Mold Inspection Sciences of Portland

Founded 2002 • With Angi since April 2012

5319 SW Westgate Dr Ste 258

Portland, OR 97221

Mold Inspection Sciences of Portland offers our valued clients expert mold and moisture inspection and mold testing services. Our company has performed thousands of inspections since we were founded in 2002. We have an A+ record with the Better Business Bureau with no customer complaints. Looking for More Advice on Mold, Allergy, and Air Quality Impacting Your Family, Home, or Business? Listen in to The Secret Life of Mold Podcast Now Streaming On: Apple: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-secret-life-of-mold-mold-inspection-radio/id1459902004 Google: https://www.google.com/podcasts?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9hbmNob3IuZm0vcy9hNWU5ZDQwL3BvZGNhc3QvcnNz Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/1J1M4djZa41ICtMR0kCcMl Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/mold-inspection-sciences/the-secret-life-of-mold...

mold removal (62)

11/25/2020

ALLEN M.

I had a great experience with this company from my first point of contact with them until the final inspection report was delivered. They are great with client communications, they perform great work - Craig (the inspector who came onsite) was very professional, detail oriented, and thorough, and their rates were reasonable. Highly recommend this company if you are in/around Portland.

Description of Work
Mold Inspection

Work Completed On 11/25/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback on your experience with us! It was a pleasure working with you, please let us know if we can be of service in the future!

05/26/2018

Kathleen A.

Craig was extremely thorough and careful as he went through the house. While he didn't find any water intrusion/mold, he gave us some suggestions to perhaps eliminate the order I was smelling (which of course my husband couldn't smell). He was personable and spoke to us in lay terms, but not like we were 5 year olds.

Description of Work
Evaluate for presence of mold in the house

Work Completed On 05/22/2018

03/13/2018

Adam D.

We were very happy with the service from start to finish! When making the appointment, the entire process was described in detail, including prices, and when Craig got here, he went over how the inspection would go. Having that context—the people being good communicators—makes a big difference! Craig was happy to answer our many questions. He wrote up recommendations for lab tests in 5 places and we elected to do 4 of them. There was absolutely no pressure to do more, and no "selling" of any kind at all. We felt that Craig was mindful of what tests would be useful, and explained that well. We also felt he was earnest, helpful and there to get a job done well, rather than to make the company as much money as possible. The report came on time as promised and was easy to understand. A lot of people would say the service is overpriced just because they aren't too thrilled to spend a good amount of money. I think it's reasonably priced—people don't tend to consider all the costs for service like this: time spent traveling, sending samples to the lab, writing the report, time on site (several hours), lab fees, the inspector's experience and expertise, and the people who manage scheduling and bookkeeping and payroll... and I'm probably missing something.

Description of Work
Mold inspection, testing, and consulting

Work Completed On 03/13/2018

01/25/2018

Peter G.

Craig was professional, knowledgeable, prompt and courteous. He gave me a good idea of what to expect in dealing with the mold problem, which was a big help since I've not dealt with such things in the past.

Description of Work
Mold detection before and after remediation and prior to repairs.

Work Completed On 01/12/2018

08/10/2017

Debbie B.

Craig was prompt, professional, thorough and very knowledgeable. He took time to explain things to me and answer my questions. His report was easy to read and his partner called to go over the report and answer any questions. Every contact I've had with the people in this company have made me feel comfortable. It is clear they care about providing a good service for their customer.

Description of Work
We needed an inspection performed to determine the extent of mold in our basement.

Work Completed On 08/03/2017

08/07/2017

LuAnne C.

Very impressed with quality of service provided, willingness of technician to answer questions, explanation of testing and remediation process. Report received on time. Craig did a great job.

Description of Work
Whole-house inspection, air sampling, surface sampling, recommendations for crawlspace remediation.

Work Completed On 08/01/2017

06/07/2017

Mary Ann A.

Craig's mold sampling results came back quickly with very high degrees of compromised air quality. Craig recommended Oregon Restoration to do the cleanup, which resulted in removing everything from the contaminated rooms, sealing off the back of the house, removing sheetrock, carpeting, flooring, and insulation. Craig then returned after the mold was mitigated and did further mold samplings. The house is now mold free.

Description of Work
My elderly parent's mobile home was contaminated with mold. I needed immediate help on testing the air quality to see if the home was safe. I quickly found out the Craig is one of the top experts in both Oregon and Washington. Our first meeting was extremely satisfying and I felt very fortunate that I had chosen the best. Craig patiently explained all the problems that mold causes, which is alarming because mold spores can be deadly. He recommended mold sampling.

Work Completed On 04/06/2017

03/11/2017

Lee G.

I researched mold inspection companies and read excellent reviews on Craig Cooper the local Mold Inspection Sciences inspector. I met Craig I told him he had a great reputation and I expected him to live up to it. He did and far more. Craig's pre-remediation inspection identified the type of mold. But Craig went beyond that. He is a great teacher and he educated me on the probable cause of the mold, various methods of mold removal, and provided the information I needed to select a remediation company. Brad of the MIS staff was also extremely helpful. I selected a firm that used a remediation method that Craig and Brad had recommended. The work was completed in a timely manner and passed with flying colors.

Description of Work
We were purchasing a home and the home inspection revealed mold in the attic. We needed to confirm the type of mold and find a firm to remediate the mold. Mold in this area is a very serious issue so it was critical that it be removed professionally and thoroughly. Also that the cause be remediated as well.

Work Completed On 03/03/2017

02/17/2017

Michael P.

All went well. I would highly recommend Mold Inspection Sciences as a company with a high standard of expertise. We now have a clear picture of how to bring our basement back to its former pristine condition. Because this company does not perform mold remediation, but only makes recommendations based on data found, there is not a conflict of interest. For this reason as well as the knowledge and professionalism of the inspector, we have confidence in their assessment.

Description of Work
We needed testing done to determine if our allergies were due to continuing mold problem or chemicals used to remediate the mold from a previous provider. Mold testing, including inspection, moisture metering and ambient air testing for mold spores, was done. Craig Cooper explained his methods and answered all my questions (which were many!) His report came back as expected in 3 days and included both a summary report of findings as well as lab test results of the air samples. Recommendations were made for addressing our particular situation and Craig answered my follow up questions promptly and clearly by phone.

Work Completed On 02/17/2017

01/05/2017

Stephen H.

We had a great experience with Mold Inspection Sciences; Craig was prompt in setting up an appointment, punctual the day of the appointment, and very patient and friendly as he explained a number of technical factors related to our house and the characteristics of mold. We will hire him again once our remediation is complete to do the post-remediation verification of our contractor's work. Highly recommended. The only reason I gave them a 'B' on price is simply because I haven't hired this type of work from any other company before and therefore I don't have anything to compare them to, so I didn't feel like I could give them an 'A' because of that; but I certainly thought their price seemed reasonable for the scope of work completed.

Description of Work
Two different mold spore air tests. Two tests were necessary only because we waited almost two years after the first test to begin remediation, so we had Mold Inspection Sciences out again to re-test before beginning the clean-up work.

Work Completed On 12/20/2016

Mold testing, inspection, & detection.

Mold remediation & removal.