Linoleum City

With Angi since June 2005

623 SE M L King Blvd

Portland, OR 97214

In business since 1955, this locally owned business specializes in all of your flooring needs. We have a great selection of stock items, but also have the ability to order direct from major mills and manufacturers. Our on-site experts are available to answer any and all of the questions you may have. Linoleum City is known for a great variety of marmoleum, vinyl, and carpet....

04/12/2017

Allison J.

A struggle. Customer service was lacking, they almost forgot to give us half our order upon pick up. Some of the material was opened and some tiles were damaged. We went to reorder more two weeks later, and they said the line was discontinued.

Description of Work
Purchase of Marmoleum

05/27/2015

Diana Y.

Very pleased with purchase and installation.

Description of Work
Showed us various linoleum flooring options for our kitchen remodel and samples of installer DJ's Floors' work.

03/16/2015

Bonnie L.

They were great! They were very helpful and informative. Fairly priced as well.

Description of Work
I bought a roll of marmoleum for my home.

02/27/2015

Francis P.

Finally!! They had the color we wanted in roll ends. We had been buried in a sea of cream, tan and black. They warned us that it was not a DIY job and they were right. They were honest about the pros and cons of linoleum and the difficulty in working with it. Would shop there again.

Description of Work
sold us linoleum

01/05/2015

MaryBeth H.

I went into the showroom and looked at product. I'm not sure who the person that I dealt with was; salesperson? receptionist? she appeared to be the latter but she did give me some limited information. I was not impressed with her professionalism. She told me that I needed to call an installer to get pricing on installation and then they'd order the product. She gave me ballpark numbers for budgeting. I called the 1st installer on the list and he said he wouldn't be available for my job - just wasn't interested in driving this far. The second installer indicated that he had more work than he could possibly handle. My job was removing and replacing flooring for 4 rooms so it was not a small job and I did not have a specific deadline. I live in Raleigh Hills so I'm not in a remote area. I called Linoleum City back and got the same person who was very unconcerned with my experience and offered to give me the names of a couple more installers. At this point I called a contractor and we chose a vinyl product. The cost of my job; $10,000 (included installing new base and replacing the formica on a couple built-ins.)

Description of Work
I did not use, only asked for pricing on product and installation.

11/19/2014

JIM H.

They were fine. We just bought it, picked it ourselves and installed it ourselves.

Description of Work
They sold to me some wall covering.

08/23/2014

Audrey E.

The staff here was very helpful in helping me look through everything available and find what I needed. Their service was greatly appreciated, since having to deal with floor problems the day before we moved in was not on my original todo list, and I was super stressed out. The flooring we picked is still looking great two years later (a good reminder that temporary solutions sometimes aren't).

Description of Work
I needed a scrap of vinyl flooring to cover a bad spot we'd discovered the week before moving into our new house.

06/30/2014

Michelle S.

NOT IMPRESSED. Dropped in to get some info on marmoleum. While the prices were okay, the girl at the front counter had absolutely NO interest in helping me. I even asked for other product options for a bathroom. She shrugged her shoulders and said, and quot;I dunno, linoleum?and quot;. Asked about installation. She handed me a card and told me to call the guy on there to set something up. Conversely, I stopped into Floor Factors afterwards. They had better prices, the sales girl was interested in helping me out, and their contractor called me within the hour to set up a time to give me a bid. Night and day in comparison to the clown show at Linoleum City.

Description of Work
Nothing. Won't be calling them based on my in store experience.

03/28/2014

Julia B.

Received no advice on prepping them ( we also hired a lousy contractor who they liked). Wouldn't go to them again.

Description of Work
We ordered tiles from them that are completely WRONG for a kitchen.

09/07/2013

Diana P.

Michael Worley was easily accessible - made arrangements to check out the job to make a detailed estimate within a day's time and scheduled the job within just a few days. Confirmation of the date didn't include the time workmen would arrive and we suspect they had some trouble finding the house, but they arrived at 10 AM and were finished by mid-afternoon. Floors look beautiful and I have no complaints. I'd use this contractor again.

Description of Work
Had laminate flooring installed in 2 small bedrooms (10' by 11') to replace wall-to-wall carpeting. Flooring was a good match to flooring in the rest of the of the house and the job included removing and disposing of old carpet, removing and replacing existing baseboard, and providing whatever moisture barrier and sub-padding required for standard laminate floor installation.

05/21/2012

Francine M.

They did a good job, I would use them again in a heartbeat. The installer went above and beyond and had such a wealth of knowledge, I was impressed.

Description of Work
They put linoleum in the basement.

04/17/2012

Jeff F.

They were on time and had a lot of knowledge of the product. We had a very intricate design and the installer had no problem with it and the finish project came out exactly how we wanted it. They also finished the job right on time.

Description of Work
We purchased marmoluem from them and they installed the marmoluem.

03/12/2012

Richard S.

called because add said they do not use sub contractors. girl on phone gave me a name to a sub contractor and said thay do use them. not as advertised.

Description of Work
none

Category flooring contractor, floor cleaning

08/31/2011

Jeff F.

They did a great job. We did a random pattern in our laundry room with the tiles, in terms of color placement. They did a good job of figuring out the math for each color and fitting it to the size of the room. It's a little more than just laying down a sheet of linoleum.

Description of Work
We purchased linoleum products through them. They installed a bathroom floor and laundry floor.

08/04/2011

MICHAEL C.

They were a very good company. They chose all the products that they needed and installed them in time. They were very friendly. They were also very informative. I would use their services in the future too.

Description of Work
I used Linoleum City for carpet installation services. I used their services four years ago.

Category carpet installation

06/17/2011

April G.

The whole experience was quick and easy and painless.

Description of Work
I purchased vinyl planks to have them installed as well as carpet for my stairs. They gave me a great price on the planks (they are strong, durable and waterproof!) and the carpet as well as installation. (I have a 1300 sq. foot condo and had the planks installed over the entire house and carpet on the stairs) They were clean, fast, courteous, and kept mess to a minimum. I just needed to dust when it was all over! I HIGHLY recommend Linoleum City. (Ask for Suzie to help you!)

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

05/18/2011

Diana S.

She listened to what our needs were and what we were planning to do. We were looking at certain linoleums. We were very good ourselves. She suggested easier linoleum. It cost less, and it is easier for the home users to install it themselves. It was a good experience. It was beautiful pattern. In comparison to another place, their price was lesser.

Description of Work
I used Linoleum City. I bought linoleum from them 2 weeks ago.

01/22/2011

Paul L.

Great. The installer picked it up from the store (paid in advance) and did a fantastic job installing. The price was also very good for the product and installation.

Description of Work
Bought marmoleum from them and used the installer they recommended.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

01/17/2011

Charles W.

They were fairly efficient and friendly.

Description of Work
We bought linoleum materials from Linoleum City for a kitchen floor.

01/12/2011

MICHAEL C.

They did flooring in one room. I spent about $500 on both the purchase and installation. The job went great. They found areas that didn’t need to be replaced. They took care of the base flooring. I would recommend them because they have very good prices. Their material and workmanship were great. The installation was on time and correct. There were no problems. I will use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Linoleum City for flooring work, two years ago. I bought flooring from them and they installed it for me.

08/12/2010

Walter H.

Service was prompt and friendly. They suggested alternatives to what I was looking for.

Description of Work
They sold me some marmoleum remnants.

08/09/2010

LYNN M.

They were excellent. They had a good product that they ordered for us. The installer, Mike, was great. They were punctual, clean, and efficient. We couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
They installed linoleum in a kitchen and breakfast room.

07/19/2010

Melanie H.

They were very helpful, and even pointed me to some pre-cuts to help me save money.

Description of Work
Got some marmoleum to re-do my bathroom

07/07/2010

Patricia H.

It's been some time since this was done, but what I recall is the ordering of materials and delivery were painless and on time. Same story for installation: supervisor came to measure and told us when installer would arrive. Installer was on time and did a brilliant job of installing the tiles and attaching the plastic baseboard in our kitchen. I've recommended this company to others and will use their services again if I need them.

Description of Work
Purchased linoleum tiles; contracted installation.

06/28/2010

Tawny H.

The process was very easy. I went in after picking out the style, ordered and paid for the floor, and picked out the moulding color. The installer came out the next week- he picked up the flooring for me so I did not have to worry about that. He was very helpful and on time, and installed the floors quickly and cleanly. I get tons of compliments on the floor and it's just vinyl!

Description of Work
I ordered loose lay vinyl flooring, in the popular bamboo style. The showroom had plenty of styles to choose from and they were helpful and friendly. The recommended a contractor to come out and install it for me.

Hardwood Floor Specialist LLC

Hardwood Floor Specialist LLC is a family-owned and operated business. We’ve been working with hardwood floors for over 20 years. With years of experience we put our guarantee on every hardwood flooring installation without hesitation. We specialize in hardwood floors of many kinds of woods and can customize and install a new wood floor for your home or office. We can also refinish old, worn-out floors to restore the warmth and charm of your home or office. We will work with you to ensure that your new floor or restoration project is effortless for you. We will discuss with you all options and help you make the best decision. We take your flooring project personally and follow through from start to finish. At Hardwood Floor Specialist LLC, we don’t just want your business. We want your repeat business... and your friends’ business... and your family’s business, and this only happens by going above and beyond your expectations, for a great hardwood flooring installation. Hardwood Floor Specialist LLC is fully Licensed, Bonded and Insured

Floors Portland

We provide excellent flooring installation services in the Portland Metro Area. Installing tile, carpet, hardwood, lvt/laminate. With over 10 years experience in the industry we guarantee the highest level of satisfaction and professionalism from our installers and staff.

ADVANCED HARDWOOD FLOORS

Established in 1998, Advanced Hardwood Floors continues to be a family owned and operated business serving the Portland Metro area. Advanced Hardwood Floors prides itself on an outstanding record of quality service and personal attention to detail. Our philosophy is to treat your home as we would our own, and this is complimented by our years of experience in the industry. Our longevity is a testament to the level of service and quality of result you'll get when you choose Advanced Hardwood Floors for any installation, repair, or refinish project.

Offers by ADVANCED HARDWOOD FLOORS on Angi