Garden Home Plumbing & Drain

Founded 2012 • With Angi since October 2012

6725 SW Florence Ln

Portland, OR 97223

Locally owned and operated we take pride in the fact that we do quality plumbing at affordable prices. We have extensive experience with service calls and remodel work. With 18 years of plumbing experience, Derek can get the job done the right way. We provide good old fashioned customer service,

03/12/2020

Donna W.

I needed an emergency service for hot water heater but also I need to go to work. He get himself in the house did the job and he did not let my dog out. It was perfect.

Description of Work
They installed hot water heater.

Category water heater repair

01/22/2018

Edward K.

The Plumber was most Courteous, Went straight away to fix the problem . I would differently hire him again... Price was Very Fair.

Description of Work
Replaced Broken in wall drain pipe and new shut off valves under Kitchen sink

Category plumbing

Thanks for taking the time to do a review for our company.

05/10/2017

Cheryl C.

Water heater was replaced with no fuss and we have had no trouble since. Garden Home plumbing even followed up on the work with a call to make sure everything was working well. The only small issue was that they only worked with one brand of water heater and I would have preferred a choice.

Description of Work
Remove and replace old water heater.

Category plumbing

Thanks for taking the time to do a review. We appreciate your business.

03/27/2017

Marta V.

No problem. Efficient, clean, knowledgeable and professional. Would definitely recommend and hire again.

Description of Work
New seal and toilet "innerds" replaced.

Category plumbing

Thanks for taking the time to do a review. We appreciate your business.

03/23/2017

Enrique B.

Wonderful. Friendly, helpful, instructive. Great experience. Reasonable rates.

Description of Work
Toilet installed, shower arm repaired

Category plumbing

Thanks for the nice review of Garden Home Plumbing. We appreciate your business. Derek & Lani

03/09/2017

Robert G.

He's had to be out a few times now. They're just terrific. He goes out of his way for his customers. He's very reliable and responsive. He'll let you know what his limits are. If it's not something he can do he'll tell you that you need to find someone else. He can do most things though.

Description of Work
He fixed a stan pipe in our back yard that he had installed for us the summer before. We also had discovered what we thought was a very small leak under our kitchen sink. It had started to get all this mold on the wall board. It was very hard to get to. He got under there and found that 3 fittings needed to be replaced. He also tried to fix our kitchen faucet. He's done the best he can with it, but that will eventually have to be replaced.

Category plumbing

Thanks for the nice review of Garden Home Plumbing. we appreciate your business. Derek & Lani

12/27/2016

Robert C.

Derek arrived on time, was cordial, and was very respectful of our home. He even took off his shoes at the door! He figured out a way to fix the problem without replacing the valve which would have been quite expensive. It was a fair price for good work from a good person. Would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Fixed a clogged valve in the tub/shower.

Thanks for taking the time to do a review. Derek and Lani

09/13/2016

Mary Lou P.

Good.....I have used them in the past.

Description of Work
Plugged toilet

Thanks for taking the time to do a review. Derek and Lani

04/07/2016

Brian P.

At no fault to the plumber he couldn't install a new toilet I purchased, as there was an issue with my flange. He said he would have to do further work to replace the flange, which wasn't worth it. He was a nice guy (owner of company). He put the old toilet back on. We discussed some other items like a potential repipe (no formal bid just verbal). So at the end of the day I was left with the same old toilet and I asked him as he was about to leave about any cost today. It was awkward response back to me. He looked at me and said non-matter of factly -- $100. I wonder if I wouldn't have said anything if I would have been charged. I wrote the check. I called later as I just didn't feel right about being charged 100 bucks for getting nothing really. I wanted to be fair and said I would feel more comfortable paying $50. The office manager disagreed with me and said they were a small company and can't do things like that. I understand the plumber needs to make his buck but given this unique situation that doesn't happen often likely you would think a business would want future business with a customer. Not this case. The office manager also mentioned that I was "out of their way" in terms of service area, which didn't make me feel valued as a customer. I'm looking for a go to plumber for future work, that I could potentially call on a lot. it definitely won't be with this company based off this interaction/service.

Description of Work
Attempted to install a toilet but there was an issue with my flange, so it couldn't be installed. Verbal estimate on a re-pipe.

Category plumbing

Unfortunately your cast iron flange was too high for your toilet to be installed correctly. It is something that can be fixed and you were given an estimate of cost. It was your decision to not move forward with the work and so the toilet was not only removed but was also re-installed. We inform all people at the time of booking our prices and that we have a 1 hour minimum. Having said that when situations come up like this we do give people a break in the minimum price and you were given a discount. If we come out for a service call we charge not because you are out of the way but because we have set aside a block of time for you and we have incurred costs involved in travel etc. fees. You come away from the service call with more information about what your options are and what the potential costs are to do them.

10/20/2015

David K.

Derek and his assistant did a terrific job! We'll definitely use them again!

Description of Work
Installed new garbage disposal and two new shower heads, repaired one faucet, replaced a number of shutoff valves, replaced outdoor tap and rebuilt one fixture.

Category plumbing, home remodeling

Thanks for taking the time to do a review. We appreciate your business. Derek & Lani

10/11/2015

Kurt G.

Great service! On-time. After inspecting the existing plumbing fixtures, Derek had to get some additional parts, but that was very quick. He returned and completed the job quickly and professionally. I'm writing this review after a few months of use of the sink and faucet, and they are working beautifully. No issues. It was to have someone in the neighborhood to do the work. I would call Derek again for future plumbing needs.

Description of Work
Plumbed a new laundry room tub and faucet. New kitchen faucet.

Category plumbing, home remodeling

We're pleased that you are happy with your new fixtures. Thanks for taking the time to do a review. Derek & Lani

10/09/2015

STEPHEN C.

Totally happy with service from the moment that Lani answered the phone to the moment that Derek left. Professional, clean, prompt, good personality. I wouldn't hesitate to have them do work again.

Description of Work
Helped us out with our kitchen sink repairs by providing & installing new basket strainer, re-plumbed the kitchen waste to ABS & replaced cartridge in Moen faucet.

10/09/2015

Chari N.

We found that water was shooting out the back of the tub faucet. We took off the tub diverter to find a small hole in the pipe that extends from the wall. We knew it was time to call a plumber and assumed they would have to tear into the wall to replace the pipe Derek found a better work around to tearing into the wall, which was great news. He was punctual, professional and nice and he left the area clean. I highly recommend.

Description of Work
Derek replaced tub pipe with a hole in it that was causing water to shoot out the back of the tub faucet.

Category plumbing

Thanks for taking the time to do a review. We're very happy that we didn't have to tear out the wall and yet still give you great results. Derek & Lani

09/10/2015

Emily F.

They were great. I have a flow of visitors & lost the use of 1 toilet. Called Garden Home, spoke to Lonnie(sp?) who called in my request. They squeezed me in the same day. Derek, the owner, came over with an apprentice; they were on time, friendly, efficient & professional. No surprises. Am glad to have a good plumber. Thank you Lonnie & Derek!

Description of Work
fixed the toilet & adjusted a flow "gizmo".

Category plumbing

Thanks for taking the time to do a review. We appreciate your business and are glad we were able to help you out. Derek & Lani

08/08/2015

Cynthia K.

I am a past customer and called for an appointment since my garbage disposal broke. Derek returned my call promptly and helped me trouble shoot the problem and was able to fixed the garbage disposal without having to get a new one. So happy! I would never use any other company for any plumbing issues.

Description of Work
Trouble shoot

Category plumbing

Thanks for taking the time to do a review. Glad we could help and we look forward to working with you in the future. Derek & Lani

07/25/2015

Linda H.

Great service from beginning to end. ?I called the office and Lani was very pleasant,?helpful and she explained their pricing (time and materials)?in advance.? We scheduled an appointment for 4 days out.? Lani called the afternoon before as a reminder and confirmation of the appointment time.? Derek and his apprentice, Nathan, showed up within the time window given, produced a business card and introduced themselves to us.?They were very conscious of our floors (removed their shoes upon entry and laid a blanket down to work on in the bathroom).? The toilet was repaired by replacing the fill valve, supply line and a few other parts and cleaned the tank when they were finished.? They have a one-hour minimum charge; so?with time still on the clock, I asked them to clean out both bathroom sink drains, which they did in no time flat.? Both Derek and Nathan were very professional and seemed very competent in their work.? They took the time to explain some of the workings and repairs as they went along.? We will definitely use this company?again for future plumbing needs.

Description of Work
Repaired toilet and cleaned out bathroom drains.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Thanks for taking the time to do a review. We appreciate your business and look forward to working with you in the future should a need arise. Derek & Lani

07/06/2015

LESLIE R.

The reviews are correct! Great plumbing service: professional and helpful. Every contact, from telephone appointments, emails, and service to ordering of parts, was timely and efficient. Garden Home Plumbing will be my plumbing company for now and the future.

Description of Work
Repaired and replaced plumbing from the 1970's in baths and kitchen. Installed new toilets and sinks.

Category plumbing

Thanks for the kind words and for taking the time to do a review. We value you as a client and look forward to working with you in the future. Derek & Lani

06/26/2015

ERIK W.

Nice guy and what work he did looked solid. My only negative is that when i gave them a special request over the website it seemed that he knew nothing of it, came unprepared, or didnt understand. So my impression is that they will do great trustworthy work of basic normal stuff but may be less versed in newer or outside the box questions/requests.

Description of Work
Changed out the ptrap under my sink.

Category plumbing

Thanks for taking the time to do a review. We looked through our records to find your information and found that we were out to your place for an Angies List Big Deal July of 2013. We searched through our messages but unfortunately we didn't find any special requests from you. We try to get as much information as possible prior to a service call and apologize if we were a part of any confusion. It can be a challenge when a home owner isn't present for the appointment and we sometimes have to talk to them over the phone in order to clarify what they want done, especially in the case where you have a window of 2 hours prepaid plumbing work to be done. Glad you're happy with the work done and hope that you consider us for work to be done in the future. Derek & Lani

06/15/2015

Kim M.

From scheduling the appointment to the service being performed, Garden Home Plumbing was such a pleasure to work with! They were professional, very pleasant, and such great value for the cost. We would most definitely use them again and recommend them to all of our neighbors, friends, and family. Thank you!

Description of Work
We used Garden Home Plumbing to diagnose and repair our kitchen sink. The hot water was flowing at a trickle while the cold water was flowing just fine.

Category plumbing

Thanks for taking the time to do a review. We look forward to working with you in the future should a need arise. Derek & Lani

05/23/2015

Elaine T.

When I called them the first time to schedule an appointment, Lonnie was helpful and friendly. I had to wait two weeks but that is not surprising since they do not contract out. Derek was punctual, professional, efficient and friendly. We were originally going to just replace two faucets but since we did not use up the entire first hour, we decided to replace the third one all within that hour. The cost included parts and labor. I will no doubt be calling him with any plumbing issues and have no reservations recommending him to my friends.

Description of Work
Derek replaced three outdoor faucets for us.

04/29/2015

David H.

I have used Derek and Garden Home Plumbing once before at my previous house and I was impressed with how well everything went, so he was the first person I thought of when we needed the work on our new house. Just like before, he was personable, professional, cleaned up after himself, got the work done in a very reasonable time frame, and for a very reasonable price. I am pleased that the items I knew needed work have been addressed, and I am more comfortable now knowing that mostly the plumbing is in good shape but also the few areas where Derek advised I keep my eyes open in case issues arise (copper to galvanized pipe without a brass interconnect, an old model toilet that is known to overflow and flood, raising the pressure release pipe above grade). All in all, exactly what I wanted and expected. If I need a plumber again, Derek will be the first and only call I make.

Description of Work
Inspecting the plumbing in our newly purchased older home, repaired a broken shower, fixed a rusty steam shower bib, and inspected the steam generator for the steam shower to insure everything was plumbed and working as expected.

Category plumbing

Thanks for the great review. So nice of you to take the time to do this and we are glad that you are happy with our service. Thank you, Derek & Lani

04/15/2015

Madelyn S.

Provider called to ask if he could come 3 days earlier than scheduled which was a great bonus for me. Quickly assessed the issue and related in detail what was needed in order to repairing/replacing all the drain pipes as well as the recommendation to replace the drains and baskets as well as aged shut off valves that were leaking. Provider communicated issues as they arose and only acted with my assent. When addressing the issue of the reduced hot water pressure from the faucet...recommended that the faucet be replaced in the near future...I chose to have him replace it as long as he was there if it would fit into his schedule. He readily agreed. All work was completed quickly and professionally and he checked each step as work progressed. I was so pleased with the relative low cost of all these repairs and replacements (I expected it to be much more) and have already recommended Garden Home Plumbing and Drain to a friend. I also had a discussion with him about replacing two toilets at some point in the future and asked his recommendations based on his experience for brands/models of those toilets. I would hire and recommend this provider in a heartbeat! My second great success based on Angie's List providers! Thank you!!!

Description of Work
Provider located and replaced drain pipes under kitchen sink and replaced a years old faucet that hindered water pressure and leaked.

Category plumbing

Thanks for taking the time to do this great review. We appreciate the kind words and are glad that you were happy with our services. Derek & Lani

04/06/2015

Christy S.

Polite, on time (quick response via email for schedule = thanks!). Derek was knowledgeable and explained things to me as he worked. Ended up finding a hidden valve in our vanity that was turned off = and was connected to the outside hose bib somehow! Charged us only for the visit the cost to replace the valve so that it was up to code. Nice guy - thanks!

Description of Work
Problem solved why no pressure in back outside hose bib.

Category plumbing

Thanks for the nice review. We appreciate that you took the time to do a review and are glad that you were happy with the service we provided. Derek & Lani

03/31/2015

DOUG R.

It went great from start to finish. We contacted Garden Home via email and Lani got back to us the same day with an estimate which was very reasonable, and we were able to schedule an appointment in 2 days. Derek arrived exactly on time (1:00 pm, Thursday). We already had a new Delta faucet and soap dispenser, so he looked everything over and got right to work. When he was finished, he ran a complete check of all the functions, even gave us a tutorial on what do do and not do when using this unit. He then showed us a tool that came with the unit that allowed the base to be tightened from underneath and explained to us how to do this should it ever be necessary. Then, as we had a little time left on the 1 hour minimum, Derek re-adjusted the drain pull in our master bath that had been giving us problems and now works perfectly. He also checked out the flushing mechanism on our guest bath toilet. The post-job clean up was impeccable and he hauled away our old faucet, tubes, etc. Lani phoned us the next day to make sure that everything was good, working as it should. Which it was. Garden Home could be the model for a successful small business. Derek and his wife Lani, and that's it. Hence, the kind of personal touch and commitment that you often do not get when dealing with larger businesses. Friendly, courteous, punctual, competent, totally professional. What more is there? Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Removed old kitchen faucet and installed new unit plus soap dispenser, adjusted drain pull in master bath, inspected toilet flush mechanism in guest bath.

Category plumbing

Thanks so much for the nice review. So glad that you are happy with the work done. We appreciate that you took the time to write a review for our company. It was a pleasure to work with you. Derek & Lani

03/14/2015

Nancy G.

This was my first experience with Angie's list and now I am hooked as it being a great way to find an excellent contractor. I chose based on reviews of Garden Home Plumbing & Drain. They are rated very highly. But also not only the actually written review, but looked at the number of reviews (145) based on the length of time they had been on Angie's list (only 3 years). There were a proportionately a high number of great reviews over a short length of time. I was also impressed that they took the time to respond to many of the reviews which showed me their commitment to good service. It was very easy to schedule an appointment in a reasonable time frame for my problem of a leaky faucet that I wanted replaced. Derek arrived right at scheduled appointment time! He was friendly, fast and efficient. He answered all questions I had about the installation. There were a couple of things that made the installation tricky as my home was built in the 1970's when some materials were different but he solved these easily and professionally. The work was done quickly and neatly. He also answered questions in regards to a couple of other small issues I had and how I might fix those on my own. I was very pleased with his work and would hire again without hesitation. A big T*H*A*N*K Y*O*U !!

Description of Work
Installed bathroom faucet, brass nipples ,1/4 turn angle stops and chrome esscussions.

Category plumbing

Wow, thanks for the great review. We appreciate that you took the time to do a review. It was a pleasure working with you and look forward to helping you out in the future should a need arise. Derek & Lani

PDX Sewer Solutions, LLC

We are a female, minority owned company, specializing in sewer repairs, replacements, and all sewer related services. We are dedicated to providing our clients with the very best in service, installation, and repair for all phases of your sewer needs. We have industry experience since 1990 and we created our own company in 1994. We specialize in a variety of residential and commercial services and take pride in the attention to detail put into each of the projects we're involved with. We're known for our quality work and the integrity of our business. We look forward to building long-term relationships with our clients, and guarantee your satisfaction.

2022 Super Service Award

Cornel's Plumbing

Call to schedule today! At Cornel's Plumbing, we take pride in being locally owned and operated. With over 30+ years of plumbing experience under our belts, we have extensive knowledge & experience of both Plumbing and sewer replacement and service! We get the job done right the first time, and strive to bring our customers only the best service. We are always on time, always leave the location cleaner than we found it, and will find a solution for any plumbing need!

Realistic Rooter LLC

Realistic Rooter is a locally owned, family operated plumbing and drain cleaning company servicing the Portland Metropolitan area with 15 plus years experience. We also offer sewer location, sewer repair and excavation. Our dedication to quality customer service and professionalism will leave you more than satisfied with any and all of your drain clearing needs. Call us for any kitchen, bathroom, laundry, main sewer line, outside rain drains or toilet clogs. We offer cabling ( snaking ), jetting and camera services.

Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Check

Installation & repair on all plumbing fixtures. Fix leaks in fresh water, waste pipe & hose bibs. Install garbage disposals, dish washers & hot water heaters. Clear clogged & slow interior drains. Trenchless water service. Repipe. Gas pipe.

Sewer Replacements, Sewer Repair, Backflow testing