Deconstruction Services of The ReBuilding Center

Founded 1999 • With Angi since July 2006

3625 N Mississippi Ave

Portland, OR 97227

The ReBuilding Center offers DeConstruction Services, an affordable and sustainable alternative to conventional demolition. Working by hand, our skilled crews salvage for reuse up to 85% of a building’s major components.

04/11/2011

Lisa C.

The experience overall was great. I love that they reuse what they can and even recycle the concrete. Responsiveness was the only thing really lacking. I had to follow-up several times before and during the process to find out what was going on. I have patience though and wasn't on a strict timeline, so it worked out well.

Description of Work
Deconstruction Services knocked down an old concrete garage on my property.

Category excavators, remodeling

01/31/2011

NICOLE B.

We hired a contractor to re-do 2 tile bathrooms that were unusable after a complete remodel of our second floor the previous year by a different contractor. Deconstruction Services did the site prep and demo to minimize damage to the remodeled area that included new hardwood floors, freshly painted surfaces, wood trim. They were meticulous in the demo work, to the point most of the wood trim could be re-used and very little damage occurred to the rooms through which they had to pass the debris.

Description of Work
Site prep and demolition of 2 tile bathrooms in a newly remodeled second floor. They protected the rooms and newly refinished stairway that would be impacted during the project of re-doing the bathrooms. They gutted the 2 bathrooms, yet minimal damage occurred during the demolition and reconstruction of the bathrooms. We don't know cost as it was part of the contractor's overall bid.

Category excavators, remodeling

03/20/2008

NICOLE K.

Everything went great! Before I set up a time to have an estimate done, they were willing to answer all my questions about how their process works. Gary did the estimate and was on time. Once we were ready to move forward, they were able to get me in their schedule within a week. The work was complete in one day less than originally expected. They cleaned up the work area and hauled away all the debris. We are asked them to remove the wood trim and molding gingerly so we could re-use it. They removed it and taped it up in bundles for each room that it came from after they removed all the nails. They even arranged for The ReBuilding Center to come take the items that they could sell in their store. The whole process went very well.

Description of Work
DeConstrruct was hired to completely gut our basement. This included removing wood paneling, sheet rock, acoustical tile ceiling, furring strips, lighting fixtures, ceramic tile floor, shelving, doors, molding/trim and walls.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, remodeling, woodworking, doors

02/13/2008

DANNY H.

My first appt. was missed by the estimator Gary. He called and apologized and we rescheduled. My second appointment was for 4:30 on a Monday, this was also missed and I was called on Tuesday at 3:00 by Gary who stated he was 15 minutes from my house. Even if he got the day wrong, why would he show up at 3:00? The 3rd appointment was missed because of an injury that Gary had to stay at the office and cover for. He expressed that this was not how they do business and I agreed that it was inconvenient but that I understood. We rescheduled a FOURTH appt. at which Gary said he would bid "not to exceed" and that if he missed this appointment he'd do the work for free. That fourth appointment came and went two days ago. Called and left voice messages with both Gary and the manager Sarah. Neither have contacted me. This is very frustrating to me, as I was looking forward to the recycle implications of their service. This was a complete waste of my time just to get a quote.

Description of Work
I am planning to remodel my kitchen and called to have an estimate on a full kitchen tear out to the studs.

Category excavators

11/11/2006

Rita M.

Excellent job. The crew was very friendly and efficient. Job was complicated by the dilapidated condition of the structure, but they did an excellent job dismantling it. They recycle what they can. The post-demo clean-up was amazing. I recommend them very highly.

Description of Work
Demolition of an old garage.

Category excavators

03/02/2006

SCOTT G.

Everyone was on time and professional. They were careful to close off areas to prevent the dust from spreading throughout the house. They were great about calling to clear up any questions as they worked.

Description of Work
Deconstructed dropped ceiling in kitchen and removed old plaster. They also removed lathe/plaster and flooring in the upstairs bathroom.

Category home remodeling

Portland Construction LLC

*** ATTENTION CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC*** WHAT IS PORTLAND CONSTRUCTION IS DOING? To all of our Clients we would like to let u know that you can be sure to contract us without any pending and with the confidence that we are taking all the necessary precautions to give you all the Safety to your family that due to the CoronaVirus, we will be disinfecting all our Tools before entering your home,of course takes time consuming but Portland Construction's priority is your safety and your Family,also we will have a Water Station with Soap outside to wash our hands before entering your home.We will treat your house like if is our house . Please stay safe and Healthy! PORTLAND CONSTRUCTION LLC is a full ser­vice DRYWALL COMPANY and REMODEL with 20 Years Experience Building Nike, INTEL, OHSU, Legacy Hospitals,Providence Hospitals and Schools over the years (Commercial and Residential). We are de­voted to ful­fill­ing the needs of our lo­cal clients. Our goal is to cre­ate a level of trust with our cus­tomers, so that they are com­fort­able know­ing that our pric­ing struc­ture will be money well spent on their dry­wall projects. It’s im­por­tant for us to dif­fer­en­ti­ate our­selves from fly-by-night con­trac­tors and de­serve the rep­u­ta­tion in the com­mu­nity. Portland Construction is here to bring a fair bid to acomplish our Quality. If u need a free Estimate call us: ‭(971) 732-6475‬ CCB# 217861 Chuy Pay with Crypto and get 10% off: Bitcoin Ethereum Cardano Dogecoin

2022 Super Service Award

JR Insulation Drywall

JR Insulation has serviced the construction industry in Oregon & Washington for the past 20 years. Our commitment to quality workmanship and exceptional value has earned us a strong reputation in both commercial and residential markets. We are fully licensed, bonded and insured to work in Oregon, as well as, Washington (specifically Vancouver). Each person on our team is exceptionally trained and certified. We are here to assist you on your project not matter how large or small!

Innovation Drywall, LLC

With over 15 years of drywall experience, we are here to offer services in drywall. Contact us today to talk about your project. We look forward to speaking with you.

Deconstruction.

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Deconstruction Services of The ReBuilding Center

How is Deconstruction Services of The ReBuilding Center overall rated?

Deconstruction Services of The ReBuilding Center is currently rated 4.7 overall out of 5.

What days are Deconstruction Services of The ReBuilding Center open?

Deconstruction Services of The ReBuilding Center is open:

What payment options does Deconstruction Services of The ReBuilding Center provide

Deconstruction Services of The ReBuilding Center accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Does Deconstruction Services of The ReBuilding Center offer free estimates?

Yes, Deconstruction Services of The ReBuilding Center offers free project estimates.

Does Deconstruction Services of The ReBuilding Center offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, Deconstruction Services of The ReBuilding Center does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Deconstruction Services of The ReBuilding Center offer a senior discount?

No, Deconstruction Services of The ReBuilding Center does not offer a senior discount.

Are warranties offered by Deconstruction Services of The ReBuilding Center?

No, Deconstruction Services of The ReBuilding Center does not offer warranties.

What services does Deconstruction Services of The ReBuilding Center offer?

Deconstruction Services of The ReBuilding Center offers the following services: Deconstruction.