Metro Haul-Away

Founded 2000 • With Angi since August 2005

Since 2000, we have provided fast and eco-friendly service for all your junk removal needs! We are a family owned and operated company that makes hauling your unwanted things convenient and easy. Give us a call at (503) 227-7374 to speak with the office!

hauling (129)trash removal (9)tree service (2)locksmith (1)

10/18/2022

Desember T.

Timely scheduling. Very quick and efficient in loading materials to haul away.

Description of Work
Junk hauling

Work Completed On 10/14/2022

12/21/2020

Daniel A.

They made a reasonable bid, set a convenient date, showed up on time, wore masks, and finished quickly. What else could you want?

Description of Work
junk hauled away

Work Completed On 12/21/2020

09/17/2020

Jo R.

They did a great job and were friendly and professional. We’ll hire them again when we have other projects.

Description of Work
A garage full of junk and old appliances removed.

Work Completed On 09/17/2020

07/19/2020

Jenine V.

Perfect. As it happens there was more than I originally thought to be hauled away and they called me— the stuff to be hauled was at a different location than where I was. They hauled it all for the original price quoted The quote was almost $100 less than the next lowest estimate..

Description of Work
Hauling

Work Completed On 07/18/2020

07/08/2020

chris D.

Perfect, they called and arrived on time. No problem with loading everything, friendly crew, fair pricing, would definitely hire again. Thank you

Description of Work
Hauling

Work Completed On 07/08/2020

06/26/2020

John L.

Great. Crew showed up on time and did all work quickly and completely with good pricing.

Description of Work
Junk and shed haul away

Work Completed On 06/26/2020

06/23/2020

Richard G.

Excellent! The two-man crew showed up exactly on time, and it only took them 15-20 minutes to load their trailer with all the junk that needed to be hauled away - which turned out to be more than I had anticipated when I booked them. They took absolutely everything, saying "no problem!" to things I questioned that were uncovered in the clean up. Very nice guys, very fast, excellent price, and I will definitely hire them again when we do the basement!

Description of Work
Hauling away a ruined couch and a lot of junk after a garage cleanup.

Work Completed On 06/23/2020

05/02/2020

Susan B.

They were prompt and courteous and completed the project fast.

Description of Work
Hauling of washer and dryer

Work Completed On 05/03/2020

04/16/2020

Katie O.

Lance called me within 5 minutes of my contact via Angie's List. I didn't need the coupon b/c the cost was lower than coupon minimum. I needed time to clear out my garage so as soon as I finished, I called again and arranged a time and day for pickup (I called Friday, pickup was Monday). Sean called 5 minutes before scheduled time and arrived right on time and the guys removed all of my trash and the mattress and box spring. I will call them again the next time I need any hauling services. They were great!

Description of Work
Someone dumped a mattress in the alley behind my house so I wanted to get it removed before more junk ended up in the alley. The minimum price was $100 so I used this as an opportunity to clear out my garage. The mattress, box spring, and about 18 35gal trash bags worth of trash including several cement blocks was $175.

Work Completed On 04/13/2020

03/03/2020

Laurie J.

They arrived early- polite and efficient, great experience

Description of Work
hauling of couch

Work Completed On 03/03/2020

01/17/2020

Lon S.

They responded next day and removed items. Lance had very good communication with me. Pleasure to do business with.

Description of Work
Father moved out of assisted living facility. Furniture not moved was removed and recycled.

Work Completed On 01/15/2020

10/08/2019

Linda F.

Fantastic. Called Lance to set up an appointment. He did not have anything available for a couple days. I considered that a very prompt response. The morning of the appointment, Lance called to say the crew was stuck in traffic and could be 30 to 45 minutes late. They were only 15 minutes late. I needed everything in the house removed to prepare the house for sale. Sean walked through the house, shed and yard to review what all needed to be removed. The two guys got right to work. Everything was moved out in just over 1 hour. This included a hide-a-bed, washer, dryer, overstuffed chairs, mattress, box springs and TVs, electronics, and lots of miscellaneous items, Sean was very polite. My sister and I were very pleased and relieved as we did not how we were going to get everything moved. We were also very happy to know that they took all the items to a transfer station for sorting and distribution to places like Habitat for Humanity and others.

Description of Work
Removal of furniture, electronics, appliances, and odds and ends.

Work Completed On 10/08/2019

09/21/2019

Anne P.

Just great. Called and discussed how heavy wheel was and up flight of stairs. Sent two men to give estimate in very short amt of time. Price was great and they took wheel and empty paint cans right then. One worker carried it out in his arms. No worries about my wooden steps getting knicked by pulling it up stairs. They were professional and excellent. I was so happy as my husband and I could never have gotten that wheel out from basement without this service. I will hire these folks again.

Description of Work
Hauling away potters wheel and miscel. debris

Work Completed On 09/20/2019

08/08/2019

Anna G.

They were very quick and at a reasonable price I could actually afford.

Description of Work
Hauling away junk

Work Completed On 07/29/2019

06/14/2019

Marianne S.

They came, They picked up. They were courteous.

Description of Work
I needed them to come and pick up several items.

Work Completed On 06/13/2019

05/09/2019

Jerry B.

They showed up cleaned up the debris then came in my office to be paid. It wen just fine.

Description of Work
Remove Debris from block sign debris

Work Completed On 05/20/2019

05/09/2019

Jerry B.

This was done for a business and they actually arrived earlier than expected and cleaned it up excellently before they came in my office and told me they were done. The debris was concrete blocks and metal that was used for flashing and letters for the sign.

Description of Work
An approximate 25'X5' Block Wall as a sign was pushed over by vandals. I needed it cleaned up and hauled away.

Work Completed On 05/09/2019

Review for Metro Haul-Away - PO BOX 13681, Portland, OR - 37867098

01/21/2019

Kathy B.

Service was great. People were on time and professional.

Description of Work
Hauled away 2 couches

Work Completed On 01/14/2019

11/08/2018

John S.

very well, very professional and friendly

Description of Work
pick up and dispose of miscellaneous home furnishings

Work Completed On 10/18/2018

11/07/2018

Brigid K.

I called early in the morning and left a message. Shortly after 8 when they opened, Lance called me back and I asked him to pick up a significant pile of trash, yard waste, and old furniture in front of my daughter's house, which she had cleaned up the day before in preparation for listing her house. I wanted the debris picked up that afternoon and Lance promised he would do it. I had previously called a competitor and they said they wouldn't do it until the next day, which I could not accept. The hauler, Shawn, arrived EARLY, and without my being there yet, cleaned up the entire mess. Now one reason it was a mess (the trash had been stuffed in large plastic bags) is because overnight there were apparently some people who had searched through the bags for anything of value and left debris strewn all over the sidewalk. Shawn cleaned up the entire mess and also, again with my instruction but before I arrived, cleaned out a storage area adjacent to the property. When I finally arrived, all I needed to do was admire the cleaned up area, thank Shawn for his good work, and write a check. Payment was extremely reasonable, considering the quick response, the amount of work done, and the quality of the result. My bill was $150 but I was happy to give Shawn a tip for what I considered top-notch work. I heartily recommend Metro for any trash cleanup and I will gladly hire them again!

Description of Work
trash hauling

Work Completed On 11/06/2018

09/14/2018

Kari K.

It went very well. The owner called me back the same day, came out and priced the job the next day, completed the job the following day. It ended up costing a bit less than if we'd hired a dumpster from the garbage company and done the work ourselves and they did all the work! We would definitely hire them again if we needed that type of service.

Description of Work
Hauling of wood from old deck and various other accumulated garbage.

Work Completed On 09/14/2018

09/12/2018

Lisa R.

They were prompt and professional. This was the second time we used metro and would recommend the company.

Description of Work
Hauled away about 25 bags of yard debris and some cement pieces

Work Completed On 09/05/2018

05/02/2018

John B.

Great service !!! Removed 60 yards of tree trimmings

Description of Work
Remove large amount of tree trimmings

Work Completed On 04/17/2018

01/22/2018

Marianne S.

Wonderful! They fit me in. They were reasonable and good-humored. I will use them again. I recommend them highly.

Description of Work
Last minute hauling just before Christmas.