Chip-Away Stump Grinding

Founded 1985 • With Angi since September 2005

Additional Contact: Kim....

R & H Tree Service, LLC

Free estimate, Great prices, Professional work, and Family owned and operated. 24 HR emergency calls.

Tree Masters, Inc.

Quality Tree Service in Portland, producing great tree service in Portland since 1984. We do tree pruning, ornamental shaping, and hazard removal. Tom Burke, the owner of Tree Masters, did an apprenticeship program with a very prestigious tree service in Marin County California where he grew up. He was apprenticed in correct pruning and shaping procedure, standard arboriculture techniques for general tree trimming and hazardous tree removal jobs around houses, structures and wires. He and his crews are professional at any tree related job they take on and are very meticulous about cleaning up the surrounding landscape following a large job. A quality job, well done is our number one priority. Tom moved to Portland in 1984. He chose this location to raise his family and establish his tree business. He has trimmed numerous trees himself in the Portland Metro area. Tom is a licensed and bonded Oregon contractor - CCB# 159995 ISA Certified Arborist® PN-8913A

Offers by Tree Masters, Inc. on Angi
Gold Tooth Gorilla Tree Service

**WE ARE CORONA VIRUS FREE AND WE CAN SERVICE YOUR NEEDS WITHOUT ANY FACE-TO-FACE INTERACTION**Gold Tooth Gorilla is a locally owned Tree Service with 35 years of experience. We take pride in treating our customers right and leaving your yard pristine

Offers by Gold Tooth Gorilla Tree Service on Angi

08/13/2020

JENNIFER R.

10/10!!! Kim was simply wonderful in providing compassionate and efficient customer care! She is very kind and easy to work with. You will feel as if you've known her forever. :) Randy was excellent! Provided competitive pricing and did the job in a very responsible and tidy fashion. Very respectful and personable! We thought he was great! We felt very safe having Chip-Away on our property during a pandemic. Randy was very careful to socially distance and wear a mask. Thanks for keeping us all safe and for taking such excellent care of us! Would definitely hire again!!

Description of Work
Large Fir Stump ground

07/30/2019

BETH H.

Service was excellent, dust kept to a minimum by using canvas shields and clean up of job site was superb. Great communication and care of our property displayed by the company. This was a third party contract, so we did not pay them directly.

Description of Work
Stump Grinding

04/18/2018

Yvette A.

I had removed a magnolia tree that had gotten too big in a small flowerbed and just wasn't strong enough to dig out the stump and remove with my small electric chainsaw. I had called another tree service that wanted twice the money I got quoted from Chip-Away. Randy and Sue are so friendly and communication with me over text and phone was prompt and impressive! Randy came out, used a portable grinder and no more stump leaving the flowerbed ready for planting again. I watched him from my home security camera while at work, he set up a barrier to protect people walking on the sidewalk and left the area in great shape taking care not to damage the lawn. I will recommend Randy and Sue to all my friends. Hats off on a job well done!

Description of Work
Magnolia tree stump removed from flowerbed

11/28/2016

Barbara H.

This is a husband and wife team who get right to work, focus, do a comprehensive job of removing the stump-- all while adding no debris to the front of the house or to my yard. Excellent work. Timely. Good value.

Description of Work
I had to remove a huge tree right in front of my house and then the enormous stump it left. I needed this done without damage to the house or to the front porch.

07/11/2016

Steve C.

A step back in time....when a job well done was the priority. From Customer Service (Kim) to the actual job (Randy), Chip Away earned a 5 star plus rating from start to finish. Hit one snag during the job, Yellow-jacket nest. Randy took a small break allowing me to take care of the problem and then resumed the job and finished up that day. When Kim & Randy state Customer Satisfaction is their #1 goal......you can count on it.

Description of Work
I needed 11 stumps removed from the backyard

07/13/2015

eric P.

Chipaway showed up on time and did the work as expected. Access to the are was very poor, needed to use a hand held grinder. Looks great. Nice folks.

Description of Work
Grind out two stumps from tress that had uprooted and fallen.

12/05/2014

Erika G.

Randy came out to survey the situation soon after we contacted him. He couldn't schedule the job until a few weeks later, which was fine with us, since we weren't in a big hurry. We were just pleased that it would be possible to remove the stumps, on a slope in a back yard without easy access. Because of this, he needed to use a hand-held grinder, which is more labor intensive, rather than a larger one. He worked quickly and efficiently and removed all the stumps in one full day and a couple of hours the following morning. He was very pleasant to work with and did a great job.

Description of Work
Ground seven stumps, most of which were two feet in diameter, in our back yard.

05/08/2014

MILT J.

Randy did a thorough job grinding out four stumps, two of which were on a slope. He arrived promptly and worked very efficiently. He is a true professional, very personable and easy to work with. I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Grind out 4 stumps

03/21/2014

Robert S.

Chip-Away was recommend to us by our Arborist. We had a little trouble communicating as they were just getting home from vacation, but once all was worked out they did an excellent job. Randy showed up right on time and was done in about three hours. He cleaned up the area very well and filled in the hole with the chippings so we don't have to get fill right away.

Description of Work
Chipped up the up-rooted root ball area of a fallen 100 ft Douglas Fir that fell during a Wind Storm. In addition they cut off two rounds from the trunk which I asked them to leave, which they did.

01/31/2014

Gregory B.

Update July 2014: Hired Chip-Away again, and they made two more stumps disappear. We love these folks! Original posting: We hired Chip-Away Stump Grinding to make 10 stumps go away. We were impressed with his quality of work, including use of screens and wooden boards to protect our nearby house, as well as trees and shrubs near each site. Above all: no hassle, no nonsense, just stump grinding with a genuine smile. We will certainly be hiring Chip-Away Stump Grinding the next time we need these services.

Description of Work
Ground 12 stumps

Category tree service

Stump grinding, large or small stumps and shrubs, lateral root grinding, servicing backyard and hard to reach areas, meticulous cleanup.

Check, Visa, MasterCard