Hector's Helping Hands

Founded 1996 • With Angi since November 2005

hi im sandy and most likely im the one who will awnser the phone when you call. when you call we will set up a convienient time for hector to come to your property and walk through the yard with you. he will anwser any questions and give you a price for the work you need done. he is really great about helping people pick and choose what work they want to get done in other words he will work with your budget. the office is in our home so even though i listed the business hours above feel free to call any time and if your a night owl feel free to call any time as we only hear the phone in the office. and i will promtly call back the next day or you can email at sandyhhh@comcast.net thank you for considering our company we strive for 110 % satisfaction thank you....big smile from us too YOU...

Red Bark Inc

Red Bark Inc. can help with any of your bark dust blowing needs. We have 25 years of experience, dependable, licensed drivers, and top of the line bark blowers to ensure a job well done, every single time.

Stellar Construction

Stellar Construction is focused most on quality work, customer service, and great pricing here in the Portland Oregon Metro area and Vancouver Washington. With that in mind,we provide the highest quality service and materials at the lowest rates to fit your budget. We are friendly, reliable and knowledgeable in the art of custom outdoor living structures Let us help you improve your home and you will love the results!

BenchMark Restoration & Cleaning

Over 17,000 Home Owners Have Benefited From The BenchMark Healthy Home Cleaning System We Provide Proven Cleaning Services To FREE You From Housework Servitude…GUARANTEED. HOME OWNERS WHO FEEL FATIGUED, UNDERAPPRECIATED, DISRESPECTED AND MISUNDERSTOOD If you find your self the role of motivator, but rarely on the receiving end from those around you - and the anti-effort, anti-engaged rhetoric you encounter in the day to day wears you down-you’ll welcome a kind word from someone who really understands your daily experience and appreciates your contributions. What you’ll discover is that our team of experts and top members are the champions of the discreet person who faithfully keeps their home functioning, even as others barely notice it. If you find yourself having to “talk yourself out of a tree” fairly frequently, we get it! We know the conversations that you must have only with yourself. Now, probably for the first time in you home-ownership experience, you’ll step into place where there can be an open discussion, exchange of truth-based ideas and experiences, and energizing encouraging “virtual-visit” twice a month to discuss, gather and plan ideas for maintaining your home. Location phone contacts: Ph 1-Portland; (503) 635-2243 Vancouver; (360)696-4140 Lake Oswego/Tigard/Beaverton; (503) 653-5083 Milwaukie/West Linn/Clackamas County/Oregon City; (503) 262-8030 NE Portland/Gresham; (360) 687-2271 Battle Ground/Ridgefield/North County; (360) 253-7955 Camas/Washougal/Fisher's Landing. Award winning.

Offers by BenchMark Restoration & Cleaning on Angi

05/16/2013

Initially, Hector's was great and we used them for 5+ years. Last Spring, however, they just stopped showing up, and even after several emails and phone calls we finally got a response they'd they'd be out "tomorrow". Then that happened again. And again. So we called and left a msg to cancel our service and hired another company to maintain our lawn. The day after our new service came out, someone from Hector's showed up during the day and re-mowed the the lawn leaving deep muddy ruts in our yard. There is a breakdown between the service crew and scheduling that seems irrepairable and very damaging to their business.

Description of Work
Weekly mowing and edging

02/26/2013

The first year, they came and did a good job. The next year, he didn’t return my call, but then they just showed up to do the work. He didn't have the follow through or show any inclination that he wanted to do the work, so I just found someone else.

Description of Work
I contacted Hector's about doing my lawn work.

01/03/2012

We hired them to perform biweekly maintenance work on the yard but the service started more like once every month and how its been over a month and I have not heard or seem them since.

Description of Work
Lawn and yard maintenance work.

06/14/2011

I had used Hector's Helping Hands previously for a major yard clean up. On the previous occasion the work was very good, quick and I wanted to hire them again. I called 3 times in May and no one ever returned my calls.

Description of Work
I

Category lawn service

im so sorry to have let you down we have rededicated ourselves to do a better job in the future im sorry that we let you down sincerely sandy r

05/10/2011

I called twice last year in June 2010 and was told twice that Hector would call me back to set up a time to come and look at the yard work I needed done and give me an estimate. Never got a return call. Then this year (May 2011) I decided to try one more time because of his close location to me and the overall recommendations submitted by others. I called and was told that Hector would be out at my place at 6pm that night to give me an estimate. Never showed, no phone call. I called the office at 7pm and was told by whoever answered the phone, "Didn't anyone call you to let you know he wouldn't be able to make it?" No.... Then I was rescheduled for the next evening at 6pm. He did not arrive on time but I did receive a call at 6:15pm that he was running late. He finally arrived at 6:45pm and walked thru the yard with me with clipboard in hand and told me he would call me in the morning with an estimate. That was a WEEK ago - still have not received a call from him. Needless to say, I contacted another yardman on Angie's List who is currently doing the work I needed done. He showed up on the day I called him to check out the work I wanted done, sent me an estimate that night, and showed up with his crew on time on the day we had scheduled. Would not recommend Hector to anyone.

Description of Work
No services done.

Category lawn service

m so sorry to have let you down we have rededicated ourselves to do a better job in the future I'm sorry that we let you down thank you for your feedback sincerely sandy r

12/31/2010

I am so pleased that I have extended my contract for routine maintenance and more landscaping. I think Hector, and his crew are hard workers. Hector is also talented in making suggestions for more landscaping.

Description of Work
Following the great work and service Hector provided on winter clean up I awarded him a contract for a new lawn and underground irrigation system.

Category lawn service,irrigation systems,tree service

Member THANKS FOR CHOOSING US WE LOVED DOING ALL THE WORK FOR YOU AND SEEING YOUR VISION COME TO LIGHT HECTORS LIKE AN ARTIST I LOVE WHEN HE GETS TO MAKE SUCH BIG CHANGES IN A YARD HAVE A GREAT DAY SANDY

09/22/2010

Great job overall and I would not hesitate to hire again.

Description of Work
I was having three camillia bushes trimmed that had grown out of control. Hector came on time for the estimate, and gave me a very fair price for the work, and clean up. When they came on Saturday, they made sure that I was satisfied with their work. This was a great company to work with, and I was very happy with the results.

Category lawn service

thank you for calling us and for taking the time to wright a post about the work we did for you. it was a pleasure please feel free to call us again some time thank you hector and sandy big smile from us to you

09/08/2010

Have used Hector before for tree services and he did such a good job, I called him again for yard clean up. He came promptly, gave me an estimate. He was just a bit higher then another estimate so he agreed to split the difference with me. He did an excellent job. Very pleased with his work. Very professional and friendly. Will definitely use him again.

Description of Work
Cleaned out flower beds, trimmed bushes and shrubs and supplied and spread bark dust in beds and along parking strip.

Category lawn service

hi thanks for posting about us we really appriciate it and look forward to doing more work for you in the futre big smile from us to you

06/20/2010

Sandy answered the phone and was prompt and friendly. Hecktor followed immediately up by coming over to look at the work we needed done. I noticed that, although we explained things in things in detail, he took no notes. He said he would follow up with an estimate, but it never came. Four days later I left a phone message of inquiry, but it was never returned. All I can conclude is that their follow-up is terrible, or they are homophobic and don't wish to work for us.

Description of Work
No services were performed.

Category lawn service

HI MEMBER, I AM SO SORRY THAT WE DROPPED THE BALL WITH YOU AND YOUR ESTIMATE. JUNE IS THE BUSIEST MONTH FOR LANDSCAPERS AND ALTHOUGH WE STRIVE FOR 100 PERCENT EXCELENCE SOME TIMES ADMITTLY WE FALL SHORT. I AM SO SORRY THAT WE DID THAT TO YOU AND EVEN MORE SO THAT YOU FEEL WE OFFENDED YOU BECAUSE YOU THINK WE DONT WANT TO DO WORK IN THE GAY AND LESBIAN COMMUNITY. WE HAVE MAY GAY AND LESBIAN CLIENTS AND ALSO ADVERTISE IN THE GAY YELLOW PAGES. ANYWAY IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO GIVE US ANOTHER CHANCE I WOULD LIKE TO TRY AND MAKE IT UP TO YOU. REGARDS SANDY

05/04/2010

They are awesome. My yard looks beautiful. I would recommend to friends and family.

Description of Work
They come every two weeks. They do lawn maintenance. They cleaned out leaves and outgrown. They laid down bark and ensured everything was in order. They planted 20 rosebushes.

Category mulch

THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO WRITE SUCH AN AWESOME REVIEW FOR HECTOR'S HELPING HANDS. WE'VE BEEN DOING THIS FOR 14 YEARS BUT IT NEVER GETS OLD HEARING NICE THINGS I'M GLAD YOU LIKED YOUR CLEAN UP AND JUST CALL OR EMAIL ME IF YOU NEED ANYTHING IN THE FUTURE. BIG SMILE SANDY

Lawn maintenance, yard clean ups, debris removal, weeding, and pruning. we clean roofs , deep edging composting bark dust just call if we dont do it we probably know someone who does big smile from us to you