MAY AWNING AND PATIO

Founded 1967 • With Angi since September 2006

5220 NE COLUMBIA BLVD

Portland, OR 97218

OFFICE OPEN BY APPOINTMENT, CALL FIRST; FULL SERVICE AWNING, PATIO COVER AND SUNROOM COMPANY. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. SPECIALIZING IN CUSTOM WORK AND REPAIRS. VIRTUAL SHOWROOM AT www.mayawning.com

12/16/2019

Karleen C.

The work was done nicely and I'm very happy...It looks sharp and it's SO nice to stay dry again when getting out of the car and walking into the house! The only thing that could have been better was the time it took from the initial order to the installation. I was expecting installation to begin before Thanksgiving and that was postponed to the second week in December. The owner said there were some supplier issues that caused the delay.

Description of Work
I needed a carport installed on my new manufactured home and front/back porch awnings.

Category awnings

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! We appreciate your business.

04/27/2017

Larry A.

It has been almost 2 years now and we still love it! The installer was a hard worker and polite. We have an alcove and a lot of angles on our roof, so he made adjustments to make it fit just right. The owner made a lot of good recommendations which we went with without any regrets.

Description of Work
Old patio roof torn down and new one installed

04/19/2016

Victoria G.

The owner of the company installed the awning. In order to cover the 18 foot span we had to have a 3 foot dog leg on one end which necessitated some additional measuring and thoughtfulness. It was not a straight forward installation. It came out beautifully and the added piece looks just like the main installation. Their product is guaranteed to not rust or chip, etc. Aluminum and very heavy duty. The owner installs all of the awnings that have odd configurations otherwise they have their own installers for the more straightforward requirements. He was personable and even went to Home Depot to buy a large piece of wood to slide into one of the end pieces so we could install a blind on one side. He really knew what he was doing. Family owned company and they have been in business for 49 years. We highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Installed an 18'x12' aluminum patio awning which had four skylight strips included.

Category awnings

Thanks [Member Name Removed]! I hope your paver job turned out nicely to complete your back yard.

04/06/2016

LARRY R.

12/16/2015

ranee W.

Description of Work
William worked in the most horrible weather and did a wonderful job. He went the extra mile to accommodate my wishes. I love the sun-room they built for me..

Category decks, sunrooms

Thank you [Member Name Removed] It was a pleasure to work with you on your project!

01/17/2015

CHERYL N.

Work went well and very professioal

Description of Work
Fixed our furnace.

10/28/2014

Barbra I.

Everything went perfect! Dee came out and explained everything to me. I couldn't have asked for better! I was also having gutter problems. Dee referred me to a great gutter company as well.

Description of Work
Install a new permanent awning over my front porch.

Category awnings

Thank you [removed members name]!

07/01/2014

Cheryl M.

I really liked the lady that came out. She came out the day I called and gave us an estimate and placed the order. It was supposed to take 6 weeks and we were prepared for that. But 6 weeks came and went and so we called. They apparently had some other order in that was really large and they weren't quite finished with that before they started our one awning. So that upset us a little bit but when they actually come out to install it, they took I forget how much percent off the cost of the awning! So it was made more than fair. So they really stood by what they offered. And it was a legitimate reason, they didn't just blow us off because we only had one awning. But they really made it fair to us. They are nice people. I really liked them and I would absolutely use them again.

Description of Work
They made us an aluminum awning for a window on the west side of our house.

06/16/2014

Rob B.

The work was very professionally done.

Description of Work
Installed a awning over our ex isting deck.

05/14/2014

BRETT B.

it whent excelent. they were very clean and efficient. and the coer looks better than we expected, An all around good experience, they were very good to work with and will definately recommend them to others

Description of Work
they built a beautiful 16 35' aluminum patio cover for our patio

02/28/2014

Danielle B.

He was friendly and the job was well done.

Description of Work
They repaired mold damage done to the inside sheetrock along the floor of our sunroom. They installed flashing on the outside to prevent further leaks as well as replaced the sheetrock inside. We also had them replace four pieces of glass in the sunroom.

Category sunrooms

09/21/2013

LOUISE B.

Everything went fine. The installer arrived on time. He was very polite and professional and did an excellent job.

Description of Work
The installer from May Awning installed an aurora doorhood over the front porch.

08/11/2013

Richard H.

Very well. A single worker installed both in one day. Laid things out perfectly, did all work by himself and cleaned up afterwards. No cat was harmed in the process.

Description of Work
Measured and erected two aluminum awnings, suggested alternatives that were better than our initial thoughts

08/01/2012

Carolyn P.

One of the owners came out and took measurements and was really professional. I was really impressed with her and her product. The product would last and longer than most because it is more permanent. We need a roof on the house next year, so we have decided to wait and do it at the same time our roof is done. We are putting off the project for a year. They were excellent. Regarding her responsiveness she was excellent. When I called she was able to come out that very day.

Description of Work
I got a quote from May Awning And Patio to do a patio

Category decks, patios

06/21/2012

Robert M.

I would not recommend May Awning and Patio. They were prompt about coming out for estimate. They were not as good about getting back to us later, when we called back with questions, and that sort of thing. Their prices were average. I will not use them in the future.

Description of Work
They came out and did and estimate on how much it would cost to replace my back patio cover.

Category awnings

I am sorry but we have had no contact with a Member nor does that address show up on our data base. Not sure what to think about this one...We care about all our customers and potential customers!

05/10/2012

Pat M.

Everything was great, they built a pretty large awming for us- about 20'x24'. The showed up on time, were professional and curtious. I would hire them again.

Description of Work
Complete awning.

01/19/2012

William H.

They were very prompt and professional in coming out and taking measurements and suggesting options. We had to wait a few weeks for the awning to be made, and they returned punctually to do the installation. They were very efficient and pleasant to deal with. I would recommend them to friends.

Description of Work
Install custom awning over sliding glass door.

01/07/2012

Elizabeth G.

meet salesman @ home show....we scheduled a home appointment, she came on time,very informative..not pushy. We agreed on new cover. Work went exactly as described,workers stayed late even working past dark outside.....deck cover performs perfectly and as described.....AAAA+++ I WISH ALL CONTRACTORS WERE LIKE THIS...Thanks

Description of Work
May company installed a permanent cover over our 24x18 deck,complete with gutter & downspout

Category decks

12/29/2011

Karen C.

I spent quite a bit on their services. It was probably $4000. I like their honesty and they did a good job. I was very pleased with it. The customer service that they provided was excellent. They did what they said they were going to do. I will use their services again in the future.

Description of Work
I used May Awning and Patio. I last used their services last month. They installed some awnings.

07/18/2011

MONICA P.

I have a difficult space and needed shade to cover a large stone patio in the back yard. I had contacted another Angie's List top rated awning company (Waagmeester) that promised to work up a solution and failed with even basic communication. Three other companies saw the space and didn't even want to try. Bill was honest and knowledgeable. I had read about Sea Shell awnings online and hoped they might fit the space. Bill is the first in the area to carry these and my space is the first he has installed. I think it might be the first in Oregon. There were two surprises that were not avoidable. Given what they had to work with, they found the best solutions. The first was the mounting was higher than originally discussed. The product would not fit lower without risking rubbing the roof. The second was a slight depression (about one inch) that resulted along the eve of the roof line in one location from the installation process. Jerry was quick to return to deal with it and was able to work around my difficult schedule to do so. He came out very late in the evening as it was the only time I had available. He has promised to monitor this issue ongoing. The product is pretty cool. It is held open by magnets. If a stiff wind comes along it breaks the seal and the awning automatically retracts. This prevents damage to the roof in an unexpected storm comes along. This is standard. Other awnings will charge quite a bit extra for self retracting features. It's easy to open and close. It was the best possible solution for my difficult space. I would recommend it and May Awning to friends. Bill and Jerry were wonderful to work with.

Description of Work
Installed a 90 degree 5 meter Seashell Awning over my patio. The space is large and very awkward. It took two years to find a solution and I am very pleased with what I have.

11/21/2010

PATTY D.

CR Tile and Remodeling installed a thermal patio roof. They subcontracted (and lied about it) and the whole thing was such a mess that CCB ordered them to pay me to have it fixed properly as they themselves don't do these patio roofs and the company they subcontracted to do the job lost their CCB license and vanished without trace. Bill from May Awning and Patio did a great job. Flashing was needed to prevent water being blown behind and between the 4" thermal roof panels at the back. This was much harder to do after the fact. The caulking used for seams and around the skylights was the wrong kind and leaks had started after the first rain. Bill took off the old caulking where already peeling and redid every seam and every skylight with good marine caulking, which was labor intensive. Now the patio roof looks great and no leaks. Bill did a terrific job, cleaned up nicely and put a big towel between his ladder and the patio gutter to prevent damage. My biggest regret is that I didn't know about May Awnings and Patio, who do install these roofs, before I signed up with CR Tile and Remodeling.

Description of Work
Flashing installed where patio roof hits house roof at the back and one side. Fix and reseal all skylights and all seams.

10/26/2009

JOANNE C.

They were a little expensive, but they really are a great group.

Description of Work
I used May Awning and Patio to install a new awning, which is not retractable. It covers the deck and keeps off the rain.

06/07/2009

Kathy D.

My boyfriend set up an interview with May's Awning. The visit with the rep giving the estimate went very well. He answered all of our questions and knew alot about the products his company sells. He submitted the order and when it came in they called to schedule the install. They were right on time and did a great job at the price the quoted.

Description of Work
Took down entire old patio, took it away, and installed a new awning cover.

10/16/2008

Barbara H.

They installed a Four Seasons pre-fabricated sunroom which we like very much. Unfortunately, the designer who wrote up the contract had surgery while the job was carried out, so we were disappointed in some aspects, and slow to receive satisfaction in others.

Description of Work
Changed our unused patio into a sunroom.

Category sunrooms

09/11/2006

JUDY P.

Salesperson arrived on time, knew the product well, easy to talk to. Installers were friendly, worked well, took care with surrounding area, asked questions when needed. Cleaned up when done. Did everything as contracted in the time agreed upon.

Description of Work
Installed 17 X 19 patio covering.