Decca Hardwood Company

Founded 1996 • With Angi since October 2005

6417 SE Powell Blvd

Portland, OR 97206

"A Solid Reputation You Can Stand On" - locally owned & operated since 1996. We have over 40 years experience! Hardwood flooring sales, installation, & refinishing. One of the largest hardwood flooring inventories in the Pacific Northwest. Direct from manufacturer to you. Experienced full-time employees & installers - we do not sub-out our quality work....

09/02/2015

Heather W.

They did a good job in a short amount of time. They cleaned up and the floors look great.

Description of Work
They put in new wood floors in our condo.

Category flooring contractor,hardwood floor

08/07/2015

Elizabeth G.

My husband and I were very impressed with the quality of work we received from Decca Harwood Company. We installed Brazillian Teak and the floor is gorgeous. The entire process with this company was smooth from getting the in-home estimate with samples of our product to the workers arriving on time every day. There were no surprises. I am a perfectionist and believe that if you hire a company to do a job, it needs to be done well and on time. All the cuts, the craftmanship, everything went well. Decca Hardwood Company was also very competitively priced, they have a wonderful showroom and the staff is very knowledgeable. I plan on using this company again to install the same product in other areas of our house and highlyrecommend them!

Description of Work
Provider installed hardwood floors.

Category flooring contractor,hardwood floor

01/11/2015

Marcia M.

See above: it went well and I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Provider went to great length to try to match existing engineered wood floors. He removed carpeting and installed wood floors in 4 bedrooms that are a close color match to remaining floors. while he was unable to match the grain, the result looka likw a match and is very attractive. The work was completed in a timely manner and very professionally. Lam, the coordinator, was helpful and very responsive and I would recommend him highly.

09/10/2014

Alec A.

Called to get a bid to replace a one foot board that was damaged. They wanted to charge $250.00. Said it would take three hours. When I questioned the amount of time and cost, they said it was a union shop and that I needed to pay for an hours time for them to load their tools and drive 5 miles. When I said I didn't understand why I had to pay for them loading tools, the person hung up the phone. I called back and asked if I could just purchase one board and I would do it myself. The lady I spoke to said that is no problem. I got a call shortly afterwards saying that they would not sell any of the boards.. Very!! unprofessional.

Description of Work
I was trying to get a board replaced that was damaged. They were the original installer.

02/26/2014

Suesan K.

My husband and I bought a condo that had white oak striped hardwoods in the main living areas. We decided to continue this into the bedroom and closet area which required removing the carpet. We contacted the Developer and were referred to Decca as the original installer of our other flooring. We contacted Joe at Decca, he still had the records of our original install and made sure he had enough of the same material. He came out measured our bedroom and closet. He sent the bid as promised. The installer showed up as promised and called when they finished (which was ahead of schedule). When I saw the work that they had done, I was stunned. It was beautiful. I couldn't stop telling the installers (Gheorghe and his friend) what a fantastic job it was. I had to call Joe immediately and thank him. He gave us cleaning advice to keep the wood looking great too. I also appreciated that they made it very clear in the bid that they would be taking off the baseboards and we would need to repaint and calk them. I have had work done in the past where I was unaware that there would be additional issues to deal with. But Decca never hid anything and I appreciate that they didn't (I already had a painter waiting in the wings). I would recommend this company.

Description of Work
Install white oak strip hardwood in a bedroom and walk in closet.

04/24/2013

Julia B.

Over all pleased,,but was disappointed with the final bill

Description of Work
When I initially called the ofc. I wanted an approximate charge based the a measurement the real estate agent had given me on the area to be covered. She measured 200 sq ft. the original amount of the charge, on the phone, was approx. $1 677.00 She was off 50 sq ft. so I was really surprised when the final bill was a $1000 more. Labor was $75 per hour for each man that showed. That's $150 an hour for 2 men. Having said that I was very pleased with the work the men did. They were easy to work with, and did a very professional job. My only advise is to fully understand the charges before work begins. I was pretty stuck because Decca was the only local Co. to have the type flooring I needed. It had been discontinued, and needed to match the existing flooring.

06/18/2012

Yvonne C.

Great! Two installers arrived on time at 8AM. They started working and did not stop working except for a lunch break. They removed baseboards - and preserved them intact to reinstall later. They removed carpet, carpet pad, tack strips, prepped the subfloor, then began measuring/cutting/installing hardwood. They finished the same day. They cleaned up behind themselves and reinstalled the baseboards.

Description of Work
We've actually used Decca Hardwoods twice now, both times to take out carpet and install Merbau engineered plank hardwood in various rooms. We ended up using Decca because they could get the Merbau engineered wood from the original manufacturer that was used by our home builder, Arbor - i.e., they could match our original hardwood. Also their price is very competitive. On both installations, two installers arrived on time in the morning, methodically removed baseboards, carpet, pad, carpet tack strips, prepared the subflooring then installed the hardwood. One install, the wood was glued. The more recent install the wood was nailed down. Both ways worked fine. Also should point out that the first install involved blending the new hardwood with existing hardwood. The installers very skillfully stitched the wood together for a very clean, seamless blending. The installers accomodated our request to hang plastic to block off the work area to minimize extraneous dust in the rest of the house. The installers were very professional and worked non-stop except for a break for lunch. We found one minor damaged spot in the first install done over a year ago and the installer and the recent install fixed it for us. And, a big plus for us, both times the installers reinstalled the baseboards. They were able to remove the baseboards intact. Only thing for me to do is some minor paint touchups. Better than me trying to reinstall it. Joe at Decca is responsive and shows a desire to make sure the customer is satisfied. He'll email the invoice when the the job is done and lets you mail in your check. That's a system of trust.

03/02/2011

LAWRENCE R.

Excellent job and outcome. Roger B provided estimate of cost and time to do project and provided guidance with floor style. Crew was professional and completed work within given timeline.

Description of Work
Removed 15 yr old red oak flooring in kitchen and entry, carpet in guest bedroom, den, replaced with Chilean Coigue Rustic pre-finished hardwood, and replaced kickboards.

11/17/2010

Cory W.

I wanted to match existing stuff that I already had so it was what I already had. I paid about $3.50 per square foot. They are the only people that had the stuff so the price was fine. The wood changes color over time which is good but they could have told me that it would change and get better. I thought I had the wrong wood. I would use them again for materials.

Description of Work
I bought some plywood for my floors from Decca Hardwood but I didn't have them do any work. It was enough for a small bathroom. It was around 70 square feet.

11/11/2010

ron L.

I had this job bid by 2 companies. Decca's bid came in lower and offered more scheduling options. The floors look great. The inconvenience of the process was minimal--dust was well contained and the time needed to stay away from the house was as stated. Thus as much of a hassle having floors resurfaced is Decca Hardwoods did a top-notch professional job for us.

Description of Work
Decca hardwoods installed new hardwoods for our kitchen remodel and refinished the floors in our dining/living rooms.

Floors Portland

We provide excellent flooring installation services in the Portland Metro Area. Installing tile, carpet, hardwood, lvt/laminate. With over 10 years experience in the industry we guarantee the highest level of satisfaction and professionalism from our installers and staff.

ADVANCED HARDWOOD FLOORS

Established in 1998, Advanced Hardwood Floors continues to be a family owned and operated business serving the Portland Metro area. Advanced Hardwood Floors prides itself on an outstanding record of quality service and personal attention to detail. Our philosophy is to treat your home as we would our own, and this is complimented by our years of experience in the industry. Our longevity is a testament to the level of service and quality of result you'll get when you choose Advanced Hardwood Floors for any installation, repair, or refinish project.

Offers by ADVANCED HARDWOOD FLOORS on Angi
    Woodfloor Masters Inc.

WoodFloor Masters has been servicing Vancouver, Longview, and Kelso Washington for over 11 years. Our Hardwood Floor Installation Experts specialize in all aspects of your wood flooring needs from new installation, to refinishing and even wood floor care.

MasterCard, Discover, Visa, Check, American Express

Stocked inventory, prefinished solid hardwood, prefinished engineered hardwood, unfinished hardwood, stair treads & risers, laminate, carpet, lvt (luxury vinyl tile), underlayment, adhesives, installation, refinishing, delivery & sundries.