GKA Lighting Inc

Founded 1999 • With Angi since October 2009

Antiques

GKA Lighting, Inc. is a UL approved company specializing in, the design and construction of light fixtures and the repair, rewiring and/or the refurbishing of existing modern and period fixtures. We are not electricians, so we can not do in house or onsite electrical work or repairs. gkalighitng.com...

Callahan Electric

Callahan Electric is a small shop that focuses on detail and price. We are less expensive from most shops because our overhead is low, and our attention to detail is why we have lots of repeat business and many referrals.

NW Electrical Solutions, Corp

Excellent Electrical Services From a Highly Experienced Team. NW Electrical Solutions Corp is a family-owned company that has a team of technicians with more than 50 years of combined experience. We have worked on different electrical projects in high-end homes and commercial buildings.

On Electric

On Electric provides quality residential and commercial electrical services for the greater Portland metropolitan area. Since 2000, the highly trained and certified service professionals have impressed home and business owners with their integrity, expertise, and courtesy. Services span from simple to complex, using the latest Oregon electrical code standards to ensure optimal safety and precision for clients ranging from homeowners to large property management companies, from contractors to local business owners. Well-known franchise clientele includes Enterprise, Auto Zone, O’Reily Auto Parts, Olive Garden and Trader Vic’s. Whether the project involves renovating an entire apartment complex or simply fixing a switch for a condominium dweller, On Electric’s first priority is to build lasting professional relationships. On Electric is licensed, bonded and insured in the state of Oregon. Formerly known as: DeKorte Electric

11/12/2018

GKA rewired it and it works. They finished sooner than anticipated and were helpful and friendly.

Description of Work
I had a fixture that did not work properly.

04/13/2017

Solid service. People were friendly and very knowledgeable about possible issues. They fixed the lamp quickly, and I have light again.

Description of Work
Floor lamp wouldn't work. Fixed myself briefly but stopped working again. Wanted/needed lamp fixed.

04/10/2017

Great, work done quickly and resolved the problem with flickering.

Description of Work
Replace switch in lamp

02/27/2017

They got it right in and done quickly, worked like a charm. Nice folks took with.

Description of Work
Needed a switch replace in a floor lamp

Category lamp repair,lighting

02/21/2017

You do need to be prepared to wait a bit; when I went, they said it would be about two weeks, given their order backlog. The Snowpocalypse added a couple of days in there, but they were about right on their estimated completion date. So far, the replacement switch works great and it feels far sturdier than the original.

Description of Work
Lamp switch replacement.

05/09/2016

I was very pleased with every aspect of the service provided. JR gave me a comprehensive assessment of the issues with the chandelier, repaired it promptly, alll for a very reasonable price. He himself is exceedingly helpful, polite and personable. I will call JKA Lighting Inc. whenever I need any further help with lamps or lighting. He also gave me some very helpful information about the many and varied lightbulbs available these days. Terrific work.

Description of Work
Repaired a brass chandelier and supplied additional brass swag

02/29/2016

The provider responded very promptly to my inquiry about his services. I was very impressed that he knew exactly what to do with my lamp and did it very well. I also asked him about another lampshade that I have and he was knowledgeable about what the lamp is, how it should be hung, and what steps would need to happen so that the lamp his hung the way it was designed to be (something that I was in the dark about). This provider is extremely personable and very knowledgeable. I would recommend him without reservation. A really good experience!!

Description of Work
He rewired/repaired an old table lamp.

Category electrician,lamp repair,lighting,antiques

08/29/2013

It cam back at the time promised, cost half of what had been initially estimated, and I'm already looking for other lamps in my house to upgrade.

Description of Work
Rewired an antique floor lamp.

Category lamp repair,antiques

07/30/2013

I've used GKA lighting before. He does very good work. This time I only had an antique light rewired. Once before I had an antique light rewired and he also had to redo the paint decoration on it. Very nice. And he found the perfect finial for it too. GKA lighting does high quality work and are very professional.

Description of Work
Rewired an antique light. He also had to put it together because it was taken apart when i had it polished.

Category lamp repair,antiques

05/16/2013

One (out of a pair) of lamps suddenly stopped working. After reading reviews on Angie's List (under and quot;lamp repairand quot;), I called GKA Lighting. I described the problem and asked if I could bring the lamp in around 1 PM. The gentleman I spoke with by phone gave me helpful directions for finding their shop. (The shop is somewhat difficult to identify if you are driving by the location.) When I arrived at the shop, the gentleman was waiting on another customer and told her that the shop had a backlog of about 3 weeks work - so, I was fully expecting to leave my lamp at the shop for that amount of time. However, when he looked at my lamp, he immediately diagnosed the problem and fixed it within a few minutes. He even gave me an extra and quot;on-offand quot; switch - in case my lamp's and quot;twinand quot; develops the same problem. I'm so pleased that Angie's List led me to this lovely little shop.

Description of Work
Repaired broken lamp switch. Provided an extra lamp switch for me to have at home just in case the other lamp (in this pair) develops the same problem.

Category lamp repair

Lamp rewiring, light fixture restoration, residential fixtures, vintage fixtures, custom lighting fabrication, commercial fixture repair & retro fitting

No off site repairs