eLemonators Used Car Inspections

Founded 1991 • With Angi since September 2006

520 SW 6th Ave.

Portland, OR 97204

Serving Portland since 1991, we have gained a considerable amount of experience inspecting automobiles. We would like to share this knowledge by helping you and your family find a reliable used car. Our service includes much more than the inspection process itself. We are recognized in the Portland area as a highly experienced auto inspection service that provides exceptional value and outstanding personalized service to our customers. With employment in both Auto Tech and Auto Body & Paint fields as well as an ASE Master Certification, our technician can easily analyze mechanical, structural and electrical systems as well as the sophisticated on board computer function of the vehicle you want to have tested. Cost of service within the Portland Metro area is $129.00 for most cars. We offer a substantial discount if the car shows signs of structural problems or displays serious drivability problems during the early stages of the inspection (call for information). This can be billed as a failed vehicle for around $75.00. Angie's List members are given a 10% discount on full (non-failing) inspections within the Portland Metro Area. We Carefully check the fallowing interior condition exterior condition accessories & appliances electronics chassis inspection (vehicle lifted) previous damage & repaint Structural integrity SRS (safety Restraint Systems) Steering & Suspension Braking Comprehensive Engine analysis Fluids, Belts, Hoses Radiator OBDll testing of ON-BOARD computer systems, PCM/ECU & Readiness readout Cold Start of Engine if possible Comprehensive test drive Your questions are welcome and we do have answers! We hope that you will use our pre-purchase inspection service to help you through the process of finding the right car. As a co-host of the Auto Doctor Show (no longer aired) the owner of the eLemonators (Dave Bernard) had a great opportunity to share helpful hints about searching for a used car to thousands of people at one time. Since this is no longer the luxury it once was, we can only advise those that call us. Look for new ways that these messages can be provided in the future by keeping posted to Angie's List and the eLemonators. Thank you and good luck with your car hunt. "WE PUT THE SQUEEZE ON LEMONS"...

11/11/2015

Chris B.

Dave did an amazing job. I cannot praise him enough for the level of detail that he provided. That level of detail made it very,very, easy to walk away from the vehicle and not have any concerns about doing so. Provided and in depth report notated all the damage that vehicle suffered, which by the way did not show up on carfax. Also, provided notations about the total condition of the vehicle as far as a maintenance perspective, oil leaks, worn tires, etc. Bottomline, if you are in the Portland area, or just thinking about buying a vehicle from a dealership in the area. Give Dave a call, it will be the best money that you will spend hands down.

Description of Work
Provided a very detailed car inspection with a follow-up report and very detailed observations and pictures.

Category auto repair,car inspections

05/21/2015

Kristar B.

Description of Work
Performed an onsite inspection of a used car prior to purchase. Very professional, courteous and prompt. The inspection was thorough and efficient. I was very impressed.

Category auto repair,car inspections

05/20/2014

Erica R.

Dave was incredibly helpful and explained everything that he was doing and why he was doing it. He pointed out both positives and negatives to the van we were thinking of purchasing. He was honest and unbiased. As a result of his suggestions and findings we did NOT purchase the van that we originally planned to. However, we liked eLemonators so much that we had Dave come out to another dealership the next day and we DID purchase that van. I would highly recommend eLemonators to anyone!

Description of Work
Dave met us and thoroughly inspected a used van we were thinking of purchasing. He let us know that it was not "as advertised" and recommended that we discuss several details with the care dealership.

09/25/2012

John T.

l,

Description of Work
I don't live very close to where the car was located so I could not have my own mechanic check out the car. Called up Dave and he spoke with me for 15min or so about the car, and problems to look for when I actually was to go look at it in person. Great advice and very patient. Called and got the inspection scheduled for the next day and they showed up right on time. The report was compete and through. When I took the car to my home mechanic to get the reported problems looked at, my mechanic did not find anything different than what Dave found. Only thing negative that I can think of, and it is really small. When I called to scheduled the inspection, the woman on the other end of the line was difficult to understand at times due to her accent and my poor cell phone connection. She was patient and worked through the transaction with me. I would use them again if I needed an inspection.

03/22/2012

Mary W.

Dave is amazing. He educated me in both the strengths of the vehicle and the future potential problems identified through the inspection process. This guy is impressive with how much he knows about cars. We have used his services before and over the years have called him to discuss choices in used vehicles that we were considering. He has been a valuable resource for us and has saved us from wasting our time looking for a type of car that would not suit our needs. I have recommended his service on several occassions and I know that my sister has used him with great results. I will never use any other service than Elemonators for pre-buy vehicle inspecitons. I trust his work completely.

Description of Work
Dave performed a thorough inspection on a Chevy Astro van that I was considering for purchase.

01/27/2012

stephen d H.

Very well. I did not buy the truck but it was good none the less.

Description of Work
I live in VA and was purchasing a used 1989 Ford F150 from out in the Cornelius area. I cold called Dave and had never heard of him before and explained what I needed. He was able to fit me in that day and drove out to the lot and did his thing. When he was done he emailed me the report and was readily available to answer any and all questions I had. The reason I have given him a C in quality WAS NOT for the quality of his work but rather for the lack of a complete set of pictures of all aspects the vehicle, and for the lack of specifics about the issues that came up. I would have liked to seen more pictures of the vehicle or perhaps a video of the items that came up. Perhaps he could gear a report toward those people that call him and do not live in the area. Overall I felt that Dave was extremely knowledgeable and trustworthy with his work and would not hesitate to use him again.

10/22/2011

Marta L.

Dave is so professional, honest, reliable and hard working...I can't say enough about him or his partner Rachel. They are remarkably responsive, and have saved me so much time and money and hassle! Dave will actually call if after a few diagnostics, if the car looks like it may have some major problems or potential problems, and gives the option of stopping the test to save about half of the cost. I will always use Dave for purchasing a used car. I highly recommend him, and have referred folks to him many times over the years, without reservation. He is the BEST. Honest. I only endorse and praise businesses when they earn it. He earned it!

Description of Work
I have used Dave's elemonator services 4 or 5 times over the past 17 (?) or so years for auto buying -- all used cars.

08/16/2011

Phyllis Z.

The inspection investment is a must before purchasing a car. I feel totally confident in recommending that Dave perform your inspections and plan to use him again in the future.

Description of Work
My family has utilized the services of “The Elemonators” to perform inspections on used automobiles we were interested in purchasing. So far owner Dave Bernard has performed four inspections on our behalf. Each time he conducted an extensive review of the vehicle and submitted an accurate and comprehensive written report. One of the vehicles was for our daughter who was leaving for an out of state college and needed reliable transportation. She purchased the vehicle on Dave's recommendation and has had no problems with the car.

03/05/2011

EUGENE O.

Prompt, courteous, and knowledgeable

Description of Work
Inspection of my father in law's 2000 Cadillac Deville prior to listing the vehicle for sale. Thorough, and spent time with my wife and myself explaining the items on his inspection sheet. The reservation I have is whether this type of inspection would notice areas such electrical or computer issues.

11/18/2010

E M.

He was able to schedule an appointment for the day after I called and was very easy to work with. He explained his findings to me and the inspection provided the peace of mind I needed to buy the car. AAA discount was a nice bonus.

Description of Work
Car inspection of a used car I was interested in purchasing.

07/03/2010

Jim K.

Dave was very professional. He explained what he was doing and the results each step of the way. I would definitely recommend his services. Do note, there is not an Angie's list discount, but there is a discount with a AAA card.

Description of Work
My teenage son was purchasing his first used car. Dave performed a thorough inspection of the vehicle.

03/04/2009

STEPHANIE W.

They have good prices. They are honest. The man that I have worked with is very knowledgeable. He really knows this business. He even went to the dealership to check out a car I was looking at.

Description of Work
I used them to check out a car that my daughter was going to purchase.

04/19/2008

Erin R.

Dave arrived early, did the full inspection, and went over it with us in detail. He instructed me to have the dealer not start the car that day so that he could get a cold start, and explained the issues that would help him diagnose. He was fast, professional, and very knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Pre-purchase inspection of a used Saab.

10/30/2006

DAVID G.

It went very well. He's prompt, personable, well-equipped and seems to know his stuff. He inspects the vehicle in a descending order of potential problems, i.e. he looks for major problems first and will stop the inspection at a lesser fee point if something big turns up. Then he continues on to the details. I was able to accompany him on a test drive and ask him questions and get his impressions as he drove. At the end he provided me with a printout of his scan results and a comprehensive checklist of his findings and ratings of the vehicle. He's even able to raise the vehicle far enough on location to check the undercarriage. The whole process took about 90 minutes, he had nice things to say about the truck and I wound up buying it on the spot. Dave makes it very convenient by coming to where the vehicle is and I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Dave performed a pre-purchase inspection of a 2001 Toyota 4Runner for me.

09/18/2006

MELISSA L.

I traded several calls with Rachel in order to schedule the inspection. She was very knowledgeable and flexible, in terms of setting a time for the inspection since I was having trouble getting in touch with the seller immediately. Rachel was willing to schedule the appointment as soon as possible, depending on the seller's schedule. Once the inspection was done, I received a call from Dave who did the inspection and he talked me through what he found and what the issues with the car were. He gave some great advice. I would definitely use this service again and I highly recommend it for anyone wanting to purchase a used car.

Description of Work
I went to check out a used car from a private party and then scheduled E-Lemonators to go and inspect the car at the property before going any further.

09/02/2006

ANDY W.

They were incredibly helpful! When I called them for one car, they strongly discouraged me from even moving ahead with it based on their experience with the sales situation (possible/probable laundering of a title to remove a brand). Then I called them about another car, and they knew which engine models were historically good and bad. The checking-out of the car was thorough and now I know what maintenance I'll need to get done in the next year or so. I'll use them again. An added advantage is that you don't have to take the car to a garage. E-Lemonators will come to you.

Description of Work
Checked out car before purchase. Came to where the car was, did emissions and engine tests, did full checkup on car, gave advice on whether to buy.

Aatco Transmission & Transaxle

Tim's AATCO Transmission & Transaxle is a transmission repair shop in Beaverton, Oregon. Tim from AATCO would like to thank you for checking out our company. We've been serving the area for over 20 years and most of our client base is made of referrals and return customers. Our mechanics specialize in automatic and manual transmissions and transfer cases. We also repair or replace clutches, u-joints and drive axles. Our shop is spread out over about 8,500 sq. ft. with over 100 re-built transmissions in stock! We can also take care of your transfer case and differential maintenance. We service all makes and models of cars, trucks, RV's and 4x4s. We specialize in: Inspections and analysis, Calibrations, Drivability evaluations, Rebuilding, Reconditioning, Scheduled maintenance, Towing We are committed to providing you with excellent services, and we take our clients' opinion to heart when we perform our repairs. In fact, our customers have given great feedback to us, which has helped us develop our auto repair services over the years. We are members of the Better Business Bureau and the Automatic Transmission Rebuilders Association. Our technicians are ASE certified. Ask about our nationwide warranties. Call AATCO Transmission & Transaxle today for a phone quote or to discuss your auto repair needs!

Auto Inspections
    Auto Service
    MasterCard, Check, Visa, American Express, Discover
    $20

On-Site automobile inspections, used car inspections, vehicle pre-warranty expiration, pre-owned, pre-sale inspections, comprehensive computerized and hands-on vehicle inspections, mobile-On Site car inspections

We do not sell, repair cars. Selling or repairing cars is a conflict of interest so we only provide comprehensive pre-purchase inspection services