Mt. Tabor Construction

Founded 1985 • With Angi since June 2009

Mt. Tabor Construction offers general contracting services including all phases of remodel projects-kitchen, bath, basement, attic, plus, electrical, plumbing, fencing, gates, decks, painting-interior/exterior, drywall and plaster, landscaping, as well as home repair/handyman services.

Patio CoverBathroom remodelFencing

handyman (52)home remodeling (24)electrician (11)woodworking (10)plumbers (10)general contractors (9)chimney repair (6)interior painting (4)ceiling fan installation (4)lighting (4)house painting (3)drywall (3)

05/11/2022

JEREMY G.

Very thorough with great attention to detail. Identified error with venting of 2 fans into attic space and fixed with ducting to the outside through roof. Will definitely hire again!

Description of Work
Bathroom fan replacement and add ducting to vent 2 exhaust fans to the outside through roof.

Category handyman service, chimney repair

Work Completed On 05/11/2022

09/26/2021

Anne M.

Rob did a great job and was 100% reliable!

Description of Work
Bathroom redo

Category chimney repair, home remodeling

Work Completed On 09/26/2021

06/27/2021

Pam H.

Fantastic! Rob has extensive expertise and was able to help us out with a wide range of projects. He's efficient and cares about finding the best solution for the homeowner, rather than up-selling. He was a joy to work with.

Description of Work
Installation of fire alarms and a Nest thermostat, door repair, and more.

Category contractors, electrician, handyman service, woodworking

Work Completed On 06/21/2021

02/13/2021

Vince B.

Very well. I needed job done quickly and Rob delivered. It was not the easiest of installations for sure and there were complications, but he stuck with it and got job done well. Very personable and honest delivery of service!

Description of Work
Installation of island range hood and exterior vent

Category chimney repair, ceiling fans, home remodeling

Work Completed On 01/12/2021

10/04/2020

Lilith S.

Refused to even provide an estimate, total waste of time.

Description of Work
Mailbox repair

Category contractors

Work Completed On 10/04/2020

Someone barely touched your mailbox. You wanted an estimate to replace it. I gave that to you. I then asked how I was going to get paid. You had no idea. Why would anyone take on this job when there are no guarantees as to who is going to pay for the work? I am sorry you had such a poor experience with me but I know of no other licensed contractor who would risk doing this work. Rob Willis Mt. Tabor Construction 503 756-3219

08/28/2020

John S.

Fine job. Excellent communication. On time - every time.

Description of Work
Shower Grab Bar Installation

Category contractors, handyman service

Work Completed On 08/20/2020

08/15/2020

james A.

Rob was super awesome very thorough from start to finish and I really like his work that was done

Description of Work
Ceiling fan installation

Category ceiling fans

Work Completed On 08/04/2020

05/13/2020

Karen S.

Thanks to patient and creative problem solving by Rob, the range hood installation went very well even though we have a quirky old home with extremely limited crawl space. He even talked me through product selection considerations when I found the array of options quite overwhelming and the salespeople unhelpful at various stores. As icing on the cake, he's fair priced, honest, and super friendly. I like watching and learning more about my home when contractors do work. Rob was great about that, sharing all his problem solving thought process with me, which I really appreciated.

Description of Work
Range Hood Installation

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 01/29/2020

04/18/2020

Karen A.

Great job wonderful service and quality work

Description of Work
Ceiling fans installed

Category ceiling fans

Work Completed On 04/18/2020

02/26/2020

George D.

Rob did a fantastic job. Even when the outlet installation turned out to be more involved than anticipated, he spent the extra time to make sure the outlets were just how I wanted them. Thank you!

Description of Work
Electrical outlet installation

Category electrician, handyman service

Work Completed On 02/25/2020

11/06/2019

Donald M.

Rob did an excellent job. He was very timely and kept me informed on how the repair was going. Rob is also a nice and engaging fellow. I'm very happy with the work he did for us.

Description of Work
Gate Repair

Work Completed On 10/15/2019

01/08/2019

LARRY S.

Rob did excellent work was quick, and professional. If other work need s to be done I'd call him.

Description of Work
Fixing a leaking sink.

Category handyman service, plumbing

Work Completed On 01/08/2019

12/07/2018

jayne L.

I needed to hang a door for an outdoor shed. Rob came out and assessed what needed to be done THE VERY NEXT DAY! Very responsive communication. He got back to me promptly with quite an impressive proposal. I actually did not go forward on it due to my own financial limitations and it’s not his fault. I thought his estimate was fair for his professionalism. However, I will be reaching out again next year when I remodel my kitchen! I’ll have more of a budget then :)

Description of Work
I needed to get a door hung on a shed.

Category contractors

10/04/2018

Diane P.

Rob responded to my bid request almost immediately. He was able to come out very promptly to evaluate the work I wanted done. He was very professional and gave an honest and reasonable appraisal/bid right away. When he came to do the work, he called ahead to notify me that he was on his way over. He did a thorough and very neat job, cleaned up his work site before he left. I was very happy with the work he did and look forward to relying on his company for any future projects, large or small. In addition to doing quality work, being professional, honest and trustworthy, you can tell that he loves what he does!

Description of Work
Drywall repair, caulk shower, faucet adjustment

Category drywall, handyman service, plumbing

Work Completed On 10/04/2018

11/18/2017

Beeman S.

He did a great job. He was very prompt and took care of the jobs within days of my calling him. He was very up-front about the costs involved, and let me know about any potential risks with regard to cost once the job starts.

Description of Work
Rob took care of a bunch of odd jobs for me. Fixed an unstable bannister, fixed a door that wouldn't close, and replaced a bunch of rotting deck boards.

Category handyman service, deck cleaning

Work Completed On 09/29/2017

09/27/2017

Beverly G.

The job went very well and was completed on time. Mt. Tabor Construction was thorough, honest, and did a quality job on all items requested.

Description of Work
I needed some major work done to a house I just purchased and needed it done quickly. Since then I've used this service for other repairs/and services.

Category contractors, electrician, gutter cleaning, handyman service, insulation, plumbing, woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/01/2017

09/27/2017

John C.

Rob was excellent. We could not be happier! An old cabinet was removed from the basement to make room for a new tenant’s washing machine/dryer. The cabinet had been used as support for handrails. The cabinet’s removal resulted in no hand rail and a 4-ft drop onto the floor. A safety hazard! Rob, with short notice, designed, constructed, installed a durable, artful solution. Certainly we would use Mt. Tabor Construction again!

Description of Work
Basement stairwell needed new safety features after removal of “100-year old cabinet.”

Work Completed On 09/26/2017

06/29/2017

Steven H.

Would not bid over the phone. Dismissed me as a client when I asked for a relative range of cost. Said it wasn't a fit based upon me wanting a price range. Not the best customer service practice.

Description of Work
I was attempting to get a ballpark range for a small, simple closet removal project.

Work Completed On 06/29/2017

Unfortunately, I did not get my point across to you when I said that I was currently working out of state and it would be unprofessional of me to give you a bid over the phone concerning a project that I have not inspected. You kept pushing me for a phone bid until I realized that I would not be a good fit for you. I was very curtious and thanked you for your call. For this, you give me my worst review in a decade? Rob Willis Mt. Tabor Construction (503) 756-3219

06/22/2017

DAVID B.

He's on vacation, so we're on hold.

Description of Work
I've had some preliminary conversations about possibly doing a future job, but nothing more than that. We've had one conversation on the phone and one in person, he came to the house.

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 05/15/2017

06/21/2017

Greg K.

It was a great experience. Rob was very responsive and kept me informed. He worked in my small project and was honest and upfront about what he could do and couldn't squeeze in. He researched and put me in touch with a person who specializes in metal work for the handrail which I really appreciated. Might be a little more than your average person but WELL worth it for quality attention to detail, trust in leaving my house, and cleaning up and following up.

Description of Work
Replacing porch light, installing new small chandelier fixture, help finding solution for railing on porch

Work Completed On 05/28/2017

05/08/2017

Charley Z.

Went great! Rob did great work and was fair on price. He was also very communicative and quick to respond to calls and texts. I'm sure we will contact him about further projects.

Description of Work
Needed a sagging porch inspected.

Category decks, handyman service, woodworking

Work Completed On 04/24/2017

01/08/2017

Sonia D.

We are very happy with Mt. Tabor Construction. Rob has done a couple of smaller projects around the house, and we plan to use him for larger projects as well. He responds to emails, calls, and texts quickly, so I never felt I was left hanging. We also appreciated his honesty, knowledge, and recommendations. He re-did the caulk around the tub and repaired the wall area behind the tub. The work was done within a timely manner and he did a good job working around our schedules. He also did some custom shelves in one of our closets around the same time and did a great job listening to what I was looking for a creating a more usable closet for us. I felt his prices were reasonable as well.

Description of Work
Caulk around tub, wall repair behind tub, custom closet shelves.

Work Completed On 01/06/2017

09/26/2016

Hank D.

Was too busy to come and bid the job. Wanted me to tell him my budget before looking at it.

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel