Mike Hamilton Construction

Founded 2010 • With Angi since April 2010

3741 SE 134th Ave

Portland, OR 97236

MIKE HAMILTON CONSTRUCTION OFFICE: (503) 388-0347 FAX: (888) 874-5660 CCB: 188911 WA License: MIKEHHC904JA Why pick Mike Hamilton Construction as your choice for an appliance installer? Mike Hamilton Construction’s installer is fully licensed, bonded and insured

05/27/2016

Roger K.

Description of Work
This was back in 2014, I believe? Installed gas range OTR microwave. They were awesome!

02/04/2016

Mary Ellen N.

Description of Work
I needed a contractor to re-hook up my gas range after having our floors refinished. Mike arrived within the time frame he promised, and did a fine job.

12/11/2015

Lisa S.

Description of Work
Excellent, good work, great price, very happy, We had a gas line run and a gas range installed.

01/18/2015

Chelsea G.

I called and left voicemails (both numbers) over a period of 5 days. No response. Happy to delete this review if they want to call back.

10/23/2014

Tara A.

I called Mike on the weekend as I had an appointment for a new countertop installation scheduled for Thursday of the following week and had limited time. He returned my call promptly on Monday morning. I explained that I needed my range and sink removed/moved for the installation in the next few days. He worked with me to get the latest date possible so that I would be without my sink for fewer days. On the appointed day, he arrived ahead of schedule. I wasn't home, but as soon as I arrived, he and his partner, promptly went to work and quickly took care of my two small jobs. They worked efficiently and neatly.

Description of Work
Disconnected and moved gas range and stainless sink for countertop prep.

06/10/2014

John Z.

Couldn't ask for a better experience. We had to cancel our earlier Friday appointment with him less than 24 hours before because we were not able to get our 220V outlet which we needed for the new stove installed. No problem. The following Tuesday he showed up and worked well with our electrician who installed the new outlet. Mike and his helper were professional, efficient. Hauled away the old stove and left everything neat and cleaned up. Price was definitely worth it!

Description of Work
Mike and his helper showed up right on time. Removed old stove and delivered and installed new one.

04/22/2014

John H.

Description of Work
punctual, efficient, quality work. They were in and out quick and did it right the first time.

03/25/2014

DEBRA F.

They did an excellent job and I would hire them again without hesitation.

Description of Work
Fixed my gas stovetop- it was not installed correctly by another contractor. They centered the stovetop so that the vent would lift without stopping and changed out the venting below the stove to code.

02/21/2014

James D.

Mike removed old electric stove, ran a gas line from the basement to the kitchen, and installed gas stove. To install it, he had to move a kitchen cabinet one inch to the left to get the stove to fit. He also removed a small section of tile that was behind the old smooth top electric stove. Very friendly, efficient guy who was a pleasure to work with. His price was almost 50 percent lower than the estimate of a previous bidder. When Mike came to bid on the job I gave him the stove manufacturer's specs, but he took the time to slide the old stove out to measure the space. In doing this he discovered the new stove would not fit without moving one cabinet. There was an addition cost of $224 for the electrician to replace a 220 volt outlet with a 120 volt one. That was billed separately by the electrician. Mike and a helper arrived on time, worked quickly and efficiently and made sure three other disconnected gas appliances were working before he left.

Description of Work
Replaced electric stove with gas stove.

01/09/2014

Lynne M.

My range died at Christmas. I was a week without a stove due a big TV and appliance store's inability to get the model I purchased. I canceled with them and bought the identical item, in-stock at the same price, from Riegelmann's Appliance - where I should have gone to begin with. Paul at Riegelmann's was great and got me the soonest possible install appointment with Mike Hamilton Construction. They gave me a convenient late day appointment so I didn't have to miss work. When install day came, they showed up within the appointment window. From the minute that they arrived, you could tell that they were good at what they do.....and then nothing went as they planned. Although they planned to convert the cabinet from a drop-in to a slide in configuration. the placement of the gas line was not where it needed to be to fit the strict configuration of the range I had purchased. Rather than re-schedule the installation, they went to work. They had to go under the house, re-route the gas line, cut extra holes etc. They were a pleasure. They cleaned up as they went. They stayed very late to finish the job. Despite being at my home for 3 hours longer than it should have taken, they honored the original install price. I offered to pay Mike for the extra time and he refused to accept it. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this company.

Description of Work
Installed a gas range

12/18/2013

Paul G.

I had purchased a replacement stove top from Home Depot and needed an installer. Found this firm and booked an appointment. The called to offer an earlier date and that helped. Mike showed up within window and from then on it was a flurry of activity. More complex than I thought it would be but Mike had it covered on all fronts. Tools at the ready, obvious expertise. I was really impressed. In and out in 45 minutes, old equipment removed no charge, everything clean. He will be my go to guy for anything on his menu of skills. Thanks.

Description of Work
Install new stove top

05/16/2013

Saopon C.

I called on a weekend and left a message. I got a call back from the office Monday morning saying that they could come out Tuesday. I thought the cost was a bit on the high side but I agreed because their reviews were great and they appeared to have a focus on appliance installation and I needed an over the stove microwave installed. The company is called Mike Hamilton Construction and it was Mike who showed up for the install. He came in the timeframe that was given to me by his scheduler and had all the tools necessary to install the microwave. He showed up and got to work and immediately noticed that the microwave would not fit in the designated area due to the depth of the microwave. Instead of giving up, he proposed another option as a workaround which ended up taking him more time and materials but he did not charge me extra. He came alone so I had doubted his ability to lift the microwave but he did it with ease. He also cleaned/polished the microwave and my stove after he was finished. It was a great experience overall and at the end of the install I thought he was worth every penny. Mike was extremely knowledgable, his staff friendly and he is very experienced...so experienced, in fact, all he had to do was glance at the instruction booklet and he knew where to drill all the holes without using the template. I was very impressed and would use him again.

Description of Work
Over the stove microwave install where an old microwave had been before. I had removed the microwave myself and he installed the new one.

04/22/2013

CRAIG R.

Great. Hire these people. Bit hard to get a hold of on phone. Shows up on time, gets the job done at estimated price. Very satisfied overall.

Description of Work
Take out old oven, install new oven. Install ventilation downdraft through floor to outside of house.

03/24/2013

Jon B.

The installer arrived in a timely manner, was knowledgable about appliance installation and was prepared. He made sure the oven was even and lifted it up so that the faded area that the old wall oven left behind was not visible. During installation he noticed one of the broiler hooks was missing. He called the appliance store and had them order a new one. He also found an electrical problem that was concealed by the old oven. The wiring had burnt a hole through the plastic. He fixed the wiring so that every thing was up to code before completing the install.

Description of Work
Installed new wall oven and hauled away old oven.

01/27/2013

KAREN P.

The installer (Brian) was very polite and professional. He arrived on time and had everything he needed to start work and to protect the floors. When he arrived I he hadn't been made aware that the new countertop needed to be cut to fit the drop-in stove. Although making a cut in the countertop was not in the original estimate, he did the work anyway and only charged me a nominal fee. When he was done with the installation, everything fit perfectly! I would definitely recommend Mike Hamilton Construction for appliance installation needs.

Description of Work
Installation of drop-in stove, and vent hood. Haul away the old stove and hood.

07/02/2012

Ron W.

They were incredible and beyond super. They were the best thing I had experienced all year long. They are a really small operation but the person who performed the work was great. They were professional and really good at what they did. They were flexible with their appointments since they did not have to come out only once but at different times. Their pricing was really reasonable and it was the most positive experience I have had. They were really honest and I did not feel like I was being ripped off or being taken advantage of. They were willing to stay as long as they could to make the work look perfect. They tested all the appliances to make sure they were all up to the code and gave me the warranty stuff. I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Mike Hamilton Construction to install new appliances such as a dishwasher, range, microwave and a wall oven but cutting granites and other stuff.

Category appliance repair, handyman service

Thank you so much for this wonderful posting!! We are so pleased to know that you are happy with the installation and the experience!! Hope you had a great 4th of July Holiday

05/23/2012

Jan M.

Mike Hamilton Construction was one of several recommended by Basco's where we purchased our Appliances. The reviews on Angies List were good, albeit not a lot. The website was encouraging as it seemed as though appliance installation, including all brands was a big part of what they did so I felt confident they had a lot of experience with my appliance choices. Their website listed hours 7 days a week, so I was surprised when I left a message Friday AM that I had not received a call back by Sunday. My appliances were being delivered and I needed them installed the following Friday and was getting nervous about the timeline. I left another message on Sunday and then got a call back Monday. Apparently they do not have the weekend hours it shows on the website. Nonetheless the lady that I spoke with was very pleasant and was able to schedule me in as a late arrival on the day of my choice, so I was thrilled it all worked out that way. Given the arrival window of 4-6pm, it made for a late evening. I was happy that they were as accommodating as they were as it fit perfectly with what I needed. They also quoted me about half the cost of the previous bid I received, and told me it would only take a fraction of the time the other company quoted. I was happy I took the time to get another bid. They offered to remove and take away my old appliances included in the price. I had already sold them on Craigslist so that was a moot point for us. Mike and his cohort Mike arrived on schedule and were very friendly and energetic. They got right to work. I had a hard time watching since they were so experienced (and strong) that they were moving very fast, lifting the ovens off the truck with their arms and not using a ramp. I was nervous something would end up scratched, dented etc, but none of that happened. They were working around the granite team for awhile since that group were running behind schedule. Some of the work was made easier for them, the granite guys had "dry fit" the cooktop and had already removed the dishwasher. They were done with in about 2.5 hours (other quote said 2 men for about 8 hours to do the work) They charged me what I had been quoted, plus tax for Washington and cleaned up after themselves. I couldn't have been happier with their work and since my granite install was stressful, Mike and Mike's upbeat attitude and fun energy took my mind off the stresses and allowed a better frame of mind to enjoy my new appliances.

Description of Work
Removal of a wall oven/microwave combo, installation of Double wall ovens, dishwasher and gas cooktop.

Category appliance repair, handyman service

Thank you so much for this wonderful feedback! We are so glad to hear that you were pleased with our services. We take great pride in our business and believe the best advertisement is by word of mouth. So by reading this, we are grateful to you for posting!!

12/30/2011

Dennis L.

One word ... excellent!

Description of Work
We recently purchased a new dishwasher. The appliance dealer (DeWhitt Appliance) recommended Mike Hamilton. We received a phone call from Mike and scheduled an installation date. We were surprised the appointment was earlier on the calendar than we anticipated. Mike and his wife arrived within the time window. Mike was very approachable and professional. He removed the old dishwasher with no problem. He recommended a better quality stainless steel water connection (rather than the standard plastic pipe). The cost of the upgrade was basically the cost of the item. The new installation went very well. Mike pointed out several things, offering suggestions along the way during the install. Mike was careful with our home, bringing in his own floor covering during the install. We was very careful maneuvering the new dishwasher into our home amid the tight hallway and turns

10/06/2011

ROBIN S.

Brian was professional and did a good job with installation. He did feel bad that he had to charge me $65 for the first visit but I did not know I would need to update my electrical. He was knowledgable about what I needed to have done. Once I had my electrical work scheduled I called back and they scheduled me the day after the electrical work was done, which was great for me. On the 2nd visit he was running late but did call me to let me know; he came after the scheduled window of time. He trimmed cabinet facings so that the range would fit and installed the range. He was efficient and pleasant.

Description of Work
I had a new range installed and my old one removed. Two visits were required since at the initial visit it was determined that I needed to upgrade my electrical connection, thus I had to pay $65 for the service call/delivery. On the return visit (for $175), after electrical work was performed I had the range successfully installed.

07/30/2011

Gary K.

Called their office for an estimate on Monday and scheduled the install appointment for Thursday between Noon-2pm. The installer showed up at 11:30 and within an hour had removed the old dishwasher, installed and tested the new one and hauled off the old one. I would highly recommend them. They are on time, fair on pricing and get the job done quickly and correctly the first time.

Description of Work
Removed an old dishwasher, installed a new Kenmore dishwasher and disposed of the old one.

04/27/2011

TERI M.

Mike and his staff were very easy to work with. They were flexible and efficient with my time and their efforts. He came back out more than once waiting on the inspector to arrive and approve the install moving the stove in and out. I'd hire them again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
I hired Mike from a recommendation from the store I bought my new gas stove from. He ran gas line from the garage to the kitchen and to fireplace for a log lighter. When the new range arrived, he went down and picked it up, delivered, installed and tested the new gas duel fuel range.

Category handyman service, fireplaces, gas logs, appliance sales

11/06/2010

RAY L.

Mike was here a little over 1.5 hours, worked right along, knew what he was doing, had brought lots of tools with him, protected the floor area where he was working, cleaned everything up when done, took the old cooktop with him at our request and at no extra charge. This was a difficult install in that it took a lot more time than I suspect he had planned. But he honored his original quote of $125. He knows and is licensed in some areas of plumbing and electrical, so he can generally do all of the work related to an install ... versus some installers can only do a part of it and then want you to for example call an electrican or a plumber to do some part of the work. I liked that he could do the whole job. And he did it well. The new cooktop works great. I looked around underneath the counter and he had also had to reroute the electrical for the cooktop -- enclosed it all in new flex conduit. Very nice job.

Description of Work
We had purchased a new kitchen cooktop. The dealer recommended Mike Hamilton Construction to do the installation, as it was not going to be a simple one. The existing hole in the countertop needed to be made slightly smaller. Our old cooktop was coils, the new one was a "smoothtop", and there was a slight difference in their sizes.

07/14/2010

CINDY and JEFF S.

It was great.

Description of Work
He installed a slide in range(stove).

Category home remodeling

04/09/2010

Gretchen S.

Mike was referred to us by the sales rep where we bought the new cooktop. Mike's assistant was a pleasure to work with on the phone and Mike was a pleasure to have in our home. We had Mike out to measure our space before purchasing the new cooktop. He confirmed that we had appropriate electrical to the site and that the new unit would fit. When he came to do the work he had all of the tools and parts needed to get the job done in one trip.

Description of Work
Removed and disposed of our old downdraft ventilation unit and gas cooktop and installed a new electric cooktop with built-in ventilation that we had purchased. Install included three granite cuts.