Metro Lock Service

Founded 1993 • With Angi since June 2005

Having problems with locks or keys? Our friendly staff is always willing to go the extra mile to make sure your problems are solved! Since 1993, it has been my objective to observe the highest competitive requirements with fair pricing and complete customer satisfaction. 3 employees. No subs. Charges a service call of $75. Give us a call to make an emergency an immediate resolved issue!...

A Service Provider's profile image

+1 more images

locksmith (647)door installation (68)handyman (9)lawn care (1)

08/09/2022

Barbara C.

I have used Metro Lock Services several times and wouldn’t think of using anyone else but Lance and Metro Lock. Lance is always responsive, prompt, professional and efficient plus his fees are very reasonable. I highly recommend Metro Lock Services. Five stars all the way!

Description of Work
Repair of lock and keys made

Work Completed On 07/19/2022

07/25/2022

THERESA F.

I left a voicemail with Metro at about 7am. Approx an hour later I received a call back. An hour after that, the work was completed. Lance arrived promptly, wore a mask at my request, worked efficiently, had the necessary replacement parts on his truck, and was on his way very quickly. I'm happy to know about Metro now, and their skilled locksmith Lance.

Description of Work
Lock replacement on sliding patio doors

Work Completed On 07/25/2022

Thank you.

03/12/2022

Kate L.

They got here fast, even fixed a couple of door issues, and a fair price

Description of Work
house rekeyed

Work Completed On 01/15/2022

08/31/2021

Luke S.

Left a message and Lance got back to me in 5 minutes, came over in around an hour, and finished changing the locks before I finished asking if I could watch. He knew the tools to use and how to use em, conducts business in an efficient and pleasant manner, and answered all my questions. Sure, I could have saved a buck by spending a couple hours figuring out how to do it myself, but we're talking about getting locks changed here. Security isn't really the place for DIY, in my opinion. I consider it a great deal and I'll be calling again for all my lock needs.

Description of Work
2 Locks needed changing on one door

Work Completed On 08/31/2021

07/29/2021

Mary F.

Called and Vance came the next day. Was on time. Fixed all three doors. The locks all work well now.

Description of Work
Fixed three door locks in my house

Work Completed On 07/29/2021

06/22/2021

Karen D.

Thanks, Lance! I had a different locksmith out earlier in the day for another service and when I asked for the keys to be copied, they told me to go to the store. If I could have done that, I would have! One call to Lance and he was off like lightning to my office and cut the keys right there. I'll never call another locksmith again!

Description of Work
Key Copies

Category handyman service, locksmith

Work Completed On 06/22/2021

05/04/2021

Christopher R.

These guys were here on schedule, on time, and made quick work of the task at hand. Only took about 15 minutes. The work they did was absolutely perfect! I am so happy with the new door handles and the re-keying. Previous door handles were so hard to turn to get the doors open, they not only put in high quality handles, they fixed the alignment of the latches so there is no resistances. A very high quality job. I will call them next time I need any locksmith work done.

Description of Work
Replace door handles on 4 exterior doors, re-key the locks

Work Completed On 04/28/2021

03/13/2021

David W.

Lance was on time, affordable, and super efficient. I'd definitely recommend him to others!

Description of Work
Locksmiths

Work Completed On 03/13/2021

10/30/2020

Courtney C.

It was great. He was super clear on what the pricing was and what he was working on. It was cheaper that what I thought it would be. He wore a mask while he worked and was conscientious of COVID-19, which was great.

Description of Work
I needed locks changed on five doors in our house.

Work Completed On 10/27/2020

10/14/2020

Teri J.

Lance called me back as soon as I made the referral and was out to complete the repair within 2 hours leaving me with peace of mind that the door to the garage could be locked again.

Description of Work
Repair of door handle

Work Completed On 10/14/2020

09/24/2020

Rick G.

Lance replied quickly came out and removed old deadbolt. Helped with another door too. Seeking replacement parts and has been very prompt and professional in his follow up.

Description of Work
Broken lock rear door

Work Completed On 09/23/2020

09/13/2020

Ben W.

Lance was awesome - super thorough, thoughtful and made sure to clean up any little mess that was created. Took the time to discuss everything with me in detail and then get it done well. Much appreciated!

Description of Work
Install deadbolt, rekey locks

Work Completed On 09/11/2020

09/06/2020

KAITLIN G.

Fast and super efficient. We were locked out of our house as a lock had failed and despite being the end of the work day Lance arrived quickly sorted out the problem. Highly recommend

Description of Work
Locksmiths

Work Completed On 09/01/2020

09/06/2020

SUE V.

Great -- we found new parts, but they were slightly shorter. Metro chiseled out the door panel slightly and fixed both of them. Done in an hour!

Description of Work
Repair vintage doorknobs

Work Completed On 09/24/2020

08/10/2020

Roberta G.

fine - he was knowledgable and quick

Description of Work
Unlocked a door to the outside that wouldn't unlock, adjusted several other locks on doors in the house that were malfunctioning.

Work Completed On 07/23/2020

08/08/2020

Jane G.

Lance, the owner, responded immediately. He fixed my broken door/deadbolt quickly, efficiently, and perfectly. Would ABSOLUTELY recommend them!

Description of Work
Broken deadbolt

Work Completed On 08/07/2020

08/06/2020

Michael C.

Responded to initial inquiry quickly, was on time for appointment, completed work quickly and was pleasant and friendly to work with. Would definitely work with them again!

Description of Work
change four locks at single family residence

Work Completed On 08/06/2020

07/21/2020

Brian J.

He installed a Schlage Touch deadlock and a door handle. He did the job quickly and professionally. A bit grumpy/crochety, but did a nice job.

Description of Work
Lock instalation

Work Completed On 07/17/2020

07/13/2020

Courtney L.

Lance was able to provide same day service! He was reasonably priced, clean and installed my deadbolt lock so fast! He was also wearing a wonderful dog bone mask that his wife made him which I really appreciated. I would definitely recommend Metro to my friends that needed any Locksmith services.

Description of Work
Install New Deadbolt

Work Completed On 07/13/2020

07/09/2020

Priya S.

Professional and timely service as scheduled! They also came back for one follow-up item, which was promptly addressed.

Description of Work
Rekey locks

Work Completed On 12/11/2021

06/26/2020

S Y.

Prompt call back, quick and great service and was able to complete the job the same day.

Description of Work
Fix outdoor latches and install additional door locks

Work Completed On 06/25/2020

06/17/2020

James S.

They were very quick and professional. Definitely would hire again.

Description of Work
rekey lock

Work Completed On 06/17/2020

05/29/2020

Bernard K.

Very smoothly! Lance was superb. Good personality and obviously very knowledgeable about locks, especially the three point finicky Andersen door locks. It was driving me nuts that I could not get the system properly aligned. Also a very prompt response to my initial query on Angies List. Within minutes he called back. Will definitely use him again for any lock issues.

Description of Work
door alignment