Climate Control Heating & AC

Founded 1989 • With Angi since June 2005

Climate Control provides high quality residential and commercial heating, air conditioning and indoor air quality systems, repairs as well as scheduled maintenance services. These systems include the client’s homes and businesses. Climate Control, established in 1989, focuses in the add-on,

A Service Provider's profile imageA Service Provider's profile image

4.3

HVAC Companies (112)water heaters (8)air duct cleaning (2)home energy audit (1)gas leak repair (1)

11/13/2021

Bruce B.

Excellent. Furnace quit working, called and asked about sooner appt. Annual scheduled for a week or so out but sent technician out that day and fixed problem(plugged tube) and completed annual maintenance. Also installed surge protector.

Description of Work
Furnace not working.

Work Completed On 11/13/2021

10/06/2020

Matt C.

We had an A/C installed recently by Climate Control and I just wanted to write in and state that from start to finish we couldn't be happier. We will definitely use them again in the future for anything we need done regarding our heating and cooling equipment.

Description of Work
A/C Install

Work Completed On 10/06/2020

09/23/2019

donkey H.

They came out, identified the issues, addressed them. Jason is awesome, and their service guy was quite competent. Unfortunately, as I priced them against other top rated companies, they came out about 40% more expensive for equivalent services and an apple to apples bid.

Description of Work
Furnace and ac service and quote for new system

Work Completed On 09/04/2019

10/29/2017

Rodney F.

I called on Thursday October 12. For a "regular price" service call, they scheduled me for the following Wednesday October 18. Okay, almost a week later, but the weather hasn't been that cold, so it's not like I need the furnace fixed right away or we'll freeze to death or anything like that. Certainly not urgent enough to warrant paying extra for an emergency service call. Service man arrived on Wednesday October 12, as scheduled, tested the capacitor, which tested fine, so then he says he'll just have to start replacing parts until he finds the part that is keeping the fan from running. He says he'll replace the control board first (which we'll have to pay for, even if that doesn't turn out to be the problem), and then, if that doesn't work, the fan (again, we'll have to pay for that, whether it turns out that the fan was faulty or not). He also warns that if he has to replace both, we might be better off getting a new furnace. Hey, it's 20 years old, so I get it. Oh, and also, he doesn't have either part and would have to order them, so he'll get back to us later with prices for the parts, and a price for a whole new furnace, he says, and then figure out when to schedule us in, depending on what we want to do - fix it or replace it. But, it seemed odd to me that he couldn't narrow down which part was faulty. So, I called a friend who installs industrial HVAC units (who unfortunately lives too far away to come have a look at our furnace) just to see if he thinks that sounds odd too. He, OVER THE PHONE, tells me how to test each part using a simple electrical multi-meter I got for FREE with a coupon from Harbor Freight, and I quickly (and, I mean within a few minutes) determine that the control board is faulty. I ordered one over the internet for $35. Yes, that's right $35. It came a couple days later. I swapped out the new control board for the original one. The furnace works like new again. The service man that was here on October 18 - you know, the one that said he couldn't possibly narrow down the problem - charged me just over $100 to come out and test the capacitor when he was here on October 18. I spent $35 to fix it on my own! Could it be that Climate Control just wants to sell me a new furnace (upwards of how much? $3,000? More?) I don't know how much Climate Control would charge me to fix it or replace it, because it is now October 30 - two and a half weeks since I originally called, and one and a half weeks since the service man was here and WE STILL HAVEN'T HEARD BACK FROM CLIMATE CONTROL! If I ever do hear back from them, perhaps I will offer to teach them how to diagnose faulty parts in a furnace, since I now apparently know more about diagnosing furnace problems than the technician they sent out!

Description of Work
My furnace quit working, so I called Climate Control because they installed the furnace back in 1998. It just seemed logical to me to call them to come fix it, even after nearly 20 years. I don't know anything about furnaces, so I expected them to be able to diagnose what was wrong, fix it - or even tell us if it was beyond repair - and that is that.

Work Completed On 10/18/2017

09/06/2017

Harriet N.

The first serviceman that came out, may have been drunk he admitted he drank quit heavily the day before. He couldn't figure out what was wrong and made some mis- statements about the air conditioning system and how it was installed. When I called the company back and asked them to have a different person come out. They did and explained to him what happened and he didn't agree with the 1st gentleman and fixed the problem. The follow through was good the initial serviceman wasn't good. If graded on first serviceman all F's but because they sent someone new would give them all A's. Same with if would she use again yes if 1st serviceman didn't come out.

Description of Work
.AC update on yearly contract with them. Come out twice a year once for Air and once for heating.

Work Completed On 06/01/2017

05/15/2017

Todd M.

Climate Control provided a very quick quote on the service, which was a bit higher than another company's quote. But Climate Control recommended a higher end model of the Carrier compressor, so that made up much of the price difference. About 1 week after installation, the A/C failed. CC came back very quickly, found a bad braze in the refrigerant plumbing, and fixed now. I was very pleased throughout with the professionalism and responsiveness.

Description of Work
A/C installation

Work Completed On 04/10/2017

12/15/2016

Dan A.

All three of my experiences with Climate Control have been very positive, with skilled and friendly technicians. The duct work significantly improved the performance and comfort of my system. Last night my furnace (which hadn't been maintained in a few years) stopped working, so we called Climate Control this morning who sent one of their technicians (Steve) out a few hours later. Steve helped diagnose a weird problem with our furnace and taught me some quick tips for troubleshooting the system next time before calling. I'll be scheduling annual maintenance with Climate Control from now on.

Description of Work
I've hired Climate Control 3 times in the last 6 years. They installed a zone-based thermostat system and did some major duct work. I've also had them out twice for and troubleshooting and maintenance of an older furnace.

Work Completed On 12/15/2016

08/30/2016

CAROL P.

And quiet frankly I've been really kind of unsatisfied with what they done in the long run you know they help me in a time when it was critical and gave me a solution for I didn't have a lot of time and I had no heat so they huff me which however the solution they gave me you know within a couple of years they wouldn't service it but it was out of somehow the manufacturer was out of some sort of warranty are there was something wrong with it so they had to come and they had to do something special to the venting and then they said well you know it's also out of warranty or the manufacturer doesn't guarantee this system anymore and it's like they sold me a system that wasn't that didn't last through there twenty or thirty year warranty on this stuff and so now if I wanna bring my stuff up to standard I have to totally replace my heating system in my home so they gave me cheap solution like maybe two to four thousand dollars for a house heater however what they gave me really wasn't a long term I mean it didn't fulfill my long term needs. Well they did respond to me when I did contacted them they have had the courteous to get back to me which I always appreciate because so many people don't but they didn't deliver a good solution for me but at least they continued to talk to me.

Description of Work
I used Climate Control Heating & AC for heating & A/C.

Work Completed On 06/30/2016

10/02/2015

Kim B.

We had a great experience with Climate Control from beginning to end. Brett came out and gave us a thorough written estimate. We were not pressured to purchase anything and he was told that we were getting multiple bids before we decided on a business. He provided us with information regarding different options - low, mid range and spendiest. Payment was done by phone with pleasant women in the main office. The installation process was just as easy. Tristan showed up on time and was the consummate professional.Mike joined him after the second day and he was also great. Tristan even swept our garage clean at the end of each working day. In fact left our home cleaner than he found it! Very good experience. Competitively priced. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Install HVAC system- furnace , heat pump and also replaced the water heater

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

Work Completed On 09/22/2015

09/19/2015

DON K.

If you want a reliable, dependable and caring company ... look no further! Climate Control is by far one of the best service providers I have ever used, regardless of the service involved. We have used the same service technician, Scott Dendy, for several years, and he has proven to be one of the best ever. It's always a delight to see their people, whether it's a preventative maintenance issue or a repair job. They are full of good, cost saving ideas and are available to help out in emergencies, when needed ... even in snow storms. I couldn't give a higher satisfaction rating to any vendor, which is why they have been our ONLY heating and air service company for the past 10 years. You want dependability, reliability and great product awareness, this is the company you should choose ... and their products and services are fairly priced. The $4,000 cost of service figure used here is an approximate amount of what I've spent over the past 10 years.

Description of Work
Annual service contract and all servicing of furnace and air conditioning units. And they are always available to answer questions regarding products and services ... from Mark Powell, one of the owners, to our individual service technicians.

Work Completed On 09/19/2015

09/09/2015

MARLA F.

It went great. New house for us, and the provider was really patient to explain everything about the furnace to us. Would definitely use in the future.

Description of Work
Tuned up the AC and furnace

Work Completed On 10/09/2014

06/26/2015

Michael S.

6:30 PM on Friday night the A/C stopped working. It was 90 degrees outside. By 8 PM Eric had the bad capacitor replaced and the A/C working. The service call price was very fair as it was after-hours on a Friday. The part was 66% of the service call. I had planned on being hot until Monday. Good Job!

Description of Work
Fixed the A/C

Work Completed On 06/26/2015

05/17/2015

Arva B.

Technician suggested we could save some money by doing some of the needed repairs ourselves. He told us which part needed to be replaced, it was a part that he did not have easily on hand. We ordered the part, replaced it just as he suggested and the A/C works great.

Description of Work
Provided tune-up on HVAC.

Work Completed On 11/20/2013

04/07/2015

Arva B.

Easy to make an appointment. Technician showed up on time for appointment. Very clean and efficient.

Description of Work
Performed a complete check up on Heating & Air Conditioning system. Made minor repairs, suggested we could save money if we did our own work for a simple part replacement on A/C. Never had anyone try to save us money before!

Work Completed On 12/01/2014

03/30/2015

Judy R.

They are coming out soon because we are going to have a yearly checkup. They are good.

Description of Work
We use Climate Control for our heating and air conditioning. They are maintaining what they did for us. They also put in a water heater for us.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

Work Completed On 03/15/2014

12/30/2014

Jerry L.

They arrived on time and everything seemed to go OK, but I felt it was awfully expensive for the work that was done.

Description of Work
They reconnected 4 bathroom and utility room exhaust vents following a re-roofing job.

Work Completed On 09/19/2014

thank you for the opportunity to be of service.

09/16/2014

Gary C.

They wanted an extra $79 to come to my area. There was nothing in the fine print stating what the service area is. Other than that issue they responded promptly and were very nice. I refunded the deal though due to the extra costs.

Description of Work
$139 for A/C and Furnace Tune-Up, Cleaning and Inspection

Work Completed On 09/16/2014

[Members Name], sorry we were not able to provide the service requested.

08/01/2014

Carol W.

THANK YOU TONY! He was a wonderful technician with Climate Control! He found every little problem with my system and fixed it all quickly and efficiently. I only had to pay for 1 part which was about 204.00 otherwise the 139.00 to service both the AC and the heater was well worth it! He explained everything, was professional and nice. He explained how long the system should last and what I need to do to maintain it. I will use them for all my maintenance and repairs from now on. I trust them fully!

Description of Work
I received a coupon for a maintenance of both my heater/AC in a new home. I also had some repairs done.

Work Completed On 08/01/2014

[Member name removed], thank you for the opportunity to be of service. We are glad you had a great experience.

06/27/2014

fatima C.

He fixed that issue for us for no additional fee. It was great!

Description of Work
I purchased a $129 Big Deal for an A/C and Furnace Tune-Up, Cleaning & Inspection. They were working on my ac. He also moved a wire from our furnace that was making a smell in the house.

Work Completed On 06/10/2013

[member name removed], thank you for your business and we are glad to be able to fix the issue with the wire.

06/03/2014

Cyndie S.

Technician was on time as scheduled!! He got right to work checking all systems, the heater, airconditioner, thermostat and air flow. He was very thorough and knowledgable, he knew what he was doing. The whole service took about 40 minutes, Afterwards he gave us a clear analysis of how things were working, explained some of the results, and did not try to upsell us on anything. When he left we felt comfortable that the work done was complete and that we understood what was done as well!! HIghly recommend!!

Description of Work
Provided semi annual maintenance on our furnace and AC system.

Work Completed On 05/23/2014

[member name removed], thank you for your continued business. We are happy to be able to provide the high level of service.

05/22/2014

Claire D.

They came and did not abuse my air condition and they did not tamper. They have to come back the next day. They were very efficient and helpful. My air conditioning system has not broken down since they fixed it.

Description of Work
I used the services of Climate Control Heating and AC. They repaired my air conditioning system because it broke down.

Work Completed On 09/18/2013

Thank you for the opportunity to be of service. Glad to hear everything is working great. Please keep us in mind if you or your friends have any future needs.

05/07/2014

MARILYN K.

Climate Control installed our gas furnace many years ago and has been servicing it ever since. Tony, our regular technician, has done a terrific job providing semi-annual maintenance on the furnace/air conditioner during the entire time. Over the years we have come to to rely on his expertise and dependability. We appreciate this kind of continuity ; it is good for the customer and speaks well of the company. When it is time to replace the system we will certainly have Climate Control do it.

Description of Work
Serviced our furnace/air conditioning system as part of our annual maintenance contract.

Work Completed On 05/06/2014

[Member Name], thank you for your continued business and support. We are glad to be of service in the past and into the future.

04/24/2014

HARVEY B.

I have been using their services for around ten years. They do quality work and are quite competent. Their pricing is fair especially for the workmanship they provide. They also stand behind their work.

Description of Work
They service my gas furnace and air conditioner. Most recently they installed new units because my units were over 20 years old.

Work Completed On 04/24/2013