time and was finished very quickly. Very friendly and very knowledgeable. I would hire again anytime I needed a plumber.

Description of Work
Faucet in bath & shower replaced.

04/02/2018

Elissa S.

Bob was fantastic and got my new water line installed quickly. He was great to work with; very responsive and friendly and knowledgeable. I'm looking forward to hiring him for any other plumbing work I need to have done in the future.

Description of Work
New water line from street to house.

Category plumbing

Thank you for the kind words, It was great working with you, please call if you have any problems. Bob Nichols

11/23/2017

John M.

Great job very professional and friendly

Description of Work
Leak in main water pipe

11/22/2017

Julie V.

Amazing! They were too busy to schedule an appointment for our home, but they called to tell me that and then suggested another local plumber who was fantastic! Even though they weren't able to come to our home, I want to express my appreciation. #bestcustomerservice

Description of Work
We had a variety of odd jobs to do here at home.

10/13/2017

Liz G.

Had to work in unfinished basement ceiling. Tight space. Work completed and done well.

Description of Work
We need an outdoor spigot replaced back to the valve inside.j

08/03/2017

LINDA S.

They are great and responsive. We will use them again. We called several company. They were the most responsive and the closest to our home. We've had plumbers here before that have refused to crawl under the house. They crawled under the house. This guy was very efficient. He knew the answers to all the questions and he called us back with any information that he couldn't. He was just great.

Description of Work
They repaired a drain pipe and installed an overflow tank on our water heater. They put in a water shut off in our front yard.

07/05/2017

Terry S.

Completed job way under estimate. Very fair. Totally professional and prompt. Plumbers have been booked solid in this area but Bob worked us in and treated us right. My new plumber and he is in my local area.

Description of Work
Shut-off valve under kitchen sink, new outside hose bib.

07/05/2017

Jim H.

A plastic elbow piece of pipe had burst under the house due to freezing temperatures. Nichols was able to come out right away and fix it fast. Quality work and affordable price. Great value, I'll definitely use Nichols again!

Description of Work
Replacement of plastic pipe elbow.

06/26/2017

Karolyn K.

Mr. Nichols gave me a quote over the phone and said he would try to replace the water heater on the day I called. He called later that morning to verify he would complete the job in the afternoon. He brought another worker with him and they had the job completed in a couple of hours. They were very professional, and did an excellent job. They stayed until they made sure everything was working correctly. They cleaned up the area before they left. I would hire them again for any plumbing needs.

Description of Work
Replace water heater

06/21/2017

Kaya S.

Bob (owner/operator of Nichols Plumbing) was immediately responsive to our phone messages and started on the job promptly — essential, because we were losing about 200 gals/minute from the leak. It turned out the leak was on the City of Milwaukie's side, so they also needed to get involved and install a new water meter. Bob's interface with them was seamless, prompt and professional, as well as his coordination of the various locators who needed to come out to indicate utility lines. The whole job went very smoothly, right down to the final repaving of the affected area of the sidewalk. Bob's demeanor is very calm and focused on the task at hand. He explained each step of the process in a way that was easily understood, and discussed options with us as needed.

Description of Work
Our main water line needed to be replaced, as well as bringing the house's shutoff valve up to code.

06/12/2017

Vicki W.

Very knowledgeable and professional, cost reasonable (several $100 less than another company). He honored his bid, although he had to call another man to help lift the heater over a post in the floor of the garage. He recommended that I install a new expansion tank, because high water pressure had caused a leak in the tank since new. It was reasonably priced ($125 installed). He also fixed a leaky bathroom faucet at no change, and gave me a $50 senior discount. I will use him for any future plumbing needs!

Description of Work
Replace water heater

05/27/2017

Tomas G.

Great. I was lucky and when I called Bob was able to be at my house in about 50 minutes, which was good because I had an active leak under my sink. He removed a water filtration system that had been under the sink, and was the cause of many problems in the past, and then fixed a leak in the valve stem. Anyhow, he was super responsive and professional.

Description of Work
Remove water filtration system and fix leak in valve stem.

05/08/2017

John E.

Leaks were fixed. Bob had a very busy schedule and was honest about his availability, even recommending that if it was an emergency to contact another plumber. However as it wasn't an emergency we scheduled with him.

Description of Work
Leaks in p-traps in bathroom vanity sinks.

05/03/2017

Paul H.

Replaced with appropriate style he recommended to match existing features

Description of Work
Replace BR faucet

04/02/2017

JEANNETTE G.

Bob arrived as scheduled, assessed and explained process to repair leaks. He was extremely tidy. The area around the house was very muddy; he did not track in any mud. It was necessary to cut out drywall under kitchen sink to access pipe onto which new hose bib connection was soldered. (Replace leaky, improperly installed hose bib.) Bob made a very small opening through which he soldered copper pipe. We agreed that it was good not to catch the house on fire. ;-) Bob concluded that the second exterior hose bib could likely be repaired by replacing a washer. He returned later, after buying a non-standard washer, and replaced the washer. No more leaks!

Description of Work
Repair leaky bathroom sink drain pipe/p-trap. Repair two leaking exterior hose bibs.

03/28/2017

John S.

We were on a very tight schedule in our bathroom redo. The vanity was scheduled for installation and the stone cutter was set to make his template shortly thereafter. After removing the toilet we realized that it had leaked and that all of the galvanized pipes were old and corroded. Bob Nichols was able to fit us in between jobs and even worked on a Saturday to finish the job for us on time (without charging overtime rates.) He replaced all of the pipes and was a pleasure to work with, personable and helpful. He noticed that our shower valve handle was loose and fixed it and he put on a flange extender to solve the leaking toilet problem. He came back after we had finished the rest of the work and hooked up the sink and installed the toilet. He was always on time and was good at communicating. We felt that his rates were reasonable, he noted the time he started and ended and had an itemized list of all parts needed for the job. We will definitely call him again when we need a plumber.

Description of Work
Complete replacement of bathroom plumbing

03/21/2017

Daniel V.

It went very well. When I contacted the company, they picked up the phone right away and scheduled an appointment for me very quickly. Bob showed up on time and he was very friendly, knowledgeable and professional. He explained what he is going to do to test and what are the options to fix the issue after the testing. He did all the work very quickly and he picked the best option to do things correctly and also saves us money. The pricing was very clear in advance and very reasonable and affordable. I cannot be happier. I will recommend Bob to anyone. Thank you so much.

Description of Work
We had an issue where we open the water valve for the outside water, the water leaks/splashes all over right by the valve. Also, we had another issue where the hot water does not come out all the way even though the hot water is turned on all the way for one of our faucets.

03/13/2017

Dwight D.

I have used them a couple of times lately. I would give them an A. He did a fantastic job. We usually use 2 or 3 other plummer's and they couldn't make it so we called him. Now I would call him first. He was able to come out the next day. He showed up when he said he would. He was clean and considerate. There was no problems at all. He was very very clean. He had a special little tool that could rotate in different ways because he had to cut off some of the piping. He had a couple of classrooms being a preschool. He was very good. He worked around the kids, so we did have to disrupt the class much.

Description of Work
Unclogged drain

Category drain cleaning

03/05/2017

Mark C.

Highly responsive, punctual, quick and neat work, and right on budget We've hired Bob for several projects now, and have been very pleased with each one Highly recommend

Description of Work
Bob replaced a 17-year old gas water heater for us

01/30/2017

Linda B.

He arrived on time, was very professional, left the counter looking better than before and pointed out a faulty drain situation for our dishwasher which he quickly remedied! His price was fair and as quoted. I would definitely hire him again😀

Description of Work
Install a kitchen faucet.

01/27/2017

Robert S.

Outstanding service! Very efficient and did a great job letting me know what he was going to do. His rate was a bit higher than some, but his efficiency on the job made it well worth it.

Description of Work
Replumed water line and drain pipe, replaced pipe vent, fixed a leaky faucet.

Cornel's Plumbing

Call to schedule today! At Cornel's Plumbing, we take pride in being locally owned and operated. With over 30+ years of plumbing experience under our belts, we have extensive knowledge & experience of both Plumbing and sewer replacement and service! We get the job done right the first time, and strive to bring our customers only the best service. We are always on time, always leave the location cleaner than we found it, and will find a solution for any plumbing need!

Razorblade plumbing LLC

Small plumbing company with the best prices around guaranteed!

Realistic Rooter LLC

Realistic Rooter is a locally owned, family operated plumbing and drain cleaning company servicing the Portland Metropolitan area with 15 plus years experience. We also offer sewer location, sewer repair and excavation. Our dedication to quality customer service and professionalism will leave you more than satisfied with any and all of your drain clearing needs. Call us for any kitchen, bathroom, laundry, main sewer line, outside rain drains or toilet clogs. We offer cabling ( snaking ), jetting and camera services.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Plumbers Specializing in Main Water Line replacement and repair, low water pressure issues, remodels to repipes, toilets, faucets and much more, highest quality work, best prices in town.

Sorry no commercial work, new houses, drain cleaning.