Costco

Founded 1994 • With Angi since July 2005

7855 SW Dartmouth Ave

Portland, OR 97223

Warehouse number - 111....

10/12/2016

Florence R.

Costco was wonderful. It was a great deal through Costco. Costco was a great experience. You just have to tell them what car you want to buy and they tell you what deal to go to. We got the car a week later. I got sixteen months of no interest financing.

Description of Work
I use Costco for auto sales.

Category car sales

07/02/2015

Renea A.

Great, very knowledgeable representative and courteous too.

Description of Work
We need a new furnace and are considering air conditioning.

06/22/2015

STEPHANIE W.

Very good service. They replaced two tires for $66 dollars, because they have to be done in pairs, and the one was damaged/flawed. It would have cost me over $400 elsewhere. They totally stood behind their warranty service.

Description of Work
Had purchased 4 Michelin tires, one had worn badly. Went in to inquire about warranty service. Had gotten prices elsewhere as well.

Category car tires, eyeglass repair

07/04/2014

CHARLES K.

Wonderful to deal with, this is my second or third time getting glasses with them. I'm an M.D. and researched the choices pretty well before walking in. Staff are busy, but the opticians patiently took me through the various choices of frames and what sizes would work best for my prescription. They said it would take a bit over a week, but glasses were ready in less than a week. Helpful staff in fitting, too. What's really remarkable is the price; I paid $290 for my glasses, which included a better-quality frame with magnetic clip-on sunglasses, no-line trifocal lenses, and Transitions (turn dark when outside) as well as anti-scratch coating. It was all one combined price, without a lot of nickel-&-dime itemization. I ordered high refractive index material (1.67), which makes for lighter, thinner lenses and better quality. Even better: my optometrist had discussed the added advantage of "digital lenses," which mean that the lenses are precision-machined to one's prescription and the shape of eyes, meaning that things are much clearer everywhere one looks. But it's an extra-cost option everywhere but Costco. The glasses are wonderful, best I've owned in some 50 years of glasses. The optical shop at my optometrist's office, with special discounts from my insurance, offered me all the features I list above for about $800. Needless, to say, my wife and I will continue to go to Costco for our eyeglasses.

Description of Work
New eyeglasses

Category eyeglass repair, optometrist

04/18/2014

john B.

Costco is the best-if i wasn't retired,i'd try my damndest to get a job there,they treat their Customers AND Employees like Royalty-UNLIKE Walmart,Sam's Club,Target and most every other retail store out there.

Description of Work
weekly shopping trip

02/07/2014

Scot S.

I have taken several pairs of old glasses in, to get new screws in and stuff. I was very pleased with the lenses. The one weakness is that, they are a little weak on their frame selection. They have a good selection but it could be better. I have 3 pairs of glasses they had like last summer. About a month ago, I had took in an old pair, one of those pairs to have them and adjusted because I was having a little trouble with it, the way it was riding on my nose. They just did it and no questions with it, very good.

Description of Work
I used Costco for optical sales and repair.

01/06/2014

Cheryl H.

Recently looked for snow tires and got a lot of helpful information on products available. My Toyota dealer beat the price and also found wheels to keep them mounted all the time. Costco did not sell wheels so I went withToyota.

Description of Work
Shop at Costco regularly and find quality, service, price all excellent. Return policy is excellent if something does not work out.

09/23/2013

Lori R.

show up on time or before time, you may have to wait but not long and they are very courteous

Description of Work
I do think this provider is excellent. Although I decided in the long run not to use.

07/16/2013

Richard W.

In June, I went to the Clackamas Costco looking for tires, but they only had very expensive tires (60,000 mile warranty) on sale, not appropriate for a 17-year old car that is only driven about 3,000 miles/year. They advised me that less expensive, more appropriate (40,000 mile warranty) tires would be on sale in July. In July, I went to the Tigard Costco for tires; they wrote up the order. About an hour later, they called to say that they had the wrong-size tires, and didn't have correctly-sized tires in stock. I told them to cancel the order, and I would come back to get the car. When I got to their counter, they offered a remote possibility that they might be able to get appropriately-sized tires in the next few days (no guarantee). I turned down this offer. When I went to get my car, however, it still had its wheels off despite my notice that I wanted to cancel. So I had to wait until they found someone to replace the tires. In general, I'm a really big fan of Costco, but the Tigard store in general (not just the tire center) is the worst-managed of any that I use.

Description of Work
Wasted my time

Category car tires

07/25/2012

JIM C.

The only problem was the Hotel booked us with did not have our reservation when we arrived.Everything else was great, especially the $310 voucher to spend on the ship.

Description of Work
We went on a Carribean cruise.

Category travel agency

07/22/2012

Maureen B.

The personnel were helpful and prompt. They called me as soon as the car was ready and explained how the warranty worked and also that I could make an appointment any time to have the tires checked for air, wheels balanced, tires rotated, etc. at no additional charge. Overall an excellent experience and I'd definitely get tires there again.

Description of Work
My Honda CRV needed 4 new tires. I made a service appointment with Costco and selected 4 tires, which they were running a special coupon for.The service technician removed my old tires, got rid of them for me, installed the new tires, and made sure everything was aligned and in good working order before turning the car back over to me.

Category car tires

06/28/2012

Jean W.

They were exceptional. They didn't charge for a complete eye exam that another audiologist charged 175 dollars for, they offered it free of charge. It was an excellent examination. This was my husbands third pair of hearing aids and he is very pleased with them. They are the latest technology and they were a good price. They have a 90 day return policy. We were very pleased with them. They call you to remind you of your appointment and they call two weeks later for feedback appointment to see if there is anything they can do for you.

Description of Work
We used Costco for my husbands hearing aids.

Category audiology

06/15/2012

Penny M.

The appointment went very smoothly. They had a very professional eye exam, very comfortable manner, and fairly inexpensive. I was very happy with the service I received.

Description of Work
I went in for a routine eye exam. It was very easy to schedule and the appointment went very well.

Category optometrist

04/06/2012

HEIDI B.

It was quick and they were efficient. They didn't try to sell you things you didn't need or want. I remember the person who helped me, his name was Tom, and he did a really good job.

Description of Work
I get my prescription eye glasses at Costco.

10/11/2011

GABRIEL G.

The exam was done at the time it was set for. The optometrist was professional and helpful. The prescription he gave me, only a little different than my old one according to him, has really made a very helpful difference to me, especially for driving. I was very glad I went in. The eye glasses came within the one week time limit that was promised. They have been perfect.

Description of Work
To get an eye exam and, if necessary, new glasses.

10/07/2011

Aida K.

They are a warehouse that offers discounted prices for their members. They stand behind their products and have very high quality products.

Description of Work
I had a membership to Costco.

Category

07/20/2010

BOB E.

They did a great job. We were very pleased and they were helpful in all aspects.

Description of Work
Went to Costco to look at kitchen cabinets and decided to have them provide a subcontractor to install counter tops and cabinets for us. Artistic Kitchen & Bath was who did the design work and the actual installation for us.

Category home remodeling

02/05/2010

STEVE R.

Costco is always superb with us. They come back afterwards to make sure everything went well. It is always very satisfactory dealing with them. I just can't find a lower price than going through them and there services are so good, it just works very nicely. The price was the best that I could find. There responsiveness is very good; it was generally within two hours each time. This is the second car I bought through them.

Description of Work
I bought a Toyota Matrix from them in September.

Category car sales

12/07/2009

Richard J.

It was a good experience. They were inexpensive. They explained everything to me and I am pleased with their services.

Description of Work
I see them for eye care. They did an eye exam the last time I visited them.

09/10/2009

Douglas T.

It is a great friendly store. The prices are probably the best we can get. They are very good with customer service.

Description of Work
I go to Costco Pharmacy.

Category pharmacy

03/04/2009

KARL D.

They were fast and courteous. The quality of the products was excellent. Overall, I am happy with their service, and I will use them in the future.

Description of Work
They are my optometrists. I went there the last time to get new glasses and also had an eye exam performed by their optometrist.

02/04/2009

Deniella R.

I love Costco, their prices are great. We've gotten so used to their prices being low that we go there to buy things before we go anywhere else. Purchasing the couch was easy and everything was excellent. The staff is very good. They're helpful and professional. We really like this store.

Description of Work
We bought a new couch from Costco.

Category furniture sales

10/31/2008

Anne T.

The price was amazing, and the quality is very good for the bamboo we got. The installation was done by a young man in our yacht club, and he'd used the same thing on another job and declared it good stuff. We love our new flooring!

Description of Work
We bought bamboo flooring for our kitchen and laundry room.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor

09/22/2008

KEN R.

They did a great job. The people that came out and did the installation did a fine job and they had great customer service at the store when I was picking out the carpet.

Description of Work
We bought carpet from them and then had them come out and installed it.

Category flooring contractor

08/15/2008

BRUCE D.

To cut a very long and incredibly frustrating story short, I had purchased an HP computer which subsequently turned out to be a total dud (and based on other similar experiences, apparently such 'out of the box' problems with HP products are not too uncommon these days). In keeping with their warranty, I had turned to HP to fix the problem and over a year and a half later the computer itself still would not operate without shutting down - in effect making it completely unusable. I had simply wanted a replacement from HP, but soon learned that nowadays (customers beware!) the 'quality control' for their products is by default left totally to the customer to sort out and not (as would normally be expected of any fundamentally faulty or 'reject quality' product) to them as the responsible maker and supplier! Checking the product to ensure it is working BEFORE it is sold seems to be not on their agenda anymore. But to make matters worse, they simply refused to agree to simply replacing the brand 'new' unit itself (again buyers beware) and insisted I find the time to keep sending it back to them and spend hours fruitlessly talking by phone to their HP service reps, only to see it remain with the problem completely unsolved, time and time again. When put through to a higher level customer service manager on one occasion, his attitude was one of effectively blaming me for the problem and accepting no meaningful responsibility at HP's end. Anyway, you can imagine the anger and virtual despair such a process of frustration and lack of responsibility built up over time. Costco customer service management to the rescue. As a last resort I went back to them with my story concerning HP's lack of responsiveness and to their very great credit they fixed the problem for me to my great satisfaction. So customer service is not dead it appears and Costco have basically won a fan for life. I cannot say the same for HP! (I will henceforth never purchase a product of theirs again and will definitely be warning as many other people as possible of the astonishing quality, warranty and service risks involved.)

Description of Work
The service reported on, in relation to Costco's Store in Tigard, is the excellent quality of their after sales customer service and management - following the purchase of a faulty computer system that 'theoretically' at least fell under a warranty from the system's manufacturer, the HP computer company. Costco saved the day with their willingness to step up and take it upon themselves to fix what had become a seemingly irresolvable problem (and potential total loss of the purchase price) with the HP as the primary warranty holder.

Category