Don R Titus, Residential Designer

Founded 2007 • With Angi since October 2009

5138 SE 115th Ave

Portland, OR 97266

I am Covid-vaccinated, and I'm also happy to wear a mask while at your home if you prefer.

We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

I help my clients create the home they've always imagined. By working with them to re-create an existing house, or design a new one, I help them tailor their homes to suit their unique lifestyles and needs. I work with clients throughout the greater Portland area (and beyond). Visit www.donrtitus.com/lets-talk to find out more and schedule an appointment....

architect (8)

08/28/2020

I contracted Don to continue developing construction documents after the current drafter had become unavailable. Don was quick at getting up to speed on the project, and offered great suggestions on some areas which needed improvement. He was usually available quickly via phone and email to discuss project details. We eventually waded into difficult requirements from the City of Portland regarding wetland remediation issues. It was new territory for both Don and myself, but we bounced many ideas off each other and finally created a solution the City was willing to accept. I would recommend Don for drafting and design projects.

Description of Work
Construction Plans

Work Completed On 08/28/2020

Review for Don R Titus, Residential Designer - 5138 SE 115th Ave, Portland, OR - 38836995

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]! It's been a real pleasure working with you, and watching the construction of your house progress. Looking forward to seeing it finished, and you getting to move in!

07/06/2020

Don was great to work with in designing our family home. He was very responsive to what we wanted while at the same time providing input into what was realistic. He went the extra mile helping us to find an engineer for our project as well. I would recommend Don for your project.

Description of Work
New home design

Work Completed On 01/25/2020

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]! I really enjoyed getting to work with you.

06/28/2020

My husband and I worked with Don for an addition to the back of our house last year. He was easy to work with and created the perfect plan for our home. After living with the finished construction for several months now, there isn’t anything we dislike or would change. We loved our house before but now it’s our dream home.

Description of Work
Plans for an addition to our house including a master bedroom, bathroom, and covered porch

Work Completed On 03/30/2019

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]! I appreciate the opportunity to work with you, and I'm so glad you're pleased with the results.

05/22/2018

A complete and utter waste of time. Don was pre-occupied with other things, and despite him telling me he'd get back to me, he completely failed to do so. I'm not going to beg him for his service. If he's not interested in new clients, then good luck to him.

Description of Work
I needed plans drawn up for an extension

Work Completed On 04/20/2018

07/09/2015

Work Completed On 07/06/2013

10/31/2014

Description of Work
Don did some drawings for our unfinished basement and was excellent. He was very thorough and timely in completing the plans and his price was excellent.

Work Completed On 05/01/2012

11/07/2011

Don did an awesome job! He was very amenable to talking about any potential changes, flexible, and forward thinking.

Description of Work
Don created an architectural drawing for new construction.

Work Completed On 05/15/2010

04/04/2011

It went very well. I was pleased with Don’s Work. His work was thorough. He was timely. His communications were good. The plans that he did were accepted by the city planners office without difficulty.

Description of Work
He did a deign job for a garage extension.

Work Completed On 04/14/2010

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]!

While the services i offer are essentially the same as those offered by architects, I am not a licensed architect. In Oregon and Washington, however, an architect's license is not required to do drawings for most residential projects. As a residential designer, I offer design expertise while keeping my rates lower for clients. If you need an architect for your project, I'd be happy to provide you with a referral. I'm often asked if I provide structural engineering, or if I build as well as design. I don't offer these services, but I have good relationships with structural engineers and contractors, and I'm happy to recommend them to you. Contact me for more information.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, PayPal