HILLSDALE SHOE REPAIR

Founded 1954 • With Angi since October 2005

6311 SW CAPITOL HWY

Portland, OR 97239

we only accept cash or check...

06/11/2018

Stephen N.

Very well. After review, the owner recommended a repair that works. Prompt turn-around. Reasonable price. A job well done.

Description of Work
Repair of zipper on dog crate

02/18/2016

Fred H.

Description of Work
Very rapid repair of a failed shoe snap. Very obliging

Category shoe repair, leather & vinyl repair

02/25/2015

Frederick B.

10/08/2014

Rosalind G.

It went very well. It was an expensive handbag and it was done very professionally. It looks like new. Very pleased and highly recommend them. She fixed it while I waited.

Description of Work
Shortened the shoulder strap on a leather handbag.

06/09/2014

Deb and Gary W.

Description of Work
I have a pair of lace-up boots that I wear almost every day. The original rubber sole cracked, but I wasn't ready to throw the shoes away, so I had Hillsdale Shoe Repair replace the soles. It was a bit expensive, but the job came out great and I was able to keep wearing the shoes! They don't take credit or debit cards, but they will take a check. | |This is a very small, local business, right in the center of Hillsdale, which is why I continue to give them my business.

06/10/2013

Sean C.

They did a great job repairing my shoes

Description of Work
I went to HILLSDALE SHOE REPAIR for shoe repair

03/05/2012

brad C.

They did a good job. It was good. I have not had a lot of experience with shoe repairs. It was done well and it was done when it was supposed to be. It was a solid experience and they were very professional. Since I don't have a lot of experience, I would rate them a solid B plus.

Description of Work
They repaired a purse.

02/21/2011

Kate O.

I went to them through a personal recommendation, but I had a really good experience with them. It was kind of tricky job because the shoes have to fit just right. They did a really good job and he did it as in over night which was kind of...I guess a special favor although they didn't make a big deal out of it. They wanted to take longer, but I needed them right away and they were willing to do that. I would use them again in the future even though it's out of the way for me, I would drive out there.

Description of Work
I used the services of Hillsdale Shoe Repair two weeks ago. I had a pair of stance shoes (my daughter's shoes) that had a big hole in the sole and they patched them and they also repaired the surface of the leather where the top layer had peeled away.

Category shoe repair, leather & vinyl repair

04/12/2010

Kathryn W.

I went in there and took the purses with me. The lady went on to explain how she would fix them, which I thought was a good technique. She told me how much it would cost and how long it would take. She was very professional and accurate.

Description of Work
They repaired some straps on a purse and strengthened the straps that hadn't broken.

03/04/2009

JAY H.

my main concern was the quality of the repair and the quality of this repair was good

Description of Work
half soles and heals on a nice pair of dress shoes

10/20/2008

Carolyn C.

It went very well. The owner is friendly, skilled and the price is reasonable. I am able to wear one of my favorite pair of shoes again.

Description of Work
Replaced worn sole on heels of shoes.

01/12/2008

MARILYN O.

Great work. Done for a very reasonable price and on time. The woman who does the shoe and purse repair is a real expert and does excellent work. I've had expensive shoes repaired there and the work is always first rate. If your shoes, boots or purses need fixing, don't buy new ones just take them to this fine establishment.

Description of Work
Expensive purse's zipper was not closing. The shoe repairer examined the problem. Told me the possible fixes from the relatively simple to putting in a new zipper. Doing a new zipper would involve a fairly complicated resewing operation given the design of the purse.

11/07/2006

SALLY C.

I was impressed with their suggestions for making the one purse stronger by stitching all around the handle instead of just repairing the missing stitching. Both purses were repaired to my satisfaction. I would use them again.

Description of Work
I found this after checking Angie's List for purse repair. I had 2 purses repaired. One had stitching come loose around the handle making it impossible to carry. The other purse was a straw one that the handle had also ripped off.

10/30/2006

ANDREA V.

I thought the work was well done, she was willing to undertake a special project and do it to my specifications. I am very happy with the work done, she called me to let me know what was happening and also when the boots were done. It also only took her about a week. Great service, great work, and the only female cobbler I know in town. A+!

Description of Work
I came in with a pair of boots that needed to have elastic replaced in the calf gore. The elastic was a size that the cobbler didn't carry, but she found some in CA and special ordered it to get the job done.

09/05/2006

MARY D.

My husband and I searched and searched for the perfect shoes for his Grandmother. She is VERY particular about shoes. And, nothing fits her because her feet and ankles are very swollen. We finally took a chance on ordering a pair of shoes that we felt confident about, but both the toe and ankle velcro straps were too short for her swollen feet - 4 inches too short! We took the shoes to Hillsdale Shoe Repair to have the straps lengthened, and were SO pleased with the result! The best thing is that Grandma likes the shoes and she is happily wearing them! This was a difficult job as the leather color could not be matched. Yet, it is impossible to tell that so much leather was added to the straps, as the added portion is hidden. The job was done very professionally and beautifully.

Description of Work
We had leather/velcro straps extended on sandals.

08/31/2006

FRANCES B.

Chris Rudarmel does excellent work! She is very professional and polite. The work is always done on time. She understands what needs to be done. I feel her prices are fair and reasonable.

Description of Work
Applied dance rubber & taps on heels & soles of dance shoes & dance rubber on soles & heels of men's boots on several occasions( the past two opera seasons) for the Portland Opera Costume Shop. Hillsdale Shoe Repair was recommended by the staff at Dance Togs in Beaverton.

10/30/2005

NESSA E.

EXCELLENT. SO SUBTLE IT WAS HARD TO SEE WHERE THE WORK WAS DONE. WHILE THIS WAS THE ONLY THING I'VE HAD DONE RECENTLY, MY MOM IS A REGULAR CUSTOMER, AND SAYS THE PEOPLE THERE ARE CREATIVE IN SOLVING PROBLEMS, AND VERY REASONABLE IN THEIR CHARGES. BOTH SHE, AND I HAVE BEEN HAPPY WITH HOW THE REPAIRS HAVE LASTED OVER TIME.

Description of Work
REPAIRED A BROKEN PAIR OF SANDALS, WHERE A PLASTIC PIECE THAT HELD 3 STRAPS TOGETHER HAD CRACKED OPEN.

PREMIER SUEDE/LEATHER & SPECIALTY CLEANERS

We are located in California and do not offer regular dry-cleaning services. Premier is the nation's finest suede and leather garment cleaner. WE PREFER THAT YOU CALL US DIRECTLY WITH ANY REQUESTS OR QUESTIONS AT (949) 244-0943, OR E-MAIL US AT: leathergods@aol.com. IF YOU EMAIL US, PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR TELEPHONE NUMBER. Highly recommended by the finest retail stores in the U.S., including Nordstrom, Armani, Tom Ford, Gene Hiller, etc. Thousands of clients from all over the country who demand the finest quality and workmanship, ship garments to us directly for cleaning, dyeing, and repairs. Other services: purses cleaned and re-dyed, alterations and repairs, re-weaving of fabric garments, and area rug cleaning. Furniture cleaning and dyeing limited to Los Angeles, Orange, and San Diego Counties.

Shoe Repair

SPECIALIZE IN REPAIR OF SHOES, BOOTS, LUGGAGE, HANDBAGS, BELTS AND LEATHER JACKETS, REPAIRS INCLUDE REPLACING ZIPPERS AND SNAPS, PROVIDE ORTHOPEDIC SHOE BUILD-UP AND LIFTS & DYE WEDDING SHOES AND SHINE SHOES. WE DO ROCK CLIMBING SHOE RESOLES.

n/a